Inception

8.7

1. Jul 21, 2011
    The best movie this year! Christopher Nolan has made one of his finest movies of all time! Expect this having a lot of Oscar nominations! This movie will blow your mind! Christopher Nolan this movie that extracts great film making, art and mind dreaming. If you had to choose the movie of the year, this would be the one you were looking for!
  2. Aug 10, 2011
    Yep. I fell for it. The whole idea really sucks me in. How can you not be interested in such an original and mind-bending idea? It's also supported by incredible visuals and some unsung strong acting by the cast, especially Ellen Page
  3. Sep 13, 2012
    Brilliant, genius and original. hard for me to understand the movie the first time i watched it, but i felt this movie was something different, so i watched it again and then i understood it. Full of imagination and the acting was super. love it!
  4. JivanA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    To be honest, I've been on metacritic for many years, looking to this site as a sort for reviews. To decide the films I choose to watch, I use a combination of what the critics say plus the user reviews. In all my time here, i've NEVER felt obliged to sign up to leave a review. This movie was pure fantastic in film form. It's a bit of a mind-bender, as it deals with To be honest, I've been on metacritic for many years, looking to this site as a sort for reviews. To decide the films I choose to watch, I use a combination of what the critics say plus the user reviews. In all my time here, i've NEVER felt obliged to sign up to leave a review. This movie was pure fantastic in film form. It's a bit of a mind-bender, as it deals with consciousness and reality on multiple levels, through the state of dreaming, but if you go in with an open mind and pay attention, you'll love the entire experience, from start to finish. I do highly suggest seeing it in IMAX, it makes the experience everso that much better. Happy viewing all! Expand
  5. MichaelH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    I am what you'd call a movie buff, and this is the best movie I've ever seen. I can't recommend or elaborate any more, go see it, seriously. It doesn't deserve the 1-10 scale so instead of looking at the number of my rating just know you need to go see this movie.
  6. Aug 12, 2010
    The movie had great special effects but it was lacking in its plot.The director should tell us more about this dream technique and if he wanted to confuse us he should try something different because the only thing he succeeded is to make us throw up.
  7. Aug 13, 2010
    It was a masterpiece. One of the best films I've ever seen, and quite possibly, the best. It has everything you can possibly ask for. Smart, original, emotional, and utterly ambitious, Inception is the best film of 2010, and yes, it is better than The Dark Knight. Anyways, take a "leap of faith" and go experience the unforgettable masterpiece that is Inception. A 10/10.
  8. Oct 9, 2010
    "Inception is one of the most provocative films i have ever seen , DiCaprio gives a stunning performance , But at times this movie can be to complex to handle , and Drags at times & be confusing , but beside that this movie is a masterpiece" ... B+
  9. Aug 26, 2010
    Christopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterfulChristopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterful editing, Nolan turns his psychotic idea into a smooth, polished vision that is enjoyable on every level it aims for. Expand
  10. Sep 1, 2010
    What is a good story? How can we bring all the essential elements of a story into a movie without damaging other parts of that movie . A story in general is based on several important elements. Good characters, good line of activities, the ability of handling a proper language , point of view, variable plot, and the acceptable details of all circumstances , plus the location and the mostWhat is a good story? How can we bring all the essential elements of a story into a movie without damaging other parts of that movie . A story in general is based on several important elements. Good characters, good line of activities, the ability of handling a proper language , point of view, variable plot, and the acceptable details of all circumstances , plus the location and the most reliable one, the evolution and the movement of that story. This mentioned aspect ,[evolution] is well brought in this movie and thatâ Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a film, this is an experience. Stunning visual effects and an intelligent script make Inception your classic summer blockbuster with a twist: it is actually intelligent. The score is beautiful, and Nolan does his usually fantastic job directing. By the end of the film, you will be questioning reality, and most importantly, you will be wondering if it stopped spinning. Expand
  12. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great movie, an action/science fiction movie with an intelligent plot that will have you talking about it way after the credits finish. Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor in the business today period.
  13. Sep 28, 2011
    It's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within it and then the film starts. Must watch.
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    What makes Inception so great is how much thought has gone into it. You need to see it twice to fully understand it. It's brilliantly directed by Nolan and the acting was even better. This is going to stay in my top 5 movies for a very very long time.
  15. Dec 12, 2010
    Okay, Let me first start by saying that Christopher Nolan spent 10 years writing this film, so right from the start this film must be worth watching. This isn't your ordinary psychological thriller, it's not something where you can guess the next scene or assume how it will end. A lot of films these days often seem to be recycled, whether they are sequels, remakes, or inspirations fromOkay, Let me first start by saying that Christopher Nolan spent 10 years writing this film, so right from the start this film must be worth watching. This isn't your ordinary psychological thriller, it's not something where you can guess the next scene or assume how it will end. A lot of films these days often seem to be recycled, whether they are sequels, remakes, or inspirations from other films. "Inception" however, is pure original and it's evident almost from the beginning. The style, music, the entire concept. It is structured in such a way that it seems like it makes a lot of sense than it actually does, as always with anything that is maze-like. Let's just say that when Christopher Nolan was creating "Memento" he was warming up. I personally feel "Inception" is his best work yet.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  16. BenM.
    Jul 17, 2010
    In years to come, when we look back on the medium of film and the incredible power it possesses, this will be the current generation's defining masterpiece. Nolan has crafted an outstanding piece of art, which perfectly encapsulates the concept of the dream and its ability to question our view of reality. From the spectacular visuals to its collection of fantastic performances, In years to come, when we look back on the medium of film and the incredible power it possesses, this will be the current generation's defining masterpiece. Nolan has crafted an outstanding piece of art, which perfectly encapsulates the concept of the dream and its ability to question our view of reality. From the spectacular visuals to its collection of fantastic performances, Inception is Nolan's finest piece to date and a prime example of the endless limits of cinema. Sheer brilliance. Expand
  17. DillonC.
    Jul 29, 2010
    One of the BEST movies I have ever seen! I was completely blown away by Marion Cotillard, she played the part so well and i was completely mystified by her elegance. Leo was fantastic, as always, and I was very impressed by Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performances. Overall this movie was great! I already saw it twice and i might just have to see it again!
  18. RobW.
    Jul 30, 2010
    Quite possibly the best film I've ever seen. Engrossing throughout and compulsory to re-watch.
  19. DIegoH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    One of the best films I've seen in a long time. This is a film that doesn't really go away from you when you're done watching it, and makes you think deeply. Certainly a film that should be seen multiple times to fully understand and love it even more.
  20. BrandonHenke
    Jul 16, 2010
    Pure enjoyment from start to finish. An awe inspiring movie.
  21. AdityaM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This movie has Stunning Visuals, a stirring storyline and a Captivating Narration. What more?
  22. BudBlue
    Jul 16, 2010
    Like a mix of The Matrix and Ocean's Eleven... A fantastic (if at times confusing) film where reality is not as certain as you might think.
  23. JacobB.
    Jul 16, 2010
    THis movie is flawless. It is original and gripping. If you don't like this movie it means you got confused watching it, which is really sad because I feel like Christopher Nolan handed us a road map and gave us "YOU ARE HERE" updates every 5 minutes.
  24. CristobalS.
    Jul 18, 2010
    A Modern Movie Masterpiece!! I saw this movie today (7/17) in IMAX with a packed theater and have to say that this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Christopher Nolan delivers his finest and most audacious film yet. It is the story of an extractor (DiCaprio) a thief who breaks into dreams. He gets cornered into his largest job yet, to break into a businessman's (Murphy) A Modern Movie Masterpiece!! I saw this movie today (7/17) in IMAX with a packed theater and have to say that this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Christopher Nolan delivers his finest and most audacious film yet. It is the story of an extractor (DiCaprio) a thief who breaks into dreams. He gets cornered into his largest job yet, to break into a businessman's (Murphy) dream and plant information in his mind. To protect the film's twists and turns, I will stop there. The direction is frightening. For a filmmaker to get into our head and make us question reality and fantasy on the screen is almost like controlling our mind. This is what Nolan achieves, and to top it off, his actors give such convincing and realistic performances that we almost feel like we are in the dream with them. Some critics, and they know who they are: Rex Reed and company, who have panned the film believe that Nolan focused on visuals rather than the story and characters, but that is absolute insanity. It should be clear to any viewer that the story and characters are the real effect here. The visuals are amazing, but to be honest, they are supporting the story. They are no "Lord of the Rings" or "Jurassic Park", they aren't that effective. But unlike those two films, they play a psychological role in "Inception". I would be shocked if AMPAS didn't nominate the superb Wally Pheister's cinematography, Hans Zimmer's haunting score, Christopher Nolan's direction, Marion Cotillard's emotional performance, and the supurb editing at the least. The film is more than Best Picture worthy, but given AMPAS's history of nominating films like "The Blind Side", "The Reader", and "Moulin Rouge" rather than the critically acclaimed films, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get nominated come next year. Not a safe bet, but I do say with the lack of acclaimed and intelligent films this year it should get a Best Picture nomination. See This Film! The ending is amazing, and if you have at least an 8th Grade reading comprehension level (unlike Rex Reed and Company) you will come back to the theater wanting more and scratching your head. Enjoy! Expand
  25. matta.
    Jul 18, 2010
    I thought this was brillant, great story, brillant acting and a great ending that will have people talking bout this movie for years to come. Nolan has become the greatest director of his genaration mabye one more great film and he could be called best ever, di caprio continues his journey to be up there with the greatest. speacial mention for Jospeh gordon-levitt who is such an underated I thought this was brillant, great story, brillant acting and a great ending that will have people talking bout this movie for years to come. Nolan has become the greatest director of his genaration mabye one more great film and he could be called best ever, di caprio continues his journey to be up there with the greatest. speacial mention for Jospeh gordon-levitt who is such an underated actor hopefully will be recognised up there with di caprio after this. see it for yourself make up your own mind for me possible one of the greatest movies ever made. Expand
  26. himanshu
    A Masterpiece.
  27. Zeus
    Jul 28, 2010
    Fantastic and horribly flawed.
  28. TvrtkoC.
    Jul 29, 2010
    Honestly. I didn't expect much of this movie, but when it finished I just wanted to watch it again. The movie was just superb! And the special effects also! The one thing I kinda didn't like was the ending, because you don't know what to think, but although anyone is free to think what they want, I think that in the next moment it would fall.
  29. DaveC.
    Jul 29, 2010
    This is simply a true master-piece, it will also create a path for future film-makers to follow, its original and full of little details that will help you understand (or confuse) completely the plot. One of those movies that you want/have to watch over and over again.
  30. JohnT.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Visually stunning, psychologically moving.
  31. AdrianH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The more it sinks in, the more I admire Inception. One of the most original movies I have ever seen and complex on so many levels (the art of movie-making, questions of reality, existentialism, etc). Or perhaps this idea was just implanted in my head over night while I was asleep..
  32. PhilA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Inception is Nolan's latest perfection. It's twists and turns will have you slamming in to the back of your seat in amazement.
  33. anand
    Jul 16, 2010
    One hell of a thrilling ride into the human subconscious.
  34. JackG.
    Jul 16, 2010
    I think, like lost, people expect answers and dismiss anything else. Nolan provides a wonderful world that leaves you understanding to effect your enjoyment; although, simply enjoying it as a science fiction thriller/heist movie is sure to have your heart pounding. Watch this film, and decipher the ending as an interesting exercise rather than something to get worked up about. 10 thumbs I think, like lost, people expect answers and dismiss anything else. Nolan provides a wonderful world that leaves you understanding to effect your enjoyment; although, simply enjoying it as a science fiction thriller/heist movie is sure to have your heart pounding. Watch this film, and decipher the ending as an interesting exercise rather than something to get worked up about. 10 thumbs up. And a half. Expand
  35. JesseH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Not only was this movie worth the 15 dollars in IMAX, but it was worth the 2 1/2 hours at midnight. Christopher Nolan found a way to make this movie both inherently believable and suspenseful. The subtle humor was extremely tasteful, and Leo's acting was impeccable. On the note of acting, Ellen Page's performance was incredible and very worthy of Best Supporting Actress. The Not only was this movie worth the 15 dollars in IMAX, but it was worth the 2 1/2 hours at midnight. Christopher Nolan found a way to make this movie both inherently believable and suspenseful. The subtle humor was extremely tasteful, and Leo's acting was impeccable. On the note of acting, Ellen Page's performance was incredible and very worthy of Best Supporting Actress. The rest of the supporting cast made this movie so incredibly emotional and likable in so many ways, that this movie made me wish that fantasy dream science was possible. Well done. Expand
  36. StevenK>
    Jul 16, 2010
    The most entertaining movie I've seen in a long, long time. You walk away and you feel smarter, thinking about things you don't normally think about...taking those thoughts even deeper.
  37. JoshuaA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    WOW! I've seen thousands upon thousands of movies in my life and no other has ever giving me that since of OMG WTF just happened? Your mind will start spinning. See it with a group of friends and just see what conversations come up in the car ride home. Besides being thoughtful it was also just great fun to watch it unfold. The action was top notch. The emotion was engaging. I could WOW! I've seen thousands upon thousands of movies in my life and no other has ever giving me that since of OMG WTF just happened? Your mind will start spinning. See it with a group of friends and just see what conversations come up in the car ride home. Besides being thoughtful it was also just great fun to watch it unfold. The action was top notch. The emotion was engaging. I could go into details on what I specifically liked or took from it but each viewer will take something different and that's what I feel is the point as well as the greatest accomplishment of this movie and should be something film makers strive to do. Well Nolen hit a grand slam with this one. Expand
  38. AntoineS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A wonderful fantasy blend of sci-fi and espionage. This movie will take your mind to amazing places and leave all sorts of ideas stuck in your mind.
  39. EduardoP.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Another Christopher Nolan masterpiece that is by far the best film of the year.
  40. PrashanthG.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This is tha movie of the year man worthwhile and better than all summer releases.
  41. SueV.
    Mind blowing & classic
  42. vishalc.
    Excellent movie.
  43. LeoBFG
    Jul 21, 2010
    Good just not brilliant. Maybe I've watched too much science fiction to be overawed with the concept. The plot seems quite simple in my ways but it's just repeated within its unnecessarily convoluted structure.
  44. ToddE
    Jul 28, 2010
    People who give this movie a bad review because it doesn't make any sense probably just have ADHD. Yes, this movie is definitely a deep-thinking movie and you need to pay close attention or you might miss some things. But, that's one of the things that makes this such a good movie. The cast is great, the action and visuals are amazing, and the idea of being able to affect dreams People who give this movie a bad review because it doesn't make any sense probably just have ADHD. Yes, this movie is definitely a deep-thinking movie and you need to pay close attention or you might miss some things. But, that's one of the things that makes this such a good movie. The cast is great, the action and visuals are amazing, and the idea of being able to affect dreams is protrayed so well that it almost makes you believe that its possible. Christopher Nolan once again, hits it out of the park! Definite watch and Definite Buy. Expand
  45. ANGIER
    Jul 29, 2010
    Amazing movie highly recommended this film and its not a remake . I will see it again.
  46. DaltonP.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Amazing movie! This movie blew my mind. Its been a long time before Ive been in a theatere that stood up and clapped at the end of a movie. This movie was incredible in every way. Might be my new favorite movie of all time.
  47. BrianB.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Easily the most original of the year. Cinematically structured in a way I've never experienced before such as the use of nested narrative loops, the stretching and compression of time, the linking together of disparate spaces and yet surprisingly all of this reinforces a compelling and engaging story.
  48. JoshL.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This movie baffled the mind and was created with perfection. I left the theater with a sense of awe and impossibility. Christopher Nolan has created the ultimate mind boggler of the century.
  49. MattJ.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This entire film creeps and stalks on all fours. I've never been a full theater (at midnight no less) where you could literally feel that everyone was fully engaged in the tension. This film could've been a travesty, but it was brilliantly executed and acted. It asks a lot of its audience, but the ride is totally worth the mental bench press.
  50. WilliamF.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Inception is visually amazing and the cast is superb to say the least. The story is also extremely fascinating and is very memorable. Another must-see movie from the wonderful director Cristopher Nolan!
  51. JeffG
    Jul 16, 2010
    Really, really amazing. I sort of a mix between Memento and Brazil; totally worth it. An amazing, amazing movie.
  52. BrendanB
    Jul 28, 2010
    This movie is truly great it kept me and my friends on the edge of our seats and we couldn't and still can't keep talking about how amazing it is like what happen with toy Story 3 @Will W how could you say this movie has no logic it is a SCI-FI movie, it is not based on anything it is using imagination something you obviously lack.
  53. JasonM.
    Jul 28, 2010
    Mark my words: Inception is NOT a movie for the intellectually impaired, or the creatively deficient. You may notice that the nay-sayers of this movie all fall into one of these two categories; either too dimwitted to understand the movie, or too dull (and perhaps too conceited) to appreciate such a unique film. That said, you DON'T have to see Inception multiple times if you are A) Mark my words: Inception is NOT a movie for the intellectually impaired, or the creatively deficient. You may notice that the nay-sayers of this movie all fall into one of these two categories; either too dimwitted to understand the movie, or too dull (and perhaps too conceited) to appreciate such a unique film. That said, you DON'T have to see Inception multiple times if you are A) reasonably intelligent, B) ready to watch a film intently from start to finish, and C) willing to suspend disbelief for a few hours, which is pretty much a requisite for 99% of movies anyway. If you successfully complete all three tasks, you will find Inception to be intriguing, suspenseful, and unlike anything you've seen before on a movie screen. To put it in one sentence... "Inception is as simple as it is complicated." Expand
  54. GaryC.
    Jul 29, 2010
    One of the best films I've seen for ages, great plot, great script, great cast and awesome effects. Top notch stuff.
  55. JakeG.
    Jul 29, 2010
    Very sad ending, very epic characters, very amazing story. This movie is a must see!
  56. Aug 18, 2010
    Let's hope Hollywood takes notice and realizes that there is more potential for success for a complicated movie done well vs. a "comfort-food" movie done poorly.
  57. Aug 12, 2010
    Phenomenal film from top to bottom, one I'm sure will merit a perfect 10 on second viewing. Only a 9 at the moment due to the huge expectations and hype i placed on the movie which in fairness it just couldn't reach, I felt the length, and slight predictability took something away from it. But really that is not the point, this film can't be judged on the same merits as other big budgetPhenomenal film from top to bottom, one I'm sure will merit a perfect 10 on second viewing. Only a 9 at the moment due to the huge expectations and hype i placed on the movie which in fairness it just couldn't reach, I felt the length, and slight predictability took something away from it. But really that is not the point, this film can't be judged on the same merits as other big budget blockbusters because it is so darn original and clever. The ideas in this film would have been so extraordinary on paper and in Nolan's head but to apply them in such a stunning fashion and (more the most part just about) in a way that makes sense was at times draw dropping. The man knows how to build tension like no other major film director today,much like he did with the 'boat dilemma' in The Dark Knight he created another 'ticking clock' function which drove the film forward perfectly. The visuals in this picture are draw dropping and at no point look like a 'special effect', they are so natural in the film and make the dream sequences all the more immersive. One final note on Di Caprio, he just gets better and better and better, gives depth to the character that in turn increases the depth of the film, awesome! Expand
  58. Aug 10, 2010
    My favorite movie on first viewing since The Matrix. I love the ambition and the originality. As I walked out of the movie theater the first thing than came to mind was "how the hell did he come up with that". If you haven't seen this movie you should go now.
  59. Aug 11, 2010
    Inception managed to shatter every expectation that I had placed upon it. It is an exciting, challenging, wholly original film that is, at this point, the year's very best.
  60. Aug 11, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has done it again. Dazzling, mindbending, and utterly exciting, "Inception" delivers in almost every conceivable way. I saw it twice during it's opening weekend, and I have every intention of seeing it again. Nolan's film blows every other Summer film out of the water. Hands down.
  61. Aug 11, 2010
    What is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream andWhat is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream and others will say that we dream because it is how our minds are constructed to keep us active even when we sleep, (at least that is how I see it). The truth is that we as an advanced race will never truly know the reasons for dreams. The Human mind is the most complex and powerful thing we as humans posses and our ability to dream gives us something much more than just to keep our minds active it is a way for us to draw inspiration and to recover memories that we thought were long gone. Christopher Nolan(director of Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) gives us a glimpse at the power of the mind the wonders of dream and a story that is as complex as the dream world it weaves a crime that does not take place someplace a place where the mind is the scene of the crime. Over the course of 11 years, Christopher Nolan has become one of modern cinemas greatest directors delivering one amazing film after another after another after another, Nolan has achieved a certain level of success at such a young age that is only matched by one other legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg. Nolan's films are as complex as the next he never strays from focusing on the events of the story or the characters as they shift through theses dark and at sometimes lurid sequences of events that befall them. That is his style and that is the reasons I love his movies there is so much to them not just what is on the surfaces but what is beneath the surfaces the deep rooted anxiety of theses characters. There dark painful pasts, the non linear story telling that is almost ever present in all of his films his latest endeavor, "Inception" is no exception. "inception" is a twist a minute, mind bending brain teaser it is the rare kind of summer blockbuster that thrills you while at the same time making you think about the boundless possibilities that the dream world that our minds create. The only other movie, actually I should say movies, I have ever seen that posses such powerful questions are "The Matrix"(1999) and "Vanilla Sky"(2001) although "Vanilla Sky" is far more like "Inception than "The Matrix" they both are up there as two of the most mind bending Science Fiction films I have ever seen. Both films using the ideas of reality to further along there sometimes-confusing plot and "Inception" has one hell of a perplexing plot. This kind of movie is a thinking persons movie someone who has the attention span to keep there focus pinned on Nolan's bleak and stark vision of a dark visually stunning dream world that is amazingly not to different from our own. I know there will be people walking into this movie expecting a run of the mill action thriller that is just covered up by a premise that takes place in the dream world, they will sadly walk out upset that they did not get the mindless action that they expected or even wanted. A more perceptive experienced moviegoer will know what to expect from this twisty Nolan film and if you know that, you can never predict how it will end or what will happen then you have all they need to watch this brilliant piece of filmmaking. "Inception" took me by surprise I expected this film to be something similar to "The Matrix" and yet I got something far more complex and daring a wholly original and jarring Sci-Fi Noir that boldly puts itself out there and challenges the horrendous summer blockbusters by doing what they failed to do. Deliver a solid and thrilling piece of entertainment that surpasses anything that mainstream Hollywood has put out in the recent months. Nolan not only blows away the competition he crushes it leaving nothing but rubble of the films that should have been winner but instead were failures. "Inception" is one of the best if not the best film of the summer and one of the films of the year. Expand
  62. Aug 12, 2010
    This film blew my mind. I went to see it with a friend and both of us were speechless, in awe at the sheer brilliance of the film for 20 minutes afterwards. If you enjoyed The Dark Knight you will love this film. In fact, you'll probably love it even if you didn't.
  63. Aug 11, 2010
    Utterly fantastic movie. Better than any of Nolan's former movies, best movie of the year (bar Toy Story 3). The effects are amazing, the cast is perfect, it's one of the most original things I've ever seen and it's just a perfect package. I loved it because it's not the average summer action movie - it actually makes you think for a change, unlike, say, Transformers or Star Trek.

Go in

Go in expecting to think. If you go in expecting it to be another Dark Knight, you're not only stupid, you're expecting the wrong movie. Without trying to sound elitest, the only reason I can't see someone liking this movie is if they're either stupid, impatient or refuses to listen to something without explosions every five seconds. Those are good, but Inception isn't one of them. It's just clever action, and I can't think of anything else like it. 10/10, see it now.
  64. Aug 11, 2010
    Inception, is an amazingly smart flick, that could have only been given from an outstanding director, and superior actors. they all come together to bring you a film that grabs hold of you and shakes you dry, and even when the movie finishes. you're left with a sense of confusion, and wonder.
  65. Oct 31, 2010
    Although painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bondAlthough painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bond movie structure and the this-worldliness of the dreamscapes is familiar enough as not to drive away the non-SF and non-surrealist crowds... It would really not be fair to ask for much more in a movie. Expand
  66. Aug 12, 2010
    wow, this movie was really good, i am serriously thinking about going to see it again, it left me with so many doubt about what went on and what did´t happen, well thats how crasy the movie was. so go see it and be careful , u have to pay atention to all of the details.
  67. Aug 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a fantastic film with a fantastic actor how leonardo dicaprio and with a fantastic director how cristhoper nolan.
    very very very advisable.
    In fact, i'm sure that this film comes to make a revolution in the oscars.....
  68. Aug 24, 2010
    Overall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and someOverall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and some implausible plot developments. The acting of some does redeem the characters being similar (those being Dicaprio, Cotillard, Page, and pleasant surprise Murphy) and the movie is saved with its head warping action sequences and the perfection of CHristopher Nolan. Expand
  69. Aug 12, 2010
    Great flick. Could be a perfect 10, but the story has a few holes that bothered me. Cast was great. Leo was Leo, always great, but sometimes i feel like I'm watching the same character in every movie he does.
  70. Aug 12, 2010
    Liked the concept and way the film developed. Although easy to work out in the end as to the overall finality of it all have to say I enjoyed it and will watch it again.
  71. Aug 12, 2010
    I had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causesI had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causes you to really think, than this movie is certainly for you. Nolan has really come up with an ingenious film concept and has thought through this plot. By the end of the movie, I was blown away. It was quite amazing. Expand
  72. Nov 19, 2010
    Nolan provides another lengthy look at his expertise yet again with Inception, two ingenious hours well built with substantial writing and solid performances, despite its innovative yet awfully bewildering premise.
  73. Aug 13, 2010
    Not as good as Matrix but very well done and well worth the time and money. You definitely had to pay attention but that is part of its appeal--you had to think.
  74. Aug 13, 2010
    This is the kind of movie Iâ
  75. Aug 13, 2010
    Inception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginosoInception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginoso combo de ficção high concept e heist thriller mantém os pesados traços que definem seu criador, vitalizados, contudo, por um elemento essencial desabrochado desde o díptico Batman: coração, empatia para com o fator humano, uma representação mais direta de sentimentos dos personagens (construídos com zelo, defendidos com garra por cada membro do elenco), o que não só facilita mas também torna merecido o investimento emocional da plateia. Ninguém traduz o mundo dos sonhos para o cinema com a mesma habilidade de David Lynch, embora Nolan se mantenha na dianteira quando o assunto é, de alguma forma, a obsessão. Expand
  76. Aug 13, 2010
    Excellent Experience almost perfect, one of the best movies I've seen in years. I can´t wait for the Blu Ray. The Dream is Real
  77. Aug 13, 2010
    Wow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has everyWow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has every seen..he watches a lot of movies. But ya, just open your mind and see it. Just dont get incepted. Expand
  78. Aug 17, 2010
    I would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you couldI would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you could watch it at your own pace. Expand
  79. BKL
    Aug 13, 2010
    Best Leonardo DiCaprio Movie EVER! This is way better than Titanic, and The Aviator. The Plot makes sense, and Little CGI was used to make this movie.
  80. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A must see, Inception is confusing at the beginning but it really captures you. I must say this is my favorite movie of all times. A marvelous film with good performances and a great director. Expand
  81. Aug 13, 2010
    Liked the progression of the story as well as the "stacking" of plot lies to create a long segment of action. Very matrix-like but more clear and easier to understand.
  82. Aug 13, 2010
    A mind-expanding film that will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the all-time greats. Incredible special effects, an ideal score from Hans Zimmer and, most pleasingly; outstanding performances from some of the finest actors of today.
  83. Aug 14, 2010
    Very great movie!! I like especially the time pressure and the open end.
    The first half hour you don't get anything but then the story gets clearer and clearer but in the end you don't know what happened...again...
  84. Aug 14, 2010
    Christopher Nolan is well known for his recent revamp of the popular Batman film series. The Dark Night was one his most critically acclaimed pieces, resulting in a huge boost to the saga but also raising the expectations of his future films. He now steps back into the limelight after two years to deliver his mind twisting thriller; Inception. Costing over $150 million to make, itâ
  85. Aug 14, 2010
    This is the best movie I have ever seen. But not even loving it, not even seeing it twice in theaters, can I know who that man is near the end. I'll need to watch it a third time to find out, which will not be a chore, but a treat.
  86. Aug 18, 2010
    A perfect film. Filled with nolan's original concepts and filmmaking mastery. I find the most amazing part of this film is his ability to convey thoroughly his dreamscape storyline. My only complaint was the excessive gunfighting, which spoiled the overall feel of the movie somewhat.
  87. Aug 14, 2010
    THe hype was huge, the idea behind the movie was incredible, and it mostly lived up to both of those things. The movie is not perfect, and there will be detractors, but it is a unique movie that will make you think.
  88. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is a rare blend of of both the visceral and the intellectual elements of film -a true cinema experience- My best since Fight Club. I was really surprised I loved this movie as much as I did-since usually a highly hyped movie usually leaves disappointed - I'm looking at you Avatar.
  89. Aug 14, 2010
    I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, and Inception ranks as one of his best, if not the best. Highly original, a rarity these days, the story is dense but richly rewarding.
  90. Aug 15, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has a catalogue of previous works that is undoubtedly envied by professional and amateur directors and writers alike, featuring the blistering talent of The Dark Knightand Memento amongst others. Does the hugely anticipated Inception live up to the standard set by Nolanâ
  91. Aug 15, 2010
    With an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentratedWith an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentrated for 150 minutes. En if you drop your concentration for a single minute, you won't understand a thing.

If I could, I would've given it more than score 10.
  92. Aug 17, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Period. Those who gave it negative reviews didn't understand it. I guess they should waste their time reviewing other movies which they might try to comprehend with their pitiful, secluded minds while the rest of us enjoy one of the best movies on the planet.
  93. Aug 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love it! Is a movie that makes you think about a lot of things. Visually stunning, Superb soundtrack and exciting plot. After seeing the movie you get the feeling that you see everything in a different and exciting way. Expand
  94. Aug 15, 2010
    What "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well inWhat "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well in the first act that we almost always know what's going on later in the film, though it is rarely explained distinctly. The visuals are dazzling and the action can be intense, but ultimately this is a film of philosophy and theologies, rather than the usual summer blockbuster. One of 2010's best films. Expand
  95. Sep 13, 2010
    Anyone who didn't enjoy this movie should stick with Twilight, Clash of the Titans, Sex & The City 2 and other such Hollywood drivel. What or who were you expecting to see? I suspect if Cobb's character was called Jack, the dreams sequences were filmed on a sinking boat and the deceased heroine were Kate Winslet you'd all be wetting your pants with excitement.
  96. Aug 16, 2010
    If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together,If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together, and a noteable performance from Tom Hardy was a delight to watch. A highly recommended film to see right now before you run the risk of any spoilers, and once youâ Expand
  97. Aug 16, 2010
    To affirm two streams of critique pervading this site: (1) Inception makes very little, if any, sense; (2) Inception is awesome fun. One way to reconcile these two, apparently conflicting notions is to restate the basic fact that inception is a movie--most notably a movie that takes place almost entirely in worlds of dreams. Where Nolan (may) go astray is that he attempts to layer aTo affirm two streams of critique pervading this site: (1) Inception makes very little, if any, sense; (2) Inception is awesome fun. One way to reconcile these two, apparently conflicting notions is to restate the basic fact that inception is a movie--most notably a movie that takes place almost entirely in worlds of dreams. Where Nolan (may) go astray is that he attempts to layer a system of logic and physical laws over the realms of imagination and subconscious; any such system is, of course, untenable (though quite fun--as Freud/Jung/etc. also prove). At the same time, some such system is critical in order to create the game within which the movie plays. So all along the way the viewer is confronted with massive offenses to her reason: the main logic being that the imagination doesn't play by rules. Bring on the insults--because their packaged inside one freakin' cool box. Expand
  98. Aug 16, 2010
    I must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularlyI must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularly Cotillard (who knew she could be so scary?) and the ever-excellent DiCaprio. I did feel that Ariadne was maybe slightly miscast, and as good as I think Ellen Page is, I felt her role could have been played by pretty much anyone. That's a minor niggle though, and probably a result of my not being able to find much else to constructively criticise. A marvellous thriller in every sense of the word - in scope, imagination and execution. Expand
  99. Aug 16, 2010
    A totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level areA totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level are exquisite -- and take a few minutes after leaving the theater to re-enter reality. I drove very carefully for the first five minutes going home from this. Expand
  100. Oct 6, 2010
    This is a Amazing movie with so many good actors. I really liked this movie. It's seriously mind blowing. Christopher Nolan is really a true genius. I really hope that this movie will get nominated for best picture(which it probably will).

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.