Inception

8.7

1. WaleighR.
    Jul 25, 2010
    I think this movie was Hollywood's attempt to see just how stupid the movie-going audience is.
  2. Henry
    Jul 26, 2010
    Don´t get the hoopla. The story just wasn´t that interesting. It was tedios and confusing. When they all woke up in the plane and looked around as if to say ¨Why are we here¨ I felt the same way. Can´t recommend it.
  3. jamesc.
    Jul 26, 2010
    Take the 2 hours and 48 minutes that you will waste on this film and help feed the homeless. This film is another useless film that people are told they are supposed to get excited about because it's 'smart." Please, a violent bore of a film. Notice how all the people who gave it a 10 never explain why it's worthy of a ten.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    This film is so overhyped! It is boring action and an even more boring storyline, with even more boring atmosphere. This Film was literally putting people to sleep. I forced myself to stay awake because i was waiting for the plot to turn interesting, but no. The film finsihed and it was hard to make it all the way through. BORING! BORING! BORING!
  5. Jun 15, 2011
    This film didn't quite know what it wanted to be. It was overly ambitious with little insight into realism when it was inviting audiences to take it seriously. A good cast wasn't enough to do it for me, as the slow and rather tedious story progression was too distracting. Towards the end I was quite restless as it was needlessly dragging on whilst becoming a bit of an action film where itThis film didn't quite know what it wanted to be. It was overly ambitious with little insight into realism when it was inviting audiences to take it seriously. A good cast wasn't enough to do it for me, as the slow and rather tedious story progression was too distracting. Towards the end I was quite restless as it was needlessly dragging on whilst becoming a bit of an action film where it wasn't necessarily due. Christopher Nolan is a brilliant director and I thoroughly enjoy the majority of his films except this one. Hopefully it was a one off. Expand
  6. Jul 20, 2012
    In any medium of art, there is a balance between the abstract and concrete. The issue that arises in Inception is that the director, Nolan, delves too much into the abstract that any meaning becomes so purposefully ambiguous so as any logical explanation is irrelevant due due to the fact that so many are possible.

Even though this can be seen as a pro or a con, pretentious

Even though this can be seen as a pro or a con, pretentious psuedointellectuals will love this film, basking in its non-revelatory metaphysical overtones. Also, the action sequences are more than likely going to feel drawn out (Nolan could have at least made the unveiling towards the climax 1/3 of how it was) - the reason that it was done the way it was is in due probably cause to the fact that Nolan wanted to make an epic film.

Though there is something that this movie is and the best word I can use is that of a concept coined by the author Kurt Vonnegut: "Cranfalloon."

A Cranfalloon is something that seems epic, bold, audacious or significant and yet, like a balloon, is filled solely with air. It's as if this film "Inception" should have really been called "Deception," as in; we are deceived to believe that this jumble mess of ideas in which the number of possibilities for interpretations causes a negation of any one "true" interpretation. I don't regret watching it. The second time I watched it, though, I strongly desired having spent that time doing something else.
  7. Dec 2, 2011
    Christopher Nolan shot to fame a decade ago with a low-budget masterpiece called Memento ... the same year that an over-hyped Peal Harbor flopped. Inception is the "Pearl Harbor" of the following decade ... an expensive failure. The most amazing thing about this one was how the promoters managed to bribe every major critic on the planet - at the time I did not read one bad review & I wasChristopher Nolan shot to fame a decade ago with a low-budget masterpiece called Memento ... the same year that an over-hyped Peal Harbor flopped. Inception is the "Pearl Harbor" of the following decade ... an expensive failure. The most amazing thing about this one was how the promoters managed to bribe every major critic on the planet - at the time I did not read one bad review & I was therefore conned into rushing out to see it. This is proof-positive that the critics are paid off by big interests. Ironically, my girlfriend fell asleep during the movie! Even my son agrees with me. This one is a complete abomination. Expand
  8. Mar 20, 2012
    I guess this movie works. There's good action scenes and some interesting camera use, but it's ultimately ruined by Christopher Nolan's pretensions. I found myself annoyed by its attempts to be deep, with cheap tricks like the top at the end presented as some mind-bending ambiguity. Its resemblance to Shutter Island is also worth noting, with DiCaprio playing Cobb as a Federal MarshallI guess this movie works. There's good action scenes and some interesting camera use, but it's ultimately ruined by Christopher Nolan's pretensions. I found myself annoyed by its attempts to be deep, with cheap tricks like the top at the end presented as some mind-bending ambiguity. Its resemblance to Shutter Island is also worth noting, with DiCaprio playing Cobb as a Federal Marshall minus the accent. I was just really disappointed that this movie could have been better, had the dream nonsense either been removed or executed better. Expand
  9. May 9, 2015
    Pure B-movie concept with an A movie veneer and budget. An utterly tedious 2 hours of pretentious non-sense and posing actors relentlessly espousing pseudo philosophical ideas. Not fun, not smart, not a good movie.
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Inception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film because everyone kept raving about how good it was, but I should know better. The films that tend to be overrated are the films I hate the most, such as SkyfallInception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film because everyone kept raving about how good it was, but I should know better. The films that tend to be overrated are the films I hate the most, such as Skyfall and Avatar. I found Inception confusing to follow and there was too much going on at once and too many characters kept on being introduced. I just found this film boring and there was too much action to much up for the crap storyline. I am really disappointed in this film.

Grade: D-
  11. Dec 13, 2015
    The popularity of Inception is an example of not only people being unable to tell the difference between style and substance, but of not even being aware that substance exists. America's cultural hostility to thinking and feeling has led to the popularity of these utterly mind-numbing movies, but Inception is a new low, where you watch it and pretend you have just seen something smart.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.