Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 1, 2009
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 218 Ratings
Watch Now
EpicLadySpongeJan 29, 2016
Usually the strongest sequel installment for just this time period... or will it be? That answer will be confirmed by the time Collision Course gets released. Scrat > Everything else.
CineAutoctonoJul 25, 2015
Well here 's good movie boring the first minute and then a really interesting split decisions , no more until the dinosaurs came out as guests LOL ! That joke so frightening .
ZilcellMay 11, 2012
I didn't expect this. The story of Ice Age is more outrageous than ever. There is a bit more action in this one as it introduces dinosaur characters.
FranzHcriticJan 28, 2014
More mundane, incoherent, and jumbled-up than any of the first two, 'Dawn of Dinosaurs' is an unnecessary sequel that permanently destroys the franchise, and any sequels.
FuturedirectorMar 19, 2016
Ice Age Dawn of Dinosaurs is some kind of illogical and unremarkable characters. But it has interesting story-telling, inventive plot and a great sequel for a good saga as this. Sadly, is not enough for be good movie anyway.
heyitsmegrif4Jan 2, 2012
I enjoyed it more than the first two, but as a piece of storytelling it is bad. But boy is the squirrel hilarious not enough to have a spin- off but to almost make this movie work. I give this movie 49%.
OfficialMar 8, 2014
The use of 3-D in this film is fantastic. The ultimate disappointment in this movie is that the jokes seem all recycled and too cliché. It's still intelligent in several places, mind you, and is recommended for kids who enjoyed the first two.
RayzorMooseNov 16, 2013
Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
The movie isn't by any means spectacular, and can be tiresome at times. The very fact that its Ice Age 3 alone will have many irritated to say the least. It succeeds its comic aspect mainly do to the introduction of a few new characters that are very successful. The adventure exceeds the meltdown and the film flourishes at times. Overall its not good but it keeps from being roadkill.
gameguardian21Aug 6, 2016
When I saw the trailer for this movie I asked myself, was there a need for another sequal. The awenser was no, not really. While this movie isn't terrible, it just kind of feels like the same movie again. And while it has it's moments, mostWhen I saw the trailer for this movie I asked myself, was there a need for another sequal. The awenser was no, not really. While this movie isn't terrible, it just kind of feels like the same movie again. And while it has it's moments, most of it is just kind of boring to me. Expand
DavidTejadaApr 13, 2017
How stupid the storytelling was, but how much fun I had in there. Ice Age 3 is so incoherent that I would have given it immediately a bad score. But if we compare this with the predecessors, it's the most fun film and the only one thatHow stupid the storytelling was, but how much fun I had in there. Ice Age 3 is so incoherent that I would have given it immediately a bad score. But if we compare this with the predecessors, it's the most fun film and the only one that provided me good laughs. After many years we can see the pleasant gang together once more. Also what I loved was the improved visual effects, not only the dinosaurs but also the characters. It's a fun popcorn-movie in those terms. However I think the silliness and the immaturity is so much that didn't make me enjoy the movie at all (just take the part when Sid enters to the dinosaur's nose, EW!!!!!!) and don't remember me the hide adult joke between Many and Diego. So, it's just pleasant :P (60%) Expand
MichaelDFeb 24, 2011
The movie was ok. Humour wasn't good but at least it was watchable.
aaronpaul121May 28, 2012
The graphics are great, especially in 3-D. The plot is okay but boring. The characters and the voice acting is terrible. Ice Age 3 was generally a descent film, but its predecessors are way better.........
Delaforce828Oct 14, 2014
The third Ice Age is unfortunately a little bit worse, and feels unrealistic and might confuse kids about actuality, I'll admit that the dinosaurs look cool, and some of the fight scenes are really well done, but other than that there's just nothing.
JudddyOct 4, 2010
This film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting downThis film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smile on my face. It had its moments, but overall I thought this was a bore. Expand
PixarloverOct 25, 2012
This film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movieThis film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just not great.

However Scrat will always be the star of the series. He's like Wile E. Coyote except with an acorn and without a "genius" mind.
RobBob6197Jul 22, 2016
I used to like this film as a kid. But as a grown-up, it's just a bit dull. Most of the focus is put in the action and the comedy, which isn't really a bad thing. But unfortunately, the characters end up being bland.

Not everything is lost

Not everything is lost though. There are some enjoyable aspects to it, like the animation and Buck.
ImSpidey2Jul 23, 2012
It's probably the worst Ice Age movie I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean I think it's BAD. But comparing the first one with this one, it has NOTHING on the first movie. But still, it's good, but the franchise is focusing on humor moreIt's probably the worst Ice Age movie I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean I think it's BAD. But comparing the first one with this one, it has NOTHING on the first movie. But still, it's good, but the franchise is focusing on humor more and more and less and less on charm and emotion.

Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character
Cons: Lacks most of the charm and emotion the first one has
ChadSJul 2, 2009
[***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was [***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was last seen in the clutches of a mama T. rex. As it turns out, Buck(Simon Pegg), the Captain Ahab-like weasel, of all "people", makes the salient point that Manny(Ray Romano), the expectant father-to-be, is risking it all for a sloth, and an emotionally unstable one at that. After all, he's a dinosaur-napper. In response to the wooly mammoths' marital bliss, and looming inception of a calf, Sid turns to his maternal side(despite being a dude) and steals three eggs from an unguarded nest in an ice cave(which makes him the Pleistocene era equivalent of a felon), just like a barren woman at her most desperate. Women who snatch children out of baby carriages employ their own skewered cognizance of the situation in order to justify the exploit, which frees them from owning up to the crime. This seems to be the case with Sid. The sloth is no Anna Paquin(in Carroll Ballard's "Fly Away Home"); he sees what he wants to see. If Sid had a more paternalistic side, procreation via f***ing a fairer sloth would be his main concern, not raising somebody else's children(he'd also eat the eggs). During his existential crisis, the sloth talks about looking for a new herd, without any mention of finding a mate. Interestingly enough, the sloth gives an unsuspecting ram a hand job(inspired by Peter and Bobby Farrelly's "Kingpin"), which Sid claims was a case of mistaken identity, as he was merely trying to satiate his kids' thirst for fresh milk. "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs", albeit heavily bent towards action over story, does contain the inspiring message that sloths matter, even better, that ambiguous sloths matter too. But unfortunately, the film is hopelessly patriarchial. Although Sid took the T. rex's children, she forgives him, much too easily, and even made to suffer the sloth's own parental advice on what her babies should eat. Expand
1 of 2 users found this helpful
JoshuaP.Jul 3, 2009
Not as good as the first and second, but still enjoyable.
ChrisCAug 15, 2009
It just didn't feel like a fully-fledged sequel to me. More like some kind of inane side story. Like two back-to-back episodes of a TV series. Occasionally it felt strained but it had its moments. The plot itself requires heavy It just didn't feel like a fully-fledged sequel to me. More like some kind of inane side story. Like two back-to-back episodes of a TV series. Occasionally it felt strained but it had its moments. The plot itself requires heavy suspension of disbelief and the screenplay doesn't do an amazing job of easing you into it. Expand
XavierEJul 11, 2009
Very average and boring. The humor is lacking and will ONLY appeal to little kids.
MisterEpicJul 15, 2009
It looks like they removed 95% of the "Ice Age" humor. I just laughed a little bit on this 3rd movie. Scrat is now boring since he found a female squirrel. I didn't like that movie. The 2nd one is still the best.
EnzoP.Jul 9, 2009
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs is actually a so so family film. That's because their are some dirty jokes for kids. But other then that it was alright. Unlike the first two this was a movie that would be better of renting.
EvanSNov 6, 2009
Ice Age 3 was okay, but not the best. I liked the first two a lot better, because I thought they had better storylines than this. I'm just not a dinosaur person. That is my opinion and I'm intitled to it. I'll get it on DVD, Ice Age 3 was okay, but not the best. I liked the first two a lot better, because I thought they had better storylines than this. I'm just not a dinosaur person. That is my opinion and I'm intitled to it. I'll get it on DVD, but I won't watch it all the time. Expand
4 of 5 users found this helpful