7.1

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The movie is full of drama, as it had to be. I mean, they're talking about a gay boy with his mom and they do not have any communication. But you can see how that lack of communication affects both. At the final part he understands her, and she does the same for him. 5 stars: The movie was spectacular, because you can see similar problems in the society today. The part the you'll like, it that the movie could be cliché, but it wasn't. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    Mar 13, 2013
    Love sometimes hurts, but love/hate is always pure anguish. That's the two-stroke engine powering I Killed My Mother ( J'ai tué ma mère), a coming-of-age tale as ferociously raw as its teller - the very young Xavier Dolan.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Gonzalez
    Mar 13, 2013
    I Killed My Mother is a film best heard than seen, as the earnest, nimble scrubbiness of Dolan's screenplay is ill-served by his conceited visuals, an aesthetic mode that feels insecurely borrowed from perfume commercials and the work of Jean-Luc Godard and Wong Kar-Wai.
  3. Reviewed by: Eric Kohn
    Mar 13, 2013
    Xavier Dolan's I Killed My Mother marks the emergence of an exciting new filmmaking talent. The Montreal actor, a mere 20 years old, displays a startlingly mature perspective on human behavior in his triple threat position as writer-director-star.