8.2

1. Sep 1, 2014
    A thinker, a real complex thinker. Not at all a bad thing; however, when the audience is neglected and one too many turns are made, it no longer is enjoyable.
  2. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    It's a bloodbath. The Nevada Chain Lightning Massacre. The motorists are stock characters, the murderer has a screw loose, but it's the one who thought we'd find these people interesting that is raving insane. Sorry, but you rained on your own parade.
  3. Shootsy
    May 1, 2003
    A disappointing '2 steps twist' ending for an average movie.
  4. KayWhy
    Apr 27, 2003
    The ONLY good thing about this movie was the concept. But no one would know it because of the awful execution. For a movie to be suspenseful, I would argue that there needs to be a build-up in tension, which this movie lacked. Worse, one cannot empathize with the characters if the director gives you no reason to care for them. Who were these people? There was no character development. For The ONLY good thing about this movie was the concept. But no one would know it because of the awful execution. For a movie to be suspenseful, I would argue that there needs to be a build-up in tension, which this movie lacked. Worse, one cannot empathize with the characters if the director gives you no reason to care for them. Who were these people? There was no character development. For a thriller to be thrilling, there has to be character development. When you come out of theater, after you just realized that you just wasted $10 and 2 hours of your life, ask yourself, who the hell were those people? I think the ending was the most laughable part of the movie. (***SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW***) And really think about it...without being revealing too much about the movie let me ask this, why were these people, who we dont care about, dying BEFORE his moment of realization? That is a plot inconsistency. Don't waste your money, don't go see this identity-less movie. Expand
  5. JonX
    Apr 26, 2003
    I rarely feel the need to write a review but I must warn people about this movie. I thought it was going to be pretty good and i had hope through most of the movie. I wasnt realing enjoying it, waiting for the big twist, and when that twist came around, it was pretty much laughable. It made the movie worse and cheapened everything you had watched up until that point and ruined the rest of I rarely feel the need to write a review but I must warn people about this movie. I thought it was going to be pretty good and i had hope through most of the movie. I wasnt realing enjoying it, waiting for the big twist, and when that twist came around, it was pretty much laughable. It made the movie worse and cheapened everything you had watched up until that point and ruined the rest of the movie. What a waste of some good actors. Utterly pathetic. Expand
  6. J.Urena
    Apr 25, 2003
    A "B" movie. Badly written, with artificial characters that behave artificially in contrived situations. Worst of all, I found it boring. So boring, that I walked out after the first half hour; the third time ever that I have done that during a movie, I am sorry to say.
  7. TonyL
    Apr 25, 2003
    A Stinkeroo! My local paper's critic raved about this one. That should have been my first clue. This type of movie only works if you care about the characters. I didn't! An unbelievable mess, Avoid it like the Plague!

1. Cusack is especially good in a role that's got more (and less) going on under the surface, while Peet offers up another coltish, trash-mouthed vamp.
    Managed to pull the rug out from under me about three-quarters of the way through, and I still hadn't found my feet when the credits rolled.
  3. A slick, bloody thriller, but it's also, to its credit, a genuine whodunit.