7.4

1. Oct 16, 2013
    This is a great movie. The plot isn't anything revolutionary, it's just supposed to be a good time. I loved the Hammer scene with all the pistols and the Chris Rock scene. I have seen it 4 times and I still chuckle every time I see the movie.

Yeah, we'll take the stairs. We always take the stairs
  2. Dec 6, 2012
    Long before the "In Loving Color" show which featured the Wayans Brothers and kicked started Jim Carrey's career there was "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" by the Wayans Brothers. In a similar style of comedy to "In Living Color" but with a higher budget and production quality this movie is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It is basically a parody of all cop movies where the cops are trying to bust drug dealers although some scenes even parody other movies like Rambo. If you are a fan of movie parodies, In Living Color, The Wayans Brothers or black comedians in general (many other famous faces show up, Chris Rock makes a short appearance in a funny scene, etc.) you should definitely see this movie. Make sure you see the uncensored version, I've seen it on TBS on TV and they butchered some of the scenes with censorship that you couldn't even tell what is going on...

BTW: All of those critics who gave this less than 70, saying it was not funny or that the romantic scenes are weak. Give me a break, you guys obviously do not understand parodies, this is like the black version of the Naked Gun, would you say that isn't funny or the romantic scenes are weak? Probably you would since that movie is very similar, this is a parody not a serious film, wtf? lol

It's not that Wayans lacks wit, it's that he's stomped it to death. A sweet-natured performance -- and the fact that he and Tom Cruise probably have the same orthodontist -- doesn't quite make up for the muddle. Don't be a sucka.
    I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is a comedy that feeds off the blaxploitation movies, and although, like all good satires, it is cheerfully willing to be offensive, it is almost completely incapable of being funny.
  3. I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is a lively but uncertain mixture of nostalgia, silliness and genuinely unpredictable humor.