6.7

1. LuigiA.
    Mar 10, 2003
    Kate Hudson is terrific. It is a very nice predictable feel-good movie that both sexes will enjoy. Well worth watching.
  2. IvelesO.
    Mar 6, 2003
    Toxic, boring, predictable, and its biggest crime was it wasted the incredible talent of Miss Bebe Neuwirth. If this film would have been a psychotic obsession thriller, then maybe I would have liked it a little bit.
  3. SarahR.
    Mar 5, 2003
    In this type of movie, i'm usually too caught up in the ridiculousness of the things going on within the movie that i can't enjoy it. However, this movie managed to avoid all those things for the most part and i loved it. It was much better than i expected. Hudson and McConaughey are both great in it. Its just a cute film altogether.
  4. HeatherW.
    Jun 3, 2003
    I loved this movie. I thought it was a very sweet, funny Romantic Comedy. I Thought Kate Hudson did a very good job. She's a great actress. I Thought Matthew McConaughey was fantastic. He's such an amazing actor. He's so talented. In so many ways. I know one thing's for sure. Matthew has such an amazing way. Of lighting up the screen. I know when I watch any of his I loved this movie. I thought it was a very sweet, funny Romantic Comedy. I Thought Kate Hudson did a very good job. She's a great actress. I Thought Matthew McConaughey was fantastic. He's such an amazing actor. He's so talented. In so many ways. I know one thing's for sure. Matthew has such an amazing way. Of lighting up the screen. I know when I watch any of his movies. It's so hard not being able to take my eyes off of him. Because he is so talented. He's so devoted to his acting. He's my # 1 actor. In addition, Hanz R. if You ever come back to this site. I just want you to know. Matthew may be a lot of things. He is not stupid. That is the one thing he's not is stupid. To me I think Matthew is just so sexy. To all the Matthew fans out there. You agree with me don't you. Any film with Matthew McConaughey I know is going to be good... Heather Expand
  5. AlB.
    Aug 4, 2003
    The critics can pan this movie all they like - the fact is, I don't like or dislike a movie based on some reviewer's opinion. They can call me stupid for liking this, what do I care? McConaughey is great, and Hudson is better! The movie is funny, touching and I thought the way they set up the whole premise of how these two come together was well done and not at all forced (and I The critics can pan this movie all they like - the fact is, I don't like or dislike a movie based on some reviewer's opinion. They can call me stupid for liking this, what do I care? McConaughey is great, and Hudson is better! The movie is funny, touching and I thought the way they set up the whole premise of how these two come together was well done and not at all forced (and I do admit, I rolled my eyes when I heard the plot line beforehand). A great "date" movie - and my wife agreed with me, we both loved this movie! A very pleasant surprise... And geez - are Kate Hudson's mannerisms a dead ringer for her mother, Goldie Hawn here, or what?! Expand
  6. StephanieP.
    Jul 30, 2004
    The whole movie was hilarious and it doesnt have to be realistic to be funny.
  7. CarrieT.
    Oct 10, 2003
    This is my favorite movie of all time! You can call me lame or stupid or whatever you want for liking this movie..but you cant judge a person because of their favorite movie! This movie is hilarious, cute, romantic and just wonderful...I have seen the movie over 40 times and i still laugh! i think its a must see!
  8. xoxo
    Mar 1, 2003
    This movie is awesome. i love it. u should go watched right now.
  9. RobertH.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I went to the theater knowing that this was a chick flick. Despite that both my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The theater was packed so there is very good word of mouth. The chemistry between the stars was excellent. Although predictable thoughout, you will definitely laugh and have a good time. It is worth the watch.
  10. HanzR.
    Apr 15, 2003
    A totally crazy film, with a silly woman and a stupid man. To watch this film is a waste of time and waste of money.... DONT WATCH THIS STUPID FILM.
  11. Axle
    Jul 3, 2003
    How to lose a guy in 10 days? Take him to see this movie on the 10th day.
  12. ChristineP.
    Jul 9, 2003
    This was the funniest movie i have seen in a long time, i couldn't stop laughing the entire time. I saw it 6 times in theater and when i bought the movie i watched it 15 times (over a span of 2 weeks). This has to be my favourite movie.
  13. TanyaS.
    Jul 9, 2003
    All i have to say is 4 words, " GO SEE IT NOW."
  14. StefanieD.
    Jul 30, 2004
    The whole movie was hilarious. I went to the movies 3 times to see it because I just couldnt get enough. It doesnt matter if the movie is predictable or doesnt teach you anything the thing that matters is that it kept you laughing the whole movie.
  15. GaborA.
    Dec 10, 2003
    In the first ten minutes this movie sets itself up for a potentially funny movie. The backdrop is interesting and the characters seem funny. After that nothing happens. Not a single gag was funny nor did i understand how they could be concived as funny. I guess the movie tries to balance itself on the same peg as many similar sitcoms: cute is funny. I fail to see the connection.
  16. Jovi
    Feb 19, 2003
    Definitely a chick flick, but not so bad that it can't be enjoyed with a partner or alone. Yes, it's predictable, but also funny, and cute. Hudson and McConaughey are great and help carry the film along. The movie is not as bad as one would think.
  17. BeauchyBear
    Feb 20, 2003
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!
  18. PrincessSophia
    Feb 20, 2003
    I thought that the movie was great. Yes, beautiful people in a romantic comedy sure has predictable endings but this wasn't about being different. It was about having a connection and chemistry which the characters surely have. They were believeable in every sense. It has a great story and I'd recommend it to anyone.
  19. C.D.
    Feb 8, 2003
    This was the second worst movie I've ever seen....Don't waste your money.
  20. MarcK.
    Mar 17, 2003
    Sure it's predictable, but is surprisingly likeable. And it seems that while most critics have panned it, it has great box office legs. Kate Hudson is the true star of the movie, and is completely adorable.
  21. BlancoA.
    Mar 27, 2003
    I have to say that I agree with the Dallas Observer wholeheartedly. I was definitely irritated by this movie! I would even go so ar as to say that such flimsy romantic comdies as "Maid in Manhattan" and "Wedding Planner", with the talentless J.Lo, bury this waste of film. I mean "4 Weddings & a Funeral," "Bridget Jones," "About a Boy" -- those are solid romantic comedies. How the HELL I have to say that I agree with the Dallas Observer wholeheartedly. I was definitely irritated by this movie! I would even go so ar as to say that such flimsy romantic comdies as "Maid in Manhattan" and "Wedding Planner", with the talentless J.Lo, bury this waste of film. I mean "4 Weddings & a Funeral," "Bridget Jones," "About a Boy" -- those are solid romantic comedies. How the HELL does this film get a 42??? I wasn't expecting "Casablanca" here, but come on now! Get off the pipe, Metacritic! Expand
  22. TheGilbertMulroneycakesSeason
    Jul 12, 2003
    Better than it could have been, considering how tired and unrealistic the scenario is. Fact is, tired and unrealistic it might be, but it's a veritable playground for a screenwriter in a hurry. And most of the time, the script bears fruit. Not really worth the £534.32 or so for cinema tickets though; one to rent. But not from Blockbuster.
  23. ShaneW.
    Jul 13, 2003
    I cannot remember being brought up to respect and enjoy movies with predictability. I also dislike complete ignorance, which is why I hated this movie.
  24. SomeGuy
    Jul 21, 2003
    Hilarious. Great movie.
  25. PatC.
    Jan 8, 2004
    I don't know, I wouldn't pay money to see it, but if you're caught up on your cable bill, why not. It's full of cliches. Not movie cliches but relationship cliches, which it makes fun of. Too bad it can't go on forever, but the principals start to like each other. Yea, that could happen.
  26. TonyaF.
    Feb 21, 2003
    It was amazing! It had humor, beauty, a cliffhanger and just all around great acting. They couldn't have given this part to someone else and have it turn out the same way!
  27. VincenzoC.
    Jun 16, 2003
    See it with a date.
  28. AndrewE.
    Jul 12, 2003
    They should have named it, "How To Lose a Viewer In Ten Minutes", because that's about how long it took me to decide to stop watching it. Another throw-away film.
  29. AmberD.
    Jul 27, 2003
    I thought it was a great, funny movie. It my be unrealistic but thats why they call it a movie... DUH.
  30. YoriD.
    Aug 12, 2003
    Saccharrine sometimes is good for you.yes all predictable but sometimes that's not a bad thing.adorable kate rules the movie.i saw it twice and enjoyed it both times.it's a great "date" movie with a great BIG ol' heart.shut up,eat your popcorn and smile.
  31. CJ
    Nov 24, 2003
    For the professional critics who claim that the movie wasn't intellectually stimulating, perhaps it wasn't necessarily meant to be. Instead "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" was a delightfully charming flick that will be enjoyed time and time again. Hudson and McConaughey have such a presence on the screen that this avid movie goer would love to see them co-star another film. For the professional critics who claim that the movie wasn't intellectually stimulating, perhaps it wasn't necessarily meant to be. Instead "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" was a delightfully charming flick that will be enjoyed time and time again. Hudson and McConaughey have such a presence on the screen that this avid movie goer would love to see them co-star another film. Intellectually stimulating films have their place as I fully enjoy them, however on occasion we all need a sweet feel good movie like this one. Go, go see this movie! Expand
  32. Aug 28, 2014
    The definitive Matthew McConaughey romantic-comedy. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days knows exactly what it is and manages to excite regardless. Kate Hudson isn't half bad either.
  33. Jun 26, 2015
    It has to be one of the most predictable movies I have ever seen( like every other romantic comedy).Matthew McConaughey was actually pretty good and the movie was still entertaining even if we saw coming the ending.

1. With its ungainly double-deception premise, How to Lose a Guy feels like it was made out of two connect-the-dots drawings laid haphazardly on top of one another.
  2. Wall Street Journal
    Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    The movie isn't all bad, and it's sure to succeed with its target audience.
  3. It does have its tart, fizzy moments.