8.6

1. Sep 3, 2010
    Yes, the snow sequence goes on too long and is too faux-Bond but the film is tightly plotted and exciting in the extreme. Not to mention the brilliant effects that though show-offy are integral to the story. Seeing this a second time made me appreciate it even more so.
  2. tst
    Sep 4, 2010
    just a fantastick

film dicaprio has done some great acting ]
    and micheal bay , another great film by him yours sicerly tst

i
    i
    o
    n
  3. Sep 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Inception" is an engrossing and enthralling thriller. This is the kind of film that requires multiple viewings, not just because it creates an entire dream world but because it offers deeper exploration into the mind, a place only Nolan can take you. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2010
    Why is it that when a movie is above average, which this one certainly is, people (critics in particular) fall all over themselves to praise it? Why is it that when a movie is hard to explain, and even harder to understand, people immediately think they are brilliant if they sit through it and then leave the theatre thinking..."Whoa...that was some heavy s**t." Trust me. You are still far from ever being a candidate for Mensa if you "love" this movie. I did not "love" it. I did, however, enjoy it and would recommend it for people that want to, as another reviewer wrote here, have a "good mind f**k." You just have to be in the right frame of mind, either naturally or herbally induced. While the movie is overrated, it is also very good, paricularly from a visual/special effects standpoint. The idea of the story is also very intriguing, but totally unbelieveable. I love a good science fiction film as much as the next person, but enjoy them more when they are somewhere within the grasp of reality. This one fell way outside the box for me in that category. I didn't agree with the lead casting. While they are both good actors, Leo (even with facial hair) and Joseph look too young to be the characters they portray here. I know. I know. By now you would think I could accept DiCaprio in more mature roles, but definitely had a hard time with him here. I am a big fan of Chris Nolan, but let's face it, not every movie can be a home run. Despite the word on the street, this one is a double (or triple at best) and that is certainly not a bad thing. It just isn't the "classic" many are making it out to be. BTW, with regards to the ending being real or a dream? I didn't really care and that is the true test for me. The film was too full of gimmicks, exotic locales and "what if" scenarios to keep me interested to that degree. In the end, it is just a movie, albeit a good one...but far from great. Expand
  5. Sep 5, 2010
    Best film of the year. The architecture is just fabulous. The concept of entering another person's dream to plant an idea is remarkably creative. It may be science fiction now, but maybe it isn't.

DeCaprio has been making a living as a mercenary, entering othe people's dreams and extracting ideas, information wanted by his employers. He is challenged to plant an idea by a
    businessman who wants the heir to a conglomerate to diverse his company, when he inherits. Leo's character has to assemble a team of experts to accomplish this task. Does he do it?

The viewer must be ready to concentrate and engross themselves for over two hours, otherwise, like a bathroom break, and you come back completely confused.

This is one of the best films I've seen in over 60 years.
  6. Sep 5, 2010
    This does go into the weeds - past the point of belief. But, like any GOOD movie, it makes you SUSPEND that belief. I did not find this to be anything PROFOUND (yeah, I capitalize my points), but a good movie it is. Excellent acting all around - no complaints. It's well-presented, and although it is actually quite a VERY long film (2h20something if memory serves), you never notice.. Probably the best compliment I can pay.

At the end, some people think it's oh so mystical, etc. No - it isn't that. But what it is is an EXCELLENT combination of period-piece filmmaking, music and casting. (note I didn't say PLOT) They don't distinguish a timeline with respect to the styles they portray, which I thought was awesome. It could have been 70 years ago or today. Nice touch, I thought. Casting was immaculate all the way around. Probably by accident, but no matter.

It is true that the IMAX version is BEST. I live in NC but I was out in CA on business and saw it in an IMAX in Santa Clara which was very well done (the sound, in particular, was really well-done).

In my opinion, it's not "earth-shattering," but it's a very fine movie nonetheless. I highly recommend it.

Just know what you're looking at, OK? ;)
  7. Sep 6, 2010
    Fabricating dreams and threading them together to make a cohesive multi-layered blanket is a daunting task that's awfully difficult to weave. However, Christopher Nolan pieces together a marvelous endeavor deep into lucid dreams within dreams with Inception. The dazzling summer blockbuster is a fascinating heist film with rich visual effects and a vastly engaging plot that passes quicker than the elapsed time would indicate. This is convenient, though, because this pic undoubtedly requires more than just one viewing to fully embrace. Enter Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio), an extractor who enters dreams of others in order to get otherwise unobtainable information. Along with a team consisting of point man Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), architects Nash (Lukas Haas) and Ariadne (Ellen Page), and forger Eames (Tom Hardy), Cobb is auditioned to commit the perfect crime for business tycoon Saito (Ken Watanabe). In order to alter the fate of Saito's business, Cobb is instructed to plant an idea in the mind of corporate rival Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy) that will persuade him into dismantling his father's business. Along the way, Cobb frequently encounters the adequately named Mal (Marion Cotillard), his deceased wife that has an unrelenting determination to keep him in the dream limbo. Her intense desire serves as the most significant emotional conflict, steering Inception away from being a superficial heist film. However, this doesn't cement Inception as a deep journey into character. Nolan meanders into the life of Cobb and his strained relationship with his family. This strain Cobb blames himself for, but the reason for the blame eventually develops as the film progresses. The backdrop of the rest of the characters is vague, not offering much substance to the characters. Some hints lie within Fischer's character, including a cryptic artifact that paints significant dimension, though it's subtle enough to go unnoticed. Additionally, Ariadne shovels out plenty exposition, but it is forgiveable given the already convoluted plotline and potential time constraints. Perhaps a film with this kind of magnitude needs some sort of explanation--it's not so much of a force feed, and the exposition doesn't hinder the pace. It's just there and it might be a bit much for those who vehemently oppose it, but keep in mind that without it, there's a good chance that it would make the film much more difficult to follow.
    Inception is an intricate dive into the deepest state of mind that threads a remarkable sense of surreality. Don't ignore this film. See it more than once. Disregard the critics' opinions until you make your own, though a first impression will not be sufficient. This is the Hollywood summer blockbuster of your dreams.
  8. Sep 8, 2010
    This is a great movies for fans of classic movies and people who like the modern movies this idea is very orginal but has some insiperations of movies in the past and the action scenes were great! while telling the story in the same time whitch i havnt seen in much movies these days the only thing that holds inception back from a perfect 10 is that i was entering the theather kinda scared that i may not get it but to be honest i got it perfectly but in the beggning i was sorta lost but i got right back to it so my anticipations were differnet but the ending was defintly not predictable i did not see it coming so everyone who is a fan of any kind of geners of movies will love this movie Expand
  9. Sep 9, 2010
    So, are people reviewing "The Matrix" or Inception?" I'm confused. I treat going to a movie like I treat the day when I awake...if I get too excited or have high expectations or preconceived notions, I set myself up for possible disappointment. We just bought our tickets, put our butts in the seats, and let it play. I found Inception a thrill ride, and much better than the blockbuster drivel that passes for entertainment these days. If you want human interaction that builds drama, this isn't the movie for you. If you want a no holds barred action flick that is highly inventive, breathtaking, and challenges you to pay attention in our world of texters and multi-taskers; put your money down and enjoy Inception. Expand
  10. Sep 10, 2010
    This film was completely monotonous, and far too long. The characters had no depth at all. When you think about what 'plot' means, you would be able to see that the plot of Inception was so plain and thoughtless that it insults every viewer it hands out its complimentary rose shades to. Inception may have amounted to something of substance if it had spent more time thinking about what it was lacking and less time running around in zero gravity squealing 'Yay! Look at what I can do!' Expand
  11. Sep 10, 2010
    Very dynamic, VERY GOOD! Leonardo and Ellen were great. I have nothing else to say so bravo to the people who made this movie and it was very very very very very very very good!
  12. Sep 10, 2010
    Good movie. I found the ending to be a bit cliché, and was easily predictable at least half an hour into the film. I really was hoping for it not to end that way, and felt a bit cheated. Also, as much as it tries to be a movie that make you think about it long after it's over, it doesn't.

That said, It does an amazing job exploring and fleshing out the subject matter. In that
    regard, it is truly unique and very much worth seeing.

If you liked this film, I would also highly recommend seeing Paprika.
  13. Sep 11, 2010
    Two words to describe this movie: Mind F**k. The best movie of the summer, the best movie of the year, the best movie i have seen in a while. Not since The Matrix, have i been so excited about a movie.
  14. Sep 12, 2010
    This movie is fantastic. It's amusing to see how many of the negative reviews complain about confusing plots, too little action, too much action, or... amazingly... all three. For me, this movie stands out as one that makes you think; not necessarily in order to unravel the plot, which (despite some complaints) is simple enough, but about reality versus perception.

The score, acting,
    and story were all fantastic, but for me what makes this film special is that I'm still thinking about it.

Also... Ken Watanabe is the man.
  15. Sep 12, 2010
    I watched Inception and it was the most intelligent movie I've ever seen. It's not a movie that had to be plotted from the beginning, it started with an idea (ironically) and it bloomed into a story; middle to end, because there was no beginning, the beginning was the end and how it started.
    Anyone who can say this movie is bad is probably someone who doesn't appreciate true quality.
    Inception was great because the movie was great; the idea was great, and didn't need to be covered up by sex and gun fights. Anyone who say they didn't like it, don't flame the movie, either you didn't pay attention or it's just not right for you. Expand
  16. Sep 12, 2010
    It's started out very well but the rest of the movie is merely set pieces for the actions before returning to the main storyline of a man trying to get home to his children. For a movie dealing with dreams, the logic is too logical after a while and all the wonderful ability in dreams is no longer explored. Like one of the character said, "why not dream bigger?"
  17. Mar 21, 2011
    My God, what a disappointment! I can hardly believe this movie was directed by the same guy who directed the masterpiece "The Dark Knight." This movie has the worst plot I've ever seen, way too convoluted!
  18. Sep 16, 2010
    Excellent film. A fascinating take on merging fact and fiction of dreams and the human mind. Nolan once again has a great story influenced by human nature.
  19. Dec 23, 2010
    **** the media **** the haters **** everybody who dont like this movie because this is the most fresh and innovating movie ever. This is a 10 should be an 11 but since most of the populace are ****ing retards then here i got something for ya **** YOU haha
  20. Sep 19, 2010
    There are no words. Perfection. Visually and narratively stunning and heartbreaking, while also ground-breaking and heartwarming. Fascinating on every level.
  21. Sep 19, 2010
    An excellent movie on all levels. Great cast. Great storyline. Great directing. Great score. It was a '10' on all levels.

I have watched it 3 times already.
  22. Mar 28, 2011
    There are about five things that I hate about this world. And one of them is how goddamn overhyped and overrated this movie is. People say that they like if because they didn't understand it. It's just like Chinatown. Only that one was good.
  23. Jan 20, 2011
    This film does not need any more reviews, but I wanted a vote. It's awesome, clean, polished, intelligent, exciting, Deserves film of the year. Best film in last 3 years,
  24. Nov 2, 2010
    A decent movie and a very good performance by Leonardo DiCaprio. I think people are over blowing the whole concept of this movie, it's not really that hard to understand, the movie just makes it seem more complicated than it is. The ending is particularly good.
  25. Oct 8, 2010
    this is the best movie i've ever seen, and in my opinion the best movie ever made. the acting is great, the story intriguing and engrossing and the effects dazzling. this is the movie to go see this year, if not this lifetime.
  26. Aug 30, 2011
    Chris Nolan is my favorite director, and this may be his best work to date. Inception is executed so brilliantly in so many areas that if you are like me, you mouth was open through half the movie. When you think of Nolans last two movies, neither The Dark Knight or Inception had one scene that was wasted or didn't move the plot forward. Keeping in mind that they are both 2hr 30mins, it's quite an impressive feat. The last thing I want is a movie where I say to myself "why was that scene included?". Nolan really knows what he is doing at all times, and best of all he trusts that the viewer is keeping up with the story just as well as he is. It's about time Nolan gets a Best Director nod. Expand
  27. Oct 9, 2010
    Few movies go for the feel that Inception brings to the table- the story revolves around, "Dream Thieves," who get hired by people to go into the sleeping minds of others to retrieve information. As the move goes on the main character explains the rules of the dream world, and how time gets slower the more layers you go down. Near the start of the movie, the main character and his team are hired to preform an elaborate performance on a CEO's son to get him to cancel his company. I have to say, when they are doing the dream theft it is pretty sweet- it might remind you of The Dark Knight in terms of awesomeness. The story of the movie seemed fairly strong, and I liked how they developed the main character, but they didn't seem to develop the rest of the team enough, which was a bit of a disappointment. But the ending will leave you wondering, something I loved about the movie. If you enjoyed Nolan's previous films (Batman Begins, Dark Knight) or some of DiCaprios recent appearances, this is a good film for you. Expand
  28. Oct 9, 2010
    A really entertaining and original movie. Likely the best of the summer movie season of 2010 - i.e. better than Iron Man 2 and just a hair above Toy Story 3. Leonardo fits the movie and simply knows how to pick scripts and directors. When was the last time that Leonardo was in a bad picture? I am not even a big Leonardo fan, but he knows how to pick his projects.

Well worth the
    ticket price. I will be buying this on DVD. Expand
  29. Oct 10, 2010
    Not the most epic, but good. Good performance by DiCaprio, an averege really acting. I still with Shutter Island the most cultic movie of 2010. Very classic modern story but very very fantasy by Nolan brithers. I think after The dark Knight , Nolan be going a little bit slow now, I very expect that next Batman of Nolan in 2012 will be the best ever of Batman, I think he must cast to the film Johnny Depp for Lead Villian in the Movie and stay with Gary Oldham with the dirtty police-man after all Expand
  30. Jun 9, 2011
    Easily one of the best movies ever made!!! Nolans vision is original and his mind is truly spectacular!!! The actors could not have been chosen better and the effects were just perfection!!!
  31. Jan 1, 2011
    Christopher Nolan made the first script for this back in 2001. Now, nearly ten years and two brilliant Gotham-set movies, it is released. The question is, is Inception any good? In short, YES! Inception is a serious contendor for film of the year. It is the rare movie that makes you think, whilst entertaining you with brilliant visuals. All of the cast play their role brilliantly, not one actor wavering throughout. The highlights have to be Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing their roles with such whim whilst venturing through serious situations. I heard this film be described as Ocean's Eleven meets The Matrix. It certainly is, as the first part plays out with the group recruiting and planning, ala Oceans, with each character playing a certain role. The second part than plays out as The Matrix, with the characters venturing through worlds which aren't real to set out their goal. The gravityless fight scene is a sight to behold, a high point of the movie. During the mind sequences, when met by the enemy, you fear for the characters fates. It is at this moment that I realised something. These characters aren't heroes. They're anti-heroes. Their mission is to trick a company heir into dissolving his fathers company, for Sato's personal gain. But we don't care about that, we care for these characters. From that, Christopher Nolan proves he is talented with writing characters, let alone movies. All in all, this movie is an event. It will make you think, and entertain you with it's awesomeness. This film is a must-see Expand
  32. Oct 17, 2010
    It was a ridiculously entertaining film with amazing visuals and memorable action scenes. Although confusing and too specific at times it will keep you at the edge of your seats.
  33. Jan 31, 2011
    The trailer for the film was fantastic, and the fact that Chris Nolan directed it reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see it. When I saw it, I liked it but didn't love it like so many others. I tend to see things black or white, so the story that so many people have blogged and argued and were confused about seemed pretty straight forward to me. In fact, the characters explain what is going to happen when they are inside a dream, then when they dream it does happen. Another problem I had with the film is that I didn't care about any of the characters, so I didn't care if they died or not. A better film than this one in the same genre would be "Dark City". That one blew my mind AND I cared about the characters. I also thought the loud soundtrack sometimes muted the dialogue. Overall a good film with great special effects that might get better for me with repeated viewings. Expand
  34. Feb 16, 2011
    I have seen and loved every one of Nolanâ
  35. Oct 24, 2010
    Wow that was... amazing. Every second I was sitting at the edge of my seat, wating for the next plot twist. A film of this quality is not normal; do yourself a favor a watch it twice
  36. Oct 27, 2010
    Inception is the latest film from Writer/Director, Christopher Nolan. The same guy who brought the world Batman Begins, Memento, Insomnia, The prestige, and, most importantly, The Dark Knight. Seeing as how The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films of all-time, I didn't think Nolan could out due this masterpiece. So, when I first heard of Inception, I didn't expect it to live up to The Dark Knight. I was wrong. Inception is as good, if not better than The Dark Knight.
    I have no idea how to even begin speaking of how great this film this is. The cast is amazing, especially Leonardo DiCaprio, who gives the performance of his life. The look is unlike any other movie ever. The changing environments, the amount of layers, and the scope are unreal. everything about this movie is just perfect.
    I'll begin with the cast. The Film is power packed with loads of great actors and actresses. I already spoke about Leo and I'll come back to him. Tom Hardy from Band of Brothers plays a shape-shifting Eames. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Arthur, an extractor. Ellen Page, who played Juno in, well, Juno, plays Ariadne and architect. Cillian Murphy, Who played a chilling scarecrow, plays Robert Fischer, the future leader of a billion dollar energy company. Dileep Rao plays a medicine man who produces the team with drugs to enter deep sleeps. Ken Watanabe is the man who funds the entire project. Marion Cotillard plays Mal, Cobb's former Wife. And good 'ole Leonardo plays Cobb and extractor tasked with implanting the idea of breaking apart a huge energy company soon to be run by Robert Fischer. He puts together an elite team of 5(6 since the funder comes along) to do this near impossible mission of inception.
    The look is amazing. The constantly changing scenes, especially towards the end, make an amazing feat of editing glory. The movie was filmed in 6 different countries going from a small hotel room to a snowy landscape in seconds. The idea of layers also plays deeply in the movie. Its hard to explain without spoiling the movie, but its a key concept that lasts through out the entire film.
    I already spoke of the acting, but, god, I was blown away. Leonardo DiCaprio gives an amazing performance as a man who had everything and then lost it. the amount of emotion and conveying is so intense that I have already nominated and given him the academy award for best acting ever. the rest of the cast does well too, but Marion does a great job as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was nominated for best supporting actress.
    The Story is of course the best part. This is an ever going film. You can't look away for a moment. The dialogue is some of the best I've ever heard. Lines that not only develop the story, but show off Nolan's ability to make characters likable even with many flaws. The story follows these characters through many environments, of course, but the pace of the movie is just unreal. It isn't fast, but it isn't slow. Its not really in the middle either. Its literally impossible to describe.
    The movie opens with Cobb already in a dream, trying to perform an extraction. The dream, however, is a test to see if Cobb can preform the art of inception. Initially, he refuses, but after being offered a cleared name and his family back, he agrees, saying, "I can do the inception. I've done it before." Cobb puts together a team of people to build the dreams and help add an idea to Fischer's mind. The only problem is, they can't give him the idea in a single dream. He would reject the idea. they have to trick him into believing that he actually came up with the idea. The devise a plan to go through 3 levels of dreams. I wouldn't spoil it for you, but the entire latter half of the film is shear amazement. And for all of you who think all movies have predictable endings, be warned. Inception has the greatest ending ever. Out of all the stories I've ever heard, watched, read, or even played, none compare to this one.
    The idea of the movie is amazing and very original. I heard a lot of people say that they were comparing the film to The Matrix, another very original film. I can't think of any other film that has used the idea of entering dreams. It sounds more like a crazy religion that a movie, but Nolan does it and he does it well.
    I can't get over how great this film is. If you haven't seen it, go right now and watch Inception. Its the best and most original film that you'll see this year and maybe even this decade. Inception will be remembered by many things. I will remember it as one simple thing, perfection. 5/5
  37. iXF
    Feb 22, 2014
    Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.
  38. Nov 7, 2010
    I found this movie to be entertaining and epic. It's plot was great and was something you really needed to pay attention to. The acting was great and all of the actors need to be applauded for their efforts. All in all, an epic look, great story, and great acting gives you Inception!
  39. Nov 9, 2010
    Inception is One GREAT sci-fi psychological thrillers.One of THE best in the genre.Christopher Nolan has created a masterpiece with perfect direction,phenomenal acting,great script,mind bending scenes and an action packed story being the key ingredients, making it a must-see movie...!
  40. Dec 8, 2010
    I have learned that when I was young, I would always wake up before hitting the ground during a free fall. (Always from a cliff of some sort.) However, nowadays when I find myself in that precarious position in a dream I become aware that I am in a dream and I just transport or change positions without concern. Nolan has managed to take this interesting topic of dream state and make a wholly original film exploring what is "real." In addition to the originality, the cast and editing are top-notch. The way the movie was edited and directed adds to the ambiguity by never really having a starting point. i.e. "How did you get here?" Nolan definitely expects us to keep up with him. He rarely dumbs down the dialogue reiterating things we already know. After all, I am now grown and know it is all just a dream....... Expand
  41. Jan 27, 2011
    Now I could go on for ages about this film, thats why I'll keep it brief. No brief overview from me (storyline if you will), you'll have to find that out for yourself. Since films began way back in the late 1920's there has been many classics, such as, Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, The Sound Of Music, The Great Escape, The Godfather, and Shawshank Redemption, to name a few. And rightly so they all deserve there praise and plaudits galore. But after seeing this film now five times, twice in the cinema and three on dvd, many will agree this is cinema redefined. Christopher Nolan is quite new to some people, but what he has done here is taken the money Warner Bros. have given him for the two Batman films he made and he has created something quite extraodrinary. Its a complicated film which for some may be quite long and boring, but for most its most incredible 144 minutes ever in the history of cinema. Thats why I've given Inception this bold remark, THE GREATEST FILM ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL HISTORY!!! My ratings in whatever format; 5/5, 10/10, 100%/100%, *****!!! Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2010
    Nolan had a good idea to work with here but it fell far short of such high expectations. He never lets DiCaprio act and he never lets any true emotion seep into the film to give it any lasting value. People will and have commended this movie for being such an original and risky film released in the middle of the summer. But, that aside, will it really hold its own as a seminal piece of film making in even a year? Probably not because it is too self indulgent on Nolan's part, it almost seems like a rough outline of a movie that had the potential to be way better. Expand
  43. Nov 22, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has definitely developed one of the most intriguing and original ideas in Hollywood ever. The only issue here is that Nolan holds on to that simple idea too much, of stealing people's secrets by going into their dreams. The idea is then transformed into amazing and spectacular special effects, but also having too much going on and not introducing them at the appropriate times. As well as an inconsistent flow of what scenes are slowed down, when they should be accelerating into a thrilling moment. And the direct opposite. By the end of the film, it seems that Nolan's intent is unclear and should be shown again to become clearer. Despite the flaws, the main reason that this film is good is due to Nolan's original idea and the cast line-up. Every cast member is notable and all delivering a decent performance. But it seems to much for a film and too much of a great idea, that it seems great when seeing several shots in a trailer, but doesn't execute well in a theater. Expand
  44. Nov 29, 2010
    I can give this movie no more then a full 10. I went to this movie only hearing that it was Chris Nolan behind it. I loved both Batman movies, so i thought that this would be just as well, but boy was i wrong. This was a masterpiece compared to TDK. TDK was good, but this was just out of the league. It was exactly the kind of movie i liked. Dropping out clues throughout the movie, only to make them fit as a pussle in the end. And the scoreline is so beautiful too, i went home and straight on to Spotify to look for the soundtrack. And i remember a scene from the end of the movie, and listened to that scenes score, and it gave me the chills. Expand
  45. Jul 29, 2011
    This movie is probably "The Movie" of 2010. By that I mean it is perfect to see with friends, family, coworkers, whatever you want. The second thing that makes this "The Movie" is that it's filled with action (actionful?) and it has a plot. Not very many movies can do that nowadays. Awesome story, Awesome Action, Awesome ending, Awesome directing, Awesome acting, Awesome movie.
  46. Dec 11, 2010
    7.4/10? Really? Movie critics needs to learn how to do their job. This is by far the most charming, well-filmed and acted and lets not forget, most mind-blowing movie I've seen in a while. It makes you think about life. It borrows from The Matrix but I enjoyed it just as much as I did with Matrix. Granted there are unrealistic moments (eg. the technology of going into a dream which feels so real you get confused) and sure there might even be a few plot holes and bad logic but hey, sci-fi films are where imagination is at its best, we watch movies not to pick on the plot holes but to get entertained and Inception surely is the as entertaining as movies can get. I'll admit i didn't get some parts of the movie when I watched it the first time, but after a second run, everything became clear, You have to watch it twice. Movie of the year. Easily 10 out of 10. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it may lead to a rise in suicide rates because it indirectly promotes suicide. Expand
  47. Nov 23, 2010
    One of the better movies made in while. A very intruiging concept that really gets you thinking. It isnt perfect but its pretty close. Its one of those movies you have to really pay close attention to and there is plenty of action, special effects are nicely done. Overall very good. 9/10.
  48. Jan 5, 2011
    Inception is definitely one of the best movies of the year. I don't understand how some of you can say that this movie is bad, or boring. Chris Nolan did a great job with this and he definitely should be awarded with an Academy Award.
  49. Nov 24, 2010
    Inception a bladderful of a movie. It's long. As befits a film written and directed by the guy who made Batman cool again, it's heavy on the action and visual arts. As befits a film written and directed by the guy behind Memento, it has a mind-bending plot. What's the movie about? The most basic of questions: what is reality? It plays with us by sending its characters into ever-deeper layers of dream states in search of a MacGuffin. And while the film ostensibly delivers the obvious enigmatic ending, it's scattered with hints that suggest a further hidden layer. How clever. By the time my bladder had insistently declared its presence, I was bored with the spectacle. For the film is indeed a spectacular, the sort of thing Hollywood does well. It's also an example of what Hollywood spectaculars often don't do well; it fails to connect with the emotions, with our sense of empathy. This, despite a plot in which the love interest is a central device. Ellen Page is terrific as the spunky, wisecracking, rule-breaking girl who gets pregan.... wait, let me start over; Ellen Page is terrific as the spunky, wisecracking, rule-breaking sidekick. She's also at risk of getting typecast as a spunky, wise.. well, you get the idea. Leonardo DiCaprio is excellent as the thinking man's tortured action hero. He looks great. Everyone else is a cipher, including the aforementioned love interest. I'm sure that Inception is a visually stunning, intellectually intriguing movie. I'm not sure it earned the right to test my bladder's breaking point. Expand
  50. Dec 20, 2010
    With Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, making Inception is another big step towards the Oscars. Although Nolan did not get nominated in 2008 for The Dark Knight, directing Inception will definitely give him a boost in the category. A story taken in a place where we can go into people's dreams and control them completely. Just like Nolan's previous work, Memento, Inception's script is complex yet very entertaining and easy for the audience to understand. Intellectually, Inception is a very high-class film, but the film also demonstrates its dramatic side in which Leonardo DiCaprio comes in. The cast delivered with a sense that they knew exactly what was going on and Joseph Gordon-Levitt added the fun element to the film. Inception is mind-blowing, visceral, and smart, at the same time delivering the biggest Hollywood blockbuster of the year. OscarBuzz: Best Picture (like Avatar last year), Best Screenplay, Best Director (maybe), Best Support Actor - Levitt (good chance), Best Actor - DiCaprio (maybe), Technical awards (total domination)!!! Expand
  51. Dec 12, 2010
    Okay, Let me first start by saying that Christopher Nolan spent 10 years writing this film, so right from the start this film must be worth watching. This isn't your ordinary psychological thriller, it's not something where you can guess the next scene or assume how it will end. A lot of films these days often seem to be recycled, whether they are sequels, remakes, or inspirations from other films. "Inception" however, is pure original and it's evident almost from the beginning. The style, music, the entire concept. It is structured in such a way that it seems like it makes a lot of sense than it actually does, as always with anything that is maze-like. Let's just say that when Christopher Nolan was creating "Memento" he was warming up. I personally feel "Inception" is his best work yet.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  52. Dec 4, 2010
    I loved this movie. I thought it was one of the best of the year. The visuals were incredible, and the story was creative sci-fi adventure. I really can't see how people said this was boring or the plot lost itself. I was in a packed theater and you could hear the response vocally; they seemed to love it. I think it is just backlash because it made so much money and was all over the media at the time; people come in with a glass of haterade. If it wasn't for you cool, but don't give it a zero just to hate on something. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE inception! The first time i watched it, I found it kind of hard to understand but i still loved it. Now that I fully understand it I love it even more! The plot is just amazing, it never ceases to surprise me and the cast was brilliant. This movie really grabbed me and is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
  54. Dec 7, 2010
    Inception is a great movie, saw it three times in theatres and never get tired of it. The dream sequences are memorable and the movie keeps you thinking, the acting is great, cast is awesome (Page, DiCaprio, Cotillard, and Levett) The story is just amazing. If you havent seen it yet...you probably dont like movies.
  55. Feb 17, 2011
    Inception has a good Syfy idea at its central core basically derived from Roger Zelazny's idea in Dream Master. As the Amazon review summarizes...

"His name is Charles Render, and he is a psychoanalyst, and a mechanic of dreams. A Shaper. In a warm womb of metal, his patients dream their neuroses, while Render, intricately connected to their brains, dreams with them, makes delicate
    adjustments, and ultimately explains and heals."

Too much shoot em up action for the box office dollars but I still enjoyed it enough to give it a 7.
  56. Dec 13, 2010
    Don't think of elephants..... What do you think of?

The concept of using your sub conscious as a form of weaponry is a fascinating concept that has been adapted to a fantastic film by Christopher Nolan. The effects were nothing short of brilliant and the concept that drives the storyline was perfect. The actors played a huge part in ensuring the success of the film and I felt that Ellen
    Page andLeonardo Dicaprio were fantastic in getting their role. Overall the concept of the movie leaves us with unanswered questions. In particular the ending of the movie questions the reality of life. In fact what do we define as real or unreal? What is reality? Are we controlled by a dream? Why do we have dreams? The movie captured my attention and was a great work. Overall a fantastic movie that was brilliantly staged by Nolan. 9/10 Expand
  57. Dec 12, 2010
    How can people NOT like this movie?! It was one of the greatest movies I've seen in a long time. Those of you who say the plot line is hard to follow are just, not to be rude, but dumb. It was easy to figure out, and the concept of the movie was mind-blowing.
  58. Dec 14, 2010
    really great for all the technicians aspects of the movie...
    ...(obviously) impressive...(with such names in the crew)...
    but about the screenplay...check south park!
  59. Mar 13, 2012
    Inception is a thriller in the style of Memento and The Prestige, but even smarter. I've seen this film up to 10 times and every time I discovered something new because the content and the story are so rich and well constructed and the action and the mind-blowing special effects just make the film an ultimate discovering. Why is it so exiting? Because the power unleashed by the dreamer's mind is that big and at the same time uncontrollable, that it has to be exiting. DiCaprio delivers a solid performance while trying to keep control over his imagination and Nolan appeals to the audience to know whether a logic interpretation of life can/should be given. Expand
  60. Sep 15, 2011
    I don't know what to say. Inception is a movie that changes film-making into an art form. Every aspect of it I loved; the mind-blowing plot, the stunning special effects, the amazing acting and every part of the film fit to be judged. For some the plot may seem confusing but I loved it in every way. It has been artfully created so that it reveals key pieces of information at precisely the right time. The performances of every one of the actors were spectacular, each demonstrating their true talents and showing what real acting is all about. The emotion and realism conveyed through the script, acting and the movie itself was astonishing. But pure originality, the one thing that every film should be judged upon, shines through Inception from start to finish. Inception is tribute to the very first of the filming world and a sign that more like it are soon to come. This is by far the best film I have ever seen and I highly recommend it. Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2011
    Pure awesomeness, though more character development and more acting depth wouldn't hurt.
  62. Jul 6, 2011
    How far can one man push the limits of filmmaking? What Christopher Nolan creates here is brillantly original and staggering; a masterpiece composed of complex ideas, logical arrangements, mind-blowing effects, 'Memento'-like sequences, stellar control, and a premise that can only be dreamt of. "Inception" is one of those seldom cinematic pieces that keeps you scratching your head and feeding on your brain throughout, after, and even after-after that. The only complaint, hence a 7 instead of a 10, is not of anything of this film, but those of Hollywood who are so dumbed-down that this blockbuster hit, comparably, has the viewer feeling like a character out of "Idiocracy; at times a bit TOO much to absorb. If grading substance alone over enjoyment, the film is in a class of itself. As metaphysical as it plays, however, the casual moviegoer will be lost within minutes of "Inception." The film demands your full attention, not even a look down to your popcorn can be had in this one. Get ready to think, and think, and think: am I even thinking right now? That's what you can expect---but honestly, shouldn't a film convey such cephal-activity? Expand
  63. Dec 26, 2010
    This film didn't take me by surprise by how awesome it was. When I first saw the trailer for it I knew it would be another great Nolan film. Absolutely, 100% original, the most original film of the year, maybe the decade (yeah, I'll say it). As far as acting and performance value, no one steals the show, but every character is at least a bit intriguing. Incredible visuals and score. The intensity and edge of your seat suspense doesn't end for an entire hour of the film. The screenplay is wonderful. At times, it moves a bit too fast, but with an idea this complex it kind of had to move fast. Astounding direction from Christopher Nolan. As far as entertainment goes, if they can give us better than this, I would love to see it. Expand
  64. Dec 24, 2010
    AMAZING MOVIE!! This movie is one of the best movie's I've ever seen. It requires quick thinking and you must have a good attention span. Also if you're looking for a movie with just action and no story look somewhere else. Movies like this have an amazing story but they're not made for mindless action. If you're going to complain that it was boring then you cannot handle a very intelligent movie like this one.
    Amazing movie go out and watch it now!
  65. Feb 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the ending. It may mean he is still in a dream, or not in one. The plot was pretty confusing, but I understood most of it. Excellent movie. Big recommend. Expand
  66. Oct 13, 2011
    best nolans work so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  67. Sep 1, 2011
    One thing for sure the movie will mess with your head. But it was slow and a bit dull for my likings. But it's definitely worth a watch just to see if you can figure out what the hell is going on.
  68. Feb 2, 2011
    Christopher Nolan has done it again. And this time, he's upped himself to a level of massive achievement. "Inception" is a masterwork, one of the best films I've ever seen. The plot line was a work of pure genius, tackling ideas that have never been approached on this level before. The film paints its picture perfectly, developing with a building level of excitement and suspense, all while advancing the story brilliantly. The musical score was booming, loud, exhilarating and outstanding. The emotional aspects of the film were presented with perfection. The whole cast gave very strong performances, adding to the prestige of the film. It retains all of this, while still being enthralling and action-packed. This has catapulted Christopher Nolan up there with master directors. Movie-makers will look back on this film for inspiration, as a masterpiece. Instant classic. Absolute brilliance. "Toy Story 3" has some competition for the "Best Picture" prize. Expand
  69. Jan 5, 2011
    I think Nolan showed his director skills in movies like Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight but he overcomes himself with this movie, Inception is a movie that no-one knew how it was going to develop, and the way it does shows his great work (not leaving behind the fine performances of the actors). The way he plays with the mind of the viewers with such an impressive script shows that he is one of the best directors of the decade Expand
  70. Jan 22, 2011
    Simply an amazing movie. From its state of the art special effects to its captivating story line, this movie is one you can't miss. After watching this movie I felt a sense of fullness, this movie truly gives you the full movie going experience
  71. Jan 7, 2011
    An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can do anything. That is what Christopher Nolan (Director) wants to resuscitate us. I am amazed by Nolan who could always tell such a complicated story so smooth. He has already proved his capability on his previous works, such as: BATMAN BEGINS (2005), THE DARK KNIGHT (2008), and sophisticated magician tale in THE PRESTIGE(2006). But I prefer to compare thiz one with his earlier masterpiece MEMENTO (2000). What he was good at, not just a great story-teller (I think he is the best in our generation) but he always made a brilliant twist and turn in every ending of his stories. INCEPTION contains multi layer story-telling which tremendously executed well, precise what we saw on MEMENTO. INCEPTION is simply a bigger scale of MEMENTO. The story tells how Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his team could invade to people minds through their dream, and Cobb job is to steal it, or plant a new one. The supporting Casts were amazing, fills with the heavy-caliber Actors such as: Michael Caine, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Ken Watanabe and others. In my notes, Dicaprio was not better than his performance on SHUTTER ISLAND (2010, early thiz year), but definitely also not a bad one either. Once again, he is success with his script selections and delivers some constant performances. Ellen Page and Cillian Murphy, both of them had just showed their extraordinary performances on **** (2010). I have to say Murphy brings one of the best performances for overall. But the best appearance is belongs to Marion Cottilard as Cobb vulnerable wife. The side-story about the dark past of Cobb and his wife draws my attention. The chemistry and that background story were one of the interesting parts from thiz movie. I could easily say, The Folding City and Revolving Room scenes will be one of the memorable moments in cinematic history. Thiz time, Nolan takes us to his dream, where an idea becomes seed of possibility. A great opening, a nice built concept for the main plot and deceitful twist of ending, it is all we needed for new level of ingenious movie. Simply, experience your life through Dream.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  72. Jan 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. just 4 !
    i die for inception .
    great and amazing movie .
    christopher Nolan is best direction .
    the best film i have seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen .
  73. Jan 7, 2011
    An action story is the means for the movie's real question: is our world real or is it a dream? The danger this idea can create is that people might commit suicide more easily, expecting they will then wake up in the real world. But really, does it matter if our world is real or only a product of our fantasy? If the dream is a paradise compared to the real world (as it also is in the Matrix trilogy) why bother about reality? Why would anyone want to live in a worse world just because it is "real"? In fact, philosophical scepticism claims that our senses are not reliable and therefore cannot tell what is real anyway. Therefore, the only thing I can be certain of is that I am because I am able to think, and rational thinking does not require my senses. However, the protagonists of Inception (as well as in The Matrix) do strive for the "real" world, which keeps the whole movie going, leading to that one last point, when they think they are in the real world again. This movie is just an introduction to lucid dreaming and only tangents philosophy, but it is definitely worth watching. Expand
  74. Jan 9, 2011
    It's a good film. It's not the best film though as so many people insist on telling me. Once you get the point of the film you realise that it's a 'dream within a dream within a dream' I don't know why people found that so hard to understand. I got to grips with the plot easily. Still though an enjoyable enough film and the score by Hans Zimmer was something else. I now believe that if someone shouted "BBBRRRRMMM" you'd know exactly what they were on about. Great music. Expand
  75. Jan 8, 2011
    Dreams layered on top of dreams makes this a difficult movie to follow. The great action is inhibited by the confusing layers of dreams. Let the confusion be your friend and enjoy the action.
  76. Jan 28, 2011
    5rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr(ñññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññ Expand
  77. Jan 10, 2011
    This film is an intellectual triller that shows that American cinema can be dominated by a movie that is not all about sex, drugs and violence( like Black Swan.)
  78. Jan 14, 2011
    This movie is just the one of the rare beautifuls movies, at least for me! (Sorry for my not perfect english)
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin rutrum malesuada dapibus. Nulla condimentum porta purus at molestie. Aliquam ornare consequat justo id commodo. Nulla et sapien non velit pellentesque rutrum. Nullam vulputate tincidunt hendrerit. In hac habitasse
    platea dictumst. Duis tempus commodo odio, ut sollicitudin dui tincidunt eget. Nulla nec laoreet mi. Duis consequat, velit non malesuada ornare, augue nisi commodo lorem, ut cursus lectus lorem vitae elit. Maecenas cursus, erat vitae viverra elementum, quam odio semper quam, sit amet sollicitudin ligula mi et eros. Nullam auctor metus nec enim feugiat volutpat cursus metus laoreet. Phasellus quis dapibus felis. Donec ullamcorper tincidunt purus, vitae scelerisque nisi consequat consectetur. Curabitur id lorem lacus, ac dignissim lacus. Aliquam tincidunt venenatis consequat. Fusce non ipsum purus, eget varius nisl. In felis odio, aliquet ut fringilla vel, gravida quis velit. Expand
  79. Jan 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply Brilliant .. ! The idea was unique and new, and it do have a realistic touch.
    People who's against this movie are simply the people who was playing with there BB during the movie.
    Thanks ..
  80. Jan 18, 2011
    It's simply a masterpiece. Christopher Nolan is a genius and both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are brilliant actors. And let's not forget about Ellen Page, a very mature acting performance. Inception should be considered as one of the best movies of all time. It has splendid technical qualities and breathtaking action scenes. The screenplay was nearly flawless. I witnessed many people discussing the ending of the film for hours, which means this movie does not only make you enjoy it, but forces you to run your brain harder and think deeper. Not too many movies will make you think these days, The Social Network for example. You just watch it and never have the need to think about what's going on or making a connection between events. In fact, for these kind of movies, you do not have to use your brain at all. A 5 year-old could have the same impression for the movie with you. That's why Inception is an extraordinary movie. If you did not watch it, please do. You won't regret it. Expand
  81. Mar 14, 2011
    Intense visual effects and a amazing acting make this a must see
  82. Jan 21, 2011
    Inception has most of the usual suspects of a summer movie: awesome action, cool characters, and shooting. However, Inception is much much more than a blockbuster. The film is brainy, complex, and emotional. The script is one of the best I have seen, with top notch ending that will leave your jaw on the floor, Inception is film perfection. Do not miss this movie, absolutely go out and see it!
  83. Jan 23, 2011
    Best movie of 2010... Great story and cast with 5 star graphics and the action and suspence non stop and a movie that will get you thinking movie well worth getting on DVD
  84. Jan 22, 2011
    Inception...... a dream within a dream..... a new concept... a new idea... much more intriguing than actually any other movie in 2010 which was either based on comics, d internet... an others with weak storylines and fake plots...dis is reall...puttin an idea into someone's head wen in ur own dream...brilliant i give dis a 10.99999999999 christopher nolan also loved the drama created in dark knight ...epic!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  85. Jan 25, 2011
    A message to low scorers of this movie who find the high scores difficult to grasp. A terrible or poor movie cannot score high among so many individuals and critics. Bad movies always get generally low scores. This is the wonder of having many people take part in scoring including critics who do this as a career. It is highly illogical that everyone was "fooled" into believing it is a good movie. The more feasible explanation is that you did not understand the movie and could not associate with the conceptual brilliance. Personally I am very critical of movies and this movie was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Period. Expand
  86. Mar 1, 2011
    I just watched this film for the second time, and I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than the first. Not to say I didn't enjoy it the first time around. It's just that watching it for a second time I could follow everything that was going on, and hence I felt a lot more engaged in the story. This really is a brilliant film that challenges the notions of space and time, reality and dreams, and truth and ideas. And it does it in an action-packed way. The dream sequences (which make up more than half the film) are also very beautiful to look at. It reminds me a little of David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive", which also polarised critics, and also took a couple of viewings to fully grasp. However Inception may be a little more accessible with its more familiar cast. I wish there were more films like this, that get you thinking, instead of the dumbed down fare we mostly get out of Hollywood. We know that films like this can be made, but its more often about box-office takings these days, and beautiful people. Thankfully films like this have a high replay value. Expand
  87. Jan 31, 2011
    In an industry filled with sequels and remakes Inception dare to be original, and for the most part it delivered!!! The only problem that I had with this movie is that it was way to long, and the ending was a little far fetched even in a fantasy world.
  88. Mar 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay the film is brilliant, that's all I have to say about that. Now in a linear thought process I will try to explain what happened. 1. Cobb lived with his family in the U.S. He and Mal explored the dreamworld all the way down to limbo. In limbo, Mal came to the belief that limbo was reality. Cobb, after finding Mal's hidden spinning top (her totem) knows for certain that limbo is not reality and has grown weary with living in limbo. He convinces Mal to take "a leap of faith with him" saying that limbo is not reality and the only way to escape it and return to the real world is to kill themselves. Mal goes along with it and they place their heads on the railroad track. 2. Mal is not permanently convinced that the real world is real though and she still longs for limbo; which for her, is her real world. She writes a note making it seem that Cobb had killed her and she wrote it to a lawyer in order to make it seem that Cobb murdered her. She believes in this way Cobb will rather take his life along with her than stay in the real world, which she believes is fake. Cobb knows otherwise and does not jump with her. After Malâ Expand
  89. Feb 6, 2011
    Hello. If by any chance what so ever you hated this movie then you should probably reread this at list a couple times. Inception is by far the best freaking movie of the decade. just as the decade has ended.
    whenever I see someone who doesn't like this movie is because they just don't understand it at all. Then they get all mad and just makes fun of it any way that they can like, '' it was
    a waste of time or money.'' well let me just tell you that there was plenty of action and actually a few funny parts in it as well( definitely more then the dark knight.). It was the '' total package '' and it is a movie that I think everyone on the planet should see it to just notice that nolan made it all by himself. The whole dream fiasco, the whole idea of it is incredible and that it doesn't just blow still amazes me to this very day. And we all had a decent dream once, right? Can't we just love Inception and get along? Expand
  90. Sep 1, 2011
    This film is an exceptional blockbuster, with heart-pounding music, a brilliant stroyline, great acting and stunning visual effects. The concept of dreams is cleverly interwined with memories and personal experience, adding a sub story to the main 'inception' mission.
  91. Feb 12, 2011
    this is the best movie ive ever watched.Nolan brings out his writing and directing ability in this movie.its quite sad he wasn't nominated for best director. :(
  92. Feb 12, 2011
    Inception has its weak points and its strengths. What makes Inception good is the fact that it explores a generally unexplored movie subject. The mind. Coupled with great action and acting this movie is a wonderful. The plot may be confusing and hard to follow, and by the end leaves you questions, however the movie does its best to convey the message of the film.
  93. Feb 19, 2011
    Without the relentless editing; bevy of name actors; clean, stylish direction; seamless special effects - this would have been a catastrophe. Christopher Nolan has somehow entangled kinetic action with analysis to make a theater experience beyond casual - there's a grandiosity, yet artful, almost European smartness to this film that makes for a thoroughly satisfying time. The film somewhat falters in it's last third, yet the wit involved in orchestrating such a feat is enough to make thoughtful action fan giddy with excitement. Expand
  94. Feb 18, 2011
    Creative dream-sight - In a modern present time confidential information can be planted inside the human brain and a man can communicate with his deceased wife.

Dominic Cobb is a sharp minded extractionist who makes a living of a modern technological discovery. The main goal with this technology is to capture secret information from ordinary peoples minds, but the goal is rotated 180
    degrees when Dominic receives an irresistible offer from a powerful Japanese, which involves inception.

After the box office hit "The Dark Knight" (2008) my expectations were great when it was announced that Christopher Nolan was making a film with Leonardo DiCaprio, and he certainly delivers. "Inception" looks good on the big screen and lacks nothing when it comes to the films technological and aesthetic aspects. The films versatile acting ensemble engages with their energetic and well articulated interpretations. Marion Cotillard, Ken Watanabe and Cillian Murphy stands out, while Leonardo DiCaprio continues to prove why he is hired by masterful directors. "Inception" is 220 minutes like the speed of light with thriller, drama, comedy and action, that describes and visualizes the experience of being awake and in dreams at the same time. Nolan's dream-sight and level of creativity can be associated with "The Matrix" (1996) and "Vanilla Sky" (2001). Intellectual dialog, progressive editing, sublime architecture photography and a thought intensive screenplay are some of the strongest elements in this ingenious film.
  95. Feb 11, 2012
    Inception is a great film but while I was watching this for the first time, I was saying to myself "What is going on here?" I was saying that to myself the second time I say it as well. Still a great film though.
  96. May 29, 2011
    A pretty good idea. The movie seems to present a parallel universe which tends the reality. The special effects and the characterâ
  97. Feb 19, 2011
    I can't believe someone actually said that the Matrix was better............ I must admit the first Matrix was awesome, but then by the next two sequels it went "Hollywood" I swear those fight scenes in Reloaded looked like Keanu Reeves was on "Dancing with the stars" It was like no one on the set even attempted to make the fight scenes look real. (It looked like really bad dance moves especially with the sountrack blazing in the background behind each fight scene) Now Inception obviously came from a Hollywood that has become "Matrixed" out(And I'll give that much for the matrix trilogy, for setting a new standard) But Inception has a really great flow about it, its quite smooth in its distribution, Its like walking right into a dream that someone has created. The creators of this film obviously truly thought this film through, which today doesn't seem to happen much, the truth of this is that by the end of the film , you realize that they were the "Architects" and you were the patsy whose mind they've manipulated by a dream they've created. Expand
  98. Feb 20, 2011
    A mind-bending, intricately constructed film. Nolan's surreal imagery, deeply layered story telling, and compelling visual style make this a must-see. Top-notch acting, superb direction, and fantastic special effects.
  99. Feb 26, 2011
    A really interesting concept, but the movie falls short in many, many aspects. Character development, apart from Cobb (which is only adequate), is non-existant. Therefore I wasn't emotionally invested in the movie at all. Dialogue is a bit clunky, with so many expositions at the beginning of the film. The SFX were nice, but we've seen a lot of it before. They lacked the wow factor of say the Matrix, Avatar or Terminator 2. The climax felt rushed and there was way too much actiona and big explosions for what is supposed to be a thoughtful sicence fiction film. Plotholes in a complex plot such as this are inevitable, but for me, there were simply too many.

In summary a great idea, but too much action and not enough character development. The ideas in this movie and the 'setup' at the beginning felt forced in a way that, say, the Matrix never did. This is a clever film for a blockbuster, but its execution falls well, well short of the user reviews on here. The critics are nearer the mark on this one.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.