Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 14, 2007
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 666 Ratings
Watch Now
EpicLadySpongeFeb 2, 2016
Will Smith builds up another round applause for the legendary best 2007 endings called "I Am Legend." There's two different endings though. Choose your ending.
SpangleSep 7, 2016
Carried on the broad shoulders of Will Smith, I Am Legend is a terrifically entertaining piece of science fiction horror with a surprising Christian-infused twist The film has a lot going for it, but above all, provides a great look at theCarried on the broad shoulders of Will Smith, I Am Legend is a terrifically entertaining piece of science fiction horror with a surprising Christian-infused twist The film has a lot going for it, but above all, provides a great look at the decimation of society and the newly emerging attempts to restore society to its previous levels. Other zombie films have focused on the former element with and the real underbelly of society, I Am Legend introduces enough to the latter element in order for it to be a worthy addition to the genre.

Many have unfavorably compared this film to 28 Days Later, due to the evil and anguish portrayed in that film, but that is unfair. Though they are of the same genre, I Am Legend attempts to do more. Instead, of instilling more desolation, it attempts to develop hope, which is admirable. From what I understand, this is unfaithful to the novel, but having never read the novel, I do not really care. Plus, I love The Shining, which is nothing like the novel. Thus, faithfulness to the novel is irrelevant to me when discussing a film. As it stands, the film's exploration of hope and faith in a better tomorrow, as well being the "light in the darkness" is more in line with what I would anticipate in the aftermath of such a disaster. While may will resort to evil as in 28 Days Later, many would try to keep up hope and belief that some force - God or other - will lead them out of this trauma. Ultimately, it comes down to how one grieves and handles strife. Essentially, I Am Legend showcases a different form of handling conflict and executes it very well, particularly evident in the final quote and the actions of Robert Neville (Smith).

The film really shines, however, in the characterization of Neville as the last man on Earth. The loneliness, destitution, and companionship with his beloved dog, Sam, are all traumatic and difficult to watch. The way in which he tries to talk to a female mannequin and talks casually to other mannequins is heart watching and, in my mind, perfectly captures this isolation one would feel if trapped in such a scenario.

In terms of thrills, I Am Legend more than delivers with its fair share of heart attack inducing sequences. That said, a lot of these thrills seem to capitalize on poor decision making from Neville and his dog, which is more tedious to watch than thrilling at times. Though these scenes entertain, they do often fly in the face of the development of Neville as a smart, calculated, and thorough planner of his daily actions.

Adding to the negative, the film's special effects do leave a lot to be desired. Though I thought the depiction of the disease and general concept of the "darkseekers" was well developed, the look and realization of these concepts fell short of expectations. Given that films that came out before and in 2007 had far better effects than this one, it is inexcusable for a film with such a high budget. This, to me, is the main shortcoming of the film, but together with stupid character actions that are against their personality, they add up to really hold back the film from being even better.

I Am Legend is an inspirational look at hope in the face of tremendous odds. Many criticized the addition of the religion, but it is a very apt addition given the situation. Religion exists to give people hope of a better tomorrow. In times of turmoil and anguish, many turn to religion as that "light in the darkness". Thus, it makes a lot of sense for it to be added into a film of this type. Even if it not in the original novel, it is a logical thematic addition. In terms of the film, I Am Legend delivers thrills, hope, and light, but can at times be a bit tedious and suffers from bad effects. All in all, this one is more than worth a watch if you, like me, are one of the few who has not seen film from Will Smith's prime.
TheQuietGamerFeb 14, 2011
I Am Legend is what you get when you take the Zombie apocalypse but replace the Zombies with vampires, Will Smith makes a great performance in this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but it turned out to be a emotionallyI Am Legend is what you get when you take the Zombie apocalypse but replace the Zombies with vampires, Will Smith makes a great performance in this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but it turned out to be a emotionally moving, pulse quickening experience, and one of the best movie i've ever seen. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
"I Am Legend" not only features an extraordinarily impressive performance from Will Smith, but it succeeds in delivering a truly straightforward, yet undeinably forlorn and affecting story.
Tss5078Feb 23, 2013
Finally, an end of the world thriller that is worth seeing! This remake of 1971's Omega Man is a perfect example of how end of the world movies should occur. The flashbacks to the time before the catastrophe tell the story of what actuallyFinally, an end of the world thriller that is worth seeing! This remake of 1971's Omega Man is a perfect example of how end of the world movies should occur. The flashbacks to the time before the catastrophe tell the story of what actually happen. Will Smith is really great as Dr. Robert Neville. Instead of going on some insane journey to find an unaffected area, he stays right in the heart of the crisis and tries to fix it. He is a great example of a true hero and Will Smith portrays it perfectly. Smith's personality in a dark and somber movie is a bright spot and his interplay with the innocuous things he encounters is fantastic. Will Smith make the film, aided by a great story and some really cool special effects. This is a good one! Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 10, 2011
"I Am Legend", a horror movie starring Will Smith, could have become a better movie with the idea it pertains. However, all I saw was a monotonous movie where Will Smith was running away from infected zombie-like creatures with a unexplained"I Am Legend", a horror movie starring Will Smith, could have become a better movie with the idea it pertains. However, all I saw was a monotonous movie where Will Smith was running away from infected zombie-like creatures with a unexplained horrific ending. Expand
Meth-dudeApr 25, 2015
Will Smith is pretty good in this role and the story is interesting.The visuals are beautiful but the fact that the creatures are made only by CGI is bad.The end is cheesy but,the movie is entertaining all the way till the end.
CineAutoctonoDec 6, 2015
A well shocking film , which is a lonely man , so it is the only man on earth , but not alone , with nothing but the zombie , just to know that humanity was extinguished by an incurable epidemic but Will Smith is the cure for this horrible epidemic.
ZilcellJun 3, 2013
Although the action and storyline could have been more adventurous, Will Smith's powerful performance and a heck of a lot of intense moments make this one of the most unique films of Smith's career.
choomtabi31Feb 3, 2016
Will Smith is seriously an amazing actor. His acting touches me. This film is epic.

Watch it here for free: http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1023-I-Am-Legend-online-free
StevenFMay 16, 2013
I Am Legend plays with the idea of what a post-apocalyptic world consists of..next to nobody..wastelands and silence, all in the search of something we desperately seek.
Will Smith stars in this one-man-band type film, he believes he is not
Will Smith stars in this one-man-band type film, he believes he is not only the last surviving human being in New York, but also throughout the world. He prowls the streets by day in a quiet and derelict Manhattan, but at night he must secure himself in his home in darkness, because although he is the last man on earth...he is certainly not alone.
Unfortunately the thing that everyone seeks is the thing that has infected just about everyone on the planet, a cure for cancer certainly had its side effects in this film.
We find out right at the beginning of the film from Dr. Alice Krppin (Emma Thompson) that there has been a breakthrough in scientific research and that they have found a cure to cancer..but within seconds after a black screen that this isn't the case at all.
Will Smith plays Robert Neville, a man who was unaffected by the airborne outbreak due to his immune system, he attempts to find a cure to the outbreak by using his own blood. He now leads a very routine life in New York, going out with his only company, a dog called Sam, and scouring the place for supplies and zones he has not yet cleared, but within the darkness lies those who didn't die from the virus, are now zombie-like beings who are in search of one thing, humans.
These creatures run riot at night, something Neville must wade out each and every night, he must take certain measures so as they never know where he is, his house will be in darkness when his last watch alarm sounds, he must mask his scent using chemicals so as they cannot trace him and in all he has a very lonely life. We watch as he goes to a video store and has a conversation with a mannequin, showing his isolation and lack of human contact, he reaches out everyday for survivors via radio, but to no avail.
The sombre tone that surrounds the film captures how isolated one man is in the big bad world, Will Smith expertly portrays a damaged and lonely individual, he knows the Shrek film off by heart, he plays golf atop a pile-up of cars and completely disregards the idea that there is a survivalist colony when he is told so by a fellow survivor, he is truly alone.
It's a powerful and edgy film, with quite a risky story involving a small cast, which is unfortunately brought down by a disappointing ending that was rushed and premature, it just didn't seem justified.
But besides that, another excellent blockbuster from Will Smith, intriguing and engaging with quite a message surrounding loneliness and the vulnerability of such a thing...something we may indeed need to one day hit head on.
homer4presidentMar 11, 2015
The greatest thing about this movie is it's imagery. It is a little eerie to see New York City so isolated and alone, and Will Smith does a superb job acting. Although it wasn't scary, it was still a good movie.
Rox22Oct 16, 2013
I never read the book, so I can not make any gripes about the differences as so many others have. On it's own, I really enjoyed I am Legend. Will Smith putting on a great performance, and a utterly heartbreaking scene that almost made me cryI never read the book, so I can not make any gripes about the differences as so many others have. On it's own, I really enjoyed I am Legend. Will Smith putting on a great performance, and a utterly heartbreaking scene that almost made me cry (I think you know which scene I mean *woof* *woof*)

If anything the real downside to this movie comes from the "monsters." You can see there is more there but they aren't given the credit they should. A few of the earlier scenes you can sense their turmoil and even catch a brief glimpse of intelligence. But as the movie progress they are made to look more and more feral simply to add to the scares. which it doesn't as they feel more like a nuisance than an actual obstacle.

Overall:
Aside from it's flaws, I Am Legend is still a great and highly enjoyable movie that plays with some rather deep ideas. Just a real shame they had to dumb them down more and more as the movie progressed.
Movie1997Apr 14, 2013
This is a riviting sci-fi apocalyptic that really gets your heart rate beating. There's just something about Will Smith's performance that really puts you on the edge of your seat. Even though he's "technicaly" the only one in this new world,This is a riviting sci-fi apocalyptic that really gets your heart rate beating. There's just something about Will Smith's performance that really puts you on the edge of your seat. Even though he's "technicaly" the only one in this new world, he keeps you entertained with the fear of the so-called zombies. It has its dramatic scenes also which were just outstanding. By the way, Sam's death was to tragic. I mean seriously, who didn't cry when Robert had to put down his dog? I never thought a movie like this could not only amaze me with its suspense, but also tug on my heart strings at the same time. The only real problem is that this movie is kinda short. I really wish this movie was much longer. But other than that, it's an amazing apocolyptic thriller done better than any other apocolyptic movie. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
I Am Legend lives up to its name.
A very well crafted entertaining survival movie about one man looking for the cure to bring back humanity. Well paced, well written, and well acted.
RikiegeJan 23, 2013
Very good movie with a great performance by Will Smith.
bfoore90Dec 14, 2016
If there was ever a reason for Will Smith to deserve an Oscar for his acting then "I AM Legend" is one of them. The film is, in my opinion a true tour-de-force for Smith who carries the movie in one of the best performances I've ever seenIf there was ever a reason for Will Smith to deserve an Oscar for his acting then "I AM Legend" is one of them. The film is, in my opinion a true tour-de-force for Smith who carries the movie in one of the best performances I've ever seen from him. The film is an interesting adaption to the book and does a good job keeping the audience interested and involved. My only gripe is that the later part of the movie could have been done better. Expand
KivaJun 12, 2013
The best chatastophic film i've ever seen. It has good plot and actors. I didn't like the ending. It was too bad after what had happened in the movie. Was sad too in some moments
spadenxDec 22, 2011
I thought it was good for the most part. The biggest flaw of the movie was that it too far too long to get into. It was solid overall though, The acting was ok and Will Smith's performance did help carry the film during it's boring parts.
BradySmithApr 1, 2016
Such a tense, emotionally affecting, well acted, and well directed movie, that somewhat cheesy visual effects don't do much to hurt the film. There are moments of terror, moments of heartbreak, and even moments of beauty rarely found in evenSuch a tense, emotionally affecting, well acted, and well directed movie, that somewhat cheesy visual effects don't do much to hurt the film. There are moments of terror, moments of heartbreak, and even moments of beauty rarely found in even the best of the zombie and mutant genres. Will Smith's performance is absolutely incredible and really should have attracted more awards attention than it did. I'd definitely say it's Oscar nomination worthy performance. The story throughout is very engaging and the brilliant musical score only heightens the emotion. Sure, the "dark seekers" could have looked more realistic to add to the horror, but this still remains one of the best of its kind. Expand
jimmytancrediMay 29, 2011
A nice movie. Will Smith can handle with the task of "bringing the movie back and forth." Charismatic and with easiness to take the audience to feel empathy for the actor, brings the movie a watchable story, a road median, a satisfactoryA nice movie. Will Smith can handle with the task of "bringing the movie back and forth." Charismatic and with easiness to take the audience to feel empathy for the actor, brings the movie a watchable story, a road median, a satisfactory performance of the 'ubiquitous' in the film. Something missing from the movie to surprise him (to my eyes). It has a good start giving introduction to the theme early on, bits of action with the suspense surrounding the film from beginning till the end, and this order and unsatisfactory, rushed ending, very busy, badly exploited. What a beautiful and excellent post-apocalyptic scenario, a relationship of 'the dog is man's best friend' beautiful to see, nice to be assisted. Few speeches in the film, which generates more attention to facial expressions that the actor brings in a rather peculiar scenes, showing how the man is afraid of being alone. The desperation of loneliness. When this happens, imagination and creativity arises resulting in comic scenes. It is noteworthy that the soundtrack was well introduced in the dialogues. But suddenly puff. The film slows down, something has changed in the course, and lost the harmony we had on the beginning. A suspenseful drama, tried to escape the cliché but was unsuccessful. Alice Braga could have been easily replaced by a dummy, no emotion added by the character in the film. Left to be desired, expected more. Less is more, a little "overrated." Expand
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Im sorry but i just dont understand how people think this is a good movie yes Will Smith did a good performance but the plot was so pointless and that fact that the humans ended up turning into vampires was even worse. I would have rather theIm sorry but i just dont understand how people think this is a good movie yes Will Smith did a good performance but the plot was so pointless and that fact that the humans ended up turning into vampires was even worse. I would have rather the movie just differ from the book this time and him be alone the whole dealing with that. I cant believe i actually went to the theaters to watch this movie i was beyond bored almost as much as i was when i watched I, Robot. The ending has to be one of the worst ever and even though the alternate ending is a bit better it doesnt effect my rating for this movie.

Overall i give it a 4.5
StaticSpineAug 31, 2013
The story reminded me a lot of 28 days later. But it was more grim to me. The atmosphere here is good, but not so dark and depressive. This movie is decent, Will Smith fully uses his talent, there are some touching moments.
smijatovJul 1, 2011
Not quite as intense as I thought it'd be. The storyline was pretty interesting, not quite as innovative, but not a snooze-fest either. Will Smith was actually really good, especially in a film that has only two other real characters, heNot quite as intense as I thought it'd be. The storyline was pretty interesting, not quite as innovative, but not a snooze-fest either. Will Smith was actually really good, especially in a film that has only two other real characters, he demonstrated quite a lot of acting ability. On the other hand, the other 'supporting cast' aka the zombies, were quite disappointing. The visual effects were rather bad, and they looked too fake - digitised, however you want to call it. Just not quite as good as it could have been. Plus, overall, the film does not offer us anything new that any other zombie film before. Not the best of zombie films, but at least it will keep you entertained and watching. More than that one cannot expect, unfortunately. Expand
python2000Aug 27, 2013
An alright movie with a good performance from Will Smith. The worst thing about it is the zombies, they obviously spent all the budget on advertising because the special effects are actually pretty bad.
Potter17Oct 9, 2011
Smith was very well on this role and a vision of apocalyptic and devastated world is always interesting for me but it can't help but I felt like "I Am Legend" lacked of something more substantial.
busbfranDec 31, 2013
Virtually any movie Will Smith is starring in, the movie and his own performances is of A standard and this is not excluding I Am Legend. Robert Neville the main protagonist played by Will, is a scientist globally recognised, but not even heVirtually any movie Will Smith is starring in, the movie and his own performances is of A standard and this is not excluding I Am Legend. Robert Neville the main protagonist played by Will, is a scientist globally recognised, but not even he could contain the petrifying virus at has appeared to be unstoppable. The mystery behind his immunity is unidentified but what is clear is he's "The last man on earth". After a Cancer cure gone wrong it has transformed those injected with the so called vaccine into infected man eaters who have hunted down almost every human remaining. By the time the sun rises its safe due to the infected unable to appear under the sun for unknown reasons but once the sun begins to falls the "zombies" of more intelligences seen before hunt for any life form to eat. In the end it is up to Robert Neville to find the cure in an attempt to save the remaining world. A true classic and must watch for all Zombie fans. Expand
kingshahidOct 1, 2011
This movie failed to keep my attention. Not only that the movie became very unrealistic. I watched this movie as it was rated as a vampire movie but it clearly was not.
DavidV293May 19, 2015
One of my favorite all time Will Smiths movies. I Am Legend just takes a lot of attention. Will get you hooked in in seconds. The sick are creepy and great. Will Smith just kills the role. Makes it look too realistic
JawsLaxerDramaDec 24, 2012
While the acting is great, there is nothing really going on in this movie. Diagnosis: See for your own eyes, but at the end, I felt confused. Not because it is a piece of crap, but because it was almost like there wasn't a need for this filmWhile the acting is great, there is nothing really going on in this movie. Diagnosis: See for your own eyes, but at the end, I felt confused. Not because it is a piece of crap, but because it was almost like there wasn't a need for this film to be made. This is not a film like "Wall-E" where you can sit there and it's great- this movie...just see it and you'll know what i mean.
Pros: Great direction, and perhaps interesting.
Cons: Boring at some points.
Guilty pleasure: It's not that bad.
MetalMan95Oct 9, 2010
Great Movie, this movie made me love German Shepards. And this movie made me adore Will Smith's work. Its a great time as you take a trip with the Last man on Earth
TheNewSpielbergApr 30, 2011
A decent rework of the novel. The atmosphere was very sad and the creatures were generally pretty creepy. However, the supposedly intentional fright moments are plagued with jump scares, a technique I feel is lazy and over used, especially inA decent rework of the novel. The atmosphere was very sad and the creatures were generally pretty creepy. However, the supposedly intentional fright moments are plagued with jump scares, a technique I feel is lazy and over used, especially in modern horror films. Smith is okay. He's not bad, but he's okay. All in all, an adequate flick. Expand
RickyReviewsFeb 22, 2016
The film is suspenseful, full of action, humor, and great characters, especially Samantha, the adorable German Shepherd. The desolate New York City looks amazing, from the weeds growing in Times Square to the remains of the Brooklyn Bridge.The film is suspenseful, full of action, humor, and great characters, especially Samantha, the adorable German Shepherd. The desolate New York City looks amazing, from the weeds growing in Times Square to the remains of the Brooklyn Bridge. Truly one of Will Smith's better films. 9/10 Expand
Captain_KirkAug 18, 2012
An underrated sci-fi flick that boasts a great performance by Will Smith, some good (if obvious) CGI work, and an interesting premise that plays out pretty well. I also recommend watching the version containing the alternate ending instead ofAn underrated sci-fi flick that boasts a great performance by Will Smith, some good (if obvious) CGI work, and an interesting premise that plays out pretty well. I also recommend watching the version containing the alternate ending instead of the theatrical version. Expand
joyalJul 9, 2014
AWESOME FILM,LOVED IT-Smith turns in a terrific performance, TOUCHING ACTING, STUNNING visuals
A GOOD ENTERTAINING FILM BY WILL SMITH!!!Just a great movie -it is my opinion - i really enjoyed it- and add to my favorite film gallery .
CinemaSinsMay 9, 2015
In the novel on which this moody blockbuster is based, Richard Matheson offered a neat sci-fi twist on the vampire mythos, imagining a world-destroying spore which would turn everyday folk into blood-lusting creatures of midnight. Yet,In the novel on which this moody blockbuster is based, Richard Matheson offered a neat sci-fi twist on the vampire mythos, imagining a world-destroying spore which would turn everyday folk into blood-lusting creatures of midnight. Yet, despite retaining the tweaked-vamp threat, Akiva Goldsman and Mark ‘Poseidon’ Protosevich’s script, as realised by MTV alumnus Francis Lawrence, better resembles a werewolf or Dr. Jekyll. By day, it’s a limber, thoughtful and supremely effective drama. By night, it’s a drooling, lurching, crushingly stupid and clumsily executed VFX disaster.

Sunrise. Smartly employing the sharp eye of Lord Of The Rings lenser Andrew Lesnie, Lawrence presents to us a New York free of all human presence. Shoulder-height grass wafts lazily in Times Square, disturbed only by the occasional herd of deer. Skyscrapers still shout of the glories of mankind’s achievements, but with no-one to hear them they serve only to cast long shadows.

In one sense it’s terrifying -the Mary Celeste as an entire conurbation. Yet it’s also oddly beautiful - a city where nature has regained her hold and the tiniest animal sounds are no longer smothered by the deafening cough of engines.

When we’re introduced to this landscape’s only human inhabitant - one Robert Neville (Will Smith), who is conveniently both highly militarily trained and a brilliant virologist - he’s seemingly enjoying his desolate environment, redlining a sports car through town, his faithful canine companion Sam (best animal performance of the decade, say us) gazing happily out of the passenger window. It’s a great opening sequence, especially when it transpires that Neville’s actually on the hunt, rifle in lap, seeking some venison to supplement his tinned provisions.

For a big studio genre film, I Am Legend goes a surprisingly long way to explore psychology, and Smith fearlessly dives headfirst into the mind of an individual who’s had no human contact for almost 40 months.

The little details ring true, such as when Neville chides his dog for not eating her vegetables - he’s anthropomorphised her so completely that he’s forgotten she’s a carnivore. Ignore the predictably dodgy science and plot-fissures, and you have a tentpole picture that doesn’t, for once, insult its audience’s intelligence. Until…

Sunset. Before we sink our teeth in, let’s make one thing clear: having cut his incisors on infernal comic-book adaptation Constantine, Lawrence knows how to crank tension and apply a shock. So, in its earlier moments, I Am Legend plays on our primal fear of the dark like a maestro. But when it comes to the blood-lapping “dark seekers”, Lawrence’s inadequacies come crashing through. A more experienced director would likely have taken a more clever, less profligate approach to this movie’s monsters. As would a filmmaker who was - like Danny Boyle, helming the superior 28 Days Later - forced to operate on a considerably more limited budget.

After all, what are the dark seekers? Skinny, pale, hairless people with a supernaturally advanced metabolism. So why on Earth did Lawrence choose to make them pure-CG conjurations? And what dismally dire CG it is, too. Lawrence’s ‘vampires’ are cartoonish phantoms, evaporators of fear who mercilessly inhale all the atmosphere so ingeniously woven during the daylight hours. Going full CG was the worst artistic decision Lawrence could have made - short of having the populace of New York suddenly jump out from behind the Empire State and shout “April foo-ool!” at Neville before cutting to the credits.

While the sun shines, it’s a four-star thriller with a superb turn from Smith. When the moon rises, it’s a two-star horror cartoon with some of the worst FX we’ve seen all year. So, really, it has to average out at…
SirEddieCookFeb 4, 2012
Will Smith is an especially popular actor who makes particularly bad movies. He is usually serviceable in his performance, but never any good. This film is a remake of the far more enigmatic and entertaining B-movie from the 1970s, Will SmithWill Smith is an especially popular actor who makes particularly bad movies. He is usually serviceable in his performance, but never any good. This film is a remake of the far more enigmatic and entertaining B-movie from the 1970s, Will Smith walks around abandoned Manhattan and tries to survive against heavily CGI vampires. There is no villain. There are no great action sequences. There aren't any great lines. It's actually boring. The only part of the movie that was somewhere good was the opening sequence where the US Military has to shoot down the Brooklyn Bridge to quarantine Manhattan because the plague is starting. But that part had nothing to do with the rest of the movie. Expand
GoldenEye16Aug 23, 2010
Very creepy and unsettling but really good. Will Smith's acting in this is phenomal and the environments are spectacular. The only thing is that the end isn't that great.
NF123Aug 25, 2010
Works extremely well, normally when the Zombies aren't on the screen. Mainly because they're not scary, at all in fact they're hilarious. A few problems I had include the Zombies can extend their Jaws 180 degrees, the love interest compulsoryWorks extremely well, normally when the Zombies aren't on the screen. Mainly because they're not scary, at all in fact they're hilarious. A few problems I had include the Zombies can extend their Jaws 180 degrees, the love interest compulsory in most of these films appears to have been replaced by a dog, the VERY convenient timing of someone else showing up after so many years alone and Nevilles grenades appear to be nuclear bombs judging by the damage they do. I would have vastly preferred the movie to have taken place during some of it's strongest scenes, when Neville is trying to get his wife and child out of the besieged city. I don't know there's potential for a good film in here but something went wrong on the drawing board and besides the book has already been done much better in the "Omega Man". I probably would go and see a prequel to the film but I wouldn't go see a sequel. Expand
MediaCriticOct 20, 2011
This movie really could have been an 8, but it lacked certain things. The story is good, and the destroyed abandoned New York City is amazing. It was created really well digitally. The story is quite creepy, as it shows just the "last man onThis movie really could have been an 8, but it lacked certain things. The story is good, and the destroyed abandoned New York City is amazing. It was created really well digitally. The story is quite creepy, as it shows just the "last man on Earth" and his dog. There isn't a lot of action in it, though the action scenes are good. The effects are great and Will Smith played his part really well. The zombies look great, especially close up. It's not so much a horror movie, though there are a few creepy scenes. This movie should appeal to any action movie fan and most horror fans. Expand
spollardMar 11, 2014
Manhattan when no one is living there anymore is awesome to see. Will Smith was decent in his role and the dog should have been nominated for best supporting actress/actor. The story was lacking in some aspects and the zombies were not allManhattan when no one is living there anymore is awesome to see. Will Smith was decent in his role and the dog should have been nominated for best supporting actress/actor. The story was lacking in some aspects and the zombies were not all that impressive. I give this a 69.3 out of 100. Expand
jstrickler872Jun 16, 2011
Has so much potential, but doesn't give out the best it could have. This movie could of easily been one of the best movies of all times, but falls into more of just being a good movie. I enjoyed this movie, a lot. It's a very sad entertainingHas so much potential, but doesn't give out the best it could have. This movie could of easily been one of the best movies of all times, but falls into more of just being a good movie. I enjoyed this movie, a lot. It's a very sad entertaining movie. I recommend getting the two disc package which comes with alternate ending and deleted scenes. But yes this movie is good. Nothing more. Expand
RedShadowHatDec 30, 2012
Will Smith did a great job in the movie. The dog was really a great part of the movie and I almost cried when he had to kill his own dog. The ending was amazing and sad at the same time. Its a great accomplishment when you can make a grownWill Smith did a great job in the movie. The dog was really a great part of the movie and I almost cried when he had to kill his own dog. The ending was amazing and sad at the same time. Its a great accomplishment when you can make a grown man nearly cry in a horror movie. Expand
SiAScORCHNov 5, 2014
The movie has a lot of action, and some very sad parts. Along the story line you can't help but get attached to certain characters as you see time goes on and what happens to some of the characters. It's definitely an interesting twist as theThe movie has a lot of action, and some very sad parts. Along the story line you can't help but get attached to certain characters as you see time goes on and what happens to some of the characters. It's definitely an interesting twist as the movie goes on to show that we're not the only ones that can adapt. The ending is what drew the 8 rating, and if it weren't for that I would of given it a 9. I was definitely not a fan of the original ending, though if you're able to watch alternate endings then the second one isn't bad. Expand
emlugo123Feb 27, 2015
I wish the ending was explained more but other than that this is an emotionally captivating movie! I really felt the connection between Robert Neville and Sam and was so sad to see that relationship go.
wrightm1Jun 26, 2013
I'm sorry but I like this film. The CGI may be hokey, but I think this film works for it's first two acts quite successfully building suspense throughout, and Will Smith is strong also. I liked it.
KaprawiecAug 8, 2016
I'll rate it for what it is - an excellent zombie movie. This one actually have quite logical explanation for the disease source, and has interesting ending. Will Smith act is very realistic, as usual he is the strongest part of the movie heI'll rate it for what it is - an excellent zombie movie. This one actually have quite logical explanation for the disease source, and has interesting ending. Will Smith act is very realistic, as usual he is the strongest part of the movie he plays in. The role was similar to Tom Hanks from Cast Away, but in my oppinion Will did it better. I liked how the city looked after 3 years without humans (well, scene with lions was poorly executed). Movie also builds up tension quite good, and overall its worth watching. For a zombie flick fans 10/10. Expand
BWETMatangiAug 26, 2013
I was not impressed with "I Am Legend". It is sad and a little boring. My family loves this movie, but Will Smith's role fell flat. Emotional people should not watch this.
YumnyMar 20, 2011
An awful film that seemed to confide in it's own pointlessness. Will Smith shows considerable acting talent, there is no mistaking that, it is the plot and setting that cause discomfort. The film, with all of it's suspense and horror, seemsAn awful film that seemed to confide in it's own pointlessness. Will Smith shows considerable acting talent, there is no mistaking that, it is the plot and setting that cause discomfort. The film, with all of it's suspense and horror, seems to work up to a specific climax, but this climax proves wholeheartedly unconvincing and unsatisfying. In other words: the movie is long-stretched, at some points boring, even, and bland. Expand
GabiiRRSJun 3, 2013
I got to admit that the first part of the movie is pretty good, I like Smith´s performance and the script is well adapted, especially considering that it’s just ONE character during half the movie. But after Anna (Alice Braga) appears it allI got to admit that the first part of the movie is pretty good, I like Smith´s performance and the script is well adapted, especially considering that it’s just ONE character during half the movie. But after Anna (Alice Braga) appears it all goes downhill from there, specifically the ending. It absolutely sucks, plus the ending (of the novel) is what makes the history so amazing. It ruins everything for me… I didn’t like the movie at all. Expand
zahabitahaAug 21, 2015
an epic movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mariotoadrabbitJul 6, 2014
I am legend which is the third of Richard mathson's i am legend novel of the same name, makes a effort of mystery thrilling, new cast will smith playing as dr. Robert Neville and exciting sound effects during the action sequences. In thisI am legend which is the third of Richard mathson's i am legend novel of the same name, makes a effort of mystery thrilling, new cast will smith playing as dr. Robert Neville and exciting sound effects during the action sequences. In this flim where it's left off about a last standing man named dr. Robert Neville tries to find a cure to kill the virus. during the search, he encountered vampire mutants that we're transformed by a virus. I would recommend that it's a instant classic of the I am legend novel. While watching it under 11 or 12 years old, the vampires maybe intense for some audiences. So that's my explanation of this movie. Expand
ParanoiaMar 27, 2012
in my opinion it was a really well made film, nice story and the camera work was also good. Its a shame that the story was a little way too strict, but I enjoyed it and i would recommend checking it : )
LisuebieMay 2, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Entertaining right down to the last third where it all falls apart and suddenly seems to have been hijacked by teabaggers or maybe even the Westboro Baptists. Wasn't there something about a covenant..? Expand
LeokaAug 20, 2016
Me gusta mucho mas la versión con el final alternativo donde se ve que el malo era el protagonista y se parece un poco mas a la novela original en la cual los zombies eran vampiros y ya sabían en donde vivía Neville. La primer parte de laMe gusta mucho mas la versión con el final alternativo donde se ve que el malo era el protagonista y se parece un poco mas a la novela original en la cual los zombies eran vampiros y ya sabían en donde vivía Neville. La primer parte de la película esta muy lograda planteando la soledad del personaje y su responsabilidad en la creación del virus, la segunda parte cuando aparece el virus tiene sus defectos pero en lo personal me gusto mucho esta película porque me llevo a leer la novela y a ver sus dos versiones cinematográficas anteriores: "El ultimo hombre sobre la tierra" con Vincent Price y "The omega man" con Charlton Heston, las cuales sin ser mejores o peores si son versiones muy diferentes a la película en mención. Expand
turbulentmaniacJun 17, 2013
Will smith puts in a terrific performance. This films atmosphere is excellent, even in times of complete silence. the film is unpredictable, but at times can be boring to watch. that said a couple of scenes are compelling; bring out a lot ofWill smith puts in a terrific performance. This films atmosphere is excellent, even in times of complete silence. the film is unpredictable, but at times can be boring to watch. that said a couple of scenes are compelling; bring out a lot of emotion. personally i thought a film with just will smith, throughout 90%, of the film would be easy to turn off but instead i was left with a film that is epic with its decent CG I effects. Even Sam the dog puts on a Oscar winning performance. Expand
goudamandoJun 1, 2015
Will Smith act most of the movie with a dog so it may be an interesting updating of the original novel, which Smith shows that he can actually act. One of the few films that brings a tear to my eye during one certain scene. However, what theWill Smith act most of the movie with a dog so it may be an interesting updating of the original novel, which Smith shows that he can actually act. One of the few films that brings a tear to my eye during one certain scene. However, what the hell is up with the new ending? It sucks, and also makes the film title itself nonsensical. Expand
Dwight_ShruteOct 17, 2011
A very enjoyable film featuring a very stellar performance by Will Smith. The story is very captivating even if a little too short for my liking. As a fan of sci-fi titles, this one stands among some of the better, more refined. I canA very enjoyable film featuring a very stellar performance by Will Smith. The story is very captivating even if a little too short for my liking. As a fan of sci-fi titles, this one stands among some of the better, more refined. I can easily recommend this movie to anyone, even those who do not care to much for the horror. Expand
MrAlcatrazNov 18, 2013
This movie is a very good adaptation of the original novel, the novel being my favorite book ever. It doesn't follow the book to the fullest though... As the book was written in the fifties they updated it more, and don't follow the mainThis movie is a very good adaptation of the original novel, the novel being my favorite book ever. It doesn't follow the book to the fullest though... As the book was written in the fifties they updated it more, and don't follow the main story of the book.
Such as in the book Robert Neville does not have a dog, while in the movie, Robert Neville (Played by Will Smith) has a dog.
Will Smith does a very good job in this movie, and it makes you feel lonely, as did the book. The movie did a very good job of making you ask what was going to happen next. Like in the book, Neville has flash backs about his family, these are not well done.
One scene made me almost cry, a movie has never done that before.
There is two endings but the second one is crap.
The only thing that ruins this movie is CGI monsters. WHY?
I don't remember the book having poor CGI monsters in it that don't look scary.

But anyway...
Unlike the book he has a dog, and this dog is awesome. In this world you see what Neville has to do to survive, and that is very well done.

There isn't much more I can say without spoiling it so I will leave it at that.
Watch this movie!
More importantly read the book, one of the best.
JasonP.Jan 4, 2008
Brilliant flick! Will Smith's best performance to date. And love the dog!
TonyB.Apr 4, 2008
A tremendous production design is just about its only virtue...surprisingly boring in spots.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
DavidB.Jan 1, 2008
This is the third time the book I Am Legend has been adapted into a movie (the first being the Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price and the second being the omega man starring charlton heston) and this one is probaly the best although This is the third time the book I Am Legend has been adapted into a movie (the first being the Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price and the second being the omega man starring charlton heston) and this one is probaly the best although not the truest to the book. However the ending still works, the scenes featuring empty streets and avenues of new york are breathtaking, superb acting from Will Smith and the dog - excellent portrayal of solitude and despair - and the CGI is pretty awesome. All these things make one awesome epic movie and another great adaption of the book. And to everyone who criticised this movie with untrue low scores, what could of made it better? It is an excellent movie but still, everyone should read the book. The book beats all adaptions, and I hate books and prefer movie adaptions. All in all a pretty tense, thrilling and ultimately excellent movie. Expand
THWJan 2, 2008
Despite the huge holes in the plot, moderate reliance on CGI, and the annoying detail of how the Ford vehicles are always washed and waxed in this post-apocolyptic world, this film is entertaining and a fun way to pass a couple hours. Despite the huge holes in the plot, moderate reliance on CGI, and the annoying detail of how the Ford vehicles are always washed and waxed in this post-apocolyptic world, this film is entertaining and a fun way to pass a couple hours. It's a zombie movie, with a mediocre study on loneliness. Don't expect much more than that and you'll have a great time. Expand
JasonJ.Jan 3, 2008
The only CGI screw up that I saw was the out-of-place scene with the lions. The female lion appeared real, but the male lion looked extremely fake. So, with that settled, the movie was actually pretty well made. The loneliness and The only CGI screw up that I saw was the out-of-place scene with the lions. The female lion appeared real, but the male lion looked extremely fake. So, with that settled, the movie was actually pretty well made. The loneliness and lack-of-human-contact psychosis exhibited by the main character was perhaps the most compelling part of this whole movie. It was unbearable to watch him lose his only living contact, the German shepherd. Like many reviewers have been saying, the ending of the movie was a bit rushed. They had a real masterpiece, then ventured off into mediocrity. I wonder if it is a function of the pressure to churn movies out as quickly as possible by the studios. It seems like no one wants to put time into making the next Titanic. One last gripe about this movie. Why did the woman at the end have to be so attractive? It's so formulaic. A good movie with a good premise doesn't need a Brazilian cutie to finish it off. Thank God they spared us from a superfluous make-out session with the main character. I thought that it was coming though. Expand
ChrisW.Jan 3, 2008
Don't waste your time... In what could have been the greatest movie of this generation... Hollywood and it's money hungry studios ruined it! The absolute, by far, worst CG in a movie since Jumangi. there is nothing more fake than Don't waste your time... In what could have been the greatest movie of this generation... Hollywood and it's money hungry studios ruined it! The absolute, by far, worst CG in a movie since Jumangi. there is nothing more fake than those rabid dogs! This movie was a joke! Will Smith's performance was laughable and deplorable. Although, Sam the dog should win an oscar. That was the greastest dog performance since Lassie. Expand
PatrickB.Jan 4, 2008
I don't know what you all were smoking, its as if you have to have everything spelled out for you. To the guy who asked about electricity, did you not see the generator? I loved this movie, contender for 2007 film of the year.
BraydanB.Jan 6, 2008
Was a fantastic film with great acting. yes the monsters could have been alot better with the use of actual humans, but i thought they did an excellent job
ColR.Jan 7, 2008
I Am Legend is a decent movie. Will Smith gives an excellent performance as Robert Neville in keeping with the theme of the original novel. The final scene in the video store where he begs the manequin to speak to him is brilliant. The story I Am Legend is a decent movie. Will Smith gives an excellent performance as Robert Neville in keeping with the theme of the original novel. The final scene in the video store where he begs the manequin to speak to him is brilliant. The story differs quite significantly from Matheson's novel, but this is acceptable due to the fact that much of the original story takes place within the feelings of the central character and wouldn't have translated well to a movie. The regime of excersize, hunting and isolation in the over-grown NYC is very nice indeed - probably the nicest treatment of this subject matter produced to date - even better than 28 days later. Unfortunately, that's where the praise for the film ends, as it comes with two significant problems. The first is "The Infected". In Matheson's novel, even though the vampires (as they are in the original book) are monsters, motivated by killing the uninfected, they can still reason and eventually develop into a society. In the film, they're nothing more than emaciated humans, similar to the creature from "The Mummy", which neatly dove-tails into the second, and biggest thing going against this movie - the CGI. This is supposed to be a very creepy, unnerving story about a man surrounded by enemies with no way to escape. Blood thirsty monsters who show the ability to reason and to solve problems. Due to the "Mummy-esque" CG, this illusion is totally shattered. The monsters look like something from a second-rate video game and aren't scary, ever. This is a waste of potential on every level - every time the monsters turned their heads around and did their completely inhuman, unbelievable "roar", my heart sunk. CG can be much better than this, Golem from LOTR being a prime example. If only they'd spent the money they should on making the effects work within the movie, this would have been a 9/10. Note should have been taken from Robert Carlyle's stunning performance in 28 weeks later to show how these monsters should have acted (and they *are* different stories using similar worlds, so comparisons would have been fine here) instead of the low budget, hammy, unscary puppets that were used instead. The central enemy (perhaps a tribute to Ben Cortman from the novel) was particularly bad, attempting to create personality from something which was just laughable. A dreadful shame considering how good the rest of the film was - even the performance of Samantha the dog was outstanding. Expand
DanW.Jan 9, 2008
Well done from start to finish. Not really sure what people were looking for in the ending. I left the theatre thinking, "that was a solid ending," yet people are ripping it apart. Confused about that, but overall it was one of the best Well done from start to finish. Not really sure what people were looking for in the ending. I left the theatre thinking, "that was a solid ending," yet people are ripping it apart. Confused about that, but overall it was one of the best films of the year for me. It had it's chance to be a typical, feel good story, but it deviated from that and I found the writing to be outstanding. I'm convinced that some people are just haters and had their negative views written down before the movie began. Oh well, if you like movies, go see this. Expand
guy!Feb 5, 2008
This is a masterpiece, no matter what anyone else says. It's great to see that good horror/suspense/sci-fi movies do exist, considering the garbage most contemporary horror films dish out every few weeks. The movie wasn't quite This is a masterpiece, no matter what anyone else says. It's great to see that good horror/suspense/sci-fi movies do exist, considering the garbage most contemporary horror films dish out every few weeks. The movie wasn't quite clear on how (possible spoiler) the infected humans had super-strength and agility, but they couldn't be exposed to sunlight either, so I guess it balances (end spoiler). The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because of the ending, which came way too quickly and made the whole movie seem too short. Having said that, a must see for everyone who loves Smith. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
KenH.Mar 20, 2008
Deeply flawed after the first hour. Really a shame because the movie had enormous potential. Once gets a sense the folks making the movie had no idea what kind of story to tell. The CGI animations are surprisingly bad -- what the heck Deeply flawed after the first hour. Really a shame because the movie had enormous potential. Once gets a sense the folks making the movie had no idea what kind of story to tell. The CGI animations are surprisingly bad -- what the heck happened there? Expand
DamienR.Mar 25, 2008
Easily one of the best movies of 2007. The special effects are great, the story is great, the acting by Will Smith is some of the best he's ever delivered and this movie is just generally a thrill ride from start to finish. I also Easily one of the best movies of 2007. The special effects are great, the story is great, the acting by Will Smith is some of the best he's ever delivered and this movie is just generally a thrill ride from start to finish. I also thought the ending was very suitable and cant imagine why it was prone to such criticism when it suited the story so well. Expand
BrianH.Apr 2, 2008
Wow, I wasn't expecting too much and it was even worse than I thought. Every 10 minutes something happens in the script that just baffles me. Pure Hollywood trash and Will Smith is just playing himself again. barf.
EmilyM.May 27, 2008
Fairly entertaining...but very reminiscent of 28 DAYS LATER. Kind of scary with all the zombies hiding in the dark, but the film has quite a few loose ends. HOW did the infection start? The movie starts out with the announcement that there Fairly entertaining...but very reminiscent of 28 DAYS LATER. Kind of scary with all the zombies hiding in the dark, but the film has quite a few loose ends. HOW did the infection start? The movie starts out with the announcement that there is a cure for cancer, and then suddenly most of the world is dead? How and why is the protagonist immune to the virus? What happened to his wife and kid? And WHY are there lions and deer running wild around New York City? And why aren't they infected? Shouldn't they be ZOMBIE lions? Weird movie. Kind of pointless, in my opinion. Expand
NigelM.Jun 2, 2008
Terrible rip-off of 28 days later with 10 times the budget, but none of the atmosphere. The script is clunking, Will Smith has none of his usual charm and the CGI ruins it completely. There are some nonsensical bits of talking to shop Terrible rip-off of 28 days later with 10 times the budget, but none of the atmosphere. The script is clunking, Will Smith has none of his usual charm and the CGI ruins it completely. There are some nonsensical bits of talking to shop dummies, which were unintentionally comical, but mostly this is just a dull re-hash of very tired post-world- destruction themes done without flare or imagination. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DuncanM.Jun 3, 2008
Ok, the movie is exciting in parts and the scenes of desolation do more than Will smith could in ten movies to evoke a world emptied. But the book has been butchered folks. This is NOT how the book is! I know screenwriters need to take Ok, the movie is exciting in parts and the scenes of desolation do more than Will smith could in ten movies to evoke a world emptied. But the book has been butchered folks. This is NOT how the book is! I know screenwriters need to take liberties and "adapt" books to screenplays, but they have really gone to town on this. Other parts that really bring the movie down are developed scenes that go nowhere. The nightstalkers are meant to be dumb ravenous animals at a bestial level, or are they... After watching the movie i still don't know, i know what happened in the book. And it wasn't a farcical game of "chase the black man whilst roaring, then set up elaborate traps in their spare time" Overall I'm really disappointed that they didn't incorporate the main twist that was in the book. Read the book , avoid the movie. Expand
AGuySep 1, 2008
This film is really good but when compared to the book (which is a masterpiece) you notice the changes a lot. In the book he's alone most of the time as he doesn't even have a dog. The vamps are a lot more human in book. Also if This film is really good but when compared to the book (which is a masterpiece) you notice the changes a lot. In the book he's alone most of the time as he doesn't even have a dog. The vamps are a lot more human in book. Also if you call this a rip-off of other films it's more or less impossible because it's based on a book. (It's by richard matheson - GET IT!). Expand
SeanFJun 7, 2009
An interesting updating of the original novel. Will Smith shows that he can actually act. Sometimes when I make that statement people give a quizickle look, but, remember that most of the film is Smith acting on his own with a dog, and he An interesting updating of the original novel. Will Smith shows that he can actually act. Sometimes when I make that statement people give a quizickle look, but, remember that most of the film is Smith acting on his own with a dog, and he holds the audiences interest. One of the few films that brings a tear to my eye during one certain scene. However, what the hell is up with the new ending? It sucks,and also makes the film title itself nonsensical. Expand
8 of 9 users found this helpful
TommyC.Dec 11, 2007
Most people rate movies before they come out for fun, I have seen 10's, 9's, and whatever else, and all they say is "I loved it, the best movie of the year!" Those kinds of people judge the movie on its trailer, and to settle the Most people rate movies before they come out for fun, I have seen 10's, 9's, and whatever else, and all they say is "I loved it, the best movie of the year!" Those kinds of people judge the movie on its trailer, and to settle the reviews. Well I'm telling you one thing, those people better start getting on track because I'm not rating the movie just because, I'm rating it because I saw it. I Am legend, a legendary great movie to end off the year, with its other side by track films: national Treasure: book of secrets, The Golden Compass. I have to say this movie is good, a lot better than most horror movies, it is action-packed, really fun, visually stunning, but I caught up with so many bruises on in this movie quality. It has a complex plot, it winds up with an intense beginning, and leaps into the future with - not dull - but difficult follow through, it rushed itself so that the audience wouldn't be bored with loud and noisy fun. I sure wasn't embarrassed during the show, no on else was, I was quite entertained. Although I was lost at most times, and the aliens were bizarre and torn together to settle the plot down and confuse you with a whole new race existence that mixes your brain through pointless development that made the movie slightly disappointing. But truly it was all right, nothing spectacular, your only in their for about 95 minutes, and I saw it in the IMAX so, this movie isn't that bad of a holiday fulfillment, but it will never be forgettable how wonderful this experience sure was. Expand
BenLDec 11, 2007
I am Legend is an exciting movie. Its glimpse on the future is amazing. Although it is horror/suspense they manage to create humor. Excellent for people who like all sorts of movies, especially scary movies.
DanielD.Dec 16, 2007
I thought the movie was very well done. Will gave a wonderful performance as Robert Neville.
ChrisDec 17, 2007
Not really like the book, but good in its own right. Will Smith was pretty believable and the action was heart pounding.
LongL.Dec 17, 2007
Smith is a really great actor.The first hour of the movie was very attractive.But middle part was not so good.Ending was really powerful.So i think 7 is the best score.
BruceC.Dec 17, 2007
Will Smith saves the world (again) and saves this movie with a surprisingly strong performance. Based on the same short story as Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man", Will plays a scientist trying to find a vaccine to cure a virus that Will Smith saves the world (again) and saves this movie with a surprisingly strong performance. Based on the same short story as Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man", Will plays a scientist trying to find a vaccine to cure a virus that turns humans into mindless zombies. He does a great job with a weak script, and despite his acting and some terrific special effects, the movie falls apart eventually. An above average 7 out of 10. Expand
DMDec 20, 2007
Gee, "OMEGA MAN" re-visited 36 years later. Much more competent lead actor, CGI that was not available in 1971, and much more imiginative make-up than was available then as well! Worth a matinee ticket.
BillcoDec 27, 2007
I enjoyed about two-thirds of this movie, right up until the piss-poor CG started ruining the show. That was a job for actors in makeup, with a conservative application of top-quality CG to add highlights. The ending also made me want to I enjoyed about two-thirds of this movie, right up until the piss-poor CG started ruining the show. That was a job for actors in makeup, with a conservative application of top-quality CG to add highlights. The ending also made me want to stab whoever wrote the screenplay in both eyes - they don't deserve to see any movie ever again! It was handled so poorly, it reminded me of _BAD_ B-movie endings - bad as in "I'm going to record Geraldo over this tape". Good things about the movie: it's gorgeous (except for the CG). It has moments of amazingly high tension in its minimalism. Will Smith is still Will Smith, but he fits the role surprisingly well, his lack of emotion actually works in this scenario. The pace was good, the few long droning moments seemed purposeful in adding to the teeth-grinding tension and gloom. The storyline itself held much potential but it could have been better explored with a few more minutes of screen time. This movie wasn't bad at all, but I can't help feeling it could have been so much better! Expand
AndrewK.Jan 1, 2008
It's one of the best short story movies I've ever saw. I recommend it to everyone who's big fan of short stories.
NicolasS.Jan 11, 2008
I agree the CG stuff was pretty lame... also the super human ability of the infected people. I didn't understand why they had super-power like abilities.
FrancoisL.Jan 1, 2008
Well, I did not see the original movie, so I can't judge the way others who have seen it did, but I can tell you that it was a very entertaining movie anyway. The story could have been better, then again it's based on an existing Well, I did not see the original movie, so I can't judge the way others who have seen it did, but I can tell you that it was a very entertaining movie anyway. The story could have been better, then again it's based on an existing story so they did what they could with what they had. The graphics in the movie are defenetly worth it, especialy for those scary zombies. I'm not a big fan of Will Smith but I would have to say that he is really good in that movie. Bottom line: Give it a shot if you want a good entertainement, but don't expect it to be a classic movie, it's just a good movie with good acting and that's it. Expand
JoeRJan 1, 2008
The script is incredibly choppy and inconsistent. This film lacks a certain flow almost as if Francis Lawrence doesn't know which direction to take it. I would highly recommend Charlie Wilson's War or Before The Devil Knows Your The script is incredibly choppy and inconsistent. This film lacks a certain flow almost as if Francis Lawrence doesn't know which direction to take it. I would highly recommend Charlie Wilson's War or Before The Devil Knows Your Dead before Legend. Expand
MichaelT.Jan 2, 2008
I always loved post-apocalyptic movies, and this one takes the cake, and that's not a lie.
jessecJan 2, 2008
i dont wanna hear it i jus saw it a couple of days ago and its the best movie ive seen in years!i love it alonf with every single person i know...the cgi was good smith was good sam was good can they're definately not supposed to be i dont wanna hear it i jus saw it a couple of days ago and its the best movie ive seen in years!i love it alonf with every single person i know...the cgi was good smith was good sam was good can they're definately not supposed to be vampires or zombies there diseased humans.....gahh i recommend it to anyone. Expand
LyndellK.Oct 25, 2008
This movie with Will Smith's performance deserves a 10. The monsters some say were not scary well they were not supposed to be these horrible thing they were people infected by a virus the thought of these soulless shells of what used This movie with Will Smith's performance deserves a 10. The monsters some say were not scary well they were not supposed to be these horrible thing they were people infected by a virus the thought of these soulless shells of what used to be a human had me at the edge the entire time. Then how it showed this man who had lost everything at the edge releasing that all he has are himself and these In-Human creatures it was amazing. The movie go's from Thriller to Horror to Drama then has an ending that was unexpected and that Greatly Combined all of the genres that went from absolutely nothing anyone could possibly do, too an Amazing miracle happening That left me want to know so much more about the apocalyptic time. the only draw back is i prefer reaL people instead of GFX. great movie 9-10 and one of the best performances i've ever seen by an actor. Expand
LiefS.Jan 3, 2008
horrible cg and ur usual will smith singing along to bob marley moments. the opening scene with the empty time square was the best done part of the movie, if your into movies like these, instead of looking at cgi i-robots with skin, watch 28 horrible cg and ur usual will smith singing along to bob marley moments. the opening scene with the empty time square was the best done part of the movie, if your into movies like these, instead of looking at cgi i-robots with skin, watch 28 days or weeks later, they r both lightyears ahead of this film Expand
DanaM.Jan 30, 2008
Having read the book I was surprised at how different the movie plot was. But I felt the movie told the better story. Excellent acting by Smith. Special effects were a bonus. Plenty of action and thrills. See it.
PaulJan 3, 2008
The fact that the producers of this film changed the end from that of the book show that they have no understanding of it and so render this film utterly pointless. Such a waste. Also hearing such a wonderful book compared to excrement such The fact that the producers of this film changed the end from that of the book show that they have no understanding of it and so render this film utterly pointless. Such a waste. Also hearing such a wonderful book compared to excrement such as 28 days later should be painful to anyone who has actually read it. Expand
JohnC.Jan 5, 2008
Having not read the book, I dont know if it stays true to the original story, but it seems like of the 4 or 5 possible routes to take, they took the easy way out with the whole zombie retread. Guess the aim was mostly action but the story Having not read the book, I dont know if it stays true to the original story, but it seems like of the 4 or 5 possible routes to take, they took the easy way out with the whole zombie retread. Guess the aim was mostly action but the story seemed have more to tell than what I saw. Expand
MarcBJan 5, 2008
One of the best movies i've ever seen. Scary, sad and funny.
JackS.Jan 8, 2008
This film is a jump-a-minute thriller for adreneline junkies, sentimental people and pretty much anyone looking for a fun time.
ChrisCJan 9, 2008
It wasn't THAT bad as some of these cynics are suggesting. But the CG effects were unnecessary in places and the plot was rather predictable. I thought Will Smith did a commendable job carrying the film with quiet intensity performance It wasn't THAT bad as some of these cynics are suggesting. But the CG effects were unnecessary in places and the plot was rather predictable. I thought Will Smith did a commendable job carrying the film with quiet intensity performance that is basically anti-Independence Day (even the token dog plays it down). For the best recent attempts at films of this genre I would still choose 28 Days or Weeks Later over this. But as a Londoner I am biased - our killer zombie making virus is better than yours! Expand