6.6

1. Apr 6, 2014
    what a good movie . it is not funny it just cool ........................................................................................................
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    This movie was totally cute and entertaining. I can't believe it isn't rated higher. The animation is fun, the voices are cast well. It is a sweet and goofy story for all ages. It is what it is meant to be.
  3. Mar 17, 2013
    A mostly entertaining cautionary tale for possessive helicopter parents. You've undoubtedly seen this type of story before but this animated implementation is pretty decent having required a kleenex or two towards the end so that's a worthy indicator.
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    This is an animated movie from Adam Sandler. Reviewing it is really simple: if you think you will like it, you will. It is goofy, funny, kinda dumb and really fun. Don't expect anything more, but if that appeals to you, you'll really enjoy this movie a lot. Our family sure did.
  5. Feb 15, 2013
    I saw this movie and I really enjoyed it. I told myself, when this comes out on Blu-ray buy it. I did. As I watched it at home I said to myself, this is better than I remembered, glad I bought it. I don't understand those who didn't care for it. It has a good plot, the characters are excellent, and it was enjoyable. I think some Adam Sandler hate may be influencing people.
  6. Feb 2, 2013
    Very funny movie. It's almost unreasonable why negative critics would say it's bad. Not every movie has to be about the end of the world or getting revenge. Instead, the message this movie gets across is that not all people are bad; and when you keep an open mind while meeting strangers or exploring new sights, you might actually be surprised, which is more than I can say for the critics.
  7. Jan 27, 2013
    A love storm mixed up with monsters. Count Dracula must come to turns with a modern world and a growing daughter. Some fun humor and some scary moments, it's a must see movie for anyone of any age. The 3D version is great. Makes me wish there was an animated series or another movie planned.
  8. Nov 17, 2012
    Hotel Transylvania will set a high point Sony Pictures. Funny for kids and adults. The jokes are hilarious. If you haven't seen this movie then you need to
  9. Oct 28, 2012
    "Hotel Transylvania" is one of the best films I've seen this year. It was very funny, interesting, and cute. The cast was great, along with the animation. I loved how it explored the idea of a hotel....for monsters! It was very cool and exciting. I'm hoping to see a sequel/tv series in the future! :D
  10. Oct 20, 2012
    Seriously, this film is better than you think. I could not stop laughing. Sure, there
  11. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Loved it. Took my 6 year old and we both laughed a lot. Being a fan of Tartakovsky from his Dexter's Laboratory days (and others), I thought the animation was incredible, yet warm unlike other recent computer animated films. The director actually uses the method to its fullest. Plus, I LOVED that they didn't throw in pop culture jokes for the adults, instead they found humor within the artLoved it. Took my 6 year old and we both laughed a lot. Being a fan of Tartakovsky from his Dexter's Laboratory days (and others), I thought the animation was incredible, yet warm unlike other recent computer animated films. The director actually uses the method to its fullest. Plus, I LOVED that they didn't throw in pop culture jokes for the adults, instead they found humor within the art style and situations. Yes, the story's kind of just ok. And, yes, there's a few gaps in the character development. The voice acting is great, even Sandler who is NOT over the top as some critics have pointed out. Got kids? Go see it, get the stick out of your butt and just have fun! (Not everything has to be Pixar, you know...) Expand
  12. Sep 30, 2012
    An absolutely joy to watch. I don't think I've ever seen an animated movie this wonderfully kinetic and brilliantly stylized; it's rare that you can be completely entertained by just how the characters act and react to each other alone. Yeah, the story's kind of trite and it stops dead in its tracks to hit the obligated emotional beats, but everything else is just absolutely fantastic. IfAn absolutely joy to watch. I don't think I've ever seen an animated movie this wonderfully kinetic and brilliantly stylized; it's rare that you can be completely entertained by just how the characters act and react to each other alone. Yeah, the story's kind of trite and it stops dead in its tracks to hit the obligated emotional beats, but everything else is just absolutely fantastic. If you like animation, you will love this movie. Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2012
    I can honestly say this movie was pretty good. The story was good, the comedy was more than adequate. I think if people do not like this movie its because they lack a strong morale high ground required to grasp the overall story behind it. Without providing any spoilers its something that a lot of parents do and it drives their children insane, typically. This movie is worth the price ofI can honestly say this movie was pretty good. The story was good, the comedy was more than adequate. I think if people do not like this movie its because they lack a strong morale high ground required to grasp the overall story behind it. Without providing any spoilers its something that a lot of parents do and it drives their children insane, typically. This movie is worth the price of admission, and then some. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    Comedy gothic isn't exactly novel, and frankly there is a sense here of a movie coasting along on Halloween hype-marketing, without providing as many laughs and ideas as it really could have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Oct 8, 2012
    An animation that never drags itself out of mediocrity despite the best efforts of gifted animator Tartakovsky.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Oct 1, 2012
    Despite the all-star talent, an overload of sight gags and an always-amiable vibe, Genndy Tartakovsky's monster house is a bit too loony for its own good.