Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) | Release Date: March 26, 2010
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 267 Ratings
WATCH NOW
RobMApr 20, 2010
Walked out. Loved The Hangover, but this was absolutely worthless.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DavidSJun 12, 2010
The 80's references were cute and one or two jokes were kind of funny, but overall this thing was just awful. (spoiler ahead) And I am usually just offended by a final message saying "just be rich and things will work out great".
0 of 1 users found this helpful
MPVahalikSep 7, 2010
Not that funny. I laughed maybe once or twice the whole time. I had a friend tell me this was funnier then The Hangover. I no longer accept movie recommendations from this friend
StephenColbertOct 1, 2010
Just a generally poor movie. I didn't think the movie executed much of what it set out to do. The plot was weak. This of course was no surprise it is a movie about a Hot Tub Time Machine after all, but that set them up with a lot ofJust a generally poor movie. I didn't think the movie executed much of what it set out to do. The plot was weak. This of course was no surprise it is a movie about a Hot Tub Time Machine after all, but that set them up with a lot of potential and yet the movie still fell flat on its face. The movie pretty much just tries to live off of the 1980s nostalgia for teen movies. The sad thing is that its a worse picture than many of the 1980s teen comedies and that's saying something. Its raunchy, which can be ok, but this movies humor just generally fails. It certainly doesn't find the perfect match between raunchiness and laughs like a movie such as The Hangover or Superbad does. Overall unless your really in the right mind set for this movie it isn't worth your time. Expand
tarcottiMar 20, 2012
So, I was looking at different time travel films to watch, and I was appalled that this film has a 6.6 metascore. What the hell is wrong with society? This is just some raunchy, lazy, worthless piece of crap excuse for horny males. I mean,So, I was looking at different time travel films to watch, and I was appalled that this film has a 6.6 metascore. What the hell is wrong with society? This is just some raunchy, lazy, worthless piece of crap excuse for horny males. I mean, how many boobs, F* bombs and sex jokes does Hollywood need to make? This genre should be banned, its not art. Its CRAP. Expand
JohnCMar 26, 2010
Bad movie.
MichaelDMar 26, 2010
I saw this movie 2-3 weeks ago at a screening, I was so excited for this movie and would talk about how funny and great it looked. I was incredibly disappointed. Even though the story isn't meant to make sense, you can't help I saw this movie 2-3 weeks ago at a screening, I was so excited for this movie and would talk about how funny and great it looked. I was incredibly disappointed. Even though the story isn't meant to make sense, you can't help yourself but cringe at how bad the story is. I get the fact it's supposed to be dumb, but It could have been dumb and great at the same time. You'll be cringing all the way through it based on how bad the story is put together, It just moves from one dick joke to another, then the movie is over. I'm 18, I love movies like that too, but this movie was shit. I laughed 2 or 3 times, but they were cheap laughs that were thrown at the audience to keep them interested, like unfair shock laughs. You wont be quoting this movie to friends, and you won't remember this movie a year from now. It's just a total waste of what talent the movie had to offer. Thank Christ I saw this movie for free, or else I'd be even more pissed off. Expand
ZinTMay 6, 2010
God damn awful. Like a bad version of the Hangover. It's like none of the jokes made the final cut. Half the time it was like the actors didn't even want to be there. CRAP.
KevMJun 11, 2010
Walked out. Insult to the genre and complete waste of time. It's biggest crime...not funny...at...all. I am completely baffled by the "professional" critics on this one.
CharlesDMay 16, 2010
I liked The Hangover, but this movie was just a gross, totally unfunny waste. I just cannot understand the 'critics' great reviews. That NY Times critic who gave this movie a 100 rating should be fired for total incompetence.
JayLApr 26, 2010
I wish a pox on anyone and everyone who made this dreadful, awful movie. Not funny, not once.
TrickyMay 18, 2010
This is the first film I have ever walked out on. After over an hour we had not laughed once. Awful.
davenbettridgeFeb 5, 2012
Too make up for an unfunny script the film makers had to resort to cheap swearing, sexual innuendo and cheap jokes for no purpose other than to make up for a lack of substance... this is the definition of a BAD MOVIE. Pass on this one.
beingryanjudeSep 3, 2014
Hot Tub Time Machine attempts to make a decent film strictly out of outrageousness. The film is lazy and, at no surprise, unfunny. Uneven and not worth following these boys back in time.
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
This film might have a promising idea, but most of the potential is wasted on unoriginal and stupid gags that just get worse as the movie progresses. This makes it just become more and more desperate.