7.8

1. Oct 6, 2011
    Errr..."Ice Age: The Meltdown" is a obvious-patterned sequel for Dream Work's "Ice Age". Nothing really changed and the tone is consistent which, in the end, lowers the bar for audiences who crave for a new tone or insight.
  2. Oct 7, 2010
    There have been many CGI animated films and a huge wave of them started to flood Hollywood starting in 2006. The reason? When Shrek 2 made $910 million worldwide everyone got interested in it... but what about this movie? Why am I giving it a 10/10? The movie isn't flawless as I feel it won't appeal to a lot of people, but this is a groundbreaking CGI animated film. This is the first animated movie that created actual expressive characters, it wasn't just a collection of billions of polygons but characters felt ALIVE. The film's plot is a magical retelling of Noah's Ark biblical story and will please animated movie fans and young kids. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    I didn't know they released a sequel after the first movie came out. saw it in theaters in spring of 2006 and enjoyed it. its not my favorite in the series, but since its a grossing movie of 2006, I think its perfect.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    As much as I loved the first one I was extremely excitied for this movie, but let me down in every way, the new characters aren't enjoyable, and the story is nowhere as good as the first one was, it was a huge disappointment.
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    Not as good as the first movie but it's enjoyable but just by the skin of it's teeth.
  6. May 28, 2012
    The film is good but lacks that sympathy that the first film had. The story is quite incomplete, for me. Though, the graphics are great and the voice acting is descent. But still, the first movie gets me more than this one............
  7. May 15, 2011
    This movie is definitely better than its prequel!
  8. May 11, 2012
    This sequel introduces some more great characters. The story takes a different approach to the story and it is slightly better than the first.
  9. Jan 2, 2012
    Adding more characters doesn't help it and the squirrel still outshines them all, but it is incredibly animated and greatly heartwarming. I give this film 59%.
  10. Dec 1, 2012
    It's not that it was a bad movie, It's ok. However, It simply didn't have the charm that made the first film so likeable. Also, I really didn't care much for the new characters either, Found them more annoying then funny.
  11. Feb 11, 2012
  12. Feb 6, 2012
    Holarious! That's almost everything you need to say about Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown. It has everything you want from a CGI movie. Make sure you watched the first Ice Age before than it's even more fun! I don't get the Metacritics. WATCH IT!
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    This sequel is just like the first, but with more action and is more fast-paced. The animation is fantastic, but once again, the script is the issue at hand. I still enjoyed the first one more.
  14. Jul 23, 2012
    It isn't as good as the first one, but it's still a good movie. Although it lacks SOME charm from the first one, it still has emotional scenes and humor. The new characters aren't bad, the plot is good, the villains are VERY scary, it's a good sequel.

Pros: New characters, intimidating villains and good emotional scenes and humor
    Cons: Lacks some charm from the first one, doesn't
    have the number "2" on the title Expand
  15. Feb 4, 2013
    A classic of animation. This movie is supposedly for kids, but parents will enjoy it more.
  16. Jan 4, 2013
    This movie is underrated, it deserves far better than 57 or 58%, I expect a score of around 83% for this and you don't judge a movie by the critics. This movie is great and I really like the colours. The environment is beautiful, like as the camera moves further away when Manny, Sid and Diego are on top of the dam, I really want to look far over there in detail. The scenes are great, the Scrat scenes are entertaining and the story is great I like the idea of it and it introduces 3 new characters a female mammoth and 2 rat-like brothers called Crash & Eddie, don't worry it's not poorly done, these characters are good. But what I do strongly criticise is with the end, something that should remain a mystery. I know this is a happy story but whether Manny and Ellie "are" or not should be kept a mystery throughout the franchise and something for them to think about, you'll know what I mean. But it doesn't make this movie bad or anything, I really like this. There is no age recommendation, whether you enjoy this or not depends on what sort of things you like and the way you are, but go watch this it's 8.5/10. Collapse
  17. Jan 29, 2013
    I thought this would be a good improvement, but sadly no. Just a impossible plot where you can't tell were the story. It has its moments. But the 3rd is better. =(
  18. Mar 13, 2013
    I couldn't wait for this I bought it the same MINUTE it got in the local video-stores! Ice Age is my personal number 1 animation franchise of all-time! "The Meltdown" is AMAZING! You shouldn't miss a masterpiece like this! My final score for this amazing experience is 10/10
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    A hilarious sequel to the less exciting "Ice Age" depicts the journey of the gang, joined by Diego, a saber-toothed cat, where in the process of trying to escape an inevitable flood, meet another mammoth who lives with two possums.
  20. Apr 20, 2013
    Not better than the very disappointing orginal. Still, average animation, lame and unfunny characters, childish jokes, aimed at 4 year olds and toddlers, very weak and dull story line that should interest teenagers or adults.
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    Not as well made as the predecessor, but with enough laughs to make it re-watchable. There is less of a storyline in 'the Meltdown', as the predecessor was about how these group of polar opposites learned to live together, but this is just a typical survival/apocalyptic plot, which is far less interesting than the original.
  22. Dec 31, 2013
    Decidedly worse than the original, Ice Age: The Meltdown piles on whatever story is left over from the first movie, and does it sloppily at best. Save your money.
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    Ice Age loses its coolness.
    With the second installment of this prehistoric adventure squad, Ice Age is still successful in making jokes and having some redeeming qualities. With that being said, its script just doesn't match its prequel's.
  24. Oct 9, 2014
    The weakest of the first three films of the series. It's still quite commendable for its subtle and humourous look at the importance of environmentalism.
  25. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Certainly it has decent improvements in various aspects but the adventure part is not so exciting. However, the animation is beautiful and the story is definitely better so it makes up for it cause when compared to its first film, there are more details and characters are introduced in this sequel.

Last film was about three prehistoric animals and a baby; this film is about variety of herds of prehistoric animals traveling together to migrate to a safer environment to live in with several predators in the way in addition to more fun and humor. That is a huge improvement I'd say and I really liked their character designs. Probably strange but honest, I love the underlying ecological message most, which is the survival of the fittest. And oh, Scrat appears more too!
  26. Sep 13, 2014
    Impressionante. O melhor "A Era do Gelo" para mim. O filme fala sobre amizade e amor,além de ser bem divertido e conter histórias que se cruzam. Palmas e mais palmas.
  27. Oct 14, 2014
    Not exactly better, or as good as the first Ice Age, but not terrible. It defiantly ups the anti with the humor, more specifically the small squirrel Scrat who is given a ton of funny moments. The story is kinda' weak but not bad.

It's more like watching a typical animated-shorts collection - a few highlights, a lot of clinkers - than like watching an actual movie.
  2. Ice Age: The Meltdown blithely looks on the bright side of life, amassing a screen full of vultures to sing and dance ''Food Glorious Food'' and daring us not to get happy.
    This is a lackluster film that exists exclusively because its predecessor made money.