7.5

1. DavidT.
    Feb 2, 2007
    I really do think that this was probably the Worst movie I have ever seen and it's a shame too since I love Luke Wilson. Mike Judge...You're a Bastard for trying to just sell something just because of your name!!! I really never thought I would ever say that I have seen "the Worst movie ever" but I most certainly have! Anybody else kind for feel like they were watching Roger I really do think that this was probably the Worst movie I have ever seen and it's a shame too since I love Luke Wilson. Mike Judge...You're a Bastard for trying to just sell something just because of your name!!! I really never thought I would ever say that I have seen "the Worst movie ever" but I most certainly have! Anybody else kind for feel like they were watching Roger Wilco the Movie...Hahha!!! Collapse
  2. MortenH.
    Jan 15, 2007
    I agree with Variety. This movie has a lot of good ideas, but it goes out of steam. After a few minutes it gets very tiresome listening to people grunting and uttering words like ass and f*ck every ten seconds. A real shame - I love Office Space.
  3. PeterJ.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Let me preface this by divulging that I have never given a movie a zero before. Until now. My only explanation for the movies high marks is that idiots themselves are watching this. I did not find one ounce of humor in this entire movie. Although I must admit I had to keep watching it. When I read reviews someone always says, "I want the last two hours of my life back." I feel that way Let me preface this by divulging that I have never given a movie a zero before. Until now. My only explanation for the movies high marks is that idiots themselves are watching this. I did not find one ounce of humor in this entire movie. Although I must admit I had to keep watching it. When I read reviews someone always says, "I want the last two hours of my life back." I feel that way for the first time ever after watching a movie. Expand
  4. O.P.
    Jan 20, 2007
    Are you kidding me? Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Even if the clever idea to use IDIOT humor is somehow magically funny I didn't appreciate it.
  5. BobB
    Jul 12, 2009
    The movie is basically just an ego trip for normal people. The jokes are pointed out excessively, its unrealistic, dumb satire.
  6. DonS.
    Jan 18, 2007
    I had very high hopes for this movie, but I was sorely disappointed. I think a lot of people go so caught up in the whole studio-backstab saga they just assumed that the movie must be something special. The final cut of Idiocracy was very poorly put together and missing many crucial scenes. It reminded me of the bonus Anchorman movie entirely comprised of deleted subplots and strung I had very high hopes for this movie, but I was sorely disappointed. I think a lot of people go so caught up in the whole studio-backstab saga they just assumed that the movie must be something special. The final cut of Idiocracy was very poorly put together and missing many crucial scenes. It reminded me of the bonus Anchorman movie entirely comprised of deleted subplots and strung together with narration. Mike Judge probably could have done a fine job if he had full creative control, but forgiving Mike Judge does not make this movie enjoyable. Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    I gave this "film" a 2 only because it was an interesting concept. Beyond Judge saying "Hey, this would be a good concept for a film", his execution was terrible from start to finish. Don't waste your time. If you want a dystopian story about how stupid have become in the future read Super Sad True Love Story.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Sep 24, 2016
    It’s no masterpiece and admittedly slight at 85 minutes long. But Idiocracy is that rarest of things in this age of lazy laughs — a gutsy comedy with something to say. More importantly, it’s funny.
  2. Reviewed by: Reihan Salam
    Sep 24, 2016
    Idiocracy is easily the most potent political film of the year, and the most stirring defense of traditional values since Edmund Burke's Reflections on the Revolution in France.
  3. Reviewed by: Fernando F. Croce
    Sep 24, 2016
    Idiocracy is too scattershot and compromised to push the conceptual bleakness beyond the realm of lowbrow comedy, though Judge’s cultural ire remains bracing throughout: For all the characters’ slapsticky imbecility, Judge makes it clear that it’s their docile acceptance (read: political inactivity) that makes them true dumbasses.