6.5

1. Apr 1, 2014
    Wonderful film with an interesting message and suspense towards the end. One of my favorite Hollywood film. All the cast performed well especially Jennifer was amazing.
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    A great cast to a good movie. Although it wasn't an oscar winning movie it is a fun summer teen flic to watch. Sarah Michelle gellar gave an incredible performance, I consider it to be one of my favourite movies
  3. Feb 10, 2014
    If you thought Scream was scary then this summer 7 little words will give you the biggest scare of your life.
    The film starts by looking at a group of four friends who are celebrating the fact that Helen (Sarah Gellar) has won a beauty pageant. The party is going great until the four friends decide to take a drive and accidentally run over a man. Not wanting to report the crime the four
    friends decide to throw the man in the river. But just before they throw him in the river the man wakes up but luckily for the group of friends after he wakes up he falls in the river and disappears into the murky depths. After this the friends seem tohave gotten away with it until a year later one of them, Julie, (Jennifer Love Hewitt) recieves a letter which reads "I know what you did last summer." From this moment on the four friends find themselves in a revenge story where the killer is taunting them at first and then horrifically killing them one by one.
    Even though the film is a bit slow at the start there are some very scary parts in it like when one of the Julie is driving and she hears a scratching sound coming from her boot. So she opens the boot and inside is her friend's dead body covered in crabs. This scared me because at first I thought it was going to be a false-scare but then I saw the dead body and almost jumped out of my seat.
    My favourite scene in the film is when Julie is trapped on a boat and is getting chased by the killer. This is a good chase scene because not only does the killer nearly catch her on more than one occasion but also you get the feeling that the killer will catch her eventually because the boat is the middle of the water so you get the feeling that she can't run from the killer forever.
    I would recommend this film to anyone who likes horror/action films with a bit of gore. And I would rate this film 7/10.
  4. Jan 5, 2014
    Creating the kind of horror movie genre satire that the Scream movies did so well, "Summer" does it so much weaker and with less fun. The movie is very blasé, and I found myself bored while watching it. Jennifer Love Hewitt does nothing to the character, and all the other performances are banal as well.
  5. Aug 5, 2013
    Esta es una buena pelicula de suspenso, me gusto mucho, me gusto el argumento y los personajes, la verdad, es una buena pelicula de terror de adolescentes.Muy buena estuvo la actuacion de Jennifer Love Hewitt.
  6. Mar 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It wasn't quite as good as Scream but it had just about as much originality as Scream did. The acting was good except for Freddy Prince Junior's. It was really creepy and scary at certain parts. Way scarier than Scream but not as smart with how the story goes. The only problem is that every character that should have escaped got killed because the killer appeared out no where as if he was a ghost which he is not. He's like a 60 year old man and he walks when he chases people when their running as fast as they can but he still manages to kill them somehow. Sarah Michelle Gellar should have survived. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    A good horror movie and very original in its time.
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    A classic thriller with some of the best chase scenes, the script is good, the performances are good, if you're a fan of suspense,'ve probably watched this movie.
  9. Jun 5, 2012
    For A Horror Movie It's Very Well Writen And The Acting Is Fine..
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Does A Amazing Job!
  10. Dec 23, 2011
    Weak on performances, weak on thrills, weak on dialogue and it isn't even unintentionally funny. Wow this movie has the right to be made fun of. I give this awful movie 18% of a good movie.
  11. nbc
    Jun 23, 2011
    I have to say, I liked I Know What You Did Last Summer even better than Scream. It was one of those "at the edge of your seat" thrillers with plenty of jumps, scares, and surprises. Sarah Michelle Gellar makes you like the movie maybe more than you should, but that's fine by me.

Despite an inordinately complicated third-act resolution, it's head-and-shoulders above most so-called suspense films.
    The best shot in this film is the first one. Not a good sign.
  3. Though it flies in the face of credibility and becomes downright silly by its end, I Know What You Did Last Summer knows its way around the rules of the popular horror-film genre.