I Spy

3.1

1. MFilth
    Nov 4, 2002
    "As long as there are 'lame' Hollywood executives who dredge up 35-year old TV shows and sell them back to us, and as long as there are unfunny writers willing to fling flabby scenes at a plot skeleton until it looks fleshed out, we'll have I Spy."
  2. SteveD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    For a guy who's helped write 3 of the best comedies of the last ten years, Owen Wilson can't seem to pick a decent script to save his life. While this isn't quite as hideous as Behind Enemy Lines, it has only three funny moments in the entire movie, two of which were in the trailer. Sure the movie was better than it would have been without Wilson, but I would hope there For a guy who's helped write 3 of the best comedies of the last ten years, Owen Wilson can't seem to pick a decent script to save his life. While this isn't quite as hideous as Behind Enemy Lines, it has only three funny moments in the entire movie, two of which were in the trailer. Sure the movie was better than it would have been without Wilson, but I would hope there could have been something better he could have been doing. Expand
  3. AppleH.
    Nov 11, 2002
    First Showtime, then Pluto Nash and now... I Spy? Eddie what in the world ever happened to you? Perhaps the Men In Black duo are right. Eddie Murphy has been kidnapped and this is his sorry ass replacement. Just another terrible flick in a long line of disasters and I am not talking about Titanic. If you go see this crap watch out for the iceberg as you are sunk!

1. The real problem with the new film, however, is a certain lack of chemistry between the leads; Wilson is game, as always, but his part is seriously underwritten, and while Murphy raises trash talking to the level of a fine art, he seems to be operating in another movie altogether.
  2. Nothing is real, but at the same time, nothing is fake. Nothing is, period. You don't believe a second of it for a second, so banal and predictable is it.
  3. TV's ''I Spy'' knew how to swing. The movie 'I Spy knows only how to scramble and string together moments of Murphy braggadocio and Wilson stoner-ocity, and the sweat shows.