5.5

1. Jan 22, 2013
    A movie very unpredictable and full of gore and scenes that will leave you open-mouthed.
  2. Sep 26, 2011
    The wax statues were well-done as well as the ghost town. And I must admit that I had some chills but, even them weren't enough to compensate the bad acting (except for Cuthbert) and poor storyline.
  3. Mar 8, 2011
    The plot is admittedly predictable at parts, and the cast a bit generic, but this movie gives it to you in a way few others have. Tense and gory scenes interlocked with a consistent pace that picks up plot pieces and sets them down for later with brilliant efficiency make this a solid, enjoyable horror film.
  4. Nov 14, 2011
    The film makers do a really good job of creating characters whom you wish would shut up and die so when the time comes for their horrific deaths you are relieved. Its also not a good thing that Paris Hilton is the movie's most convincing actress either. The set and props of the House of Wax scenes were pretty good but mostly misused. Just another lamed out horror movie.
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    One of the worst films of all time. Bottom line for the poor performance of Paris Hilton. Does she really think that's an actress? Note 1. Because dying to see Paris Hilton always worthwhile.
  6. Jan 28, 2012
    I did like it...I watched it first when it was released and now, again (2012). I still like it! In the beginning it is a bit slow- which was okey, because it builds-up) and there was some unnecessary sub-plots that did not add anything to the movie (e.g. Paris' Hilton's characters'pregnancy)...but overall it was good. Although I am not that fun of gore, I have to say this was smartly used, and even though the movie was quite visual and there was indeed gruesome stuff, it was there when it was needed..Some may argue that there are some parts in the movie that are unbelievabIe... well, if we give real attention to the movie we will realise that these part are not that illogical really and make sense; any case, the movie is a horror movie,and horror movies are not meant to be always 'realistic'-although we would prefer if they were. Of course this is not a 'superior' movie, but it is fun and keeps you in suspense. As for Paris Hilton's performance (everybody seems to have a said about it), I am not fond of her, but I think she did all right. The movies is not about her, so go and watch the movies seeing her just a one more actress and not as a 'socialite' performing in a movie, because if you do, then your own bias would give you a hard time and you would be unfair to her or/and to the other actors involved. In general, the performances were decent, no more, not less.Paris' role was little, not particularly important but since there were only two girls of the movie, her role was complementary to Alysha's. Period. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    It was a pretty solid movie suprisingly. Not much in terms of suspense though but it was interesting enough to keep you watching. I enjoyed it and saw no real problem with it.
  8. Mar 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only take-away is seeing Paris Hilton getting a spear impaled through her head.

The movie on its own is incredibly dull, and the characters are extremely unlikeable, case in point with Paris Hilton, who at-least gets killed off in a hilarious way. The horror is really dull too. You'd think a film relying on a town full of "wax figures" would be able to employ some great horror feeling, but all it pulls off is lackluster fluff.
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    House of Wax is a great horror ..

I honestly think this amazing film, a screenplay correct, that holds you from beginning to end, with frightening scenes, not denying that the strengths of the film are: Art Direction Soundtrack and makeup, I think it really is a film that deserves to be seen and revised and I'm very happy that Warner has made ​​the continuation of this movie, because
    it would not work. Expand

The problem is that the writing is too weak for me to come close to recommending it.
    Related to the 1953 Vincent Price film in name, embalming technique and Warner Bros. pedigree only, the new House of Wax is a dreary, predictable tale.
  3. Overlong, unscary, poorly paced and banally written.