4.0

1. Sep 26, 2011
    The wax statues were well-done as well as the ghost town. And I must admit that I had some chills but, even them weren't enough to compensate the bad acting (except for Cuthbert) and poor storyline.
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    One of the worst films of all time. Bottom line for the poor performance of Paris Hilton. Does she really think that's an actress? Note 1. Because dying to see Paris Hilton always worthwhile.
  3. FFenster
    May 6, 2005
    If I'd paid money to see such a tremendous pile of crap, I'd consider suing the studio and everyone involved to get a refund. Actually, I might go ahead with this anyway and seek damages for pain and personal anguish. Surprisingly, crossing over from home movies to the big screen won't bring paris Hilton any Oscars. Although, if there's one thing she's good at, If I'd paid money to see such a tremendous pile of crap, I'd consider suing the studio and everyone involved to get a refund. Actually, I might go ahead with this anyway and seek damages for pain and personal anguish. Surprisingly, crossing over from home movies to the big screen won't bring paris Hilton any Oscars. Although, if there's one thing she's good at, it's sucking. Expand
  4. LaurenS.
    May 13, 2005
    I had absoutley no expectations going into this movie, none whatsoever. I knew it would be bad. It wasn't bad enough to be funny, but wasnt good enough to be scary. There were probally two places in this movie when i jumped. But i realised that i jumped higher and was a lot more scared through the previews of the up coming scary movies. Everyone is raving about how bad Paris Hilton I had absoutley no expectations going into this movie, none whatsoever. I knew it would be bad. It wasn't bad enough to be funny, but wasnt good enough to be scary. There were probally two places in this movie when i jumped. But i realised that i jumped higher and was a lot more scared through the previews of the up coming scary movies. Everyone is raving about how bad Paris Hilton was in this movie, I really didnt think that she was that bad. She really didn't stick around long enough to be that bad. Blood and Gore was the basis of this whole movie. So, if you like seeing peoples heads being bashed in, decapitated heads and/or fingers, and stabbings slashings shootings imphailings etc... of EVERY kind. I still implore you to bring along a barf bag. Expand
  5. Mar 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only take-away is seeing Paris Hilton getting a spear impaled through her head.

The movie on its own is incredibly dull, and the characters are extremely unlikeable, case in point with Paris Hilton, who at-least gets killed off in a hilarious way. The horror is really dull too. You'd think a film relying on a town full of "wax figures" would be able to employ some great horror feeling, but all it pulls off is lackluster fluff.
  6. Apr 12, 2015
    Não sei o porque, as esse filme foi tão marcante para mim, uma história de dar medo, efeitos especiais que condizem com a realidade, enfim, é o meu filme de terror preferido da atualidade, mesmo sabendo que tem melhores.
  7. MattP.
    May 5, 2005
    Has anybody ever seen Scream? You know, that movie that defined the slasher flick in the 90's. It was scary, gorey, and all around a fun movie. This movie is not fun. It is not scary, and it relies too much on the "Oh Jesus" factor. Sure things jump out at you, but so does your cat when you aren't looking. Try again. Plus, Paris Hilton is a comic genuis, I laughed everytime she Has anybody ever seen Scream? You know, that movie that defined the slasher flick in the 90's. It was scary, gorey, and all around a fun movie. This movie is not fun. It is not scary, and it relies too much on the "Oh Jesus" factor. Sure things jump out at you, but so does your cat when you aren't looking. Try again. Plus, Paris Hilton is a comic genuis, I laughed everytime she was on screen. Expand
  8. BenV
    May 5, 2005
    The worst "horror" "film" ever. Now you expect me to say some stupid pun about Paris Hilton's acting, but that's be a waste of time for a waste of a time movie. This movie should be burned!
  9. AlP.
    May 5, 2005
    This horror of this movie is that anyone would shell out good money to see something that put no effort into evoking real horror, but resorts to the "BOO", see our special effects... "BOO again!" Early in the movie the group is camping, the breeze brings in a pungent odor, and someone says,"Ugh! What's that smell?" That smell is the rest of the movie. Pure trash!
  10. Kenny
    House of WACK!!!
  11. SteveS.
    May 7, 2007
    Not scary and dull. I kept pausing it and walking away.
  12. JimS.
    Dec 28, 2005
    I expected this movie to follow in the footsteps of the orignal classic House Of Wax. Totally disappointed with screenplay and artwork.
  13. RobertB
    May 8, 2005
    I wish I was one of those people who rated this movie an 8 or above. I really, really do. Clearly the theater that they were at mixed up the movies and showed them something good. The actual House of Wax was horrendous, one of the worst horror movies I've seen in a while.
  14. MichelleW.
    Jul 1, 2005
    Actually I didn't see this movie, but just knowing that Paris Hilton was in the movie which I heard she was not very long in the movie made me want to puke. Ya. ((She sure achieved alot so far)) Not really. Paris all I have to say is get a clue. With your one big eye and enormous feet.
  15. AndrewB.
    Feb 28, 2007
    HORRIBLE MOVIE! I never seen the original but this movie is bad, just the main point in travel, they left to go to the super bowl which they didn't even have tickets to and if they scalpt tickets they would be REALLY expensive. but they make it far enough to a town they never heard of before(well two of them do) and the others go on even farther to the super bowl and then deside to HORRIBLE MOVIE! I never seen the original but this movie is bad, just the main point in travel, they left to go to the super bowl which they didn't even have tickets to and if they scalpt tickets they would be REALLY expensive. but they make it far enough to a town they never heard of before(well two of them do) and the others go on even farther to the super bowl and then deside to turn around and go back after being stuck in trafic on a highway which there is no turn around while people in the back seat are sayin "TURN AROUND, LETS GO BACK!" STUPID!!! so they do turn back, retarded. and the other part i remember is when those 2 first go into the wax house and then she see's something outside in the window looking in and gets freaked out, and he goes outside to see what/who it was, it's a free country, people can be outside, and besides that whoever it was, they were just looking in the window, no actually walking into the place and touchin and metting a little wax. and she stays INSIDE the wax house while he goes outside to see what it was outside, f-ing stupid. Expand
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    The film makers do a really good job of creating characters whom you wish would shut up and die so when the time comes for their horrific deaths you are relieved. Its also not a good thing that Paris Hilton is the movie's most convincing actress either. The set and props of the House of Wax scenes were pretty good but mostly misused. Just another lamed out horror movie.
  17. Jan 22, 2013
    A movie very unpredictable and full of gore and scenes that will leave you open-mouthed.
  18. MarkG.
    May 6, 2005
    It's pretty obvious I work for the production company!! I'm trying in vain to start a positive whisper campaign!!! Check out my exclamation points!!!! And my patently fake names!!!!!!
  19. DenisC
    Oct 30, 2005
    Very efficient, scary at some parts, love the special effects of certain shots. I recommend this movie for those who love to be seated on the edge of their seats. Don't drink and watch, you will spill your drink in a matter of time!!
  20. Shawn
    May 7, 2005
    House of Wax was great!!! I find it funny how critics and people in general love to hate Paris Hilton and look forward to seeing her demise in a horror movie, and the first comments were "Paris Hilton's in it" that's kinda sad?! Aside from the fact that she is a millionaire, made money from The Simple Life,books, movies, modeling, music ect. She's so popular and beautiful House of Wax was great!!! I find it funny how critics and people in general love to hate Paris Hilton and look forward to seeing her demise in a horror movie, and the first comments were "Paris Hilton's in it" that's kinda sad?! Aside from the fact that she is a millionaire, made money from The Simple Life,books, movies, modeling, music ect. She's so popular and beautiful people still can't take her seriously in House Of Wax. The movie was really well put together i thought, and had the elements there, The gore, the story line(as good as it can get for a horror movie) and the acting was good. Paris did an amazing job especially during her demise scene!! Elisha was also really good in this movie!! The death scences were really intense i loved it! So as for Paris, Keep hating her, Does'nt change her world wide fame!!! For the amount of people who say they don't like her.....she sure has achieved alot so far..........GO PARIS GO!!!!! Expand
  21. betsya.
    Great movie.
  22. GregH.
    Apr 29, 2005
    A cut above the standard and a whole lot better than I expected. Scared the crap out of me! Bring on the sequel!!!
  23. VinceH.
    May 25, 2005
    A mediocre film for sure, but this movie SCREAMS "guily pleasure" more than probably any American horror movie I've seen since the "Dawn of the Dead" remake. In fact they both have a lot in common - well made, entertaining, grisly, with lots of fun-to-watch murders and people running around getting killed. The cast of HOW is attractive and benign, with only really Elisha Cuthbert A mediocre film for sure, but this movie SCREAMS "guily pleasure" more than probably any American horror movie I've seen since the "Dawn of the Dead" remake. In fact they both have a lot in common - well made, entertaining, grisly, with lots of fun-to-watch murders and people running around getting killed. The cast of HOW is attractive and benign, with only really Elisha Cuthbert being anything more than memorable in their role. Overall, this I found this to be much funnier and much more entertaining than The Ring 2, Cursed, The Grudge, or any of the other recent mainstream horror movies. Plus what other movie do you get to see Paris Hilton run around and scream a lot and ultimately meet a fate that is very satisfying to say the least. Expand
  24. GuyC.
    May 2, 2005
    I saw this movie at a preview screening and it was so awesome! The movie was suspenseful and it had great violence and gore(laking in most horror movies today). Paris Hilton got applause from the audience for a certain scene that was great! Sure, the characters seemed to do stupid things at the wrong time but that occurs in every single horror movie! Overall, one of the best horror movies I saw this movie at a preview screening and it was so awesome! The movie was suspenseful and it had great violence and gore(laking in most horror movies today). Paris Hilton got applause from the audience for a certain scene that was great! Sure, the characters seemed to do stupid things at the wrong time but that occurs in every single horror movie! Overall, one of the best horror movies of recent memory. Expand
  25. MawkD.
    May 7, 2005
    Very fun movie to see. It was worth paying the matinee fee but not really worth the full fee. Still it was very entertaining and gross but it was fun to watch. People who are looking at real character depth and an awesome story line will be disappointed, but who the hell would look for that when going to see a horror movie?
  26. JoeL.
    May 7, 2005
    Somewhat long. not scary at all, a little gory. don't waste ur money.
  27. Kevin
    May 8, 2005
    We saw this at an 8pm showing. Everyone in the theater apllauded when Paris met her end. How appropriate she died on her knees. Paris on the Video Camera was tounge in cheek as well.
  28. Tonydannie
    Jun 19, 2005
    Here is a good example of why Studios should stay away from trying to remake crappy movies!! This year there has been Three remakes That i know of that has really dissapointed me and this is one of the three. The story is dull and boring. The images on screen are not scary but annoying.Who ever said Fast and gory sequences were scary? I am sick of horror movies nowadays thinking that just Here is a good example of why Studios should stay away from trying to remake crappy movies!! This year there has been Three remakes That i know of that has really dissapointed me and this is one of the three. The story is dull and boring. The images on screen are not scary but annoying.Who ever said Fast and gory sequences were scary? I am sick of horror movies nowadays thinking that just because there is blood and fast flashing it makes it cool. Hey it did not work in Saw or The other crappy remake of AmmityHorror. It does not work here. Not even Hilton's Death scene was interesting enough. Screenplay is garbage and the photography to damn dark. Still.. kudos to the House Of wax melting sequence. But that is not enough for me to recomend this flick. Expand
  29. tracyi.
    Jul 10, 2005
    Great film.
  30. AndyW.
    Oct 31, 2005
    [***SPOILERS***] This is probably one of the best movies of 05. just because....a)elisha cuthbert lives, she's a babe b)paris hilton gets absolutely owned in the middle of the movie c)tons of guts and gore and d)the plot was very effective because it practically had me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen. if any of those reasons were not sufficient in this[***SPOILERS***] This is probably one of the best movies of 05. just because....a)elisha cuthbert lives, she's a babe b)paris hilton gets absolutely owned in the middle of the movie c)tons of guts and gore and d)the plot was very effective because it practically had me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen. if any of those reasons were not sufficient in this movie, i would've pulled out my hair at it. this for once, was actually a pretty scary movie. Expand
  31. SeanS.
    May 10, 2005
    A fun horror flick, with a cool cast.
  32. SaerA.
    May 11, 2005
    House Of Wax delivers what every horror fanatic wants. Its a very fun movie to see. It's probably not that scary like other horror movies, but some scenes whould make you jump. But I really enjoyed it.
  33. LaurenD.
    May 15, 2005
    For a crappy cheesy horror film it wasn't terrible and it somewhat enjoyable at times.
  34. RichardC.
    May 2, 2005
    House of Wax rocks it the best true horror film of the year!
  35. Jeremy
    May 26, 2005
    This is a really funny movie, i was laughing so hard durring it. I saw about 5 shots of the freaking microphone overhead, it was so funny. You should rent this movie if you want to see a comedy, i suggest it. microphone... omg.
  36. Mike
    May 6, 2005
    This was so much better than the last horror movie I saw the awful The Grudge. The Grudge was like Gigli and this is like Titanic.
  37. BillW.
    May 6, 2005
    I give it a 10+ for the wish-fulfillment it provides of Paris Hilton's demise (some in the audience, me included, burst into spontaneous applause). A 6 for better than average (but only just) execution of standard slasher conventions.
  38. BrandonE.
    May 6, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie!!
  39. rachelj.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Its great.
  40. ScottM.
    Jul 1, 2005
    Not a bad ride for a teenage slasher movie. Plot goes nowhere, but at least the movie does not pretend to be something it is not.
  41. WallyS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    The remakes just keep getting worst, and here it achieves the unnatural gift of beeing stupid and dreadfull, the teens have no skill, and even though the art direction is excellent, everything else is trash.
  42. ChadS.
    May 14, 2005
    I've always wanted to see the short story "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band" (from "Nightmares and Dreamscapes) by Stephen King adapted for film or television. "House of Wax" doesn't feature a reanimated Janis Joplin working as a short-order cook in a 50s-style diner, but it does have a reanimated Paris Hilton working a...a...a..., and more importantly, like my favorite piece I've always wanted to see the short story "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band" (from "Nightmares and Dreamscapes) by Stephen King adapted for film or television. "House of Wax" doesn't feature a reanimated Janis Joplin working as a short-order cook in a 50s-style diner, but it does have a reanimated Paris Hilton working a...a...a..., and more importantly, like my favorite piece of King fiction, there's an unlikely town in the sticks that feels otherworldly and menancing in its benignness. This is a good-looking movie for a B-list cast, albeit good-looking, would normally look like the second-stringers they are if not for the inspired work by the art designer and a director who doesn't seem to be asleep at the wheel. "House of Wax", unlike most horror flicks, has half a brain. Instead of using the tired "final girl" technique, the film unfolds into a family feud, and the villians turn out to bealmost sympathetic (to me). They're artists; nihilistic, but artists, and they love their mama. The violence isn't entirely mindless. I just read "Creation" by Katherine Govier, a historical novel about John James Audubon, who killed his birds so he could draw them. There might be a trace of allegory in this seemingly banal film. "House of Wax" is a lot, A LOT, more interesting than the recent slate of horror movies. Expand
  43. jay
    Jun 18, 2005
    A mediocre effort...there are some genuine "boo!" moment, but the movie hardly works.
  44. Mar 8, 2011
    The plot is admittedly predictable at parts, and the cast a bit generic, but this movie gives it to you in a way few others have. Tense and gory scenes interlocked with a consistent pace that picks up plot pieces and sets them down for later with brilliant efficiency make this a solid, enjoyable horror film.
  45. Jan 28, 2012
    I did like it...I watched it first when it was released and now, again (2012). I still like it! In the beginning it is a bit slow- which was okey, because it builds-up) and there was some unnecessary sub-plots that did not add anything to the movie (e.g. Paris' Hilton's characters'pregnancy)...but overall it was good. Although I am not that fun of gore, I have to say this was smartlyI did like it...I watched it first when it was released and now, again (2012). I still like it! In the beginning it is a bit slow- which was okey, because it builds-up) and there was some unnecessary sub-plots that did not add anything to the movie (e.g. Paris' Hilton's characters'pregnancy)...but overall it was good. Although I am not that fun of gore, I have to say this was smartly used, and even though the movie was quite visual and there was indeed gruesome stuff, it was there when it was needed..Some may argue that there are some parts in the movie that are unbelievabIe... well, if we give real attention to the movie we will realise that these part are not that illogical really and make sense; any case, the movie is a horror movie,and horror movies are not meant to be always 'realistic'-although we would prefer if they were. Of course this is not a 'superior' movie, but it is fun and keeps you in suspense. As for Paris Hilton's performance (everybody seems to have a said about it), I am not fond of her, but I think she did all right. The movies is not about her, so go and watch the movies seeing her just a one more actress and not as a 'socialite' performing in a movie, because if you do, then your own bias would give you a hard time and you would be unfair to her or/and to the other actors involved. In general, the performances were decent, no more, not less.Paris' role was little, not particularly important but since there were only two girls of the movie, her role was complementary to Alysha's. Period. Expand
  46. Jun 16, 2013
    House of Wax is a great horror ..

House of Wax is a great horror ..

I honestly think this amazing film, a screenplay correct, that holds you from beginning to end, with frightening scenes, not denying that the strengths of the film are: Art Direction Soundtrack and makeup, I think it really is a film that deserves to be seen and revised and I'm very happy that Warner has made ​​the continuation of this movie, because it would not work.
  47. Nov 10, 2012
    It was a pretty solid movie suprisingly. Not much in terms of suspense though but it was interesting enough to keep you watching. I enjoyed it and saw no real problem with it.
  48. Jan 23, 2015
    Um dos melhores filmes de terror de todos os tempos!!!.
    Totalmente subestimado e desvalorizado pelos críticos insensíveis,pessimistas e idiotas.
    Elisha Cuthbert é fenomenal dando uma super performance gata,Chad Michael Murray também é ótimo,Jared Padalecki é incrível E Brian Van Holt é excelente como Serial Killer. Roteiro excelente de Carey Hayes e Chad Hayes. Jaume Collet Serra
    Um dos melhores filmes de terror de todos os tempos!!!.
    Roteiro excelente de Carey Hayes e Chad Hayes.
    Jaume Collet Serra arrasa como diretor desse puta filme.
    Um filme de terror perfeito com muitos sustos e cenas incríveis de ação.
  49. Oct 27, 2014
    this is one of the freakiest of the freakiest movies of the horror colllection yet. Some how this is not creeper then Jaume Collet- Serra's film ' The Orphan ' suddenly it isn't better then orphan. this movie has a lot of teen humor with sex and rage which horror movies deal with but these teenagers are idiots well some ot some are dumb like Paris Hilton and the guy from scary movie 1. Grade A-

The problem is that the writing is too weak for me to come close to recommending it.
    Related to the 1953 Vincent Price film in name, embalming technique and Warner Bros. pedigree only, the new House of Wax is a dreary, predictable tale.
  3. Overlong, unscary, poorly paced and banally written.