8.0

1. Jul 9, 2014
    Idle hands is a horror comedy that will delight you. The movie is about a teen who's hand is possessed by
    the devil. He can't control his left hand and many horrible events start happening. The comedy and horror
    is balanced nicely. The movie will make you jump, chuckle and the movie is original with its screenplay.
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    A horrified teen movie went to a very scary images. The hand is scary looks like a reality. Effects are funny because it's perfect... Really scared on the man with bottle but completely an unholy mess with some pervasive use of comedy and horror elements.
  3. Jul 23, 2014
    I can't give it a 10, because it isn't. It's close though. It's gory, awkward ('cause they're high school students...duh) comedy gold. I'm sure there are better B movies out there, but I can't think of one I like more. Special effects are well done. The comic relief nails it. The logic is much tighter than you might expect. Everything just works.

Jessica Alba's there more so that you

Jessica Alba's there more so that you can gawk at her rather than to actually play a character; kind of an aesthetically pleasing prop since she's almost completely oblivious to everything happening around her. Not her fault, and it seems to work for the movie.

It wasn't scary, but it never really felt like it was trying to be.

I strongly recommend seeing it if you like this type of film. People make a point of coming here and giving it a positive review for a reason.
  4. Sep 17, 2014
    Idle hands is the ultimate horror comedy.Great actors,drugs gags, and a little bit of horror.I honestly don't know why this movie has such awful reviews.I highly recommend this special movie.
  5. Apr 4, 2011
    A horrible wasted time. I expected this to be a riff off of Evil Dead 2 and be more funny than scary. It was neither. This movie wastes the talent of Seth Green, still seems lame with it's R rating and gives you nothing to root for, (I hated the main character, he was dumb, knew nothing about weed for being such a stoner, and ultimately killed everyone around him). This movie singleA horrible wasted time. I expected this to be a riff off of Evil Dead 2 and be more funny than scary. It was neither. This movie wastes the talent of Seth Green, still seems lame with it's R rating and gives you nothing to root for, (I hated the main character, he was dumb, knew nothing about weed for being such a stoner, and ultimately killed everyone around him). This movie single handedly ended Devon Sawa's career, (for good reason). Expand

1. It's an unholy mess.
  2. As stupefyng as Idle Hands is while the title appendage is still attached to Anton, it goes into a whole other realm of godawfulness when the demon digits take off on their own.
    Loaded with smart sight gags and endearing secondary characters, it effectively mixes slapstick splatter and deadpan satire...Pretty damned irresistible.