6.5

1. Nov 25, 2013
    There is a lot to talk about here, so many things to discuss, so many mistakes, and lots of plot holes.

To start with, I got that Jennifer Hills (age is not mentioned) is somehow in her early twenties and is WRITER! Did she even finish college? I wasn't really convinced, I guess that an older actress would be better, and I am not relating to the remake because I didn't watch it, I am
    judging this as a movie with no connections. There is a scene where she spills Whisky on her LEGS, why would she start washing her cloths the scene after This doesn't make any sense. Why would she kiss a stranger? Full of Dumb Actions, and that makes us care less for these characters due to their stupid actions/decisions. The characters are flat, just to carry the plot on, just veins, no digging the past at all, or anything else to make us care more for the character, and if the remade film is like this, they should have development.

The whole movie is dull, although the raping scene is cruel shocking and disturbing, it is still dull and uninteresting, due to the flat characters that don't share feelings with the audience at all! Why? I don't want to spoil more, but there is some unexplainable things somewhere near the end (don't make any sense).
    But I admit the third act is awesome, everything after the rape is pretty interesting, predictable but entertaining and shocking, it has that old school buzz to it, but it doesn't save it from getting negative response! The acting got better by the time. But on my own standards I won't recommend this to anyone, it is pretty sick, gross, disturbing and really shocking. No one wants to see anyone getting tortured especially seeing an almost innocent girl (she smokes weed) but still.
  2. Aug 26, 2013
    I hardly agreed with Roger Ebert, but He was right on this one! A bloody disgusting garbage! Pure sadisctic trash for the mentally ill, sadistic people. If you enjoy watching the suffering of other beings you are sick!!!
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    "I Spit on Your Grave" (2010) A MoviesForever Review.

Director Steven R. Monroe remade the 1978 Gruesome hit "I Spit on Your Grave". While, yes, shocked millions of people with its bold and brash plot and sequences of disturbing events, still is not an enjoyable experience in any means. And now, it has been updated (Remade).

"I Spit on Your Grave" (2010), is not in any way possible
    an enjoyable movie. But an extremely shocking experience, with its frankness and naive simplicity. This movie is a dull, hollow experience, so flawed and tired. It is overall very violent and frightening to watch at times, it is absolutely a hard and tough watch. The violent moral of this disappointing movie is distasteful and offending. It is the ultimate brutality against women, and anyone who enjoys watching sexual assault performed at women is absolutely a sick person with no sense of feelings.

The only one positive thing I can say is that the third act of the film is intense at a point. Although served with ridden of cliches and second-rate overused ideas. We get nothing.

A MoviesForever Review

1. In terms of real horror, nevermind sexual-politics provocation, "Grave" can neither re-create its predecessor's impact nor compete with stranger new beasts like Lars von Trier's "Antichrist."
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Its straight-ahead rape, humiliation and ingenious revenge competently executed but not aestheticized, the essential grunginess never overly slicked up.
    Exploitation pure and simple. But it's artistically redeeming exploitation. If you can handle it, see it.