6.9

1. joeyk
    Jul 2, 2009
    A great family movie, for anyone, don't believe the critics!
  2. SamJ.
    Jul 5, 2009
    The first 2 films were great, but this one is just awesome, me and my friends (15-16 years old) were laughing all the way through the entire film. It's got a nice mixture of things the younger audience will like and those that like plenty of ruder jokes to keep the dirtier minded happy. Should please the members of the audience with an actual sense of humour. 10/10 easily for pure The first 2 films were great, but this one is just awesome, me and my friends (15-16 years old) were laughing all the way through the entire film. It's got a nice mixture of things the younger audience will like and those that like plenty of ruder jokes to keep the dirtier minded happy. Should please the members of the audience with an actual sense of humour. 10/10 easily for pure hilarity and great action. Expand
  3. JimmyJ
    Aug 6, 2009
    Oh yeah! This plot is pure genius!!!! I'm 18 and I loved it. T his was well worth it it just sucks that i got kicked out five minutes into the movie because they realized I was the guy who was banned for throwing popcorn at the scree and dancing in front of it while i was watching ORphan.
  4. IndoboysJava
    Jul 18, 2009
    Ice age 3 is the best of the three, the technology was amazing, BUCK RULE!
  5. IndoboysJava
    Jul 18, 2009
    Ice age 3 is the best of the three, the technology was amazing, BUCK RULE!
  6. SeriE
    Jul 21, 2009
    The first 20 minutes or so are boring as hell, and will have you wanting to leave the theatre. However, once the gang goes underground into the dinosaur world it starts to get really interesting and funny. 3 new characters are added them being Buck (a weasel who lives in the underground dinosaur world trying to kill the biggest, baddest dinosaur Rudy) Peaches (Manny and Ellie's The first 20 minutes or so are boring as hell, and will have you wanting to leave the theatre. However, once the gang goes underground into the dinosaur world it starts to get really interesting and funny. 3 new characters are added them being Buck (a weasel who lives in the underground dinosaur world trying to kill the biggest, baddest dinosaur Rudy) Peaches (Manny and Ellie's daughter) and the nameless squirel rat thing who plays the love of Scrat. In fact, the one thing I hated about this movie was that Scrat became incredibly boring. Oh well, it was a pretty awesome movie and I definetely recommend it to any fan of the series, kids, or even adults! Oh and by the way, you don't need to see it in 3D for it to be good. AND, I personally think it's the best of the trilogy. Expand
  7. Feb 11, 2012
    The first 20 minutes or so are boring as hell, and will have you wanting to leave the theatre. However, once the gang goes underground into the dinosaur world it starts to get really interesting and funny. 3 new characters are added them being Buck (a weasel who lives in the underground dinosaur world trying to kill the biggest, baddest dinosaur Rudy) Peaches (Manny and Ellie's daughter)The first 20 minutes or so are boring as hell, and will have you wanting to leave the theatre. However, once the gang goes underground into the dinosaur world it starts to get really interesting and funny. 3 new characters are added them being Buck (a weasel who lives in the underground dinosaur world trying to kill the biggest, baddest dinosaur Rudy) Peaches (Manny and Ellie's daughter) and the nameless squirel rat thing who plays the love of Scrat. In fact, the one thing I hated about this movie was that Scrat became incredibly boring. Oh well, it was a pretty awesome movie and I definetely recommend it to any fan of the series, kids, or even adults! Oh and by the way, you don't need to see it in 3D for it to be good. AND, I personally think it's the best of the trilogy. Expand
    Jul 10, 2009
    Don't believe what the critics say, This is a very enjoyable movie with totally memorable characters. The 3-D is exceptional and truly brings the story to life.
  9. Mattprime86
    Jul 11, 2009
    See This Movie! Its not as memorable as the first film granted, but it is just as close as it can get for a threequel. Hilarious the entire way through, this is a great movie to watch alone or even better with friends.
  10. VF
    Jul 29, 2009
    I went into the AMC expecting a shitflick (I have bad experience with sequels), but it turned out to be a high quality movie with an appreciable plot and lots of humor. The only thing that spoiled it was the hordes of little kids in the audience that refused to shut up.
  11. DaveH
    Dec 5, 2009
    The film is one of the greatest animated films made, with the new character Buck and lots of adult jokes in it, it really is obvious that Blue Sky put some effort on it.
  12. VictorN
    Jul 13, 2009
    It is one of the best 3D movies I've ever seen, but yet I have to admit that it has its problems. But those problems aren't enough to ruin you experience. So don't mind the critics, they're all wrong, go watch this movie first and then try to judge it. Biased reviewers all over the world helped to the overall score of this movie (50), let's show them that we know It is one of the best 3D movies I've ever seen, but yet I have to admit that it has its problems. But those problems aren't enough to ruin you experience. So don't mind the critics, they're all wrong, go watch this movie first and then try to judge it. Biased reviewers all over the world helped to the overall score of this movie (50), let's show them that we know the truth. Expand
  13. Mar 13, 2013
    Great adventure, super story and great fun with Manny,Sid,Diego,Elly,Crash,Eddie and Buck! This movie is just awesome! The age doesn't matter, i recommend it to all kids,teens,adults! The only thing is, how/why/ the dinosaurs live underground?Also i think this part should be called "Dinosaur Age" because there was no ice in the 80% of the movie. But that's not really a issues at all! IGreat adventure, super story and great fun with Manny,Sid,Diego,Elly,Crash,Eddie and Buck! This movie is just awesome! The age doesn't matter, i recommend it to all kids,teens,adults! The only thing is, how/why/ the dinosaurs live underground?Also i think this part should be called "Dinosaur Age" because there was no ice in the 80% of the movie. But that's not really a issues at all! I think it's a must watch for all people who love to be positive and who love fun! My final score is 9/10 Expand
  14. JacobL
    Jul 12, 2009
    Probably the best in the series by far; incredible visuals and probably some of the best jokes in the series such as "I thought you were a female"
  15. MateoG.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Nice movie, it makes you laugh a lot... And I'm not a fan of animated films...Pretty Enjoyable for everyone.
  16. JoradT
    Jul 10, 2009
    Still great. Not as good as the first but better than the second in my opinion. The story was definately improved from the second. The animation was great and even better when seen in 3D especially the moment they enter the dinosaur world. The detail is phenomenal. The humour is still there in most of it's glory but it's wearing off a bit. Scrat just doesn't seem as funny Still great. Not as good as the first but better than the second in my opinion. The story was definately improved from the second. The animation was great and even better when seen in 3D especially the moment they enter the dinosaur world. The detail is phenomenal. The humour is still there in most of it's glory but it's wearing off a bit. Scrat just doesn't seem as funny any more. But other than that I think the movie is really good and the new character, Buck,a weasel voiced by Simon Pegg is hilarious. Expand
  17. JamesM
    Jul 14, 2009
    I am not a really big fan of Ice age,but I thought out of all three movies this one was the best if I had to pick my favorite charactor from this movie it would be Sid.
  18. BrentK
    Jul 14, 2009
    Went to go see this with the kids and enjoyed it. Like most people are saying, don't mind the jaded critics who watch movies all day. Nothing deep, but it was fun, I was never insulted or bored as many other (including "grown up movies") make me..
  19. Uki
    Jul 19, 2009
    Don't usually go for cartoons, but really enjoyed this one. Definitely the best out of the three and the visuals and 3D were great. If you are a parent your kids will love it. Critics need to chill out and take this animation for what it is! Great way to pass your Saturday afternoon.
  20. Jan 29, 2013
    A better Ice Age movie than the poorly made predesscors. Charcaters are funny and story will touch your heart. The best Ice Age movie. Also, more comedy than the early movie Ice Age 2. And finally it is set somewhere instead the Ice Age boring setting, the ice.
  21. Feb 21, 2013
    I just can not believed that the crittics gave this movies such a bad rating. This film is funny, but at the ending is not so well
  22. Oct 9, 2014
    Having seen only this and the original with my son, I can say we both really enjoyed them each, and about equally. I caution them against further sequels, as they may soon be running out of fresh ideas.
  23. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is second film series that I did a personal research on and there are many negative reviews. I don't understand why most film critics and movie reviewers don't like this film. It is understandable for the first two films as there are plenty of shortcomings but this film is certainly so much better than predecessors. Not to mention, this film series is also rightfully children films; you can't expect it not to be lovable and be more appealing to children. There are already thousands of films out there that are more appealing to adults more than children and while their opinions may not affect all the audience worldwide... Come on, don't be harsh! D;

Anyway, kudos to Blue Sky Studios. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) is a delightful sequel and a very pleasant one. I love how the characters has been improved and developed since the last film and I liked this version of them, especially Manny and Ellie! There are also even more prehistoric baby animals in this film, I loved the baby mammoth and baby dinosaurs so much; they are so cute! How not to become a fan of Ice Age after watching this? T-T

Okay, moving away from commenting based personal likings, this film has beautiful visuals and an interesting world inspired by prehistoric times. Each film they introduce more distinct characters and add more spice to it; the plot is simple but fun to watch. It is truly a great pleasure to watch them again many days ago just to write on this!

On who will like this... If you liked their first and second film, you'll find yourself liking this film. Majority of people can never have enough of Scrat so people who loved him and prehistoric lovers will love this film too!

If you have never watched the Ice Age films, I would recommend you to watch this first as the first two films may be dead boring for you mature movie lovers.
  24. JayH
    Oct 23, 2009
    Well animated and it has an excellent pace, it
  25. TDKinDallas
    Jul 1, 2009
    Not a bad flick. I don't remember liking the first one, skipped the second one and the only reason I went to see this one was because it was a "sneak preview" that started right after the movie I had gone to see and it was in 3D. I recommend seeing this one in 3D as it was worth the extra couple dollars. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The story was really stupid and Not a bad flick. I don't remember liking the first one, skipped the second one and the only reason I went to see this one was because it was a "sneak preview" that started right after the movie I had gone to see and it was in 3D. I recommend seeing this one in 3D as it was worth the extra couple dollars. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The story was really stupid and didn't make any sense (dinosaurs living under the ice???), but it kept me interested the entire movie, partly because of the hilarious side story with the acorn loving animal and an excellent job by Simon Pegg as Buck the weasel(I just got done watching his TV show "Spaced" so maybe I am a little partial), who I had no idea was going to be in the movie. This movie also did a wonderful job of keeping everyone in the audience interested. The theater was packed and the only things you heard besides the movie was popcorn chomping and laughter, lots of laughter. Definitely worth seeing at the theater if you were considering it. Expand
  26. HyperS
    Jul 9, 2009
    Pretty much what you'd expect it to be. The novelty has long worn off, but Sid and Scrat still manage to get a few laughs and the movie is fast paced enough to hold one's attention (even if the story is rather weak). The Australian (??) weasel is the main new character and not much to write home about... there are a few dinosaurs so that added a little spice.
  27. SujayJ
    Jul 16, 2009
    Really good movie. and its really funny. I don't agree with the critics.
  28. Oct 29, 2010
    another sequel? wow. 20th Century must be very good at making sequels. so, our lovable heroes from the first two movies come face to face with Dinosaurs. thats quite impressive. whats my opinion of it? well, its... (gasp) HOLY CRAP!! it made so much money? dang. people must like this movie. where was I? oh, yes. well, the storyline was monotonous, but the animation was quite amusing andanother sequel? wow. 20th Century must be very good at making sequels. so, our lovable heroes from the first two movies come face to face with Dinosaurs. thats quite impressive. whats my opinion of it? well, its... (gasp) HOLY CRAP!! it made so much money? dang. people must like this movie. where was I? oh, yes. well, the storyline was monotonous, but the animation was quite amusing and the characters were perfect. its a fast-paced sequel that kids will love.

Rating: 7/10
  29. Mar 26, 2011
    After the second movie let me down I wasn't looking forward to this, but it's humor aand the fact that the characters are once again enjoyable made this an enjoyable movie for me, the story also isn't half bad, while you shouldn't expect it to be as good as the first it is still a good movie.
  30. Oct 2, 2011
    although the jokes aren't really funny, the characters ultimately work and i especially liked the ending. in the end, ice age 3 was fun.
  31. Dec 2, 2012
    Better then Ice Age 2 but still flawed. Buck, the newest character in the Ice Age series, is very likeable and funny. The plot is a little generic but easy to look past because it's mature like the first film's plot (The first film was taking care of a baby, The third is about growing up). It's funny, like all Ice Age films. The only problems I had with it was that it was a littleBetter then Ice Age 2 but still flawed. Buck, the newest character in the Ice Age series, is very likeable and funny. The plot is a little generic but easy to look past because it's mature like the first film's plot (The first film was taking care of a baby, The third is about growing up). It's funny, like all Ice Age films. The only problems I had with it was that it was a little anti-climactic and at times rather predictable. Besides that, It's definently a step up from the second film. Expand
  32. Feb 4, 2013
    The movie is good, but it is the worst of the series, but spend some time seeing it.
  33. Mar 24, 2013
    Simon Pegg joins the cast when the group accidentally lands themselves into an underground world full of dinosaurs that were supposed to be long dead. Humorous and good for kids, this was the last Ice Age film to impress me.
  34. Apr 2, 2014
    ice age trilogy is creative and great bu the sequel was kinda thrilling . this is worth watching for
    Grade for ice age 3 B+
    Grade for ice age 4 C+
    .......
  35. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. É legal e tem uma boa história, mas é o mais fraco de toda a franquia. Um bom filme para assistir sempre,mas eu não recomendo muito. Você pode tirar proveito da história da dinossaura e Sid e do nascimento da Amora. Expand
  36. Mar 11, 2015
    The plot is fairly predictable and some of the gags are tired but this is still a funny, good-hearted movie. Rather than relying solely on the film's main characters, the writers have given Crash and Eddie more room to create laughs and the new character, Buck, is too looney for words. As with most movie franchises, by #3, this one's gotten a little tired. But "Dawn of the Dinosaurs" givesThe plot is fairly predictable and some of the gags are tired but this is still a funny, good-hearted movie. Rather than relying solely on the film's main characters, the writers have given Crash and Eddie more room to create laughs and the new character, Buck, is too looney for words. As with most movie franchises, by #3, this one's gotten a little tired. But "Dawn of the Dinosaurs" gives Manny and Co one last (we hope especially for Scrat) and genuinely amusing, outing. A fun family film. Expand
  37. ChadS
    Jul 2, 2009
    [***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was last seen in the clutches of a mama T. rex. As it turns out, Buck(Simon Pegg), the Captain Ahab-like weasel, of all "people", makes the salient point [***SELF-CONTAINED SPOILER ALERT***] Sloths matter too. The sloth is so important to the wooly mammoth, he brings his pregnant wife along on a rescue mission to find Sid(John Leguizamo), the sloth with a gender-identity disorder, who was last seen in the clutches of a mama T. rex. As it turns out, Buck(Simon Pegg), the Captain Ahab-like weasel, of all "people", makes the salient point that Manny(Ray Romano), the expectant father-to-be, is risking it all for a sloth, and an emotionally unstable one at that. After all, he's a dinosaur-napper. In response to the wooly mammoths' marital bliss, and looming inception of a calf, Sid turns to his maternal side(despite being a dude) and steals three eggs from an unguarded nest in an ice cave(which makes him the Pleistocene era equivalent of a felon), just like a barren woman at her most desperate. Women who snatch children out of baby carriages employ their own skewered cognizance of the situation in order to justify the exploit, which frees them from owning up to the crime. This seems to be the case with Sid. The sloth is no Anna Paquin(in Carroll Ballard's "Fly Away Home"); he sees what he wants to see. If Sid had a more paternalistic side, procreation via f***ing a fairer sloth would be his main concern, not raising somebody else's children(he'd also eat the eggs). During his existential crisis, the sloth talks about looking for a new herd, without any mention of finding a mate. Interestingly enough, the sloth gives an unsuspecting ram a hand job(inspired by Peter and Bobby Farrelly's "Kingpin"), which Sid claims was a case of mistaken identity, as he was merely trying to satiate his kids' thirst for fresh milk. "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs", albeit heavily bent towards action over story, does contain the inspiring message that sloths matter, even better, that ambiguous sloths matter too. But unfortunately, the film is hopelessly patriarchial. Although Sid took the T. rex's children, she forgives him, much too easily, and even made to suffer the sloth's own parental advice on what her babies should eat. Expand
  38. JoshuaP.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Not as good as the first and second, but still enjoyable.
  39. Oct 25, 2012
    This film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just notThis film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just not great.

However Scrat will always be the star of the series. He's like Wile E. Coyote except with an acorn and without a "genius" mind.
  40. Feb 24, 2011
    The movie was ok. Humour wasn't good but at least it was watchable.
  41. May 11, 2012
    I didn't expect this. The story of Ice Age is more outrageous than ever. There is a bit more action in this one as it introduces dinosaur characters.
  42. Mar 8, 2014
    The use of 3-D in this film is fantastic. The ultimate disappointment in this movie is that the jokes seem all recycled and too cliché. It's still intelligent in several places, mind you, and is recommended for kids who enjoyed the first two.
  43. Jul 23, 2012
    It's probably the worst Ice Age movie I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean I think it's BAD. But comparing the first one with this one, it has NOTHING on the first movie. But still, it's good, but the franchise is focusing on humor more and more and less and less on charm and emotion.

6/10 Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character Cons: Lacks most

Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character
    Cons: Lacks most of the charm and emotion the first one has
  44. ChrisC
    Aug 15, 2009
    It just didn't feel like a fully-fledged sequel to me. More like some kind of inane side story. Like two back-to-back episodes of a TV series. Occasionally it felt strained but it had its moments. The plot itself requires heavy suspension of disbelief and the screenplay doesn't do an amazing job of easing you into it.
  45. XavierE
    Jul 11, 2009
    Very average and boring. The humor is lacking and will ONLY appeal to little kids.
  46. MisterEpic
    Jul 15, 2009
    It looks like they removed 95% of the "Ice Age" humor. I just laughed a little bit on this 3rd movie. Scrat is now boring since he found a female squirrel. I didn't like that movie. The 2nd one is still the best.
  47. EnzoP.
    Jul 9, 2009
    Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs is actually a so so family film. That's because their are some dirty jokes for kids. But other then that it was alright. Unlike the first two this was a movie that would be better of renting.
  48. EvanS
    Nov 6, 2009
    Ice Age 3 was okay, but not the best. I liked the first two a lot better, because I thought they had better storylines than this. I'm just not a dinosaur person. That is my opinion and I'm intitled to it. I'll get it on DVD, but I won't watch it all the time.
  49. Jan 2, 2012
    I enjoyed it more than the first two, but as a piece of storytelling it is bad. But boy is the squirrel hilarious not enough to have a spin- off but to almost make this movie work. I give this movie 49%.
  50. Oct 4, 2010
    This film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smileThis film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smile on my face. It had its moments, but overall I thought this was a bore. Expand
  51. May 28, 2012
    The graphics are great, especially in 3-D. The plot is okay but boring. The characters and the voice acting is terrible. Ice Age 3 was generally a descent film, but its predecessors are way better.........
  52. Jan 5, 2013
    Comeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie areComeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie are excited for their baby and Sid is jealous, so he goes taking 3 Dinosaur eggs to look after them, but he doesn't know how to (obviously) and it turns into a disaster and Sid is taken away, but I think they just ran out of ideas during the script or decided that 1 Dinosaur was appropriate and no other Dinosaurs to get in the way of the search for Sid and that they would have to avoid them, and then they could just not think of much, you will watch this and forget a lot of this in the end and it annoys me they don't even travel far in the underground world. There is only 2 dinosaurs the 2nd one turns up for a minute in the end to attack, it's stupid and a big contradiction towards the title and direction "DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS" a big step back for the Ice Age series. This is supposed to be the underground Dinosaur world not a jungle that happens to have a Dinosaur making babies, I expected better, we should all expect better than this. I like the story, Sid is entertaining and they had great ideas for Ice Age, but they just could not handle it well and especially screwed it up only putting in 1 Dinosaur and no others throughout and that's the main problem. Expand
  53. Jan 28, 2014
    More mundane, incoherent, and jumbled-up than any of the first two, 'Dawn of Dinosaurs' is an unnecessary sequel that permanently destroys the franchise, and any sequels.
  54. Nov 16, 2013
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    The movie isn't by any means spectacular, and can be tiresome at times. The very fact that its Ice Age 3 alone will have many irritated to say the least. It succeeds its comic aspect mainly do to the introduction of a few new characters that are very successful. The adventure exceeds the meltdown and the film flourishes at times. Overall its not good but it keeps from being roadkill.
  55. Oct 14, 2014
    The third Ice Age is unfortunately a little bit worse, and feels unrealistic and might confuse kids about actuality, I'll admit that the dinosaurs look cool, and some of the fight scenes are really well done, but other than that there's just nothing.
  56. JimboH.
    Jul 16, 2009
    Cliche, predictable, stolen... err, borrowed humor, childish writing, and frankly too much camera time on the not so likable possoms make this one difficult to watch for adults and fans of the earlier films. The 3D is good but unless this is your first experience with a 3D movie ever its difficult to recommend this. Children will probably like it, but I can't imagine anyone liking Cliche, predictable, stolen... err, borrowed humor, childish writing, and frankly too much camera time on the not so likable possoms make this one difficult to watch for adults and fans of the earlier films. The 3D is good but unless this is your first experience with a 3D movie ever its difficult to recommend this. Children will probably like it, but I can't imagine anyone liking the very very slow humorless, actionless beginning. Case in point on the writing: "Yaba-daba-doo!" "Don't you yaba-daba-do that again!" and other groaners. Expand
  57. AdrianM.
    Jul 2, 2009
    Basic plot line and heavily lacking originality, even for a children's movie. Then again some humor around scrat and sid which was enjoyable. All in all, not worth your money unless you or your kids are hardcore ice age fans.
  58. StanM
    Jul 23, 2009
    Ice Age has worn out its welcome. The humor is dry, boring and if you're an adult sitting through this - you'll be thoroughly bored unless you still find humor from the 70's, 80's and 90's Saturday cartoon funny. The characters, especially the opossums and the new rodent (can't remember what he was... and honestly don't care) are mind numbingly annoying Ice Age has worn out its welcome. The humor is dry, boring and if you're an adult sitting through this - you'll be thoroughly bored unless you still find humor from the 70's, 80's and 90's Saturday cartoon funny. The characters, especially the opossums and the new rodent (can't remember what he was... and honestly don't care) are mind numbingly annoying and even the Saber Tooth played by Leary doesn't even seem into his character anymore. There were kids in the theater who seemed even bored by it - running around playing tag about halfway through. The 3D is the gimmick kind, IE: people pointing at the screen, etc. Pixar has definitely mastered 3D in subtle ways with their recent release of Up, Ice Age 3D - however - seems to fall in the same category as Shrek the Third or the utterly horrendous Monsters Vs. Aliens. After seeing this - I'm ready for a meteor to end this series. Final Note: The plot and how they eventually get to this dino world is absolutely ridiculous. Dumb even for a childrens film. Expand
  59. Jan 12, 2013
    Ridiculously predictable, corny and extremely childish, Ice Age 3 can only be enjoyed by children or the childish. This movie truly sucks in as many aspects I can think of.
  60. CriticVidal
    Oct 17, 2009
    This movie sucks as my ass does. I would have scored it a 3, but the characters just...ticked me off.
  61. ShaneB
    Nov 27, 2009
    Ice Age sequels should have been left alone. This film, as well as it's predecessor, were full of tripe.
  62. JaysonL.
    Jul 30, 2009
    Am i the only one thinking that it shouldn't be ice age - dawn of the dinosaurs? Dinos were before the ice age. This movie is just ridiculous.

1. Pretty much any sign of creative life gets left out in the cold in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, the monotonous, strictly by-the-numbers third edition of the wildly lucrative digitally animated franchise.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    With appreciably greater emphasis on action than its predecessors, and clever use of 3-D trickery to enhance storytelling as well as offer spectacle, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs could prove the third time really is the charm.
    It involves some of the best use of 3-D I've seen in an animated feature. It also introduces a masterstroke that essentially allows the series to take place anywhere: There is this land beneath the surface of the earth, you see...