8.6

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Utterly fantastic movie. Better than any of Nolan's former movies, best movie of the year (bar Toy Story 3). The effects are amazing, the cast is perfect, it's one of the most original things I've ever seen and it's just a perfect package. I loved it because it's not the average summer action movie - it actually makes you think for a change, unlike, say, Transformers or Star Trek.

Go in

Go in expecting to think. If you go in expecting it to be another Dark Knight, you're not only stupid, you're expecting the wrong movie. Without trying to sound elitest, the only reason I can't see someone liking this movie is if they're either stupid, impatient or refuses to listen to something without explosions every five seconds. Those are good, but Inception isn't one of them. It's just clever action, and I can't think of anything else like it. 10/10, see it now.
  2. Aug 11, 2010
    Inception, is an amazingly smart flick, that could have only been given from an outstanding director, and superior actors. they all come together to bring you a film that grabs hold of you and shakes you dry, and even when the movie finishes. you're left with a sense of confusion, and wonder.
  3. Oct 31, 2010
    Although painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bondAlthough painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bond movie structure and the this-worldliness of the dreamscapes is familiar enough as not to drive away the non-SF and non-surrealist crowds... It would really not be fair to ask for much more in a movie. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2010
    Great when viewed again, otherwise credit goes to SFX and camera shots. I was about to give 7 but after reading JaneC review, this person seems to give the most unbiased reviewng- mentioning the Japs coudn't speak a single english word. Music added the depth and the script was going in a whole new direction until the controversial ending made me cold!
  5. Aug 12, 2010
    wow, this movie was really good, i am serriously thinking about going to see it again, it left me with so many doubt about what went on and what did´t happen, well thats how crasy the movie was. so go see it and be careful , u have to pay atention to all of the details.
  6. Aug 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a fantastic film with a fantastic actor how leonardo dicaprio and with a fantastic director how cristhoper nolan.
    very very very advisable.
    In fact, i'm sure that this film comes to make a revolution in the oscars.....
  7. Aug 24, 2010
    Overall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and someOverall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and some implausible plot developments. The acting of some does redeem the characters being similar (those being Dicaprio, Cotillard, Page, and pleasant surprise Murphy) and the movie is saved with its head warping action sequences and the perfection of CHristopher Nolan. Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2010
    Great flick. Could be a perfect 10, but the story has a few holes that bothered me. Cast was great. Leo was Leo, always great, but sometimes i feel like I'm watching the same character in every movie he does.
  9. Aug 12, 2010
    Liked the concept and way the film developed. Although easy to work out in the end as to the overall finality of it all have to say I enjoyed it and will watch it again.
  10. Aug 12, 2010
    I had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causesI had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causes you to really think, than this movie is certainly for you. Nolan has really come up with an ingenious film concept and has thought through this plot. By the end of the movie, I was blown away. It was quite amazing. Expand
  11. Aug 13, 2010
    Not as good as Matrix but very well done and well worth the time and money. You definitely had to pay attention but that is part of its appeal--you had to think.
  12. Aug 13, 2010
    This is the kind of movie Iâ
  13. Aug 13, 2010
    Inception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginosoInception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginoso combo de ficção high concept e heist thriller mantém os pesados traços que definem seu criador, vitalizados, contudo, por um elemento essencial desabrochado desde o díptico Batman: coração, empatia para com o fator humano, uma representação mais direta de sentimentos dos personagens (construídos com zelo, defendidos com garra por cada membro do elenco), o que não só facilita mas também torna merecido o investimento emocional da plateia. Ninguém traduz o mundo dos sonhos para o cinema com a mesma habilidade de David Lynch, embora Nolan se mantenha na dianteira quando o assunto é, de alguma forma, a obsessão. Expand
  14. Aug 13, 2010
    Excellent Experience almost perfect, one of the best movies I've seen in years. I can´t wait for the Blu Ray. The Dream is Real
  15. Aug 13, 2010
    Wow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has everyWow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has every seen..he watches a lot of movies. But ya, just open your mind and see it. Just dont get incepted. Expand
  16. Aug 17, 2010
    I would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you couldI would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you could watch it at your own pace. Expand
  17. BKL
    Aug 13, 2010
    Best Leonardo DiCaprio Movie EVER! This is way better than Titanic, and The Aviator. The Plot makes sense, and Little CGI was used to make this movie.
  18. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A must see, Inception is confusing at the beginning but it really captures you. I must say this is my favorite movie of all times. A marvelous film with good performances and a great director. Expand
  19. Aug 13, 2010
    Liked the progression of the story as well as the "stacking" of plot lies to create a long segment of action. Very matrix-like but more clear and easier to understand.
  20. Aug 13, 2010
    A mind-expanding film that will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the all-time greats. Incredible special effects, an ideal score from Hans Zimmer and, most pleasingly; outstanding performances from some of the finest actors of today.
  21. Aug 14, 2010
    Very great movie!! I like especially the time pressure and the open end.
    The first half hour you don't get anything but then the story gets clearer and clearer but in the end you don't know what happened...again...
  22. Aug 14, 2010
    Christopher Nolan is well known for his recent revamp of the popular Batman film series. The Dark Night was one his most critically acclaimed pieces, resulting in a huge boost to the saga but also raising the expectations of his future films. He now steps back into the limelight after two years to deliver his mind twisting thriller; Inception. Costing over $150 million to make, itâ
  23. Aug 14, 2010
    It was a good movie, but definitely overrated. I watched it expecting a lot more but, while I liked the concept of a dream within a dream, the execution was poor. Sure, the CGI and special effects were great, but there was absolutely no character development for the supporting cast. Also, the constant state of climax made it feel bland: If everything is climax, then nothing is climax.
  24. Aug 14, 2010
    This is the best movie I have ever seen. But not even loving it, not even seeing it twice in theaters, can I know who that man is near the end. I'll need to watch it a third time to find out, which will not be a chore, but a treat.
  25. Aug 18, 2010
    A perfect film. Filled with nolan's original concepts and filmmaking mastery. I find the most amazing part of this film is his ability to convey thoroughly his dreamscape storyline. My only complaint was the excessive gunfighting, which spoiled the overall feel of the movie somewhat.
  26. Aug 14, 2010
    THe hype was huge, the idea behind the movie was incredible, and it mostly lived up to both of those things. The movie is not perfect, and there will be detractors, but it is a unique movie that will make you think.
  27. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is a rare blend of of both the visceral and the intellectual elements of film -a true cinema experience- My best since Fight Club. I was really surprised I loved this movie as much as I did-since usually a highly hyped movie usually leaves disappointed - I'm looking at you Avatar.
  28. Aug 14, 2010
    I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, and Inception ranks as one of his best, if not the best. Highly original, a rarity these days, the story is dense but richly rewarding.
  29. Aug 15, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has a catalogue of previous works that is undoubtedly envied by professional and amateur directors and writers alike, featuring the blistering talent of The Dark Knightand Memento amongst others. Does the hugely anticipated Inception live up to the standard set by Nolanâ
  30. Aug 15, 2010
    With an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentratedWith an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentrated for 150 minutes. En if you drop your concentration for a single minute, you won't understand a thing.

If I could, I would've given it more than score 10.
  31. Aug 17, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Period. Those who gave it negative reviews didn't understand it. I guess they should waste their time reviewing other movies which they might try to comprehend with their pitiful, secluded minds while the rest of us enjoy one of the best movies on the planet.
  32. Aug 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love it! Is a movie that makes you think about a lot of things. Visually stunning, Superb soundtrack and exciting plot. After seeing the movie you get the feeling that you see everything in a different and exciting way. Expand
  33. Aug 15, 2010
    What "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well inWhat "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well in the first act that we almost always know what's going on later in the film, though it is rarely explained distinctly. The visuals are dazzling and the action can be intense, but ultimately this is a film of philosophy and theologies, rather than the usual summer blockbuster. One of 2010's best films. Expand
  34. Sep 13, 2010
    Anyone who didn't enjoy this movie should stick with Twilight, Clash of the Titans, Sex & The City 2 and other such Hollywood drivel. What or who were you expecting to see? I suspect if Cobb's character was called Jack, the dreams sequences were filmed on a sinking boat and the deceased heroine were Kate Winslet you'd all be wetting your pants with excitement.
  35. Aug 16, 2010
    If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together,If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together, and a noteable performance from Tom Hardy was a delight to watch. A highly recommended film to see right now before you run the risk of any spoilers, and once youâ Expand
  36. Aug 16, 2010
    To affirm two streams of critique pervading this site: (1) Inception makes very little, if any, sense; (2) Inception is awesome fun. One way to reconcile these two, apparently conflicting notions is to restate the basic fact that inception is a movie--most notably a movie that takes place almost entirely in worlds of dreams. Where Nolan (may) go astray is that he attempts to layer aTo affirm two streams of critique pervading this site: (1) Inception makes very little, if any, sense; (2) Inception is awesome fun. One way to reconcile these two, apparently conflicting notions is to restate the basic fact that inception is a movie--most notably a movie that takes place almost entirely in worlds of dreams. Where Nolan (may) go astray is that he attempts to layer a system of logic and physical laws over the realms of imagination and subconscious; any such system is, of course, untenable (though quite fun--as Freud/Jung/etc. also prove). At the same time, some such system is critical in order to create the game within which the movie plays. So all along the way the viewer is confronted with massive offenses to her reason: the main logic being that the imagination doesn't play by rules. Bring on the insults--because their packaged inside one freakin' cool box. Expand
  37. Aug 16, 2010
    I must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularlyI must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularly Cotillard (who knew she could be so scary?) and the ever-excellent DiCaprio. I did feel that Ariadne was maybe slightly miscast, and as good as I think Ellen Page is, I felt her role could have been played by pretty much anyone. That's a minor niggle though, and probably a result of my not being able to find much else to constructively criticise. A marvellous thriller in every sense of the word - in scope, imagination and execution. Expand
  38. Aug 16, 2010
    A totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level areA totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level are exquisite -- and take a few minutes after leaving the theater to re-enter reality. I drove very carefully for the first five minutes going home from this. Expand
  39. Oct 6, 2010
    This is a Amazing movie with so many good actors. I really liked this movie. It's seriously mind blowing. Christopher Nolan is really a true genius. I really hope that this movie will get nominated for best picture(which it probably will).
  40. Aug 17, 2010
    I don't want to call Christopher Nolan a hack director, because by all rights, he isn't. But if he continues to receive these accolades so undeservedly, I might just have to in order to balance out the hyperbole. In truth, this movie was far from terrible, and on paper, much like Nolan's The Dark Knight, this film is my wet dream. As a fully realized epic depicting a futuristic world withI don't want to call Christopher Nolan a hack director, because by all rights, he isn't. But if he continues to receive these accolades so undeservedly, I might just have to in order to balance out the hyperbole. In truth, this movie was far from terrible, and on paper, much like Nolan's The Dark Knight, this film is my wet dream. As a fully realized epic depicting a futuristic world with equal parts sci fi, sophistication, dream science, and suave- all made possible by near-perfect special effects and amazing camera work- how could it go wrong? The story follows, primarily, Dom Cobb (DiCaprio), a mercenary agent of sorts working for various private companies to extract information from other company leaders' minds wile they sleep. Naturally, to give him a backstory, Cobb is also seeking redemption from the United States for some unknown reason, and has been forbidden to returning to his children due to exile. As the story progresses, Cobb is given the opportunity to get a clean slate, if only he can successfully build a team of people to go into the mind of the head of a major executive and plant an idea instead of extracting one- inception. Throw in an excellent cast of characters, how incredibly cool does this sound? How does any of it not hit home? And in fact, it doesn't really go wrong- perhaps by the sheer merit of the aforementioned ingredients and premise. However, three major, glaring problems hold this film back from realizing true greatness. It's risky for me to bring you, the reader, three levels into my psyche, but it's necessary. We need to go deeper. 1. Logistics and plot holes. On the first plane, we have the logistics of the movie. For all the praise this film is getting, you would think that this film was immune to pitfalls as basic as logical story arc progression. Unfortunately, it isn't. In fact, this film is simply riddled with myriad examples of nonsensical rules that are set up and broken all within the two hour run time. At the beginning of the movie, much like that little indy film The Matrix, rules are set up explaining how extraction/inception works, and how the dream world (parallel to the Matrix) operates. Well, that's great- that's just what you want. To establish rules for an alternate reality is necessary in a new film. The issue is that all throughout the movie, Nolan decided it would be great for characters to continually add new rules while simultaneously breaking the old rules. If you set rules, don't break them shortly thereafter. This breaks the trust of the audience, and the believability of the world you created. Without ruining anything, the second half of the movie is essentially a multilayered dream. In order to get out of each level, one must get a "kick" to move up until you reach complete consciousness- usually easiest to do this by getting killed or killing yourself. However, due to various extenuating circumstances, the multilayered dream won't allow for such an easy wake-up. Instead, dying brings you down lower in the dream state to a subconscious realm called Limbo. Way to switch up the rules. That would be fine I suppose except then, simply killing oneself or getting killed in Limbo kicks you all the way back into reality. Wait- so then what's the big deal about getting stuck in Limbo? This annoyance comes along with a slew of other made up plot devices which feel completely synthetic and appear to be used for sheer convenience. Shame on you, Mr. Nolan- leave that hack style for the bad directors. 2. Violation of accepted rules of dream science Okay, I'll keep this brief because I'm a nerd and most everyone else doesn't care about this. However, I say it is relevant because Nolan professes to love the idea of dreams and how they work. There is a field of study around dreaming, and more specifically, "lucid dreaming"- wherein someone is dreaming but is conscious and acting with the knowledge that you are in a dream world. This has been well documented and there are official rules governing how a lucid dream works. Nolan is free to take liberties with dream sharing, something that is not real and is a great concept for him to invent and talk about. However, lucid dreaming is not science fiction- it's real. And in that dream science, the rules are as follows: A. To find out you are dreaming, check fine print on signs, books, etc. It will usually be nonsensical or a blur, because your mind won't fill in that level of detail. B. You may also check any digital clock to see if it is unreadable or rapidly changing, another indication you are dreaming. C. Flipping a light switch should do nothing in a dream- light levels are usually unchangeable in the dream state. The worst part is definitely that Nolan managed to follow rule C. throughout the dream sequencesâ Expand
  41. Aug 17, 2010
    Inception. One of the best films you will ever see. (probably the best). From writer/director Chris Nolan (who made the terrific Dark Knight) throws audiences into this world of awesome fight scenes, genuine emotion and white knuckle excitement. From Hans Zimmers beautiful score to the excellent performances by the cast (particularly Joseph Gordon-Levitt) quality shines out fromInception. One of the best films you will ever see. (probably the best). From writer/director Chris Nolan (who made the terrific Dark Knight) throws audiences into this world of awesome fight scenes, genuine emotion and white knuckle excitement. From Hans Zimmers beautiful score to the excellent performances by the cast (particularly Joseph Gordon-Levitt) quality shines out from everywhere. Its a film that does not degrade its audience. Its a film that assumes it's audiences intelligence; it has an amazing story, unlike most other blockbusters which just rely on visuals whilst disregarding the story (Avatar).
    In short; it's an action packed, tear jerking, exciting, funny, smart, adrenaline ride of a film, one that will forever be remembered as a modern classic. A masterclass in film making.You simply MUST see this film.
  42. Aug 17, 2010
    This movie was THE BEST I've seen in the past few years. I liked it way more than Avatar, better everything in my opinion. The story was completely original, I've heard nothing of it before. I will totally buy this movie once it releases on DVD and Blu-Ray. You must go watch it, don't miss it in theaters.
  43. Aug 17, 2010
    The most entertaining movie I have seen in a long time.
  44. Aug 18, 2010
    GREAT GREAT SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.Although iam a big fan of Nolan movies i watched dark night some 30 times . But talking about this flick i think it was OUT OF THE BOX a great relief from those nonsense summer flick i think the problem came for the most of the people that watched this flick is that it took time to click or understand the overall concept but i understood it very well it wasGREAT GREAT SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.Although iam a big fan of Nolan movies i watched dark night some 30 times . But talking about this flick i think it was OUT OF THE BOX a great relief from those nonsense summer flick i think the problem came for the most of the people that watched this flick is that it took time to click or understand the overall concept but i understood it very well it was a masterpiece. by the i should confess that the movie was very fast paced .Next time Nolan should take effort in explaining and making the plot simple. Doing this will go very well with casual moviegoers his movies will earn well. Expand
  45. Aug 18, 2010
    I don't agree with the people who totally slated this film and yet I'm not prepared to side with the people who attack anyone who thought this film was over hyped and offered very little. Personally, I think the film was quite good. However, in my opinion where this film failed was that it really didn't cause me to feel anything or to even question or think about any aspect of the film.I don't agree with the people who totally slated this film and yet I'm not prepared to side with the people who attack anyone who thought this film was over hyped and offered very little. Personally, I think the film was quite good. However, in my opinion where this film failed was that it really didn't cause me to feel anything or to even question or think about any aspect of the film. Give me the Matrix, The Usual Suspects, The Sting or a good Alfred Hitchcock thriller any day.

46. Jan 11, 2011
    Since, The Dark Knight I was amazed by Christopher Nolan's work. Then some of the films of 2010 were either stupid or a waste. Then Inception came, and blew our minds with mindbending strategies that were absolutly amazing. THE PERFECT AND BEST FILM OF 2010! I say that is better than The Dark Knight. The story was great, the director did very well, the effects were amazing, and the filmSince, The Dark Knight I was amazed by Christopher Nolan's work. Then some of the films of 2010 were either stupid or a waste. Then Inception came, and blew our minds with mindbending strategies that were absolutly amazing. THE PERFECT AND BEST FILM OF 2010! I say that is better than The Dark Knight. The story was great, the director did very well, the effects were amazing, and the film was just--Really, really amazing! 10/10! Expand
  47. Aug 18, 2010
    By far my favorite movie (so far) of 2010. Captivating in both it's creativity and complexity, Inception had me in constant deep thought. While making some key elements of the story a bit difficult to decipher (until later, when the pieces fall into place), the movie gave all intellectually inclined audience members their money's worth. Inception gets my vote for movie of the summer, andBy far my favorite movie (so far) of 2010. Captivating in both it's creativity and complexity, Inception had me in constant deep thought. While making some key elements of the story a bit difficult to decipher (until later, when the pieces fall into place), the movie gave all intellectually inclined audience members their money's worth. Inception gets my vote for movie of the summer, and most likely movie of the year. Expand
  48. Aug 19, 2010
    A movie that tries to be serious, being extremely fantastic. Too many unanswered questions. Great special effects and camera work tough.
    Altough is a long movie, you don't get bored at all. Costant action and awesome scenes make this a very enjoyable movie.
  49. Aug 19, 2010
    Inception is beyond good. It's the most original, ambitious, and mind blowing movie you will ever see. You will leave the theater in shock and awe picking up the pieces of your mind. Aside from all that inception is perfectly acted and the cinematography is exceptional. Truly one of the greatest movies to ever grace the big screen. A must see!
  50. Aug 20, 2010
    It's simple enough. Christopher Nolan's best film. Action sequences are brilliantly executed and imaginative, the cast is almost unbelievably strong helping to provide the unique depth which comes mainly from the writing. Plus you will be able to follow that story, as long as you don't have to leave at any stage.
  51. Aug 20, 2010
    Remarkable. This is the Christopher Nolan's masterpiece! Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard gave us strong performances. And the Oscar goes to...
  52. Aug 20, 2010
    As with Memento (2001) and The Dark Knight (2008) before it, Chris Nolan continues to raise the bar with yet another complex, fascinating, thrill ride. Nolan takes the layers of complexity he established in his previous films and here takes them to an almost absurd level. Inception is a phenomenal achievement from beginning to end. The performances are all top-notch (led byAs with Memento (2001) and The Dark Knight (2008) before it, Chris Nolan continues to raise the bar with yet another complex, fascinating, thrill ride. Nolan takes the layers of complexity he established in his previous films and here takes them to an almost absurd level. Inception is a phenomenal achievement from beginning to end. The performances are all top-notch (led by master-of-the-furrowed-brow Leonardo DiCaprio), but its the story and visuals that really take the cake. Innovative and invigorating this is the best film of Summer 2010. Inception delivers. Expand
  53. Aug 20, 2010
    Nolan is brilliant as usual in this summer blockbuster, as is Leonardo DiCaprio. This is a cerebral movie with lots of twists and turns, and you have to keep up. Will definitely buy on Blu-ray and watch several times to catch things I may have missed in the theater.
  54. Aug 20, 2010
    Hands down one of the most creative and original movies of the year. Although the movie can seem a bit confusing at first because there are not many explanations at the beginning. However, the movie will make so much more sense if you go watch it more than once. It definitely helped for me, for I have seen it twice in theatres and I can`t wait for it to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray.Hands down one of the most creative and original movies of the year. Although the movie can seem a bit confusing at first because there are not many explanations at the beginning. However, the movie will make so much more sense if you go watch it more than once. It definitely helped for me, for I have seen it twice in theatres and I can`t wait for it to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. Everything about the movie is just fantastic. The visuals, the story, the score, the acting, and the direction were all just simply astounding. This movie should be nominated for at least 10 Oscars. I`ve always been a fan of Christopher Nolan ever since Momento, and he continues to amaze me today with Inception. Hollywood needs more filmmakers with the ambition and originality that Nolan has to offer. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next project. Expand
  55. Aug 20, 2010
    okay, i expected a lot of this movie. From the same director of Memento and The Dark Knight. Well I can say in my opinion. Best movie EVER !, The Godfather ? Nah its boring... Inception is the best !!
  56. Aug 21, 2010
    A relateful film with all elements of it produced,barely to find anything to blame.Inception have all the thing great movie had but within a clear title to follow,which make all the thing not also.
  57. Aug 21, 2010
    Inception was a very good movie. I believe the movie, while not anywhere near straight forward, was not entirely hard to follow. The movie seemed well written and i enjoy these types of movies. Memento was a great movie and i was not disappointed by Inception either. Even with the high expectation placed on it by my friends and reviews it lived up to the hype. Great movie and wouldInception was a very good movie. I believe the movie, while not anywhere near straight forward, was not entirely hard to follow. The movie seemed well written and i enjoy these types of movies. Memento was a great movie and i was not disappointed by Inception either. Even with the high expectation placed on it by my friends and reviews it lived up to the hype. Great movie and would recommend to anyone with an open mind. Expand
  58. Aug 21, 2010
    An outstanding, intelligent film designed to get your brain whirring. The characterization is superb, the acting is brilliant, and the plot will keep you on the edge of your seat til the end. I needed to go to the toilet from the halfway mark, but simply couldn't because the film just kept building the tension up to its stunning finale. Nolan's vision is clear from the get-go, with a twistAn outstanding, intelligent film designed to get your brain whirring. The characterization is superb, the acting is brilliant, and the plot will keep you on the edge of your seat til the end. I needed to go to the toilet from the halfway mark, but simply couldn't because the film just kept building the tension up to its stunning finale. Nolan's vision is clear from the get-go, with a twist around every corner. Absolutely epic. Expand
  59. Aug 22, 2010
    it looked cool. sounded cool. a movie about a team of people who rob information from a person's dreams. and the movie was cool. that sadi it was confusing and mind boggling, after a while i had no idea what was going on. i was so confused that im not even sure if i liked the movie
  60. Aug 22, 2010
    This film defines everything that's right about a good film. I thought to myself that it could be slightly difficult to keep track of the plot if I wasn't with it from the beginning, and being awake sure paid off. Inception is exhilarating, epic, beautiful, brilliantly written and executed in a way that couldn't have been done better. If you haven't seen this film in a cinema yet, don'tThis film defines everything that's right about a good film. I thought to myself that it could be slightly difficult to keep track of the plot if I wasn't with it from the beginning, and being awake sure paid off. Inception is exhilarating, epic, beautiful, brilliantly written and executed in a way that couldn't have been done better. If you haven't seen this film in a cinema yet, don't cease trying till you've done so. On a side note, this is the best film I have EVER seen. I was with it from the beginning, and I've never been rewarded in the ways Inception rewarded me before. Expand
  61. Aug 23, 2010
    Whoever doesn't give this movie a straight 10 just means that he didn't understand it. It is the type of movie in which you really have to concentrate to be fully aware of what is happening and which you got to see a second time to understand completely. The story is perfectly put together and it manages to throw you from one sensational idea to another. Adding to this, the actors do aWhoever doesn't give this movie a straight 10 just means that he didn't understand it. It is the type of movie in which you really have to concentrate to be fully aware of what is happening and which you got to see a second time to understand completely. The story is perfectly put together and it manages to throw you from one sensational idea to another. Adding to this, the actors do a wonderful job and the effects make every scene breathtaking. It's a definite must-see. Expand
  62. Aug 24, 2010
    I really enjoyed this movie...I don't understand how people found it hard to follow, and that seems to be why it was given quite a lot of negative reviews. It's a good film with a great cast to back it.
  63. Aug 24, 2010
    Absolutely loved it, the intricacy with which it was put together, and how ambiguous the ending was kept my brain permanently ticking over. And instead of being boring on the thrills front like many thinking man's films are, the slow-mo sequences and stunts were breathtaking and fun to watch. As for character development and the like, I suppose many have argued this is lacklustre, butAbsolutely loved it, the intricacy with which it was put together, and how ambiguous the ending was kept my brain permanently ticking over. And instead of being boring on the thrills front like many thinking man's films are, the slow-mo sequences and stunts were breathtaking and fun to watch. As for character development and the like, I suppose many have argued this is lacklustre, but without knowing exactly what each person's role is within the film due to ambiguous plot means it's a terribly difficult one to approach. Personally, I felt that I knew who each character was, and Page and DiCaprio who were really the main characters, put in good, deep performances. Past that, I feel I don't have any problems with how the characters were portrayed and thus I'm not going to 'mark the film down'. I am bound to watch the film again at some point in the near future, in which case my views may change slightly, but for now this film wowed me from start to finish, almost completely made logical sense to me (mixed with suspension of disbelief needed for the whole Inception concept), and has kept me thinking about it for days after. If that's not a damn good film, I don't know what is. Expand
  64. Aug 24, 2010
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Indeed it is complex but Christopher Nolan makes it both enjoyable and understandable. This is by far the best film i have seen this year and a major contender at the oscars.
  65. Jan 21, 2011
    This film is so overhyped! It is boring action and an even more boring storyline, with even more boring atmosphere. This Film was literally putting people to sleep. I forced myself to stay awake because i was waiting for the plot to turn interesting, but no. The film finsihed and it was hard to make it all the way through. BORING! BORING! BORING!
  66. Aug 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perfectoo!
    J'ai adoré , l'histoire mysterieuse ,compliqué mais bien ficelé ,les acteur qui se sont donné au maximum et le truc que j'ai aimé avec christopher nolan c'est qui nous a laissé la possibilité d'interpreter l'histoir a notre guise . Un chef d'oeuvre a voir et a revoir !
  67. Aug 25, 2010
    hands down best movie of the year. thank you Nolan for making the most original movie ive seen after the matrix, when the movie ends it puts your mind to think.
  68. Aug 28, 2010
    A mind bender that rises to the ranks of The Matrix and Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. A unique plot line that increasingly, as the movie progresses, gets you to question from what layer of reality events are occurring. While there are some plausibility issues at a technical level, they are far outweighed by the underlying questions that the movie forces you to grapple with. YouA mind bender that rises to the ranks of The Matrix and Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. A unique plot line that increasingly, as the movie progresses, gets you to question from what layer of reality events are occurring. While there are some plausibility issues at a technical level, they are far outweighed by the underlying questions that the movie forces you to grapple with. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  69. Aug 26, 2010
    Inception was a thinking mans movie, much like the people who really question the world of dreams. Its starts off and ends kinda confusing, but after a second viewing, the plot is complex, but well thought-out. I enjoyed a summer movie with great special effects and a deep personal story, hard to come by these days and i'm glad it didn't get suckered in to 3-d. I also thought the camera,Inception was a thinking mans movie, much like the people who really question the world of dreams. Its starts off and ends kinda confusing, but after a second viewing, the plot is complex, but well thought-out. I enjoyed a summer movie with great special effects and a deep personal story, hard to come by these days and i'm glad it didn't get suckered in to 3-d. I also thought the camera, sound and music work was unbelievable. At times you mind find it slow, (how long did it take for the van to fall into the river?), and some simply wont get it. but in the end, this summer tale of dreams and regret will leave you breathless Expand
  70. Aug 27, 2010
    Thank you Christopher Nolan for making a film that doesnâ
  71. Aug 27, 2010
    It was alright, a little hard to follow at times, but not too complicated. I would have appreciated a little more expository narrative instead of just taking the main character's word for it, like "this is how it is" "...okay". It was very pleasing visually and I was surprised to see as much action in it as there was, though there were quite a few instances that seemed to just drag onIt was alright, a little hard to follow at times, but not too complicated. I would have appreciated a little more expository narrative instead of just taking the main character's word for it, like "this is how it is" "...okay". It was very pleasing visually and I was surprised to see as much action in it as there was, though there were quite a few instances that seemed to just drag on throughout the movie, even some of the action scenes seemed to drag on. All-in-all, an alright movie, though not one I would care to see again and I don't really feel I would have missed anything if I had never seen it at all. Expand
  72. Aug 28, 2010
    I don't know how all you "smart people" are have trouble understanding this damn movie. And don't go listing how your a particle physicist or other rubbish, trying to show how smart you are. If you don't follow this movie you won't get it. If you aren't willing to go see a movie with an open mind you won't get it. If you can't watch a movie and accept the rules in place set by that filmI don't know how all you "smart people" are have trouble understanding this damn movie. And don't go listing how your a particle physicist or other rubbish, trying to show how smart you are. If you don't follow this movie you won't get it. If you aren't willing to go see a movie with an open mind you won't get it. If you can't watch a movie and accept the rules in place set by that film and think in your dreams there are no rules, you won't get it. With this in mind if you are willing to accept all the above, then prepare for the most thought out physiological movie of the year. The "layering" of the storyline is perfect with each dream. If you don't follow these rules just rate it a zero (Which is ridiculous.) write no positive points and how the expendables was heaps better. Even though your an idiot because they are two completely category films. If you don't like the film you should at least admit it had original ideas, or you could continue to throw feces on you wall whilst making monkey noises. Expand
  73. Aug 28, 2010
    Let me just say that this is a movie that requires you to expand your mind and understand that it is simply a movie; not a documentary. Truly enjoyed the premise of entering others dream world. Great and original!!
  74. Aug 28, 2010
    Original conceit and great special effects. Invites comparisons to The Matrix, but falls short in mty opinion. My main problem is with the pacing - at nearly 2 1/2 hours in length I started to suffer stimulation overload in the second half which never stops to catch it's breath
  75. Aug 29, 2010
    An abstract and totally conceptual film. You cannot miss the opportunity to mesmerize yourself in movies like these -even though inception may leave your brain numb if you pay attention to every detail and every moment- but it's worth it, and will leave you overwhelmed at the sheer quality and beauty of the plot, action and dialogue.
  76. Sep 1, 2010
    I was disappointed in this movie. Especially, after all the hoopla. The concept of the film was clever, but the way the director chose to tell the story was dull and unoriginal. The use of the video game shoot 'em ups were disappointing and not at all dreamlike. It was pretty much the same old rehashed stuff we've been subjected to watch for the last thirty years. The idea thatI was disappointed in this movie. Especially, after all the hoopla. The concept of the film was clever, but the way the director chose to tell the story was dull and unoriginal. The use of the video game shoot 'em ups were disappointing and not at all dreamlike. It was pretty much the same old rehashed stuff we've been subjected to watch for the last thirty years. The idea that someone would experience real life automatic weapons down to the last spec and detail in a dream is laughable. Anybody that dreams, and that's just about everyone, knows it doesn't happen that way. There were a few good and believable dreamlike scenes, like the city and the folding streets, and Nolan can thank M.C. Escher for his strongest statements into the dream world, but for the most part, the director lost a great opportunity to tell a unique story about the profound power and importance of dreams in our lives, and instead decided to make it into just another run-of-the-mill action thriller with a sci-fi tease. Expand
  77. Sep 1, 2010
    What is a good story? How can we bring all the essential elements of a story into a movie without damaging other parts of that movie . A story in general is based on several important elements. Good characters, good line of activities, the ability of handling a proper language , point of view, variable plot, and the acceptable details of all circumstances , plus the location and the mostWhat is a good story? How can we bring all the essential elements of a story into a movie without damaging other parts of that movie . A story in general is based on several important elements. Good characters, good line of activities, the ability of handling a proper language , point of view, variable plot, and the acceptable details of all circumstances , plus the location and the most reliable one, the evolution and the movement of that story. This mentioned aspect ,[evolution] is well brought in this movie and thatâ Expand
  78. Sep 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Inception" is an engrossing and enthralling thriller. This is the kind of film that requires multiple viewings, not just because it creates an entire dream world but because it offers deeper exploration into the mind, a place only Nolan can take you. Expand
  79. Sep 5, 2010
    Best film of the year. The architecture is just fabulous. The concept of entering another person's dream to plant an idea is remarkably creative. It may be science fiction now, but maybe it isn't.

DeCaprio has been making a living as a mercenary, entering othe people's dreams and extracting ideas, information wanted by his employers. He is challenged to plant an idea by a businessman who wants the heir to a conglomerate to diverse his company, when he inherits. Leo's character has to assemble a team of experts to accomplish this task. Does he do it?

The viewer must be ready to concentrate and engross themselves for over two hours, otherwise, like a bathroom break, and you come back completely confused.

This is one of the best films I've seen in over 60 years.
  80. Sep 5, 2010
    This does go into the weeds - past the point of belief.

But, like any GOOD movie, it makes you SUSPEND that belief. I did not find this to be anything PROFOUND (yeah, I capitalize my points), but a good movie it is. Excellent acting all around - no complaints. It's well-presented, and although it is actually quite a VERY long film (2h20something if memory serves), you never notice..
    This does go into the weeds - past the point of belief.

But, like any GOOD movie, it makes you SUSPEND that belief.

Excellent acting all around - no complaints. It's well-presented, and although it is actually quite a VERY long film (2h20something if memory serves), you never notice.. Probably the best compliment I can pay.

At the end, some people think it's oh so mystical, etc. No - it isn't that. But what it is is an EXCELLENT combination of period-piece filmmaking, music and casting. (note I didn't say PLOT) They don't distinguish a timeline with respect to the styles they portray, which I thought was awesome. It could have been 70 years ago or today. Nice touch, I thought. Casting was immaculate all the way around. Probably by accident, but no matter.

It is true that the IMAX version is BEST. I live in NC but I was out in CA on business and saw it in an IMAX in Santa Clara which was very well done (the sound, in particular, was really well-done).

In my opinion, it's not "earth-shattering," but it's a very fine movie nonetheless. I highly recommend it.

Just know what you're looking at, OK? ;)
  81. Sep 6, 2010
    Fabricating dreams and threading them together to make a cohesive multi-layered blanket is a daunting task that's awfully difficult to weave. However, Christopher Nolan pieces together a marvelous endeavor deep into lucid dreams within dreams with Inception. The dazzling summer blockbuster is a fascinating heist film with rich visual effects and a vastly engaging plot that passes quickerFabricating dreams and threading them together to make a cohesive multi-layered blanket is a daunting task that's awfully difficult to weave. However, Christopher Nolan pieces together a marvelous endeavor deep into lucid dreams within dreams with Inception. The dazzling summer blockbuster is a fascinating heist film with rich visual effects and a vastly engaging plot that passes quicker than the elapsed time would indicate. This is convenient, though, because this pic undoubtedly requires more than just one viewing to fully embrace. Enter Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio), an extractor who enters dreams of others in order to get otherwise unobtainable information. Along with a team consisting of point man Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), architects Nash (Lukas Haas) and Ariadne (Ellen Page), and forger Eames (Tom Hardy), Cobb is auditioned to commit the perfect crime for business tycoon Saito (Ken Watanabe). In order to alter the fate of Saito's business, Cobb is instructed to plant an idea in the mind of corporate rival Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy) that will persuade him into dismantling his father's business. Along the way, Cobb frequently encounters the adequately named Mal (Marion Cotillard), his deceased wife that has an unrelenting determination to keep him in the dream limbo. Her intense desire serves as the most significant emotional conflict, steering Inception away from being a superficial heist film. However, this doesn't cement Inception as a deep journey into character. Nolan meanders into the life of Cobb and his strained relationship with his family. This strain Cobb blames himself for, but the reason for the blame eventually develops as the film progresses. The backdrop of the rest of the characters is vague, not offering much substance to the characters. Some hints lie within Fischer's character, including a cryptic artifact that paints significant dimension, though it's subtle enough to go unnoticed. Additionally, Ariadne shovels out plenty exposition, but it is forgiveable given the already convoluted plotline and potential time constraints. Perhaps a film with this kind of magnitude needs some sort of explanation--it's not so much of a force feed, and the exposition doesn't hinder the pace. It's just there and it might be a bit much for those who vehemently oppose it, but keep in mind that without it, there's a good chance that it would make the film much more difficult to follow.
    Inception is an intricate dive into the deepest state of mind that threads a remarkable sense of surreality. Don't ignore this film. See it more than once. Disregard the critics' opinions until you make your own, though a first impression will not be sufficient. This is the Hollywood summer blockbuster of your dreams.
  82. Sep 9, 2010
    So, are people reviewing "The Matrix" or Inception?" I'm confused. I treat going to a movie like I treat the day when I awake...if I get too excited or have high expectations or preconceived notions, I set myself up for possible disappointment. We just bought our tickets, put our butts in the seats, and let it play. I found Inception a thrill ride, and much better than the blockbusterSo, are people reviewing "The Matrix" or Inception?" I'm confused. I treat going to a movie like I treat the day when I awake...if I get too excited or have high expectations or preconceived notions, I set myself up for possible disappointment. We just bought our tickets, put our butts in the seats, and let it play. I found Inception a thrill ride, and much better than the blockbuster drivel that passes for entertainment these days. If you want human interaction that builds drama, this isn't the movie for you. If you want a no holds barred action flick that is highly inventive, breathtaking, and challenges you to pay attention in our world of texters and multi-taskers; put your money down and enjoy Inception. Expand
  83. Sep 11, 2010
    Two words to describe this movie: Mind F**k. The best movie of the summer, the best movie of the year, the best movie i have seen in a while. Not since The Matrix, have i been so excited about a movie.
  84. Sep 12, 2010
    This movie is fantastic. It's amusing to see how many of the negative reviews complain about confusing plots, too little action, too much action, or... amazingly... all three. For me, this movie stands out as one that makes you think; not necessarily in order to unravel the plot, which (despite some complaints) is simple enough, but about reality versus perception.

The score, acting,

The score, acting, and story were all fantastic, but for me what makes this film special is that I'm still thinking about it.

Also... Ken Watanabe is the man.
  85. Sep 12, 2010
    I watched Inception and it was the most intelligent movie I've ever seen. It's not a movie that had to be plotted from the beginning, it started with an idea (ironically) and it bloomed into a story; middle to end, because there was no beginning, the beginning was the end and how it started.
    Anyone who can say this movie is bad is probably someone who doesn't appreciate true quality. Inception was great because the movie was great; the idea was great, and didn't need to be covered up by sex and gun fights. Anyone who say they didn't like it, don't flame the movie, either you didn't pay attention or it's just not right for you.
  86. Mar 21, 2011
    My God, what a disappointment! I can hardly believe this movie was directed by the same guy who directed the masterpiece "The Dark Knight." This movie has the worst plot I've ever seen, way too convoluted!
  87. Sep 16, 2010
    Excellent film. A fascinating take on merging fact and fiction of dreams and the human mind. Nolan once again has a great story influenced by human nature.
  88. Mar 28, 2011
    There are about five things that I hate about this world. And one of them is how goddamn overhyped and overrated this movie is. People say that they like if because they didn't understand it. It's just like Chinatown. Only that one was good.
  89. Oct 8, 2010
    this is the best movie i've ever seen, and in my opinion the best movie ever made. the acting is great, the story intriguing and engrossing and the effects dazzling. this is the movie to go see this year, if not this lifetime.
  90. Oct 9, 2010
    Few movies go for the feel that Inception brings to the table- the story revolves around, "Dream Thieves," who get hired by people to go into the sleeping minds of others to retrieve information. As the move goes on the main character explains the rules of the dream world, and how time gets slower the more layers you go down. Near the start of the movie, the main character and his team areFew movies go for the feel that Inception brings to the table- the story revolves around, "Dream Thieves," who get hired by people to go into the sleeping minds of others to retrieve information. As the move goes on the main character explains the rules of the dream world, and how time gets slower the more layers you go down. Near the start of the movie, the main character and his team are hired to preform an elaborate performance on a CEO's son to get him to cancel his company. I have to say, when they are doing the dream theft it is pretty sweet- it might remind you of The Dark Knight in terms of awesomeness. The story of the movie seemed fairly strong, and I liked how they developed the main character, but they didn't seem to develop the rest of the team enough, which was a bit of a disappointment. But the ending will leave you wondering, something I loved about the movie. If you enjoyed Nolan's previous films (Batman Begins, Dark Knight) or some of DiCaprios recent appearances, this is a good film for you. Expand
  91. Oct 9, 2010
    A really entertaining and original movie. Likely the best of the summer movie season of 2010 - i.e. better than Iron Man 2 and just a hair above Toy Story 3. Leonardo fits the movie and simply knows how to pick scripts and directors. When was the last time that Leonardo was in a bad picture? I am not even a big Leonardo fan, but he knows how to pick his projects.

Well worth the

Well worth the ticket price. I will be buying this on DVD.
  92. Oct 10, 2010
    Not the most epic, but good. Good performance by DiCaprio, an averege really acting. I still with Shutter Island the most cultic movie of 2010. Very classic modern story but very very fantasy by Nolan brithers. I think after The dark Knight , Nolan be going a little bit slow now, I very expect that next Batman of Nolan in 2012 will be the best ever of Batman, I think he must cast to theNot the most epic, but good. Good performance by DiCaprio, an averege really acting. I still with Shutter Island the most cultic movie of 2010. Very classic modern story but very very fantasy by Nolan brithers. I think after The dark Knight , Nolan be going a little bit slow now, I very expect that next Batman of Nolan in 2012 will be the best ever of Batman, I think he must cast to the film Johnny Depp for Lead Villian in the Movie and stay with Gary Oldham with the dirtty police-man after all Expand
  93. Jun 9, 2011
    Easily one of the best movies ever made!!! Nolans vision is original and his mind is truly spectacular!!! The actors could not have been chosen better and the effects were just perfection!!!
  94. Oct 17, 2010
    It was a ridiculously entertaining film with amazing visuals and memorable action scenes. Although confusing and too specific at times it will keep you at the edge of your seats.
  95. Jan 31, 2011
    The trailer for the film was fantastic, and the fact that Chris Nolan directed it reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see it. When I saw it, I liked it but didn't love it like so many others. I tend to see things black or white, so the story that so many people have blogged and argued and were confused about seemed pretty straight forward to me. In fact, the characters explain what isThe trailer for the film was fantastic, and the fact that Chris Nolan directed it reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see it. When I saw it, I liked it but didn't love it like so many others. I tend to see things black or white, so the story that so many people have blogged and argued and were confused about seemed pretty straight forward to me. In fact, the characters explain what is going to happen when they are inside a dream, then when they dream it does happen. Another problem I had with the film is that I didn't care about any of the characters, so I didn't care if they died or not. A better film than this one in the same genre would be "Dark City". That one blew my mind AND I cared about the characters. I also thought the loud soundtrack sometimes muted the dialogue. Overall a good film with great special effects that might get better for me with repeated viewings. Expand
  96. Oct 24, 2010
    Wow that was... amazing. Every second I was sitting at the edge of my seat, wating for the next plot twist. A film of this quality is not normal; do yourself a favor a watch it twice
  97. Oct 27, 2010
    Inception is the latest film from Writer/Director, Christopher Nolan. The same guy who brought the world Batman Begins, Memento, Insomnia, The prestige, and, most importantly, The Dark Knight. Seeing as how The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films of all-time, I didn't think Nolan could out due this masterpiece. So, when I first heard of Inception, I didn't expect it to live up to TheInception is the latest film from Writer/Director, Christopher Nolan. The same guy who brought the world Batman Begins, Memento, Insomnia, The prestige, and, most importantly, The Dark Knight. Seeing as how The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films of all-time, I didn't think Nolan could out due this masterpiece. So, when I first heard of Inception, I didn't expect it to live up to The Dark Knight. I was wrong. Inception is as good, if not better than The Dark Knight.
    I have no idea how to even begin speaking of how great this film this is. The cast is amazing, especially Leonardo DiCaprio, who gives the performance of his life. The look is unlike any other movie ever. The changing environments, the amount of layers, and the scope are unreal. everything about this movie is just perfect.
    I'll begin with the cast. The Film is power packed with loads of great actors and actresses. I already spoke about Leo and I'll come back to him. Tom Hardy from Band of Brothers plays a shape-shifting Eames. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Arthur, an extractor. Ellen Page, who played Juno in, well, Juno, plays Ariadne and architect. Cillian Murphy, Who played a chilling scarecrow, plays Robert Fischer, the future leader of a billion dollar energy company. Dileep Rao plays a medicine man who produces the team with drugs to enter deep sleeps. Ken Watanabe is the man who funds the entire project. Marion Cotillard plays Mal, Cobb's former Wife. And good 'ole Leonardo plays Cobb and extractor tasked with implanting the idea of breaking apart a huge energy company soon to be run by Robert Fischer. He puts together an elite team of 5(6 since the funder comes along) to do this near impossible mission of inception.
    The look is amazing. The constantly changing scenes, especially towards the end, make an amazing feat of editing glory. The movie was filmed in 6 different countries going from a small hotel room to a snowy landscape in seconds. The idea of layers also plays deeply in the movie. Its hard to explain without spoiling the movie, but its a key concept that lasts through out the entire film.
    I already spoke of the acting, but, god, I was blown away. Leonardo DiCaprio gives an amazing performance as a man who had everything and then lost it. the amount of emotion and conveying is so intense that I have already nominated and given him the academy award for best acting ever. the rest of the cast does well too, but Marion does a great job as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was nominated for best supporting actress.
    The Story is of course the best part. This is an ever going film. You can't look away for a moment. The dialogue is some of the best I've ever heard. Lines that not only develop the story, but show off Nolan's ability to make characters likable even with many flaws. The story follows these characters through many environments, of course, but the pace of the movie is just unreal. It isn't fast, but it isn't slow. Its not really in the middle either. Its literally impossible to describe.
    The movie opens with Cobb already in a dream, trying to perform an extraction. The dream, however, is a test to see if Cobb can preform the art of inception. Initially, he refuses, but after being offered a cleared name and his family back, he agrees, saying, "I can do the inception. I've done it before." Cobb puts together a team of people to build the dreams and help add an idea to Fischer's mind. The only problem is, they can't give him the idea in a single dream. He would reject the idea. they have to trick him into believing that he actually came up with the idea. The devise a plan to go through 3 levels of dreams. I wouldn't spoil it for you, but the entire latter half of the film is shear amazement. And for all of you who think all movies have predictable endings, be warned. Inception has the greatest ending ever. Out of all the stories I've ever heard, watched, read, or even played, none compare to this one.
    The idea of the movie is amazing and very original. I heard a lot of people say that they were comparing the film to The Matrix, another very original film. I can't think of any other film that has used the idea of entering dreams. It sounds more like a crazy religion that a movie, but Nolan does it and he does it well.
    I can't get over how great this film is. If you haven't seen it, go right now and watch Inception. Its the best and most original film that you'll see this year and maybe even this decade. Inception will be remembered by many things. I will remember it as one simple thing, perfection. 5/5
  98. Nov 7, 2010
    I found this movie to be entertaining and epic. It's plot was great and was something you really needed to pay attention to. The acting was great and all of the actors need to be applauded for their efforts. All in all, an epic look, great story, and great acting gives you Inception!
  99. Nov 9, 2010
    Inception is One GREAT sci-fi psychological thrillers.One of THE best in the genre.Christopher Nolan has created a masterpiece with perfect direction,phenomenal acting,great script,mind bending scenes and an action packed story being the key ingredients, making it a must-see movie...!
  100. Dec 8, 2010
    I have learned that when I was young, I would always wake up before hitting the ground during a free fall. (Always from a cliff of some sort.) However, nowadays when I find myself in that precarious position in a dream I become aware that I am in a dream and I just transport or change positions without concern. Nolan has managed to take this interesting topic of dream state and make aI have learned that when I was young, I would always wake up before hitting the ground during a free fall. (Always from a cliff of some sort.) However, nowadays when I find myself in that precarious position in a dream I become aware that I am in a dream and I just transport or change positions without concern. Nolan has managed to take this interesting topic of dream state and make a wholly original film exploring what is "real." In addition to the originality, the cast and editing are top-notch. The way the movie was edited and directed adds to the ambiguity by never really having a starting point. i.e. "How did you get here?" Nolan definitely expects us to keep up with him. He rarely dumbs down the dialogue reiterating things we already know. After all, I am now grown and know it is all just a dream....... Expand

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.