Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 31, 2006
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 239 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DarrenOct 7, 2010
There have been many CGI animated films and a huge wave of them started to flood Hollywood starting in 2006. The reason? When Shrek 2 made $910 million worldwide everyone got interested in it... but what about this movie? Why am I giving it aThere have been many CGI animated films and a huge wave of them started to flood Hollywood starting in 2006. The reason? When Shrek 2 made $910 million worldwide everyone got interested in it... but what about this movie? Why am I giving it a 10/10? The movie isn't flawless as I feel it won't appeal to a lot of people, but this is a groundbreaking CGI animated film. This is the first animated movie that created actual expressive characters, it wasn't just a collection of billions of polygons but characters felt ALIVE. The film's plot is a magical retelling of Noah's Ark biblical story and will please animated movie fans and young kids. Expand
TommyD.Mar 31, 2006
This was a great movie i'm am just a kid and i thought it was great.
BelloR.Apr 13, 2006
the first one was an experiment, the second one is in process to be an excelent movie!. Third will be the best?
MegB.Apr 6, 2006
Great entertainment, better than I expected based on the reviews. Funny and cute, very similar to the first film with more footage of Scrat and the acorn!
ScrattyApr 6, 2006
Funny, original, crazy!, dont follow disney's cliches, an animated movie for all ages, dont lose it.
MarcoR.Apr 9, 2006
Excelente película, la mejor producción venezolana de los últimos tiempos en cuanto a calidad de producción. La trama refleja una de las crudas realidades de Venezuela, la cual son los secuestros; y que tiene muy Excelente película, la mejor producción venezolana de los últimos tiempos en cuanto a calidad de producción. La trama refleja una de las crudas realidades de Venezuela, la cual son los secuestros; y que tiene muy recientes ejemplos con el caso Sindoni y el caso de los hermanos Faddoul. Los actores son buenos, pero no excelentes, y a veces caen en la exageración del palabrerio, pero cumplen la función principal, que es la de demostrar roles de la sociedad venezolana, que son impalpables para quienes viven fuera de los barrios más peligrosos de Caracas. La historia no me sorprende, de hecho es muy predecible, aburrida y poco imaginativa; porque los secuestrados caen una y otra vez en momentos de angustía y desesperación, que solo una persona maldita con la mala suerte puede conseguir. La historia pudo haber sido mucho mejor. Expand
BubbleM.Jul 6, 2006
Someone told me that this movie was good but not better than the first, but they were wrong. It's just about the same as the first: a great, family comedy that's worth watching.
DavidG.Mar 27, 2006
I thought it was better than the first film. Very funny. I saw a screening with a group in our mid-20s and we all loved it. Queen Latifah is hilarious.
ColinA.Mar 27, 2006
Loved it. Better than any movie Dreamworks has made to date.
BellaApr 11, 2006
Dont listen critics cause movies are made to forget regrets and pain, let yourself to raise to a cloud of good entertainment and lauhgs. An excelent movie.
GaborA.Apr 10, 2006
Not as good as the original. The two main problems are lack of story and Diego who used to be the straight forward sharp comic of the group has no moments leaving only silly Sid and company visual gags. But then again its Ice Age, still Not as good as the original. The two main problems are lack of story and Diego who used to be the straight forward sharp comic of the group has no moments leaving only silly Sid and company visual gags. But then again its Ice Age, still awesome, when's 3 coming out? Expand
ToppingApr 10, 2006
Poor Minds of those critics, some lose the ability of enjoy a innocent Story... is sad because they give good rates to war movies ( or related to sex ). This is magic. 10
FrenchyApr 10, 2006
Good movie, good recommendation. Dont miss it.
BabyT.Apr 13, 2006
My whole famaly and I really enjoyed this fantastic and funny animation!, its great.
SallyF.Apr 10, 2006
Who listens to critics. I loved it from the moment it started. Sid is great, Diego is tops, Manny is inspiring, but Skritch is the Best! Queen Latifah was cute, worked for me, loved it all.
SarahT.Apr 10, 2006
Wow, what a movie.
TonyL.Apr 5, 2006
I thought the first one was better. But this sequel is not a bad one to spend your money on. They should give the possums their own movie.
GaryM.Apr 7, 2006
What a great sequel -- Fun way to spend a Saturday with plenty of laughs. Forget the critics, they take themselves too seriously.
CarlC.Apr 9, 2006
It was pretty cool. I really liked it.
ChapuzónApr 9, 2006
Has everything to be a blockbuster and fight for best animated pic next oscars, only Cars can be superior... but maybe it wont.
MoreiceApr 9, 2006
Yes!!, they dont forget any character, you can see their evolutions, a very movie to enjoy again and again.
FattyApr 9, 2006
I already want my dvd of this amazing movie!. Good story.
BMDec 29, 2006
Superb animation, great characters, and just darn funny! If you loved the original you will love this. And to those who have moaned about the story and plot, come on! This isn't 'The Godfather Part II'. It's a movie for Superb animation, great characters, and just darn funny! If you loved the original you will love this. And to those who have moaned about the story and plot, come on! This isn't 'The Godfather Part II'. It's a movie for kids and the kid in all of us. Just forget your problems for 90 minutes and let yourself laugh like a kid again. Expand
GordonG.Apr 11, 2006
The whole family went, the whole family (6 to 58) were cracking up laughing for virtually the entire movie. Critics take themselves far too seriously and actually believe that people are influenced by their drivel.
MarkBayerApr 10, 2006
It would be easy just to summarize this enjoyable sequel to Blue Sky's CGI-animated blockbuster as the ultimate "if you liked Numero Uno, ditto with Numero Dos" movie, but some special congratulations are in order. After Blue Sky scored It would be easy just to summarize this enjoyable sequel to Blue Sky's CGI-animated blockbuster as the ultimate "if you liked Numero Uno, ditto with Numero Dos" movie, but some special congratulations are in order. After Blue Sky scored with the original, they made the disastrous mistake of trying to top themselves in all the wrong ways, and as a result we got Robots, a visually outlandish but criminally underwritten (and thoroughly unattractive and unappealing) farrago crammed with witless, desperate pop-culture one-liners and gratuitous but completely indistinctive celebrity voice casting. Praise the heavens that the writers, animators, designers (and let's be honest about it, the bean counters too) at Blue Sky at least temporarily renounced the errors of their ways and returned to what served them so well in the original Ice Age: restrained but effective visuals, solid scripting, plotting and gagwriting, distinctive and appealing characterizations, and vocal choices made with almost laser- (or Pixar-) like precision. Many adults (and pretty much ALL kids) know the drill by now: irascible saber-toother tiger Diego, morose mammoth Manny, and friendly but irritating sloth Sid make a trek from Point A to Point B, fighting the elements, various other creatures, and sometimes each other, along the way; it's simple, but it works. Denis Leary is a tad underused this time as Diego, but John Leguizamo's natural a-little-bit-of-him-goes-a-long-way qualities are perfect for Sid, and Ray Romano makes the widowed Manny wonderfully Eeyore-like. An added romantic element is effortlessly inserted as Manny attempts to kindle an on-again, off-again romance with lady mammoth Ellie (a typically witty and charismatic Queen Latifah) that's constantly roadblocked by his memories of the past and her utter conviction that she's a possum. (For the second time in a row in an Ice Age movie, we get some Traumatic Mammoth Flashback Footage that provides backstory, but if your little one couldn't take Dumbo's heartbreaking seperation from his mom, best take him or her out for an obligatory bathroom break.) It's a real compliment to Romano, Latifah and their writers that this subplot manages to contain more urgency and rooting interest than is evident in 90% of the live-action romcoms released in the last 5 years. All this, and a delicious back-comic musical sequence performed by vultures, too! And no, I haven't forgotten Scrat, the scruffy little squirrel-rat whose perpetually twitchy demeanor suggests that of a 70-year-old man who's lived right next to the airport for most of his life. There's a lot more of him and his agonizing, Sisyphean struggle to get and keep his beloved acorn this time around, here reaching epic and even theological proportions. If the noticeably increased Scrat sequences are the result of market research inquiries indicating that audiences wanted to see more of him, then here's a rare case of pollsters actually IMPROVING a movie rather than the reverse. Many comparisons have been made between Scrat and Wile E. Coyote, but while Wile E. pretty much just wants to eat the Road Runner, Scrat is even more acutely sympathetic because in the few, frustratingly fleeting moments when he gets to hold on to the acorn (which is almost a seperate character in and of itself), his facial expression, body language and sounds demonstrate more genuine love and tenderness toward the object of his devotion than I've seen some mothers show toward their babies! Some years ago the General Mills cereal company asked the TV-viewing public to vote on whether the similarly thwarted Trix Rabbit should finally be allowed to eat a bowl of his favorite sugary breakfast treat; the vote was "yes" by an overwhelming majority. If Blue Sky ever decides to conduct a similar survey involving Scrat and his acorn, mark me down in advance as the first yea vote. Lord knows, the poor little guy has certainly earned it! Expand
EricY.Apr 1, 2006
It was o.k. Funny in parts. Geared more for kids, but I liked it. It wouldn't be the worst movie you've ever seen. Worthwhile.
HugoS.Apr 12, 2006
I was a child again with this second-good part.
ChickenL.Apr 13, 2006
Better than chicken little, robots and madagascar. A movie done by Ingenius and creativity.
RafaelC.Apr 16, 2006
Way better than Chicken Little, But for me it's just another Pixar Wannabe Movie, you'll probably laugh in some parts, and the Visuals are excellent, Great for Kids and adults too.
KevinR.Apr 2, 2006
Fine movie for kids, but it's the same stuff you've seen before.