Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: October 28, 2011
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 352 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
bobbsywAug 12, 2012
An interesting concept that started well but quickly diminished into a muddle of unbelievable characters, plot holes and Deus ex Machina that left me feeling more than a little disappointed.
PwnzedyourmomNov 9, 2011
In Time could be a great Sci-Fi movie like Inception or the Matrix. But it falls flat in most areas.
The first problem I had with the movie was the boring characters and setting. The acting was ok but this movie did not connect emotionally like Inception. inception made me believe that this world was real (Because most of it was true) And in In Time the whole thing like a b rated sci fi show.
The story is terrible and the only thing these people could think about was how long they had to live. I don't want to watch a movie were all they do is think about time.
I would skip this movie if I was you and go watch Inception or the Matrix.
BlackFox0911Nov 12, 2011
In an era of remakes and sequels, I remember optimistically thinking "Hollywood may yet have a chance at something original" when I first saw the previews for this movie. A true-to-life paradox, such as the ironic twin concepts of workingIn an era of remakes and sequels, I remember optimistically thinking "Hollywood may yet have a chance at something original" when I first saw the previews for this movie. A true-to-life paradox, such as the ironic twin concepts of working both through and for your life, made the movie easy to relate to an average-joe audience. The acting was NOT one of the film's finer qualities. Timberlake and Seyfried, whose main assets lend more toward their sex appeal than toward the vigilante characters portrayed in their roles, were given FAR more credit than the underrated and short-lived part played by Olivia Wilde. The plot was mediocre, neither earth-shattering nor boring, for the first 30 minutes...that is, of course, until the stereotyping and the ideological rhetoric came along. Greedy corporate hoarders, thriving on the misery of others while manipulating currency (life) from extravagant offices in the sky, and the "Robinhood" protagonist's quest to "liberate the downtrodden from the yolk of corporate slavery" were weak and disappointing themes at best. I wanted to see an action movie, not communist propaganda. Collapse
mentalscreenDec 10, 2011
Crap. It could have been a great story without that stupid bonnie and clyde mixed robin hood part!
I liked the serious, resigned and hopeless mood in the beginning of the movie but then it turned to a ridiculous story without sense.
I could
I could not find any character-development, for a sci-fi-movie it was too less innovative - just some digital screens and future-looking cars do not make a sci-fi world! the counterparts of the main characters reminded me at characters from dark city or matrix but to not to take them serious. the story lacked logic at all.
too bad. could have been a thrilling story, but around the middle of the movie - they missed the right turnout.
MorriBeyJan 25, 2012
Rubbish. Has a Titanic poor man loves rich girl storyline interwoven with some cop knows what ur dad did sub-plot which is completely uninteresting. Cheap movie set coupled with cheap acting results in a cheap farce of a movie.
agondontorNov 6, 2011
The plot was ridiculous and the political agenda behind the story was obviously communist leaning. The premise beingâ
OllieWillieFeb 13, 2012
What an appalling film........I knew I was in for something less than special when the movie started with JT telling us all what was going on with about 6 words....
The concept was solid and the trailer enthralling, how did it all go so
The concept was solid and the trailer enthralling, how did it all go so wrong....
Cilian Murphy is better than this.
ZachBallardNov 9, 2011
In Time is a prime example of Hollywood crap. The characters are forgettable and the acting is amateur at best. Based on the idea of equating money to time, the movie portrays a world in which the wealthy live for centuries and the poor don'tIn Time is a prime example of Hollywood crap. The characters are forgettable and the acting is amateur at best. Based on the idea of equating money to time, the movie portrays a world in which the wealthy live for centuries and the poor don't make it past twenty-five. Frankly, I think this concept, though somewhat limiting, is interesting enough to inspire a significantly better movie. In Time, however, is nothing more than two hours of empty entertainment; it's "good" the way Taio Cruz is "good." If you're set on seeing it, bring some good friends or, even better, a date, so you have something to focus on. Expand
LeethaNov 26, 2011
This film is really disappointing. See the trailer is very sickening. Acting "Justin Timberlake" is very standard, nothing special always. His handsome face that always get people to see the movie. Do not waste your money and your time toThis film is really disappointing. See the trailer is very sickening. Acting "Justin Timberlake" is very standard, nothing special always. His handsome face that always get people to see the movie. Do not waste your money and your time to see this garbage movie. Expand
PaskillOct 29, 2011
Terrible movie, terrible attempt at sci-fi, forgettable characters and bad writing and bad premise. Acting is okay, but with terribly written characters it's hard to see the acting talent.
Friskytiger81Jan 20, 2012
Abysmal film hindered by an interesting story, but terrible plot, second-rate acting by some of the bubblegum actors, and every line dripping with almost every cliche regarding time. Everything about this is predictable apart from theAbysmal film hindered by an interesting story, but terrible plot, second-rate acting by some of the bubblegum actors, and every line dripping with almost every cliche regarding time. Everything about this is predictable apart from the terrible production design (though it's a $40M budget) and not enough money in the budget to hire some extras for crowd scenes, while using the same 10 customized cars on the road. Expand
IceBKNov 29, 2011
The movie concept may seem interesting when you lay eyes for the first time, but this feeling disappear after watching 15 minutes. Even knowing "In time" is a work of fiction, this do not help to minimize the sense of absurd and stupidityThe movie concept may seem interesting when you lay eyes for the first time, but this feeling disappear after watching 15 minutes. Even knowing "In time" is a work of fiction, this do not help to minimize the sense of absurd and stupidity which surrounds every relation and act in the movie. The lack of proper motivation on some scenes and a great appeal to "coincidences" really bothered me. The course of actions just not feels right Expand
SummersausageJan 8, 2013
The story to this movie makes me wonder what life would be like and gets me very philosophical but then I realize what I am watching and I want to blow my brains out.
denhausSep 1, 2014
One of the ABSOLUTE WORST movies I've ever seen, especially considering the cast and budget of this movie. The one thing this move has going for it is the setting, which LA fits nicely.
The whole "time" premise is fantastic (it had to much
The whole "time" premise is fantastic (it had to much potential!), but it's implementation and writing is awful. A terrible, horrendously predictable, cliche storyline provides the backbone. The characters are stereotypes and are so predictable it hurts. They are not developed at all, and their personalities resemble those of cartoon characters. In fact, the whole movie is so cartoonish it seems suited better to 10 year olds than adults.

Now, I have no problem with a movie with a political agenda, but this has preachy, overbearing, extremely in-your-face political themes, and they are so hilariously childish it makes my brain melt. Topping it all off is the extensive list of gaping logic/plot holes, which really ties together this steaming pile of utter garbage. It's hard to take a movie seriously when the logic behind the main concepts of the movie are totally undeveloped and not addressed whatsoever.
Also, the few special effects they have are horrible. This movie is a huge, festering, rotting pile of hopes and dreams.