5.3

1. RogerF.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Jennifer Hudson is to Dreamgirls as Kerry Washington is to I think I love my wife.
  2. MikeM
    Oct 20, 2007
    You'd think throwing Chris Rock into a life crisis about sex and adultery would be quite funny. You think it would be filled with his witty sarcasm, his class-act stand up material even, but what you get, is nothing near that. I Think I Love My Wife is not funny. The only time i smiled was when Steve Buscemi appeared on the screen, and thats just because Steve Buscemi is a wonderful You'd think throwing Chris Rock into a life crisis about sex and adultery would be quite funny. You think it would be filled with his witty sarcasm, his class-act stand up material even, but what you get, is nothing near that. I Think I Love My Wife is not funny. The only time i smiled was when Steve Buscemi appeared on the screen, and thats just because Steve Buscemi is a wonderful actor. Why he agreed to this film, is beyond me. Chris Rock tells us the story about a man who whines, whines, and whines some more, and is set on a path to realize all that he has. Now, he throws himself off this course about 3 or 4 times, so he's not exactly a lesson learner, but throughout the film, you can't help but feel how clichee and how "well set" everything in this film is. Guys best friends girlfriend comes back, and not only is she as hot as his wife, but for whatever reason, shes really attracted to him and wants to use her sex appeal. Absurd. And sometimes absurd is good. Absurd would be especially good if you were making an outrageous comedy about the linkage between sex and marriage, and temptation. But when you settle for creating a drama, with a few scenes that are very broad reaches for comedy, absurd is not necessarily your best technique. Contrived story, lack of humor, and a plot that just doesnt seem to have enough in it to hold up for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Nearing the end, you start to realize the chain of events happening and your lack of interest rises. Now speaking for the ending musical number.........it's really.....really..just not needed. Chris Rock reached low on this one, and the movie shows. Expand
  3. MarkI.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Mr. Rock takes on having everything to do with a movie he can. It seems, though, that he tries to hard to be a multi-talented man instead of focusing on making a good comedy-romance-drama. It falls flat, despite some potential. It contains little plot and little progress in its conflict and character development and its jokes just do not work very well.
  4. TroyF.
    Mar 12, 2007
    One of the worst black romance comedies of our time. Terrible in every way possible. Confusing yet dull plot, badly written, and jumbled into one big mess.
  5. Claire
    Mar 12, 2007
    Washington deserves an Oscar nomination for highlighting this movie with her hilarity, sas and brilliance. But the movie deserves a Razzie nomination.
  6. Roger
    Mar 12, 2007
    Kerry Washington was good but this movie itself deserves no props.
  7. Catherine
    Mar 17, 2007
    Boring and offensive; the brief moments of humor are overwhelmed by a static story that never moves forward. Couldn't get out of the theatre fast enough.
  8. Music
    Mar 12, 2007
    Chris rock, a comic genius on stage, proves once again to be useless with film. Watching him act seems always out of place, because he is not meant to play a part when he himself is an original character simply not meant to imitate. He is not playing a complicated or versatile role here, but he is trying old jokes and bad tricks to achieve unfrequent adult laughs that just don't ring Chris rock, a comic genius on stage, proves once again to be useless with film. Watching him act seems always out of place, because he is not meant to play a part when he himself is an original character simply not meant to imitate. He is not playing a complicated or versatile role here, but he is trying old jokes and bad tricks to achieve unfrequent adult laughs that just don't ring or work. Head of State was even better than this confused film. I respect Chris Rock, but his movies are not very good to me. Expand
  9. TonyBannana
    Mar 12, 2007
    Chris Rock plays a white businessman. He tries to be funny, but the poor joke is on him. The laughs will last 20 minutes, and then the entire audience will give up. The movie is simply boring and not funny.
  10. SamM.
    Mar 12, 2007
    I think of Chris Rock as a funny man, but this is not his best work. With great female acting and a generally good script, this movie has something to work with. Instead it delivers a very disappointing blur that comes up empty and endless. The film feels like it is 4 hours and very repetitive. Rock and his wife keep running into problems, and all you can do is watch the dull character I think of Chris Rock as a funny man, but this is not his best work. With great female acting and a generally good script, this movie has something to work with. Instead it delivers a very disappointing blur that comes up empty and endless. The film feels like it is 4 hours and very repetitive. Rock and his wife keep running into problems, and all you can do is watch the dull character struggle between a family or cheaters choice. It is a unoriginal comedy about something that has already been done before. The film essentially takes one idea, of which the title describes, and throws it upside down, restating it over and over with bad jokes and long dialogue. The good script and decent acting soon becomes dull when you realize that the movie always seems out of place. Even the small details like where the conversation occurs and the fact that a black persons house would never look the way Rock's does start to bother you as you focus less on the movie and more on how boring it really is. Expand
    Mar 12, 2007
    Besides Kerry Washington doing a great job, this movie was just not very good. The 2 is for you Kerry!
  12. MarkO.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Chris Rock was not at his best in humor and direction, or writing for that matter. It was a large disappointment on many levels. But one good factor, at least, was the performance delivered from the stunning, hilarious, sassy and fun Kerry Washington. Her stellar, oscar worthy performance in Ray, may have just been topped in an unexpected place- a Chris Rock film. Not a good movie, but a Chris Rock was not at his best in humor and direction, or writing for that matter. It was a large disappointment on many levels. But one good factor, at least, was the performance delivered from the stunning, hilarious, sassy and fun Kerry Washington. Her stellar, oscar worthy performance in Ray, may have just been topped in an unexpected place- a Chris Rock film. Not a good movie, but a good female performance that makes your night fun. Expand
  13. SolomakiV.
    Boring and predictable.

1. In I Think I Love My Wife, Chris Rock does something entirely unexpected. He isn't funny.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The main drawback is that under director Rock, actor Rock doesn't possess quite the chops to pull off this character, and the humor and flights of fancy are simply too low-key.
  3. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    Rock capably directs a screenplay graced with one or two chuckles ("You stare at a soccer mom too long and they'll post your name on the Internet") and soured by a whole lot of misogyny.