6.6

1. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Loved it. Took my 6 year old and we both laughed a lot. Being a fan of Tartakovsky from his Dexter's Laboratory days (and others), I thought the animation was incredible, yet warm unlike other recent computer animated films. The director actually uses the method to its fullest. Plus, I LOVED that they didn't throw in pop culture jokes for the adults, instead they found humor within the artLoved it. Took my 6 year old and we both laughed a lot. Being a fan of Tartakovsky from his Dexter's Laboratory days (and others), I thought the animation was incredible, yet warm unlike other recent computer animated films. The director actually uses the method to its fullest. Plus, I LOVED that they didn't throw in pop culture jokes for the adults, instead they found humor within the art style and situations. Yes, the story's kind of just ok. And, yes, there's a few gaps in the character development. The voice acting is great, even Sandler who is NOT over the top as some critics have pointed out. Got kids? Go see it, get the stick out of your butt and just have fun! (Not everything has to be Pixar, you know...) Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2012
    "Hotel Transylvania" is one of the best films I've seen this year. It was very funny, interesting, and cute. The cast was great, along with the animation. I loved how it explored the idea of a hotel....for monsters! It was very cool and exciting. I'm hoping to see a sequel/tv series in the future! :D
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    Hotel Transylvania will set a high point Sony Pictures. Funny for kids and adults. The jokes are hilarious. If you haven't seen this movie then you need to
  4. Jan 27, 2013
    A love storm mixed up with monsters. Count Dracula must come to turns with a modern world and a growing daughter. Some fun humor and some scary moments, it's a must see movie for anyone of any age. The 3D version is great. Makes me wish there was an animated series or another movie planned.
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    Very funny movie. It's almost unreasonable why negative critics would say it's bad. Not every movie has to be about the end of the world or getting revenge. Instead, the message this movie gets across is that not all people are bad; and when you keep an open mind while meeting strangers or exploring new sights, you might actually be surprised, which is more than I can say for the critics.
  6. Feb 15, 2013
    I saw this movie and I really enjoyed it. I told myself, when this comes out on Blu-ray buy it. I did. As I watched it at home I said to myself, this is better than I remembered, glad I bought it. I don't understand those who didn't care for it. It has a good plot, the characters are excellent, and it was enjoyable. I think some Adam Sandler hate may be influencing people.
  7. Mar 7, 2013
    This is an animated movie from Adam Sandler. Reviewing it is really simple: if you think you will like it, you will. It is goofy, funny, kinda dumb and really fun. Don't expect anything more, but if that appeals to you, you'll really enjoy this movie a lot. Our family sure did.
  8. Jul 5, 2013
    This movie was totally cute and entertaining. I can't believe it isn't rated higher. The animation is fun, the voices are cast well. It is a sweet and goofy story for all ages. It is what it is meant to be.
  9. Sep 29, 2012
    I can honestly say this movie was pretty good. The story was good, the comedy was more than adequate. I think if people do not like this movie its because they lack a strong morale high ground required to grasp the overall story behind it. Without providing any spoilers its something that a lot of parents do and it drives their children insane, typically. This movie is worth the price ofI can honestly say this movie was pretty good. The story was good, the comedy was more than adequate. I think if people do not like this movie its because they lack a strong morale high ground required to grasp the overall story behind it. Without providing any spoilers its something that a lot of parents do and it drives their children insane, typically. This movie is worth the price of admission, and then some. Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2012
    An absolutely joy to watch. I don't think I've ever seen an animated movie this wonderfully kinetic and brilliantly stylized; it's rare that you can be completely entertained by just how the characters act and react to each other alone. Yeah, the story's kind of trite and it stops dead in its tracks to hit the obligated emotional beats, but everything else is just absolutely fantastic. IfAn absolutely joy to watch. I don't think I've ever seen an animated movie this wonderfully kinetic and brilliantly stylized; it's rare that you can be completely entertained by just how the characters act and react to each other alone. Yeah, the story's kind of trite and it stops dead in its tracks to hit the obligated emotional beats, but everything else is just absolutely fantastic. If you like animation, you will love this movie. Expand
  11. Oct 20, 2012
    Seriously, this film is better than you think. I could not stop laughing. Sure, there
  12. Mar 17, 2013
    A mostly entertaining cautionary tale for possessive helicopter parents. You've undoubtedly seen this type of story before but this animated implementation is pretty decent having required a kleenex or two towards the end so that's a worthy indicator.
  13. Apr 6, 2014
    what a good movie . it is not funny it just cool ........................................................................................................
  14. Sep 30, 2012
    This film deserved a much higher score than the critics gave it. It was entertaining, creative, funny, with a cute story and good character development. There were many aspects of this film that I thought surpassed ParaNorman, which opened just a few weeks ago and was also a cute flick.
  15. Oct 12, 2012
    So many critics put this movie down, because according to them it is not for adults. Why is it that someone that has a job writing movie reviews doesn't have the commonsense to know that animated movies are not aiming for the adults to be moved. We went with 3 boys ages 5 and 6. They thought it was great and funny. I think it was just what was expected. Our son is still say "Blah,So many critics put this movie down, because according to them it is not for adults. Why is it that someone that has a job writing movie reviews doesn't have the commonsense to know that animated movies are not aiming for the adults to be moved. We went with 3 boys ages 5 and 6. They thought it was great and funny. I think it was just what was expected. Our son is still say "Blah, Blah, Blah - I don't really say that." Parents your kids will enjoy this. Critics be ashamed that you give this movie a bad score just because they left out the adult crude humor. Expand
  16. Nov 3, 2012
    Entertaining and very funny.
  17. Jan 31, 2013
    good movie to watch, nice funny bits and family friendly. I watched it in 3D and it was good.I really liked the cartoons and my favorite character was the dad.
  18. Mar 7, 2013
    I liked the movie, despite what most may say. Good voice acting, plenty of laughs and action, and a great family movie. Adam Sandler did a great job for this role.
  19. Mar 11, 2013
    A very good movie and perhaps one of the better animated movies I have seen in a while. Animation is pretty, but does feel a little too cartoony at times. Characters are all pretty well thought out and you really do end up liking them all. Overall: Hotel Transylvania is a really good kids movie, and fun for adults too. It has some really good laughs and will have you smiling at the end.
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    Definitely better than the 48 meta score given here. My seven year old liked it more than ParaNorman. I thought it was cute, and nearly as good as ParaNorman. The all-star talent is mostly wasted. Stars like David Spade barely use their most effective comic techniques here. The laughs are driven by the script and animation, and any voices would have been sufficient. Maybe that's oneDefinitely better than the 48 meta score given here. My seven year old liked it more than ParaNorman. I thought it was cute, and nearly as good as ParaNorman. The all-star talent is mostly wasted. Stars like David Spade barely use their most effective comic techniques here. The laughs are driven by the script and animation, and any voices would have been sufficient. Maybe that's one reason the critics were disappointed. Expand
  21. Oct 20, 2012
    Written by a fabulous team of acclaimed writers, this move had lots of laughs for kids and adults. My only concern was once the boy was introduced, the monsters became much less of the focal point of the movie. Still lots of of fun!
  22. Feb 18, 2013
    Every once in a while i'm in the mood for some animated fun. You don't have to expect a lot from most animation movies but a lot of 'em are solid fun. So is Hotel Transylvania. Kids like monsters. Especially overactive ones. That's exactly what this movie is. An overactive stay in a hotel for monsters. No humans allowed! The story is simple and predictable. Also the all-star cast isn'tEvery once in a while i'm in the mood for some animated fun. You don't have to expect a lot from most animation movies but a lot of 'em are solid fun. So is Hotel Transylvania. Kids like monsters. Especially overactive ones. That's exactly what this movie is. An overactive stay in a hotel for monsters. No humans allowed! The story is simple and predictable. Also the all-star cast isn't necessary. Mostly because the strength isn't the voice acting. It's the animations, the fun and kinda dumb characters and the tempo which makes the movie fun to watch. You won't get bored nor surprised by this movie. But whether you're 51 or 8, you'll definitely have a good laugh. Expand
  23. Apr 4, 2013
    A great family movie that you can watch with kids of any age. It's charming, sweet, and funny. It boasts great animation and stellar voice acting creating one great family movie. Its plot about an overprotective father who's trying to keep his daughter from the outside world isn't original and feels too familiar sometimes despite the gothic, halloween-esque style. In the end however it'sA great family movie that you can watch with kids of any age. It's charming, sweet, and funny. It boasts great animation and stellar voice acting creating one great family movie. Its plot about an overprotective father who's trying to keep his daughter from the outside world isn't original and feels too familiar sometimes despite the gothic, halloween-esque style. In the end however it's still a funny movie that parents wont mind watching with their kids. Expand
  24. Apr 18, 2013
    Although plagued by pop-culture references and poor jokes, it's animation and solid plot-line still makes it a fun no-brainer for kids and adults alike.
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    If you just look at Adam Sandler playing a Dracula it looks bad, but if you give this movie a chance it`s actually pretty good. It`s nothing amazing, but was worth watching.
  26. Nov 23, 2014
    Hotel Transylvania es una película que explora conceptos menos vistos de algunos personajes del terror, y que aunque le falte un poco de chispa, logra ser una buena película familiar.
  27. Jan 30, 2015
    It's not the greatest comedy ever made, but it is very enjoyable, Adam sanders not half bad as Dracula, and it is has plenty of funny jokes as well as a prejudice that is completely justified, despite his actions. Unlike buck cluck where he just acted like a prick just because he was embarrassed by his son.
  28. Oct 15, 2012
    A fast, funny and wildly inventive animated tale with enough laughs and heart to appeal to audiences of all ages. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrie-2013-has-hemorrhoids-/154149308058300
  29. Feb 22, 2013
    So overall I feel that this is good fun. The main characters consist of Dracula, his daughter Mavis, and Jonathan, a human who managed to discover Hotel Transylvania. The film does a good job of developing these characters, but sadly most of the others don't have much of their personalities shown. The film starts off slow, but soon it is a speedy sugarfilled ride. So there are someSo overall I feel that this is good fun. The main characters consist of Dracula, his daughter Mavis, and Jonathan, a human who managed to discover Hotel Transylvania. The film does a good job of developing these characters, but sadly most of the others don't have much of their personalities shown. The film starts off slow, but soon it is a speedy sugarfilled ride. So there are some noticable flaws, but I feel that this will be pretty enjoyable overall. Expand
  30. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "HUMAN POT PIEE!!" Oh the lines you get stuck in your head while watching animated films with your children. For me I thought it was okay. A little fast paced. Maybe I'm just getting old, I was waiting for the film to slow down. A lot going on. But the animation is pretty sweet and it makes my daughter dance. If it grabs the attention of my little film critic then I'm sure its not a stinker. She's picky! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    Comedy gothic isn't exactly novel, and frankly there is a sense here of a movie coasting along on Halloween hype-marketing, without providing as many laughs and ideas as it really could have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Oct 8, 2012
    An animation that never drags itself out of mediocrity despite the best efforts of gifted animator Tartakovsky.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Oct 1, 2012
    Despite the all-star talent, an overload of sight gags and an always-amiable vibe, Genndy Tartakovsky's monster house is a bit too loony for its own good.