6.9

1. Oct 25, 2012
    This film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just notThis film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just not great.

However Scrat will always be the star of the series. He's like Wile E. Coyote except with an acorn and without a "genius" mind.
  2. EvanS
    Nov 6, 2009
    Ice Age 3 was okay, but not the best. I liked the first two a lot better, because I thought they had better storylines than this. I'm just not a dinosaur person. That is my opinion and I'm intitled to it. I'll get it on DVD, but I won't watch it all the time.
  3. ChadS
    Jul 2, 2009
    [***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was last seen in the clutches of a mama T. rex. As it turns out, Buck(Simon Pegg), the Captain Ahab-like weasel, of all "people", makes the salient point [***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was last seen in the clutches of a mama T. rex. As it turns out, Buck(Simon Pegg), the Captain Ahab-like weasel, of all "people", makes the salient point that Manny(Ray Romano), the expectant father-to-be, is risking it all for a sloth, and an emotionally unstable one at that. After all, he's a dinosaur-napper. In response to the wooly mammoths' marital bliss, and looming inception of a calf, Sid turns to his maternal side(despite being a dude) and steals three eggs from an unguarded nest in an ice cave(which makes him the Pleistocene era equivalent of a felon), just like a barren woman at her most desperate. Women who snatch children out of baby carriages employ their own skewered cognizance of the situation in order to justify the exploit, which frees them from owning up to the crime. This seems to be the case with Sid. The sloth is no Anna Paquin(in Carroll Ballard's "Fly Away Home"); he sees what he wants to see. If Sid had a more paternalistic side, procreation via f***ing a fairer sloth would be his main concern, not raising somebody else's children(he'd also eat the eggs). During his existential crisis, the sloth talks about looking for a new herd, without any mention of finding a mate. Interestingly enough, the sloth gives an unsuspecting ram a hand job(inspired by Peter and Bobby Farrelly's "Kingpin"), which Sid claims was a case of mistaken identity, as he was merely trying to satiate his kids' thirst for fresh milk. "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs", albeit heavily bent towards action over story, does contain the inspiring message that sloths matter, even better, that ambiguous sloths matter too. But unfortunately, the film is hopelessly patriarchial. Although Sid took the T. rex's children, she forgives him, much too easily, and even made to suffer the sloth's own parental advice on what her babies should eat. Expand
  4. JoshuaP.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Not as good as the first and second, but still enjoyable.
  5. ChrisC
    Aug 15, 2009
    It just didn't feel like a fully-fledged sequel to me. More like some kind of inane side story. Like two back-to-back episodes of a TV series. Occasionally it felt strained but it had its moments. The plot itself requires heavy suspension of disbelief and the screenplay doesn't do an amazing job of easing you into it.
  6. XavierE
    Jul 11, 2009
    Very average and boring. The humor is lacking and will ONLY appeal to little kids.
  7. MisterEpic
    Jul 15, 2009
    It looks like they removed 95% of the "Ice Age" humor. I just laughed a little bit on this 3rd movie. Scrat is now boring since he found a female squirrel. I didn't like that movie. The 2nd one is still the best.
  8. EnzoP.
    Jul 9, 2009
    Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs is actually a so so family film. That's because their are some dirty jokes for kids. But other then that it was alright. Unlike the first two this was a movie that would be better of renting.
  9. Oct 4, 2010
    This film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smileThis film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smile on my face. It had its moments, but overall I thought this was a bore. Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2011
    The movie was ok. Humour wasn't good but at least it was watchable.
  11. May 28, 2012
    The graphics are great, especially in 3-D. The plot is okay but boring. The characters and the voice acting is terrible. Ice Age 3 was generally a descent film, but its predecessors are way better.........
  12. May 11, 2012
    I didn't expect this. The story of Ice Age is more outrageous than ever. There is a bit more action in this one as it introduces dinosaur characters.
  13. Jan 2, 2012
    I enjoyed it more than the first two, but as a piece of storytelling it is bad. But boy is the squirrel hilarious not enough to have a spin- off but to almost make this movie work. I give this movie 49%.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    The use of 3-D in this film is fantastic. The ultimate disappointment in this movie is that the jokes seem all recycled and too cliché. It's still intelligent in several places, mind you, and is recommended for kids who enjoyed the first two.
  15. Jul 23, 2012
    It's probably the worst Ice Age movie I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean I think it's BAD. But comparing the first one with this one, it has NOTHING on the first movie. But still, it's good, but the franchise is focusing on humor more and more and less and less on charm and emotion.

6/10 Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character Cons: Lacks most

Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character
    Cons: Lacks most of the charm and emotion the first one has
  16. Jan 5, 2013
    Comeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie areComeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie are excited for their baby and Sid is jealous, so he goes taking 3 Dinosaur eggs to look after them, but he doesn't know how to (obviously) and it turns into a disaster and Sid is taken away, but I think they just ran out of ideas during the script or decided that 1 Dinosaur was appropriate and no other Dinosaurs to get in the way of the search for Sid and that they would have to avoid them, and then they could just not think of much, you will watch this and forget a lot of this in the end and it annoys me they don't even travel far in the underground world. There is only 2 dinosaurs the 2nd one turns up for a minute in the end to attack, it's stupid and a big contradiction towards the title and direction "DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS" a big step back for the Ice Age series. This is supposed to be the underground Dinosaur world not a jungle that happens to have a Dinosaur making babies, I expected better, we should all expect better than this. I like the story, Sid is entertaining and they had great ideas for Ice Age, but they just could not handle it well and especially screwed it up only putting in 1 Dinosaur and no others throughout and that's the main problem. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    More mundane, incoherent, and jumbled-up than any of the first two, 'Dawn of Dinosaurs' is an unnecessary sequel that permanently destroys the franchise, and any sequels.
  18. Nov 16, 2013
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    The movie isn't by any means spectacular, and can be tiresome at times. The very fact that its Ice Age 3 alone will have many irritated to say the least. It succeeds its comic aspect mainly do to the introduction of a few new characters that are very successful. The adventure exceeds the meltdown and the film flourishes at times. Overall its not good but it keeps from being roadkill.
  19. Oct 14, 2014
    The third Ice Age is unfortunately a little bit worse, and feels unrealistic and might confuse kids about actuality, I'll admit that the dinosaurs look cool, and some of the fight scenes are really well done, but other than that there's just nothing.
  20. Jul 25, 2015
    Well here 's good movie boring the first minute and then a really interesting split decisions , no more until the dinosaurs came out as guests LOL ! That joke so frightening .

1. Pretty much any sign of creative life gets left out in the cold in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, the monotonous, strictly by-the-numbers third edition of the wildly lucrative digitally animated franchise.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    With appreciably greater emphasis on action than its predecessors, and clever use of 3-D trickery to enhance storytelling as well as offer spectacle, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs could prove the third time really is the charm.
    It involves some of the best use of 3-D I've seen in an animated feature. It also introduces a masterstroke that essentially allows the series to take place anywhere: There is this land beneath the surface of the earth, you see...