6.5

1. Jul 25, 2014
    Hotel Transylvania es una película que explora conceptos menos vistos de algunos personajes del terror, y que aunque le falte un poco de chispa, logra ser una buena película familiar.
  2. Jul 1, 2014
    So full of heart my bowels cramp. Every part of the script is nailed with idiotic and childish jokes, which mimic every other Sandler movie I've seen, with the exception being 'Punch-Drunk Love'. Animation is dead, except for Disney and Pixar.
  3. Apr 6, 2014
    what a good movie . it is not funny it just cool ........................................................................................................
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    If you just look at Adam Sandler playing a Dracula it looks bad, but if you give this movie a chance it`s actually pretty good. It`s nothing amazing, but was worth watching.
  5. Aug 14, 2013
    So overall I enjoyed the film. I will admit that the writing is pretty lazy and the film is kind of babiesh but this is not a bad kid’s film. It is bright and colorful, has likeable characters, and some great humor. The film has some clichés but there is nothing terrible in here. If I had kids I would not mind showing this film at all. Enough of the humor works in this movie and is not dumb humor so adults will get through it ok. In short if you have kids and you want something bright, colorful, and funny to show them show them this. Hotel Transylvania is definitely the most upbeat of the three Halloween movies of 2012 but it is also the weakest because it is mainly for kids whereas the others were darker and had some more adult moments. However as kid’s films go its ok. If you are a little kid you’ll probably enjoy this one but if you are going into this movie expecting something at the same level as Dexter’s Laboratory or Samurai Jack you’ll probably be disappointed because this film is not even close to being on the same level it’s just a little kids films with enough laughs to make it watchable. Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2013
    Movie had potential, but had way too many corny jokes, and the soundtrack was awful. Plus, the "adult and their misunderstood teen" storyline has been done to death. Honestly probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
  7. Jul 5, 2013
    This movie was totally cute and entertaining. I can't believe it isn't rated higher. The animation is fun, the voices are cast well. It is a sweet and goofy story for all ages. It is what it is meant to be.
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    As expected by most, "Hotel Transylvania" isn't that impressive, and manages to pull off some humor, but not does not take any risks. It feels average, and despite the times it tries to act emotional, a few minutes later, it's just comedy again. The comedy has several cheap jokes that sometimes work, but most of the times annoy. But despite it's several flaws, it's not that bad and at points, you may get a chuckle or two. Expand
  9. Apr 18, 2013
    Although plagued by pop-culture references and poor jokes, it's animation and solid plot-line still makes it a fun no-brainer for kids and adults alike.
  10. Apr 4, 2013
    A great family movie that you can watch with kids of any age. It's charming, sweet, and funny. It boasts great animation and stellar voice acting creating one great family movie. Its plot about an overprotective father who's trying to keep his daughter from the outside world isn't original and feels too familiar sometimes despite the gothic, halloween-esque style. In the end however it's still a funny movie that parents wont mind watching with their kids. Expand
  11. Apr 1, 2013
    Overall a fun movie with a good story. But alittle too goofy for my taste. good animations, good voice acting. and decent 3D effects. Worth watching on blu ray.
  12. Mar 17, 2013
    A mostly entertaining cautionary tale for possessive helicopter parents. You've undoubtedly seen this type of story before but this animated implementation is pretty decent having required a kleenex or two towards the end so that's a worthy indicator.
  13. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "HUMAN POT PIEE!!" Oh the lines you get stuck in your head while watching animated films with your children. For me I thought it was okay. A little fast paced. Maybe I'm just getting old, I was waiting for the film to slow down. A lot going on. But the animation is pretty sweet and it makes my daughter dance. If it grabs the attention of my little film critic then I'm sure its not a stinker. She's picky! Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2013
    A very good movie and perhaps one of the better animated movies I have seen in a while. Animation is pretty, but does feel a little too cartoony at times. Characters are all pretty well thought out and you really do end up liking them all. Overall: Hotel Transylvania is a really good kids movie, and fun for adults too. It has some really good laughs and will have you smiling at the end.
  15. Mar 7, 2013
    This is an animated movie from Adam Sandler. Reviewing it is really simple: if you think you will like it, you will. It is goofy, funny, kinda dumb and really fun. Don't expect anything more, but if that appeals to you, you'll really enjoy this movie a lot. Our family sure did.
  16. Mar 7, 2013
    I liked the movie, despite what most may say. Good voice acting, plenty of laughs and action, and a great family movie. Adam Sandler did a great job for this role.
  17. Feb 22, 2013
    So overall I feel that this is good fun. The main characters consist of Dracula, his daughter Mavis, and Jonathan, a human who managed to discover Hotel Transylvania. The film does a good job of developing these characters, but sadly most of the others don't have much of their personalities shown. The film starts off slow, but soon it is a speedy sugarfilled ride. So there are some noticable flaws, but I feel that this will be pretty enjoyable overall. Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2013
    Every once in a while i'm in the mood for some animated fun. You don't have to expect a lot from most animation movies but a lot of 'em are solid fun. So is Hotel Transylvania. Kids like monsters. Especially overactive ones. That's exactly what this movie is. An overactive stay in a hotel for monsters. No humans allowed! The story is simple and predictable. Also the all-star cast isn't necessary. Mostly because the strength isn't the voice acting. It's the animations, the fun and kinda dumb characters and the tempo which makes the movie fun to watch. You won't get bored nor surprised by this movie. But whether you're 51 or 8, you'll definitely have a good laugh. Expand
  19. Feb 15, 2013
    I saw this movie and I really enjoyed it. I told myself, when this comes out on Blu-ray buy it. I did. As I watched it at home I said to myself, this is better than I remembered, glad I bought it. I don't understand those who didn't care for it. It has a good plot, the characters are excellent, and it was enjoyable. I think some Adam Sandler hate may be influencing people.
  20. Feb 4, 2013
    Hotel Transylvania got my attention when I knew that there was a bunch of creepy animated movies that would be release at cinemas. Like Frankenweenie or ParaNorman; both films surprised me not only because of the technique of animation and the esthetic, but also because of the message that these pictures gives, which clearly demonstrate that they were not the typical movie for children. Hotel Transylvania was the exception. It could not reach a least half the level than the films mentioned before. Despites that the idea of a hotel for monsters in vacations is original, everything else does not: the overprotective father, the rebel teenage daughter, the cool young guy and love at first sight; because of this the movie is absolutely predictable. In between it has some interesting topics, like the anger of Dracula cause by the images that the humans have of him (the scene of the plane is spectacular); and the stereotypes that the monsters have about the humans. Above all, this picture is very erratic, makes you laugh? Yes, but is empty. Expand
  21. Feb 2, 2013
    Very funny movie. It's almost unreasonable why negative critics would say it's bad. Not every movie has to be about the end of the world or getting revenge. Instead, the message this movie gets across is that not all people are bad; and when you keep an open mind while meeting strangers or exploring new sights, you might actually be surprised, which is more than I can say for the critics.
  22. Jan 31, 2013
    good movie to watch, nice funny bits and family friendly. I watched it in 3D and it was good.I really liked the cartoons and my favorite character was the dad.
  23. Jan 31, 2013
    The best thing about this movie is seeing certain characters as bats (which happens rarely) and probably Sandler's voice performance. The beginning starts off somewhat interesting, but then you get to the luke warm middle, wondering when it will pick up, but it never does. The only thing that saves the ending is the fact that you see a bat for a good few minutes. (They look cute)
  24. Jan 27, 2013
    A love storm mixed up with monsters. Count Dracula must come to turns with a modern world and a growing daughter. Some fun humor and some scary moments, it's a must see movie for anyone of any age. The 3D version is great. Makes me wish there was an animated series or another movie planned.
  25. Jan 20, 2013
    I'm an adult who likes animated movies and I honestly did not find this funny at all. I am sure little kids would love this movie but if you are an older viewer, I highly doubt you will laugh. It's not a bad movie, The characters were likeable and the cast did a good job, The potential is there to make a good franchise, but it's just not funny.
  26. Jan 2, 2013
    Really bad movie. Seems like the producers tried to create a universal story to match with every age group, but they failed miserably. For adult people the movie is boring and dull, while younger children might be spoiled by the language* or scared. The story is just bad. One more thing, the movie is really short, it was first family film I've watched in ages, so one and a half hour might be a normal movie duration in that category, but i find it much too short. Also, 3D effects are nearly imperceptible. Collapse
  27. Zal
    Dec 14, 2012
    It's harmless, I guess, but if you want to see a Halloween themed kids movie I have some better suggestions: The Nightmare Before Christmas, ParaNorman, Frankenweenie. It's one of of Adam Sandler better movies, but that's not saying much. The best word to describe it is "forgettable." There's no major conflict or villain. It's a whole lot of nothing. While it's not harmful, it's not interesting.
  28. Nov 17, 2012
    Hotel Transylvania will set a high point Sony Pictures. Funny for kids and adults. The jokes are hilarious. If you haven't seen this movie then you need to
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    In the words of my daughter after seeing this film, "Dad, I'm 8 not stupid." Maybe someday Hollywood will realize that not all cartoons are cute or funny. Just because you animate something doesn't make it good. We left half way through the movie and went for a bike ride.
  30. Nov 11, 2012
    No puedo creer que muchos hayan esperado esta m....a, en serio es m....a, la trama es predecible, la animación es horrenda y ridícula y los personajes pueden ser comicos, clicheados o irritantes. La única razón por la que todos la aman es por el director Gendy Tartakovsky, quien trajo "Dexter's Laboratory", pero eso no significa que siempre va a estar buena. Ni siquiera esta para Halloween, prefiero ParaNorman o Frankenweenie honestamente. Admito que me dio risa la película. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    Comedy gothic isn't exactly novel, and frankly there is a sense here of a movie coasting along on Halloween hype-marketing, without providing as many laughs and ideas as it really could have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Oct 8, 2012
    An animation that never drags itself out of mediocrity despite the best efforts of gifted animator Tartakovsky.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Oct 1, 2012
    Despite the all-star talent, an overload of sight gags and an always-amiable vibe, Genndy Tartakovsky's monster house is a bit too loony for its own good.