6.6

1. JenniferS.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Terrible! I only voted this movie a 3 because Megan Fox and Kirsten Dunts aren't too bad to look at...otherwise the movie was awful!!!!!!
  2. Jan 17, 2012
    Kills the thought process I had that Jeff Bridges can't be in a bad film. Hyper real, but in a bad bad way. It's not funny at all. I understand what its trying to do, but it just does it so awfully.
  3. AlexJ.
    Oct 10, 2008
    The amusement factor of the film seemed to be in inverse proportion to the success of Pegg's character. Are we supposed to actually be rooting for this moron? The love story with Dunst was horribly contrived as well.
  4. PeterA
    Nov 7, 2008
    The first movie I've actually walked out of (about 20 minutes from the end) in about 15 years. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself "don't I have anything better to do than watch a movie?" What's so wrong with it? I think Wilonsky from the Village Voice captures this movies problems well. Don't waste your time or money on this garbage.
  5. Apr 23, 2013
    A disappointing movie. I never really found a reason to care about what was going on in this movie, and I'm not sure if it's just the writing or a poor performance from Simon Pegg but the main character just disgusted me. I didn't care about any of the characters and laughs were sparse. How to Lose Friends & Alienate People manages to be poor enough to alienate and lose its audience.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Not as smart or as satirical as you might hope, but an enjoyable and often funny look at a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Weide's big-screen version is sitcom-drab.
  3. Best in show is the divine Gillian Anderson as a powerful celebrity publicist, editing the image of her clients in much the same way this adaptation tames Young's much pricklier book.