6.0

1. Nov 11, 2011
    This is definitely the best movie of all time. It's a brutal combination on 1% excellence, and 99% PURE AWESOME. The day before I went to see this movie, I thought I knew what awesome was, but I was so wrong. This movie is more awesome than Zeus and Chuck Norris fighting to the death on a cloud of Ferraris, Nukes, and Bacon while the entire casts of 300, Sin City, Robocop 2 and Tuesdays with Morrie have their collective faces melted off from sheer exposure to awesomeness. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    This story line was a little dull and the movie didn't have much depth, but the visuals, effect and gore were top notch. Gave me that 'God of War' impression.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Its been about 8 months now since Zack Snyder "Sucker Punch"ed us with an awful PG-13 cut of what could have been a good film (the R-rated cut wasn't bad). And while Zack Snyder sold out on his fans, "Conan" was murdered by a bunch of miniscule children (Spy Kids 4) and civil rights rendezvous (The Help), Tarsem has the courage and audacity to make a movie that he wants to make, and it proves to be a near-rival to Zack Snyder's hit 2006 film "300", while utterly hacking "Clash of the Titans" in half. All I can say is, I'm pretty damn impressed. Its pretty much what the "Clash of the Titans" remake should have been.

Not with the script, which in a way was mediocre, but the impressive and sometimes haunting visuals make up for a portion of the obvious cliches.

Its also possible to tell that this is trying to be the next 300, when it really is and should be its own style.

Overall, the fight scenes are insane (theres absolutely no way this could have been PG-13), Henry Cavill is a convincing Superman, Mickey Rourke is a believable villain (unlike Stephen Lang who makes Quaritch likeable, you really just want to maim and kill the Heraklion King Hyperion).

Either way, I recommend you RUSH to see this in theaters, especially in 3D (which Tarsem uses fairly well, especially at the end). Its worth the $14 and if you disagree, then we can have a good old debate.
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    A totally awesome film! A must see if you're a fan of 300. From start to finish this film does not stop. Amazing action scenes, amazing score, and if you're a gamer you will appreciate the movie (Reminded me of God of War). Go see it... you will love it!
  5. Nov 26, 2011
    It was a good movie!! Sure they could have done alot more with it but it wasnt horrible!!! Hopefully when They make the next one they will broaden their arises!!!!!:-)
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie. Tarsem is one of my favorite directors and I feel he still delivered on a "big budget" movie. The 3D was unnecessary (as usual), but I think the visuals were still solid. The acting was decent for this type of action-centric movie, far better than 300 in my opinion. You just can't go wrong with Mickey Rourke and John Hurt. The story isn't the stand out here, but that's sort of predictable for this kind of movie. My expectations weren't high walking in, but I'm happy to say I was thoroughly entertained. Expand
  7. drm
    Nov 12, 2011
    Ok I watched this, and I had a good time. Why? Well...I'll be blunt...the murder ratio was up to par. There is a lot of horrifying murder in this picture, and that's a good thing. I wasn't trying to watch 'Steel Magnolias', feel me? This movie had excessive splattery gore that just made my day. Legendary Pictures alrerady has a well-defined artistic look, and I respect that heaps. The villain (Mickey **** Rourke) is so dope in this, I wanted to cry. He does pure, but disaffected, evil so well, it makes me just wanna get hammered with him somewhere. He's the **** The only thing that seemed out of place was the last scene, with a Bieber moptop and some Kanye West self-indulgent montagé **** That was just dumb as hell...because it was pointless. You guys already made a good movie. Pouring **** on it isn't gonna help. See? Anyway, that was a misstep, but I still really liked it, & it's a good time........if you like murder. :} I do. Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    very very good moovie.Maybe better than the 300.I found this moovie very good from the first to the last second.The most interesting moovie of the year after Harry Potter.
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    So happy to see Mickey Rourke having a resurgence and getting the big roles he deserves. He should have won an Oscar for his role in The Wrestler but Hollywood politics got in the way and the award was instead given to Sean Penn because he is more "politically correct" by Tinseltown's twisted standards.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Sorry, but any movie with Mickey Rourke as the bad guy is worth the price of admission. Just saw "Angel Heart" over Halloween and I forgot how awesome that film was.
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    One of the best films I've ever seen in my life. The story had: revenge, adventure, romance, a quest for immortality, AWESOME fight scenes, great amount of brutality and gore in the film, and finally, a sex scene that took the perfect amount of time to build up and finish. If you're a true movie buff, this is a movie to see.
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    I would like to start off saying that I, as a fan of Zack Snyder, felt like this movie was going to be a knockoff of 300...and it was but in a good way. In many aspects I feel this movie has knocked 300 down a notch especially in the visuals. All of the fight scenes were insanely awesome and well done. Tarsem also utilized 3D better than most movies that support it. For the people that are fans of the art style and love blood and gore, this movie will not disappoint. The acting was okay. Mickey Rourke was the best of the crew and was a real ball buster. The story strayed from the written in stone mythology but its forgivable because the gods were insanely awesome. The last fight, which lasts roughly 20 mins, is the best bit of cinematography I've seen in a very long time and made me say **** YES!" the whole time. Pretty much the bottom line is if you like violent gory fantasy war movies don't let the story and acting stray you away, its not bad enough to make you regret watching it despite what other reviews say. I would watch it at least 2 or 3 more times if I were given the chance. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    If you are looking for entertainment, then stop here because this movie is exhilarating fun! Although this movie is being compared to 300, it is an entirely different story, but with all of the epicness!
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    I saw this movie on opening day. Went in with mixed feelings, hoping it would be good, expecting a big let down ( such as clash of the titans (2011), watchmen etc.). This movie was shockingly unique however. Visuals, and characters were excellent. Lots of action, but not like 300 when it takes over the story. The acting was also top notch. Henry Calvillo was excellent, so was Micky Rourke. If your into action movies, this is the movie to see right now. I can't remember the last action movie i saw in theatres that i didn't feel ripped off when it was over. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    Visually the movie is stunning and the story very interesting. Mickey Rourke and Henry Cavill give very convincing performances. The Stephen Dorff role was a missed opportunity and could have been better cast. I would have liked to have seen more character development and there are a few plot holes.

However, the story is interesting, the pace moves to film along well, I found Mickey
    Rourke mesmerizing and the costumes were very well done.

We saw it opening day Friday and the audience seemed to really enjoy themselves and there was applause at the end.

If you are looking for an enjoyable night out watching a visually stunning film with an entertaining enough story, this would be a solid choice.
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    This movie is so **** awesome. Wait, you came to see this movie for a good story line? Think again, story was sub-par at best, but the action scenes, HOLY **** I was in awe the whole time people got obliterated. See this movie for it's action, you will NOT be disappointed.
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    I think I may have a soft spot for Greek mythology. I don't know what it was, but when I left this movie, I had a huge smirk on my face. This movie is awesome in all sorts of ways. Right away the movie awes with it's visuals. Tarsem is a very visual director and gives this movie an epicness that is missing in most movies. The characters are as 2-dimesional as they come, but at least their the fun sort of 2-dimesional characters that you can root for. Henry Cavill steels the show as Theseus and Mickey Rourke plays a great King Hyperion. Cavill's ability to play the hero make me happy that he is going to be the next Superman. Mickey Rourke plays Hyperion all sorts of ruthless and unyielding (and awesome). The supporting cast did their job well, but saddly the script didn't them give too much attention, especially the priestess (the fact that I can't remember her name is proof enough). As someone who loves Greek Myths up the wahzoo, I enjoyed the beginning of the movie and thought is a decent action movie with good visuals. Then Ares came down and started doing things that turned this movie from a decent action flick with good visuals to an awesome action flick with good visuals. Seeing the gods fight the titans at the end made me all sorts of wide eyed. Saying the climax of this movie is amazing is an understatement. The ending was kind of "Bleh" in my opinion and seemed like the movie was going for a sequel (let's hope not, sequels kill movies like these). All and all, this is a great action movie that you can just watch with your friends and have a fun time. This is what Clash of the Titans should have been but saddly wasn't. People who are saying this movie lacks depth and have a boring script are missing the point. Greek Myths aren't incredibly deep, so why should an adaptation of a Greek Myth be any different. Just sit back and enjoy the gory awesomeness. Expand
  18. Dec 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME! Seriously all bad critics have been written by a bunch of retards. Many said the romance between the oracle and the main character was unnecessary. First, ignore that. There is NO romance. One sex scene that lasts 10 sec and that's it. And who cares anyway? It's part of the myth! Secondly WTF I can't believe people complained about gods fighting in a fast moving martial art manner with no powers. That is just ridiculous to say!! There are GODS! OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE THEM OWNING! People that wrote that are just a bunch of retards. Thirdly I liked the story. Nothing wrong with the story. There are TONS of action scenes and FOR ONCE WE GET TO SEE BLOOD! And We get to see GODS with weaknesses AND the main character doesn't just pick up the bow and start shooting at them. Yes, everything was designed in studio BUT IT WAS WELL DESIGNED! And NO armours are NO in plastic just because you see armors shinning doesn't necessarily mean it is fake. Everything was highlighted with 3D design tech like in 300. Seriously, this movie WAS GREAT! and I am not a big fan of this type but hey - I was wrong. Worth seeing it in 3D seriously! Expand
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    i have to say this is my favorite movie of all time. takes the action from 300 and raises the bar yet again for a action movie. cant wait to see it again
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    loved this move, don't know what other people are watching when they put anything below 7, it is one of the better films I have seen and I watch a lot of movies, everyone should give this film a chance

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Nov 16, 2011
    The Greek myths, of course, will endure. The same cannot be said for Singh's silly, self-serious, instantly forgettable, and inaptly named Immortals.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Nov 13, 2011
    The film is as faithful to Greek mythology as Thor is to tales of the Norse Gods, but it ultimately doesn't matter. Tarsem's goal is to give viewers an experience a little different from the norm and, to that end, he succeeds. The "wow!" factor is in full evidence.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    Nov 12, 2011
    The movie's self-importance is further inflated by the usual pseudo-Wagnerian score and occasional narration by John Hurt.