6.4

1. Oct 9, 2011
    Not really much to present, but nevertheless its still a entertaining Christmas film.
  2. May 2, 2012
    Watched this film at least 6 times now every time I get a little more entertainment, its very quotable and works for all ages Carreys performance is outstanding, its hilarious.
  3. Feb 19, 2011
    I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan, as a matter of a fact I really can't stand 98% of his movies, but this is a good one, granted it's not as good as the original animated movie, but it's still enjoyable, my only complaints are that it doesn't follow the original story that well, but this is a good movie from beginning to end.
  4. Oct 20, 2010
    this movie relies on Jim Carrey's performance as the title character and its storytelling at the same time when it sticks to the source material. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is an entertaining holiday movie from ten years.
  5. May 28, 2012
    They could not have picked anybody better than Jim Carrey to be the Grinch (unless it was Johnny Depp). Anyways, this was very fun entertainment for the holidays.
  6. Apr 4, 2012
    How the Grinch Christmas is a extremely funny movie with a wonderful holiday feel to it. Jim Carrey brought the Grinch to life real good and truly gave a memorbale performance.
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    It if full of such enchantment and holiday spirit. A wonderfully executed tale that has heart and a lot of laughs. It is a great Christmas movie to see year and year out.
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is a noisy and strange-looking film that ultimately does not entertain. To be honest, I got really annoyed and irritated after watching 30 minutes of this. The story was so completely random and strange. My recommendation would be to check something else out for Christmas.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    Its a very memorable film that will definetly be watched over and over even by people who hate it, The Grinch suceeds in many ways, not to mention Carrey's stunning performance as this creeper in make-up.
  10. Dec 24, 2012
    A butchering of Seuss' story. The Whos are turned into people that care about nothing except presents and who has the best house, Whoville is bleak, the adults are all idiots who can be out debated by a child, the Grinch is more violent and destructive, there's needless padding and romance, there's toilet humour, and the entire message is lost.

Sadly it seems that Hollywood can't turn a
    short story into a movie without completely wrecking it. Sadder still is that there are people who believe that longer, stupider, better graphics, or has a celebrity automatically mean better. Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    Ron Howard may have struck gold with us, but some of his other films don't live up to that expectation. This movie is quirky, weird, and unsettling. While it works in some places, most of it is not up to par. But, Jim Carrey plays the Grinch damn well.
  12. Nov 12, 2013
    A wonderful holiday tale that will mesmerize all ages.
    With impeccable acting from Jim Carey and with the artful direction of Ron Howard, How The Grinch Stole Christmas is victorious.
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    Horrible, stupid and practically unwatchable, this is a true Dr. Seuss massacre. I don't know why these directors even bothered with this. And the funny thing is, they're trying to make it look like it's better than the original! I can't tell you much that pisses me of. This garbage is something that should never witnessed by human eyes again.

I am not a mind-reader and cannot be sure, but I think a lot of children are going to look at this movie with perplexity and distaste. It's just not much fun.
  2. This new feature has replaced the original's benevolence, taste and wit with cynicism, armpit humor and manic, desperately unfunny padding.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Profoundly unnecessary -- cluttered, padded even at 90 minutes, indifferently narrated by Anthony Hopkins, and consistently misdirected by Ron Howard.