6.4

1. MichaelC.
    Feb 3, 2001
    Disappointing, cheesy, corny and useless. One of the worst films of 2000.
  2. RosieK.
    Jun 29, 2002
    Disgusting, pretentious, film.
  3. B.J.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Shockingly bad movie, despite a valiant attempt to save it by Carrey.
  4. JillS.
    May 15, 2005
    An abomination. The opposite of the Seuss message plus they gave the grinch a love interest. ugh.
  5. MichelleP.
    Nov 3, 2002
    I loved the book as a little girl (and still do) but this movie left me feeling cheated. And to think, Ron Howard who's the master of movies made this piece of trash. The humor was disgusting, the Whos were unlikable, and the Grinch himself was darker, meaner, and definetly much more evil than in the book, even when he turned "good" (?) he still didn't seem to have a heart. When I loved the book as a little girl (and still do) but this movie left me feeling cheated. And to think, Ron Howard who's the master of movies made this piece of trash. The humor was disgusting, the Whos were unlikable, and the Grinch himself was darker, meaner, and definetly much more evil than in the book, even when he turned "good" (?) he still didn't seem to have a heart. When he was a little kid, he didn't have a heart either! This is the worst movie of all-time. Expand
  6. KatieP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Ugh. I hated this movie.
  7. MeM.
    Nov 22, 2001
    YUCK!
  8. SqueegieB.
    Jan 4, 2006
    This movie was a massecre of the origional cartoon. never in my wildest dreames have i thought that i would see a good movie be slapdashed in such a way!!!!
  9. JeffF.
    Jan 19, 2006
    Very depressing. With one of the worst soundtracks of all time.
  10. Dec 24, 2012
    A butchering of Seuss' story. The Whos are turned into people that care about nothing except presents and who has the best house, Whoville is bleak, the adults are all idiots who can be out debated by a child, the Grinch is more violent and destructive, there's needless padding and romance, there's toilet humour, and the entire message is lost.

Sadly it seems that Hollywood can't turn a

Sadly it seems that Hollywood can't turn a short story into a movie without completely wrecking it. Sadder still is that there are people who believe that longer, stupider, better graphics, or has a celebrity automatically mean better.
  11. Dec 29, 2013
    Horrible, stupid and practically unwatchable, this is a true Dr. Seuss massacre. I don't know why these directors even bothered with this. And the funny thing is, they're trying to make it look like it's better than the original! I can't tell you much that pisses me of. This garbage is something that should never witnessed by human eyes again.

I am not a mind-reader and cannot be sure, but I think a lot of children are going to look at this movie with perplexity and distaste. It's just not much fun.
  2. This new feature has replaced the original's benevolence, taste and wit with cynicism, armpit humor and manic, desperately unfunny padding.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Profoundly unnecessary -- cluttered, padded even at 90 minutes, indifferently narrated by Anthony Hopkins, and consistently misdirected by Ron Howard.