7.5

1. Aug 22, 2010
    A horrified teen movie went to a very scary images. The hand is scary looks like a reality. Effects are funny because it's perfect... Really scared on the man with bottle but completely an unholy mess with some pervasive use of comedy and horror elements.
  2. Apr 4, 2011
    A horrible wasted time. I expected this to be a riff off of Evil Dead 2 and be more funny than scary. It was neither. This movie wastes the talent of Seth Green, still seems lame with it's R rating and gives you nothing to root for, (I hated the main character, he was dumb, knew nothing about weed for being such a stoner, and ultimately killed everyone around him). This movie single handedly ended Devon Sawa's career, (for good reason). Expand
  3. Jul 11, 2014
    One of the coolest horror comedies I've ever seen. The actor from final destination Devon Sawa does a
    great job in the movie along with a gifted cast. The movie has Seth Green, Jessica Alba, Fred Willard from
    Anchorman and Vivica A. Fox from Kill Bill. Idle Hands is utter fun for any horror fan, the sooner you see
    the movie the sooner you will love it.
  4. Jul 23, 2014
    I can't give it a 10, because it isn't. It's close though. It's gory, awkward ('cause they're high school students...duh) comedy gold. I'm sure there are better B movies out there, but I can't think of one I like more. Special effects are well done. The comic relief nails it. The logic is much tighter than you might expect. Everything just works.

Jessica Alba's there more so that you
    can gawk at her rather than to actually play a character; kind of an aesthetically pleasing prop since she's almost completely oblivious to everything happening around her. Not her fault, and it seems to work for the movie.

It wasn't scary, but it never really felt like it was trying to be.

I strongly recommend seeing it if you like this type of film. People make a point of coming here and giving it a positive review for a reason.
  5. Jul 9, 2014
    Idle Hands is a hilarious horror comedy. Devon Sawa from Final Destination plays a teen who's hand
    becomes possessed by the devil because of his idleness. I love Idle Hands and the movie never
    hits a false note. Sawa should've made more horror movies because he really suited these movies !
  6. Jul 9, 2014
    Idle hands is a horror comedy that will delight you. The movie is about a teen who's hand is possessed by
    the devil. He can't control his left hand and many horrible events start happening. The comedy and horror
    is balanced nicely. The movie will make you jump, chuckle and the movie is original with its screenplay.

1. It's an unholy mess.
  2. As stupefyng as Idle Hands is while the title appendage is still attached to Anton, it goes into a whole other realm of godawfulness when the demon digits take off on their own.
    Loaded with smart sight gags and endearing secondary characters, it effectively mixes slapstick splatter and deadpan satire...Pretty damned irresistible.