Columbia Pictures | Release Date: April 30, 1999
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 150 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TylerDurden900Jul 9, 2014
Idle hands is a horror comedy that will delight you. The movie is about a teen who's hand is possessed by
the devil. He can't control his left hand and many horrible events start happening. The comedy and horror
is balanced nicely. The
is balanced nicely. The movie will make you jump, chuckle and the movie is original with its screenplay.
PongdokJul 23, 2014
I can't give it a 10, because it isn't. It's close though. It's gory, awkward ('cause they're high school students...duh) comedy gold. I'm sure there are better B movies out there, but I can't think of one I like more. Special effects areI can't give it a 10, because it isn't. It's close though. It's gory, awkward ('cause they're high school students...duh) comedy gold. I'm sure there are better B movies out there, but I can't think of one I like more. Special effects are well done. The comic relief nails it. The logic is much tighter than you might expect. Everything just works.

Jessica Alba's there more so that you can gawk at her rather than to actually play a character; kind of an aesthetically pleasing prop since she's almost completely oblivious to everything happening around her. Not her fault, and it seems to work for the movie.

It wasn't scary, but it never really felt like it was trying to be.

I strongly recommend seeing it if you like this type of film. People make a point of coming here and giving it a positive review for a reason.
iamkhenzpolenioAug 22, 2010
A horrified teen movie went to a very scary images. The hand is scary looks like a reality. Effects are funny because it's perfect... Really scared on the man with bottle but completely an unholy mess with some pervasive use of comedy andA horrified teen movie went to a very scary images. The hand is scary looks like a reality. Effects are funny because it's perfect... Really scared on the man with bottle but completely an unholy mess with some pervasive use of comedy and horror elements. Expand
Meth-dudeSep 17, 2014
Idle hands is the ultimate horror comedy.Great actors,drugs gags, and a little bit of horror.I honestly don't know why this movie has such awful reviews.I highly recommend this special movie.
TastyJamProjectApr 4, 2011
A horrible wasted time. I expected this to be a riff off of Evil Dead 2 and be more funny than scary. It was neither. This movie wastes the talent of Seth Green, still seems lame with it's R rating and gives you nothing to root for, (I hatedA horrible wasted time. I expected this to be a riff off of Evil Dead 2 and be more funny than scary. It was neither. This movie wastes the talent of Seth Green, still seems lame with it's R rating and gives you nothing to root for, (I hated the main character, he was dumb, knew nothing about weed for being such a stoner, and ultimately killed everyone around him). This movie single handedly ended Devon Sawa's career, (for good reason). Expand
MichaelH.Nov 18, 2008
This movie was so fun to watch I decided to watch it when i saw jessica alba is starring in it, and I was surprised how great it was. Neverf laughed so much at a movie - awesome.
FilipeMOct 13, 2009
Maybe it was supposed to be scary, but it turned out to be one the most funny movies ever.
MeganLJul 21, 2009
This is a way cool teen movie i love it!