I Heart Huckabees

7.1

1. JohnS.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Good idea but so poorly executed - exactly like so many other poorly conceived movies these days. I feel sorry for so many people that think this is quality filmmaking, they should probably be reading more and watching less TV. Do yourself a favor and read a book instead.
  2. Can
    Sep 21, 2005
    This lazy movie asks you to blindly accept the philosophy presented, while criticizing you for blindly accepting what you already believe. You can't have it both ways. I might have been o.k. with the concept had the film actually contained some entertainment. No, it's just preaching to the choir, or alienating anybody who's not in that particular choir.
  3. Jennifer
    Oct 11, 2004
    Worst film of the year as it was completely disjointed.
  4. Larry
    Dec 6, 2004
    Just plain out sucked as evidenced by the poor box office receipts. Avoid.
  5. GloriaL
    Oct 8, 2004
    The acting was good, but the plot was stupid. I stayed in the theatre, because I hoped I might be missing something in the way of a point to the plot. This was the worst film I have seen this year.
  6. JohnP.
    Mar 15, 2005
    This movie sucked so hard i couldn't believe this came from the same people who did Flirting With Disaster. People say the plot didn't make sense. For me, i understood it and i still hated it. Worst movie that i saw of 2004.
  7. TomS.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Horrible.
  8. JoeX.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I "defiantly" disagree Joe.
  9. Fusichinucca
    Oct 12, 2004
    Perhaps one of the worst movies Dustin Hoffman, a great actor, has ever been associated with. I guess every actor has a turkey in his portfolio and this is Dustin's. Avoid at all costs.
  10. BrianM.
    Dec 9, 2004
    Worst movie I have seen this year. Vastly overrated by most american critics with a sense of deja vu in their crits. Emperor's clothes springs to mind. Interesting to note that the more serious and less arty newspapers tended to pan it. Prententious claptrap. Brian McGahon.
  11. EddieL.
    Oct 9, 2004
    Awful. A waste of time and money.
  12. JoeB.
    Feb 9, 2007
    If you like the Life Aquatic and Napoleon Dynamite you're probably the sort of person that would like this movie. If like me, you thought those movies sucked, then you should avoid this one, too. In short, this is the sort of movie that is so off the wall it divides people into two groups - one that claims to "get it" and belittles those who are too immature to understand it, and If you like the Life Aquatic and Napoleon Dynamite you're probably the sort of person that would like this movie. If like me, you thought those movies sucked, then you should avoid this one, too. In short, this is the sort of movie that is so off the wall it divides people into two groups - one that claims to "get it" and belittles those who are too immature to understand it, and another group that realizes there is no sense to be found in the movie and there are only a few cheap laughs to be had. Expand
  13. DickE.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Even the great ones make bad flicks. Dustin welcome to the club. Without any redeeming value whatsoever. Strange but in an awful way. Avoid at all costs.
  14. Nov 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. With such a great cast and with it seems to be an original script it could be a very clever and funny movie. But it fails in everyway, and gets boring after 30 minutes. Collapse

1. Despite the unique premise and some truly inspired casting, the picture remains stuck in an existential rut of its own.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Ultimately, Huckabees doesn't work. But it sure does stimulate. This is just the kind of "failure" we could use plenty more of.
    Huckabees is the real thing--an authentic disaster--but the picture is so odd that it should inspire, in at least a part of the audience, feelings of fervent loyalty.