Illegal Tender

5.3

1. AlejandroR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    This movie was not so good. The main actor is Rick Gonzalez, thats not saying much right there. This is the guy thats in Coach Carter in the background most of the time and in War of the Worlds for less than 2 minutes, wow what a resume! Nobody could act in this movie. On top of that, its long and repetitive. It has some gun shots, but its still not very entertaining.
  2. JaredC.
    Aug 20, 2007
    What? This is the corniest and weakest Crime drama movie ever. especially if you watch The Departed, wow, this one looks bad.
  3. IreneB.
    Sep 5, 2007
    This was a great movie! go and see it.
  4. HugoR.
    Aug 25, 2007
    it was a very good movie you should see it
  5. Kema
    Aug 28, 2007
    This could have been told in 20 minutes. The plot was so outright dumb, I can't believe Singleton put his mark on this garbage. The plot was way ridiculous. Not trying to dis the Director, but maybe he should learn to write a film B4 going to Hollywood with this. An embarrassment.
  6. LoriD.
    Aug 31, 2007
    I am Puerto Rican and was disgusted with this movie. As if Latinos don't have enough stereotypes against them! I'm 25 from the Bronx, and I don't talk with a Rosie Perez accent. Why does every movie with a Hispanic actor have to find these actors with those ridiculous accents? I don't talk like that! It's unrealistic....Can we start looking for actors who speak I am Puerto Rican and was disgusted with this movie. As if Latinos don't have enough stereotypes against them! I'm 25 from the Bronx, and I don't talk with a Rosie Perez accent. Why does every movie with a Hispanic actor have to find these actors with those ridiculous accents? I don't talk like that! It's unrealistic....Can we start looking for actors who speak properly even though they're hispanic? Why aren't we seeing more Hispanics in positive movies, and not the damn stereotypical violence,sex, money, and drugs theme over and over again? Pretty disturbing if you ask me! The movie lacked suspense, the main character finds his father's killers way to easily and the movie finishes! UM YAH WHERE'S THE THRILL IN THAT? Let's throw that one in the mix with Hector Lavoe! Expand

1. For a second, the movie has the snap of a truly surprising thriller -- like a Hispanic "Kill Bill" -- about an aging lioness willing to kill to protect her cub.
  2. Quite an entertaining genre piece boasting a terrifically sinewy lead performance from Wanda De Jesus.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Too muted to have much lasting impact, and remains modestly diverting only on a scene-to-scene basis. There's no quotable dialogue, no standout action sequence, no flashy supporting performances -- in short, nothing to lift Illegal Tender from the level of competent but inconsequential B-movie.