6.6

1. May 9, 2012
    I could only handle sitting through half the movie so if there is some spectacular ending that I missed I am sorry. There was little to no emotion and I felt nothing for the characters. All the rave reviews were strictly because of the subject matter.
  2. Jun 17, 2012
    Endlessly long and muddled. Could have been dramatically shorter with better writing and editing. Completely improbable plot changes and ending. I wanted to get up repeatedly and walk out but the theatre was quite full and that would have distracted other movie patrons. DO NOT SEE this movie based on the reviews shown here. This is NOT a very good movie.

1. Reviewed by: Mick LaSalle
    Dec 6, 2012
    It is probably unlike any movie you've ever seen, and in ways both bad and good. It is, by turns, inept and brilliant, shockingly amateurish and inspired. To see it is to sit there for long stretches amazed at how clumsy, fake and misguided it is. But then, five minutes later you might easily be riveted and moved by its awkward brilliance.
  2. Reviewed by: Keith Uhlich
    Nov 13, 2012
    Wang has made a confidently intimate movie that is devastatingly larger-than-life.
  3. Reviewed by: Guy Dixon
    May 31, 2012
    Despite a number of plot twists, In the Family is more about its constant blanks and dead time, its silence and inert camerawork, which require a viewer to fill in the gaps with one's own perceptions of what's happening.