3.2

1. MitchellT.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Don't believe what they say. This movie is hilarious. Owen Wilson is god.
  2. Ryan
    Jul 17, 2003
    Don't listen to what some say about this movie. It is actually really funny. At least give it a chance.
  3. JohnB.
    Aug 4, 2007
    The critics don't seem to be able tell the difference in tone between Breach and Get Smart. This movie is no more unrealistic than the average James Bond film, but then this film is a comedy . It's supposed to make you laugh and it does, especially the riffs between Wilson and Murphy.
  4. MFilth
    Nov 4, 2002
    "As long as there are 'lame' Hollywood executives who dredge up 35-year old TV shows and sell them back to us, and as long as there are unfunny writers willing to fling flabby scenes at a plot skeleton until it looks fleshed out, we'll have I Spy."
  5. NickS.
    Oct 29, 2002
    You have to go into this film expecting a fun, ridiculuous take on the spy film genre. I laughed throughout the screening and so did most of the audience. There were a couple of hysterical scenes that made the entire experience worthwile. Murphy and Wilson are great together and Famke Janssen is incredible. I just wish they showed her more...or I guess, less...of her clothes. (you know You have to go into this film expecting a fun, ridiculuous take on the spy film genre. I laughed throughout the screening and so did most of the audience. There were a couple of hysterical scenes that made the entire experience worthwile. Murphy and Wilson are great together and Famke Janssen is incredible. I just wish they showed her more...or I guess, less...of her clothes. (you know what i mean) I definitely recommend this film to anyone who just wants to be entertained and have a good laugh. Expand
  6. Jovi
    Oct 29, 2002
    A funny film that delivers action and yes, humour. Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson are great and their chemistry is effective in delivering the laughs you would expect to get. This is a no brainer of a film - there are no complexities and it doesn't pretend to be more than what it is. Last time there was good pairing was Rush Hour, and this is a great pairing. Guaranteed you will laugh.
    Jul 13, 2005
    Dumb, but not necessarily the bad kind. the kind one needs to loosen up once in a while.
  8. JimU.
    Jan 26, 2007
    This movie was amazing. Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson are amazing actors and the movie was reallly good.
  9. ClarkW
    Aug 10, 2008
    A very funny movie. The banter between Wilson and Murphy is hilarious, and the actions scenes are entertaining and fun. It could use a bit more depth, but overall it is a very good action comedy buddy movie.
  10. MaryK.
    Nov 10, 2002
    Of course this movie isn't serious-it's ridiculous! Go to see it in that spirit, and you will have an enjoyable evening. I think Owen Wilson steals the show, but then, I'm a fan of his.
  11. SamG.
    Nov 2, 2002
    Any slow or "coma-enducing" bits I noticed in this movie were easily forgotten when Eddie and Owen did their stuff. There are some scenes in this that are absolute comedy gold! The action was nice and fast-paced, the heros appropriately feeding off eachother. Definitely see this over "The Tuxedo".
  12. SteveD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    For a guy who's helped write 3 of the best comedies of the last ten years, Owen Wilson can't seem to pick a decent script to save his life. While this isn't quite as hideous as Behind Enemy Lines, it has only three funny moments in the entire movie, two of which were in the trailer. Sure the movie was better than it would have been without Wilson, but I would hope there For a guy who's helped write 3 of the best comedies of the last ten years, Owen Wilson can't seem to pick a decent script to save his life. While this isn't quite as hideous as Behind Enemy Lines, it has only three funny moments in the entire movie, two of which were in the trailer. Sure the movie was better than it would have been without Wilson, but I would hope there could have been something better he could have been doing. Expand
  13. PaulM.
    Mar 21, 2003
    'I Spy" was actually really funny, though Eddie Murphy as a boxer? I don't think so. but it was still funny.
  14. AppleH.
    Nov 11, 2002
    First Showtime, then Pluto Nash and now... I Spy? Eddie what in the world ever happened to you? Perhaps the Men In Black duo are right. Eddie Murphy has been kidnapped and this is his sorry ass replacement. Just another terrible flick in a long line of disasters and I am not talking about Titanic. If you go see this crap watch out for the iceberg as you are sunk!
  15. Feb 4, 2011
    I must have seen this movie at least a dozen times. I don't understand why the critics gave it such a low rating - I would recommend this movie to anyone!

1. Reviewed by: Steve Simels
    The real problem with the new film, however, is a certain lack of chemistry between the leads; Wilson is game, as always, but his part is seriously underwritten, and while Murphy raises trash talking to the level of a fine art, he seems to be operating in another movie altogether.
  2. Nothing is real, but at the same time, nothing is fake. Nothing is, period. You don't believe a second of it for a second, so banal and predictable is it.
  3. TV's ''I Spy'' knew how to swing. The movie 'I Spy knows only how to scramble and string together moments of Murphy braggadocio and Wilson stoner-ocity, and the sweat shows.