Idlewild

8.0

1. lindseyM.
    Aug 28, 2006
    a very good movie...worth seeing...very creative...I loved it and I dont like most movies.
  2. MoniqueB.
    Aug 26, 2006
    An amazing visual treat. A genre-bending, foot-tapping, mind-blowing barage of music and dancing. Absolutely dazzling. A spectacle. Outkast fans will not be disappointed!
  3. TyeN.
    Aug 31, 2006
    This movie surpassed my expectations.. It's fast, beautiful, well thought out, funny, sad, exciting, and all around entertaining. The musical numbers and choreography were great, and the actors (particularly Terrence Howard, Andre Benjamin, and Paula Patton) were great too. Please give it a chance. I'm willing to bet that this film is nominated later this year at the Golden This movie surpassed my expectations.. It's fast, beautiful, well thought out, funny, sad, exciting, and all around entertaining. The musical numbers and choreography were great, and the actors (particularly Terrence Howard, Andre Benjamin, and Paula Patton) were great too. Please give it a chance. I'm willing to bet that this film is nominated later this year at the Golden Globes (Best Comedy or Musical Film), and the Academy Awards (Best Original Song, Art Direction, Costume Design, Makeup). Very fun and a great ride. Expand
  4. TreyB.
    Oct 12, 2006
    Captivating cinematography. Big Boi and Dre really come out of their shells, emerging as confident and dynamic actors. Some scenes just draw you into another world. This movie is less about plot, the story should not be the main focal point, its more about conjuring emotions through imagery and sound. And in this, it is nearly flawless.
  5. AprilW.
    Aug 25, 2006
    Excellent in true Outkast fashion. The music is awesome. It is originally eccentric. I cannot wait for the DVD.
  6. Spongeee
    Sep 12, 2006
    Very creative movie. Big Boi and Dre aren
  7. BooK.
    Feb 4, 2007
    Blows "Moulin Rouge" & "Chicago" away just in terms of sheer excitement. Beautifully filmed, obscenely talented and just plain *fun*.
  8. JosephA.
    Aug 27, 2006
    Very entertaining, great movie! The movie has everything, great music, choreography, action, romance, betrayal, comedy, justice... Recommended.
  9. KenG
    Sep 19, 2006
    [**** SPOILERS***] Good movie, with arguably the year's worst ending tacked on. (The death of one of the key characters) They really reached into "movie clichés 101" for that ending. Somebody really needed to tell filmmakers when you
  10. NancyH.
    Aug 26, 2006
    Slick camera work and integration of new with the old. Movie starts off promising and then just fizzles--predictable plot, etc. Dialogue needs work and sometimes I couldn't understand what the actors were saying. Although I am a fan of Andre Benjamin's his voice is not as strong as he thinks it is in this genre of singing. Scene at the end, which plays like a music video is Slick camera work and integration of new with the old. Movie starts off promising and then just fizzles--predictable plot, etc. Dialogue needs work and sometimes I couldn't understand what the actors were saying. Although I am a fan of Andre Benjamin's his voice is not as strong as he thinks it is in this genre of singing. Scene at the end, which plays like a music video is really creepy and a little off with the rest of the movie. They should have used less slick visual devices and concentrated on script and plot. It wasn't a total loss--somewhat entertaining. I'd wait for the DVD. Expand
  11. WendellB.
    Aug 30, 2006
    A lot was attempted here, without much focus, but with considerable talent. The trouble is this just does not come together, as a feature length movie. I'm a big fan of OutKast's video's. This movie amounts to a couple of hot video, connected by a weak and mostly unfocused mess of a story.
  12. BruceS.
    Sep 16, 2006
    The dialogue in the movie could not be understood and the sex was too graphic... I walked out.
  13. LindaS.
    Sep 16, 2006
    This was the most confusing, disgusting movie we've seen in a very long time... we walked out after 20 minutes and that was 15 minutes too late!

This oddball mix of "The Cotton Club" and "Six Feet Under" is a big, beautiful mess. But it offers the not-uninstructive spectacle of talented people stumbling over large and unwieldy ambitions.
  2. An entertaining mess. It blends together musical styles and dances, historical periods with howling anachronisms, coy, almost childish gimmicks with R-rated sex and violence.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Achieves magic--something sorely missing from so many movies these days--and does so via a philosophy of respect, but not reverence, for what's come before it; it never recycles, it just reimagines.