5.4

1. Apr 3, 2011
    I just dont understand critics. They must have had a bad childhood or something. Hudson Hawk is comedy movie, where you get to laugh ALOT. I can warmly recommend this to anyone.
  2. DanV.
    Oct 6, 2002
    This is a very good movie, i dont understand why some people dont like it, its funny and the singing is funny too.
  3. RodL.
    Apr 7, 2003
    You know what? All you critics who didn't like this movie, bite me. I have rarely laughed more than the night I saw this movie for the first time (in the theatre I might add, with an audience that agreed). I remember the day it opened, a local critic said that it wasn't screened for critics, ergo it must be bad. Then five days later proceeded to savage it in print, claiming to You know what? All you critics who didn't like this movie, bite me. I have rarely laughed more than the night I saw this movie for the first time (in the theatre I might add, with an audience that agreed). I remember the day it opened, a local critic said that it wasn't screened for critics, ergo it must be bad. Then five days later proceeded to savage it in print, claiming to be the last person left in the theatre when it was over. Well, duh, critics always stay til the end... Collapse
  4. MikeW.
    Oct 3, 2004
    This has got to be the single stupidest movie of all time. I am convinced if you lock 1,000 retarded monkeys in a room with 1,000 type writers in less than ten seconds they would have produced a better movie than Hudson Hawk.
  5. TheGilbertMulroneycakesPamphlet
    Nov 27, 2002
    One of those movies that doesn't deserve its bad rep. Don't get me wrong - it's Not Very Good. But it's no Howard The Duck (that's industry-speak that is, ha hah!) either. Catch it if there's nothing on. And it's raining.
  6. CrowRobot
    Oct 7, 2005
    I can't blame people for not liking this movie. It's comedy certainly isn't mainstream, and it does feel awkward in the hands of such familiar faces. This film might actually have benefitted from having no-name actors, because the audience might have gone in with no expectations and been able to take the film for what it is instead of what it's supposed to be. The I can't blame people for not liking this movie. It's comedy certainly isn't mainstream, and it does feel awkward in the hands of such familiar faces. This film might actually have benefitted from having no-name actors, because the audience might have gone in with no expectations and been able to take the film for what it is instead of what it's supposed to be. The thing this movie does have going for it is that it's pretty consistent. The type of humor they use is used throughout. So if you if part of it makes you laugh, the whole thing makes you laugh. If it doesn't make you laugh, you're out of luck. And I can certainly see why a lot of people don't find it funny. But I do. Expand
  7. JasonE.
    Sep 12, 2005
    Really funny movie. Sit back and enjoy it and don't take it or yourself to seriously.
  8. JakeM.
    Jul 1, 2006
    To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin "Hudson Hawk is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". A singular achievement in the annals of Hollywood hubris. Hudson Hawk is inimitable, brilliant, and nothing short of genius. Enjoy...
  9. MikeH.
    Aug 13, 2002
    Innocent fun. One of my favorite moves as a youngn'. Boo, Critics, Booo.
  10. HarryC
    Dec 3, 2004
    I really enjoyed this movie. It sort or appealed to the immature side of me i guess. it seems as though the only major problem with it was that everyone expected too much of it when it came out and they weren't able to watchit with an open mind. I guess i liked it becaue i didn't even find out about it until several years after it came out when i knew nothing about it.
  11. AndrewM
    Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry folks I think this film does deserve it's bad rep. I do actually think it was a good idea - the premise is appealing and creative - but gee-whiz the execution was poor. For me, everything just landed too heavily, and mostly upside-down at that! The script was a substandard one (even with the four-way input) and the directing was consistently off-target. Credit to the actors for Sorry folks I think this film does deserve it's bad rep. I do actually think it was a good idea - the premise is appealing and creative - but gee-whiz the execution was poor. For me, everything just landed too heavily, and mostly upside-down at that! The script was a substandard one (even with the four-way input) and the directing was consistently off-target. Credit to the actors for trying, but the powers-that-be behind this bomb deserved all the criticism they got. What should have been a screwy, charismatic film was turned into a senseless, discordant mess. Expand
  12. DonS.
    Dec 19, 2002
    This movie is so daft it's good fun and in no way a bad movie. It didn't deserve the mauling it got. The maulings were out of hatred for the egos that made it. There is nothing wrong here it's a friday night movie few peple got and fewer saw sadly.
  13. Jun 7, 2011
    This is the best movie ever! Totally misunderstood in its time but now can be appreciated for the genius it is. Half action movie half comedy half spoof and 100% over the top it really was a forerunner of today's 'self knowing' action comedy movie. It never takes itself seriously for a second, the effects are surprisingly good for its time so it has aged well from that point of view andThis is the best movie ever! Totally misunderstood in its time but now can be appreciated for the genius it is. Half action movie half comedy half spoof and 100% over the top it really was a forerunner of today's 'self knowing' action comedy movie. It never takes itself seriously for a second, the effects are surprisingly good for its time so it has aged well from that point of view and Bruce Willis has almost never been better (Die Hard is the best action movie of all time so naturally that is the one performance of his that stands out above this one) AND if all that wasn't enough there is always the infamous dolphin impression. I promise you now dig this one out of the bargain bin in the DVD store and you won't be disappointed! And just remember ITS A COMEDY PEOPLE stop taking it so seriously it isn't supposed to make sense. Think of it like Beckett does Last Action Hero with a touch of The Da Vinci Code thrown in. If I ever win the lottery I am going to personally finance a sequel! Expand
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    12 years Later and this movie is still under appreciated. I guess people don't know how to not take a movie too seriously. If you have never seen it or hated it the first time do yourself a favor and watch it. It's Bruce Willis how can you not enjoy it.
  15. Dec 28, 2014
    Extremamente Louco,porém muito divertido...Tendo cenas bem divertidas cheias de ação. Com uma super atuação de Bruce Willis,Um Bom Filme de comédia. Tem hora que chega a ficar chato com um humor tipo I Carly porém o filme vale a pena assistir
  16. Jan 25, 2015
    One of the most underrated movies of all times.
    Hudson Hawk is not a work of art indeed, but it's a great action-comedy B movie that will keep you entertained with its cheap puns and cheap stunts. This is what the '80s were about!

Overwhelming dislike - based on 15 Critics

1. This may be the only would-be blockbuster that's a sprawling, dissociated mess on purpose. It's a perverse landmark: the first postmodern Hollywood disaster.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Brown
    Merely airheaded where it should be lighthearted, Hudson Hawk offers a klutzy, charmless hero, and wallows dully in limp slapstick and lowest common denominator crudeness.
  3. Reviewed by: Clifford Terry
    Boring and banal, overwrought and undercooked, Hudson Hawk is beyond bad. [24 May 1991]