I Love You Phillip Morris

6.7

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Something about this movie rubbed me the wrong way. First, I thought it was black comedy and/or farce that didn't work for me. But, much more so, it was the inauthenticity of the main character that gave me a strong negative visceral reaction. Yet, although I was uncomfortable while watching, I was never bored. And I did find myself thinking about the film afterward.
  2. Jul 18, 2011
    Not funny, not original. Jim Carrey plays the same character he played twenty years ago in Pet Detective, and it doesn't work anymore. His character is so over the top, it's like a cartoon character who gets run over multiple times and emerges without a scratch. Sad to see that certain actors do not evolve when they get older...
    In short, unbearable to watch.
  3. Sep 7, 2011
    I've seen a lot of movies about relationships between two males, and I have to say this is the worst. It was so unrealistic, and so offensive as well. It portrays stereotypes that have basically just become assumptions about homosexuals. If you want to watch a good movie about a gay male relationship, go for Brokeback Mountain. It is much more emotional, and much more tolerable as a whole,I've seen a lot of movies about relationships between two males, and I have to say this is the worst. It was so unrealistic, and so offensive as well. It portrays stereotypes that have basically just become assumptions about homosexuals. If you want to watch a good movie about a gay male relationship, go for Brokeback Mountain. It is much more emotional, and much more tolerable as a whole, and it's a whole heck of a lot less offensive. Watching this movie, I have a harder time believing Jim Carrey was a gay man than I did believing he was God, The Grinch, or The Mask. Even Ewan McGregor, who I loved in Moulin Rouge and Trainspotting, was a blatant stereotype. If you ever wonder why homophobes think gays like to talk about the fact that they're gay all the time, they are promiscuous, as well as dirty liars, those homophobes are probably watching movies like this. It was also the least authentic romance movie I've ever seen. This was a less believable couple than Harold and Maude. This is in strong contention for the worst movie I've ever seen. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Dec 25, 2010
    It is Carrey, turning his patented rubber-faced, rubber-voiced shtick loose on a role with heart, substance and entertainment value, who makes this romantic farce a movie too good to sit on any studio's shelf.
  2. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Dec 24, 2010
    Likable but uneven comedy by writer-directors Glenn Ficara and John Requa (Bad Santa).
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 22, 2010
    Think "Catch Me If You Can" mashed up with "Brokeback Mountain" if Mel Brooks directed and you'll get the idea.