4.6

1. FredricH
    Sep 27, 2009
    Pure rubbish. The public in general should be ashamed that this movie ever got greenlit in the first place.
  2. MattK
    Mar 12, 2010
    Doesn't have the feel of Tucker's writing. Amateurish. Underestimated the ability of his audience to understand nuance or subtle character development. Worst of all: Not Funny. Lot of awkward silences in the theater I saw it in as the jokes fell flat. Glad I snuck in.
  3. JT
    Oct 3, 2009
    Complete and utter crap. Bad book, even worse movie. This is the first movie since Twilight that I am praying will tank.
  4. EmilyW
    Oct 5, 2009
    This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen but its not just a crude comedy but rather has an intelligent story line. I recommend everyone go see this movie.
  5. BobJ
    Feb 11, 2010
    This is probably the worst title for a movie i've ever heard... Seriously, when you first look at the title, the first thing even a monkey would think is, "This movie is going to suck." Well, guess what? It did. Luckily I went with my friends and we started throwing popcorn at the screen midway through the movie and got banned from the theatre.
  6. ElPup
    Mar 24, 2010
    It's a movie you are either gonna love or hate. If you are unfamiliar with Tuck Max, he's a self described asshole who does messed up things to people in order to get what he wants. The humor is very reminiscent of hanging around a group of college guys, whether or not that is appealing to you is your call. Personally, my father, my mother, my girlfriend and I all loved it (the It's a movie you are either gonna love or hate. If you are unfamiliar with Tuck Max, he's a self described asshole who does messed up things to people in order to get what he wants. The humor is very reminiscent of hanging around a group of college guys, whether or not that is appealing to you is your call. Personally, my father, my mother, my girlfriend and I all loved it (the three of us are quite different). The humor was edgy and original even though completely raunhcy and minorly chauvinistic. Then again, if you have a movie that makes women out to be anything less than pretty pretty princesses, you're gonna piss people off. Expand
  7. DerekG
    Oct 19, 2009
    The worst movie I have ever seen. Period. Set fire to your money. It will be a better way of spending it.
  8. MattP
    Sep 26, 2009
    The funniest movie released this year. I thought it was a great movie and served the book just justice. However be warned if you are someone who can't take a joke or are easily offended the movie might not be for you.
  9. SusanS
    Sep 27, 2009
    Easily one of the top five funniest movies I have ever seen. I would highly recommend it.
  10. MattH
    Feb 17, 2010
    Wow. Just terrible. Could the jokes be any more stale or poorly delivered? Could the writing be any worse? Could the ending be any cheesier? Seriously one of the worst movies of 2009.
  11. CalebM
    Apr 11, 2010
    Absolutely terrible!
  12. TuckerM
    Oct 11, 2009
    Easily the funniest movie of the decade. If you haven't seen this movie yet do yourself a favor and watch it. Some of the wittiest dialogue I have seen in a comedy. The entire theater was howling. Please, for the love of God, go see this movie. Please.
  13. SamR
    Oct 24, 2009
    The book is reasonable if viewed as ficiton. The movie is easily one of the worst movies to come out in the last ten years.
  14. AlanJ
    Sep 29, 2009
    Just Terrible.
  15. Aug 20, 2010
    I kind of liked the book, never was very fond of it but it has it's moments. This film however is completely awful. Absolute crap. If all you want is to spend a shocking 105 minutes watching some pretend sophisticated nobody having sex with women so drunk they can barely see then this movie is for you! If you want plot, competance or any trace of originality run to the hills! It'sI kind of liked the book, never was very fond of it but it has it's moments. This film however is completely awful. Absolute crap. If all you want is to spend a shocking 105 minutes watching some pretend sophisticated nobody having sex with women so drunk they can barely see then this movie is for you! If you want plot, competance or any trace of originality run to the hills! It's laughably inept. And I don't hate it because it's offensive or anything because it's not, it's just crap Expand
  16. Jan 11, 2011
    The only thing stopping me from giving this a 0 is Jesse Bradford's Drew. His one liners and total douche attitude gave me an occasional laugh and the only reason I watched to the end. What shocks me the most is that it had an R rating, they could have gone completely crazy and made it foul and raunchy and kinda like American Pie, instead the dirtiest joke is a poop joke that drags on wayThe only thing stopping me from giving this a 0 is Jesse Bradford's Drew. His one liners and total douche attitude gave me an occasional laugh and the only reason I watched to the end. What shocks me the most is that it had an R rating, they could have gone completely crazy and made it foul and raunchy and kinda like American Pie, instead the dirtiest joke is a poop joke that drags on way too long. Expand
  17. May 23, 2012
    I have not read the book and just now saw the movie. There was some funny dialog but the movie really serves an important educational purpose.Except when he unrealistically "sees the light" at the end It almost perfectly displays someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. In real life the guy would just continue on and never believe he has a problem. Czuchry's charachter isI have not read the book and just now saw the movie. There was some funny dialog but the movie really serves an important educational purpose.Except when he unrealistically "sees the light" at the end It almost perfectly displays someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. In real life the guy would just continue on and never believe he has a problem. Czuchry's charachter is charming, entitled, selfish, manipulative, deceptive, does not accept responsibility, is unnaccountable, blames others and is shameless. Toss in a bit of a sociopathic personality and that is him. I lived with a classic narcissist for 4 years and can tell you this film felt like a bad reunion. In a movie in can be entertaining as "bad" charachters are interesting and even quite funny. In real life it is hell even with beer. I highly recommend this movie if you are trying to get someone to understand what this personality disorder can look like in day to day life. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Grant
    Painfully unfunny.
  2. Reviewed by: Vadim Rizov
    Visually incompetent to a painful extreme and almost never funny, but, worst of all, it doesn't have the courage of Max's unadulterated convictions. If you're going to offend the easily offended, at least go big.
  3. The film is consistently fun, and Tucker's comeuppance ? will leave you gasping (if not gagging) with laughter.