6.4

1. Dec 24, 2012
    A butchering of Seuss' story. The Whos are turned into people that care about nothing except presents and who has the best house, Whoville is bleak, the adults are all idiots who can be out debated by a child, the Grinch is more violent and destructive, there's needless padding and romance, there's toilet humour, and the entire message is lost.

Sadly it seems that Hollywood can't turn a
    short story into a movie without completely wrecking it. Sadder still is that there are people who believe that longer, stupider, better graphics, or has a celebrity automatically mean better. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    Horrible, stupid and practically unwatchable, this is a true Dr. Seuss massacre. I don't know why these directors even bothered with this. And the funny thing is, they're trying to make it look like it's better than the original! I can't tell you much that pisses me of. This garbage is something that should never witnessed by human eyes again.

I am not a mind-reader and cannot be sure, but I think a lot of children are going to look at this movie with perplexity and distaste. It's just not much fun.
  2. This new feature has replaced the original's benevolence, taste and wit with cynicism, armpit humor and manic, desperately unfunny padding.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Profoundly unnecessary -- cluttered, padded even at 90 minutes, indifferently narrated by Anthony Hopkins, and consistently misdirected by Ron Howard.