Dec 11, 2005
    Okay in itself, but the Grinch seems pedophilic... the Whos are obsessed, and the mayor is just wierd... It strays off the whole POINT of the book, and Cindy Lou is an annoying little stalker.
  2. ColeL.
    Nov 21, 2001
    This Movie hides its mean spirit with its gigantic budget. But in the end, Jim Carey is the man for this role.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is a noisy and strange-looking film that ultimately does not entertain. To be honest, I got really annoyed and irritated after watching 30 minutes of this. The story was so completely random and strange. My recommendation would be to check something else out for Christmas.
  4. Dec 27, 2014
    Without Jim Carey, this would've been a decent Christmas movie... The story is nothing special but i bet you'll have fun! Not gonna' spoil anything. Recommended
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    Ron Howard may have struck gold with us, but some of his other films don't live up to that expectation. This movie is quirky, weird, and unsettling. While it works in some places, most of it is not up to par. But, Jim Carrey plays the Grinch damn well.
  6. Nov 12, 2013
    A wonderful holiday tale that will mesmerize all ages.
    With impeccable acting from Jim Carey and with the artful direction of Ron Howard, How The Grinch Stole Christmas is victorious.
  7. Jul 25, 2015
    My enjoyment of this movie depends what mood I'm in at the time. If I'm in a good mood, then I'll enjoy the movie. Otherwise, I'll be instantly bored, balancing it out to a 5/10.

I am not a mind-reader and cannot be sure, but I think a lot of children are going to look at this movie with perplexity and distaste. It's just not much fun.
  2. This new feature has replaced the original's benevolence, taste and wit with cynicism, armpit humor and manic, desperately unfunny padding.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Profoundly unnecessary -- cluttered, padded even at 90 minutes, indifferently narrated by Anthony Hopkins, and consistently misdirected by Ron Howard.