Inception

8.7

1. Aug 28, 2010
    I'd like to keep my review rather to the point.

Pros: 1. its theme - dream is a fascinating topic to say the least. There are a lot of unknowns in the dreamworld. 2. its plot - there are several sweet twists and unpredictable turns. 3. its edgy drive - although you know what's coming next but still you feel jumpy about it. 4. its fast storyline - the story moves fast from one scene to
    I'd like to keep my review rather to the point.

Pros:
    2. its plot - there are several sweet twists and unpredictable turns.
    4. its fast storyline - the story moves fast from one scene to another, making the viewers feel like on a roller coaster ride. At times, it's hard to keep up, even at the second viewing.
    5. its sophistication - there is a lot of information to remember and digest. This is the very thing the modern moviegoers are after, I believe.
    6. its realism - okay, pun intended. The movie explains (or at least tries to) the ins and outs of what dream is about and how it functions, some of which are very familiar with and dear to us.

Cons:
    1. its poor character development - although the acting was convincing enough there was not enough of character development. I wonder how many people really felt connected to the main character(s) after watching the movie. Yes, the movie talks about emotional struggles but it was more of an action film, if you ask me.
    2. too many distractions - I found that the movie had more than enough characters than necessary. They may play some roles in the plot but they seemed more of distraction than anything else. I wish the movie was more focused.
    3. a bit preachy - I noticed the characters would explain things about the dreamworld and then the exact things happen later in the movie. I'm afraid, Inception overused this trick.

In conclusion, its theme is fascinating but its delivery is not without room for improvement.

I highly recommend you to go and read Somewhere carnal over 40 winks, if you dig this kind of flicks.

Cheers!
  2. RedzuanM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    What makes Inception so special is that it's not your typical straight forward summer blockbuster. Nolan gives you bits and pieces of information, and as the movie plays out the viewer begins to put the pieces together and the picture gradually becomes clearer. Chris Nolan doesn't dumb down the movie for the audience like most Hollywood movies do these days, he expects us to What makes Inception so special is that it's not your typical straight forward summer blockbuster. Nolan gives you bits and pieces of information, and as the movie plays out the viewer begins to put the pieces together and the picture gradually becomes clearer. Chris Nolan doesn't dumb down the movie for the audience like most Hollywood movies do these days, he expects us to keep up with him. And when we do, the reward is extremely gratifying. And the visuals were amazing. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  4. Sep 1, 2010
    An amazing film. If you love puzzles and are not offendend at that fact that you may not understand everything that you see (the first viewing); then this film is for you.
  5. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  6. Sep 3, 2010
    BRILLIANT.... simply BRILLIANT!
    Very hard to understand at first (much like MATRX), however, it all came together by the end.
    Acting, special effects, story-line, direction, and creative ideas SUPERB!
  7. Sep 10, 2010
    Really great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie thatReally great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie that wants you to think about after watching it. I think some people are trying to view this movie as an action movie, or an exploration of psychology and dreams, but it's neither of those. Those are all great things, but this is a heist movie. This is the kind of movie that Ocean's 11 would be if Ocean's 11 was far more original, intelligent, and had a greater respect for its audience. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely amazing film. Amazing soundtrack, special effects and writing. Would watch it again at least a 100 times. Should have won more awards in my opinion.
  9. Dec 5, 2011
    I seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces myI seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces my hand on to give it a 10. Expand
  10. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    This is one movie that will make your head hurt, in a good way, this is Nolan's best film yet, and this is the guy who directed The Dark Knight, the complexity of the movie is what makes it so good, the ending is quite a cliffhanger too. And the visual effects are amazing. This is my favorite movie. Period.
  11. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  12. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  13. Sep 1, 2010
    A beautifully complex movie by modern master filmmaker Christopher Nolan. The performances, editing, music and visual effects are remarkable and surely Oscar worthy. Intelligent, mesmerising and astounding, this a must-see movie experience.
  14. Dec 13, 2010
    Don't think of elephants..... What do you think of?

Don't think of elephants..... What do you think of?

The concept of using your sub conscious as a form of weaponry is a fascinating concept that has been adapted to a fantastic film by Christopher Nolan. The effects were nothing short of brilliant and the concept that drives the storyline was perfect. The actors played a huge part in ensuring the success of the film and I felt that Ellen Page andLeonardo Dicaprio were fantastic in getting their role. Overall the concept of the movie leaves us with unanswered questions. In particular the ending of the movie questions the reality of life. In fact what do we define as real or unreal? What is reality? Are we controlled by a dream? Why do we have dreams? The movie captured my attention and was a great work. Overall a fantastic movie that was brilliantly staged by Nolan. 9/10
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
  16. SusanJ.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A mind-bending roller coaster of a movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Cast was inspired, ensemble acting.
  17. KevinD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Fantastic movie. No, it isn't a truly original concept, but nothing is. I don't see how anyone could think this was boring, as there was action throughout most of the movie and the stakes were higher than death. So glad Hollywood made a movie that's not a sequel. You have to be paying attention and thinking about what's going on at all levels of the dreams to really Fantastic movie. No, it isn't a truly original concept, but nothing is. I don't see how anyone could think this was boring, as there was action throughout most of the movie and the stakes were higher than death. So glad Hollywood made a movie that's not a sequel. You have to be paying attention and thinking about what's going on at all levels of the dreams to really understand what's going on, which might put off some people, but it really enhances the film. I love non-linear storytelling, though, so I might be biased. Great acting as well. Glad to see Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (aka chick from Juno and dude from (500) Days of Summer/Third Rock from the Sun) do some action roles to show they have chops outside pseudo-indie hipster movies. Worth seeing again. Expand
  18. Jan 21, 2011
    I found that it didn't really amaze me with its plot or character development quite as much as Nolan's other films such as The Dark Knight, but it's a fast-paced and thought provoking action movie that is sure to keep you thinking long after the end credits roll. Plus, the concept is just plain cool.
  19. Sep 10, 2010
    Good movie. I found the ending to be a bit cliché, and was easily predictable at least half an hour into the film. I really was hoping for it not to end that way, and felt a bit cheated. Also, as much as it tries to be a movie that make you think about it long after it's over, it doesn't.

That said, It does an amazing job exploring and fleshing out the subject matter. In that regard, it is truly unique and very much worth seeing.

If you liked this film, I would also highly recommend seeing Paprika.
  20. Nov 23, 2010
    One of the better movies made in while. A very intruiging concept that really gets you thinking. It isnt perfect but its pretty close. Its one of those movies you have to really pay close attention to and there is plenty of action, special effects are nicely done. Overall very good. 9/10.
  21. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is really one candidate for the best film ever. I recommended everyone to watch this movie, ideally more then once. Its has a complex and deep plot mixed with various mainstream elements. A Blockbuster.
  22. Sep 4, 2010
    Easiest 10 I've ever given. Unique story that really wrinkles the brain. Leo was great, Ellen Page was great. Saw it a second time to answer some questions I had but ended up leaving the theatre with a few more. In my opinion that's a great movie. Christopher Nolan does it again.
  23. Sep 5, 2010
    watched it twice and loved the mental challenge induced, the great visuals, the performances! one of the best films of any genre for 2010! hope we see some Oscar noms for it soon!
    I loved the way Marion Cotillard gave so much depth to her haunting Mal and the understated yet key performance of Michael Caine's Miles.
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if not longer. And an imposing yet 'enveloping' music score.
  24. Sep 26, 2010
    The best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recentThe best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recent years.
    The easiest way to describe Inception is to say that it deals with dreams, and people who enter other's dreams to find, or implant, information. As we soon learn, gaining information from dreams is difficult enough, but to implant information (a process called, you guessed it, inception), is a different story entirely. If you must know the plot, Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) are hired by Saito (Ken Watanabe) to perform inception on Robert Fischer, Jr. (Cillian Murphy) in an effort to convince him to divide his father's (Maurice Fischer [Pete Postlethwaite]) company (this, as Alfred **** would say, is the MacGuffin). After consulting his old teacher, Miles (Michael Caine), Cobb picks up Ariadne (Ellen Page), Eames (Tom Hardy), and Yusuf (Dileep Rao), to assist him and Arthur on their mission of inception. There is also a side story involving Cobb's wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), and their two children. My plot synopsis ends here, as saying more would detract from the amazing moments you'll witness on-screen.
    Those who have seen director Christopher Nolan's 2000 effort, Memento, will not be surprised by Inception's requirement of the viewer to take each scene as it comes. Viewers and critics have called the film confusing. It's not confusing, it's complex. The film itself is explained in detail, and without the usual boring dialog that screams "Did everybody get that?". There's even well-timed comedic moments that serve to break the tension. The difficult complexities of the film come from what is not seen, the bigger picture, happening outside the parameters of the movie. This is why Inception has been the subject of debate on forums, blogs, and even around dinner tables. It's as though Nolan puts the viewer in the middle of his maze, gives them the map, then turns them loose; but, there's a catch, the edges of the map are burned and faded.
    The technical side of the film is near perfect. I can't recall another film where the special effects and cinematography were better matched to create a visual buffet that simultaneously feeds our hungry eyes and mind. Nolan's long-time cinematographer, Wally Pfister, has done a great work here that tells the story as well as the actors and their dialog. All the while, Hans Zimmer's score flows throughout the film, taking us where we need to go. While Nolan and his crew juggle the technical side of the film, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his cohorts, are in full-form as we journey alongside them through dreams inside of dreams.
    Inception is that rare treat that comes down the line when a studio (in this case Warner Bros.) is smart, and brave, enough, to take a chance on something great and original. If you see one film in the theater this summer, make it Inception.
  25. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first watched the film, I didn't see why it deserved so much praise. I saw that the acting was awesome, the plot, cinematography and score was great but something just didn't click. However, I decided to watch it again and find out a little bit more about the film. That is when I found out it was perfection and unique. No one really knows what the ending is supposed to mean and whether he's still in a dream and what is and isn't a dream. That's the beauty of it. You decide. There are so many different concept and every time you watch the film you can think of a new one. No film has ever left such a lasting impression on me. Many people love it but many people hate it because it is too complex for them or they didn't understand a concept. It is interesting and I was talking about it for weeks. Masterpiece. Expand
  26. Aug 18, 2010
    Fantastic movie. DiCaprio goes from strength to strength. A wonderful blend of sci-fi and mind-bending physic with a simple driving core message. Love. Blended perfectly. Well worth the effort to understand.
  27. Sep 22, 2010
    i loved this movie!!! the graphics were trippy, all throughout the movie i was on edge then BAM! a cafe is obliterated and they all wake up back in reality. I love how at times its vague story line keeps you thinking with their fast faced action. christopher nolan obviously had a hell of a lot of time on his hands as his imagination ran wild!
  28. dgr
    Sep 26, 2010
    A Great Achievement - The Effects are brilliant and there are strong performances especially from Marion Cotillard - The Dark Knight is better but it has competition with this film.
  29. Feb 24, 2012
    Inception is a daring original, and mind-provoking film. One of 2010's best.
  30. Nov 23, 2010
    for me, the best movie this year so far.....10 out of 10...i really loved the plot..it was kinda confusing but it was well done..a well written script and a great director...A+
  31. ChrisO
    Jul 20, 2010
    It seems that those who rate this movie low are the ones who cannot comprehend what its all about, nor can they interpret anything from the movie, be it from the pro critics, or just customers like me. I just saw this movie tonight with my friends and throughout the movie I just couldnt help but be bewildered at times at the complexity of the movie at times. The ending was one of the best It seems that those who rate this movie low are the ones who cannot comprehend what its all about, nor can they interpret anything from the movie, be it from the pro critics, or just customers like me. I just saw this movie tonight with my friends and throughout the movie I just couldnt help but be bewildered at times at the complexity of the movie at times. The ending was one of the best and open endings Ive seen in a movie and can be interpreted so many ways. The movie is just fantastic, and has left my mind blown like many others. It is a must see this summer. Expand
  32. SamK
    Jul 16, 2010
    INCEPTION: Nolan has re-ivented the art of film making. The BEST film I have seen in 15 YEARS!!!
  33. CM
    Jul 16, 2010
    Movies can be educational, moving, or simply an escape. This is the latter, and time flies as you watch it - not unlike in a good dream. Forget the actors, ignore the script, and divorce reality. Immerse yourself in it and enjoy what a good movie can do...
  34. Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah, Incepiton is complex. Is that a bad thing? No. If you look past the craziness the first time through, and the fact that Ellen Paige's character is only there to be an "exposition shovel", the movie has a lot of treats for people who go to see it more than once. Also, there's a twist ending. Watch it.
  35. Aug 19, 2010
    Whoever thinks this movie is boring is because they are stupid. YOU HAVE TO THINK FOR ONCE IN A MOVIE! The hallway scenes with Joe are the best scenes i've seen in a while. I thought everything was perfect and Christopher Nolan is the Alfred Hitchcock of this generation.
  36. Nov 3, 2010
    What I loved about this film is not just the original concept but the thrill factor. It was easy to understand the concept within 5 minutes into the film but the thrill had me going until the final moments. This was another brilliant film from the genius of Christopher Nolan. Great performances by all the actors as I thought it was a pretty decent cast.
  37. Dylan
    Jul 16, 2010
    Absolutely incredible! There has never been a movie completely like it and neither will there be again. Why do we dream? I think that is what Nolan is really exploring here. Any critic who doesn't like this movie should be sentenced to having to watch Grown Ups in their dreams for the rest of their existence. ;)
  38. Jan 21, 2011
    Inception doesn't need to be told by every review that it's new and fresh or (the opposite) stupid and "puzzles me as to why people like this crap." I understand that. It needs to be told it's a classic.
  39. Feb 22, 2012
    Inception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice inInception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland and Rabbit Hole.
    Inception treats a dark and interesting topic, the dreams and the power of the subconscious; and because of that the plot is so tangled, complex and even timeless. The barrier between reality and fiction is broken; so who can tell which thing is which? Or what is the difference between those? Even if you discover the true reality, can you be sure? There is only one or there are more realities? No one can tell for sure. This film also has some enjoyable concepts: Carpe Diem, the Leap of Faith, the bad remember dream and the unconditional love. The quotes that represent these concepts the most are: -An old man fill with regret waiting to die alone- and -You are waiting for a train...
    Besides the amazing topic, the screenplay, direction and performances are very good. But the most outstanding thing of Inception is the visual effects: the explosions in the cafe, the bend of the city, the free fall of the van, the fight in the hotel and all the things that happen in the limbo. What better way than a cliffhanger ending.
  40. SergeyV.
    Jul 22, 2010
    Its the most real Nolan from
  41. TylerS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The film was flat out amazing. The story was engaging, the characters riveting and the concept was intriguing.
  42. Jul 14, 2011
    EVERYONE! Inception, was good. But......................................................................................................................................

AHHHHH, MY BRAIN!! IT BURNS!
  43. Sam
    Jul 16, 2010
    Look at those contrarian hater critics at the bottom. Get real. This is the best movie to come out of the Hollywood crap factory in a long, long time. Brilliant.
  44. ArjunS
    Jul 23, 2010
    Amazing Movie, I have to say this is one of the best movie in recent years, Possibly best in this year, Everything is Perfect.
  45. Alaniz
    Jul 16, 2010
    Think chess not checkers and you will enjoy it
  46. Aug 17, 2010
    Definitely the most innovative and original movie of the year with an amazing and metaphorical storyline along with sophisticated visuals that will keep you intrigued throughout the whole two and a half hours.
  47. Sep 5, 2010
    Its a crime that this only got a 74 metascore, so many people are trashing the special effects in this movie even though Christopher Nolan tried not to use CGI at all...
  48. Sep 14, 2010
    What Nolan accomplishes is amazing, a film where the framework is so complex, the premise can stun the idle brain. I was blown away through the whole ride, from the performances, to the breathtaking visual effects. It really boils down to the strange and wonderful plot, a plot that stays with you long after the credits roll, and implications still haunt me.
  49. Aug 20, 2010
    After all the hype I found the film mildly dissapointing. I don't feel enough was done with the clever concept and the amount of gun fire was over the top. Despite this De Caprio does very well as does his side kick. However, this is not on the level of 'The Dark Knight'.
  50. Sep 29, 2010
    Christopher Nolan is no stranger to making movies that will send the audience in utter confusion (i.e Memento). Inception is one of the movies that will have audiences thinking long after the movie is over. It will allow you to question your surroundings, and will cause you to question what reality truly is. The production value of the film is incomprehensible as almost every aspect ofChristopher Nolan is no stranger to making movies that will send the audience in utter confusion (i.e Memento). Inception is one of the movies that will have audiences thinking long after the movie is over. It will allow you to question your surroundings, and will cause you to question what reality truly is. The production value of the film is incomprehensible as almost every aspect of the movie is fully-thought out. Hans Zimmer has been the soundtrack producer for previous Nolan films, and here delivers a soundtrack that compliments the action and suspense of the movie as a whole. Perhaps one of the highlights the film is the ensemble of actors. Within the ensemble are three Oscar nominated actors (Di Caprio, Page, Watanabe) and two winning individuals (Cotillard and Caine). There is no doubt that it is well-acted and it adds to the reality of the film, where in fact should be absent. The minimal flaw in the film is that Nolan attempts to put too much to try to confuse its audience, but in the end this is just a small flaw in an immensely great film Expand
  51. Oct 5, 2010
    It's not a masterpiece but is surely one of the most brilliant screenplay of the last 20 years! Great movie and great time passed watching it! My compliments to the director-screenwriter. 8.50
  52. MitchellV.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Excellent movie. Chris Nolan at his best. I was in need of a good mindf**k.
  53. JamesT.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Christopher Nolan, has probably incepted my mind cause this movie is all i can think about
  54. DamonA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    I could sit here all night telling you why this movie is probably the best movie I have ever seen, but that would be unnecessary. Simply put, go see this movie!
  55. JayS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The best movie i have ever seen since the dark knight. nolan is no doubt the next stanley kubrick.
  56. Sep 10, 2011
    The movie's plot may baffle the audience, but Christopher Nolan's "Inception" dazzles us with powerful visuals, an ensemble cast, and mostly the director's mind blowing creativity.
  57. JustinS.
    Jul 18, 2010
    Liked the depth of the main character. Want to see it again, but will watch it on Blu-Ray.
  58. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies,Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies, however, it examines crime as part of the human condition endemic to even our dreams. Expand
  59. Aug 25, 2010
    This is one of the finest and most intriguing movies that I have ever seen. It has been years since a Hollywood movie kept my attention from start to finish. My hats off to Chris Nolan for restoring some of my faith in film.

I am trying to pinpoint what really drew me into the story but am unable to even come close. Sure the plot and sense of dream vs reality but it was more of the whole package. Just about every aspect (including the film score, acting, and effects) was right on. The movie was so intense for me that I literally said WOW at the end each time. This is a movie that gets better with a 2nd viewing. This film should be shining light to all the Hollywood establishment that they have the power to make great films.
  60. Oct 11, 2010
    Probably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, IProbably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, I was confused my first time watching this movie (maybe it had one too many layers), but it was much more clear the second time around fyi. Expand
  61. Nov 12, 2010
    Like it's Idea of dream within a dream Inception is masterpiece within a masterpiece.
    Christopher Nolan's idea is unique and brilliant.
    The Director is in top form :).
  62. SamD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Wow. A masterpiece! how could some people dislike this?? it guess its like blade runner or 2001, which some people disliked. but wow, this was the best movie of the year, if not the decade.
  63. MikeW.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The exponentially smart and puzzling "Inception" did a number on my brain. It's hard to describe a movie like this, you just have to see it for yourself!
  64. HerbleB.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The mindblower of all films.
  65. ToddK.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A mindf**k. A meditation on the nature of reality vs. perception. One thing's for certain. It's a movie that each person will take something different away with them from.
  66. BradA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Wow! this movie was unlike everything i have ever seen. now i know how people felt when they first saw 2001 or blade runner.
  67. AndyM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Saw it at midnight. Can't wait to see it again. Remarkable, novel, exciting masterpiece that is not to be missed. It's more of a heist film than a character driven piece, but as heist films go it's as intellectually awesome as it can possibly be.
  68. Aug 10, 2010
    Not since The Matrix have I been this enthralled by a movie that happens inside the subconscious. Very cool film, smart, detailed but not confusing, and a great ending.
  69. FelipeRico
    Jul 17, 2010
    Inception was so awesome,with lots of dreams, awesome setting,cool visual effects,great characters,and mindless fun to watch that sucks into your mind!
  70. JosephN
    Jul 23, 2010
  71. SudipD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    One of the best movie i've ever seen
  72. LucasH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This movie is proof that christopher nolan is on his way to joining the pantheon of masterful directors. this is the most complicated movie I have ever seen, while at the same time being completely original, and very entertaining. In this day and age, that is something truly incredible. I'm not sure yet if this is his best movie (a few more viewings will decide that), I didn'tThis movie is proof that christopher nolan is on his way to joining the pantheon of masterful directors. this is the most complicated movie I have ever seen, while at the same time being completely original, and very entertaining. In this day and age, that is something truly incredible. I'm not sure yet if this is his best movie (a few more viewings will decide that), I didn't find it as fun as the Dark Knight or Memento, however, there is something remarkable about this movie that I cant quite put my finger on that really resonates with me. I cant give it a high enough recommendation. The one thing is it wont insult your intelligence, but it may make the mistake of assuming your a rocket scientist. And for you rocket scientists out there, fasten your seat belts, its going to be one hell of a ride. Expand
  73. EllisA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    An incredible movie in the best tradition of Hollywood. This movie demonstrates the great success that filmmakers can have when they dare to step outside the established ideas and ancient rehashed storylines and create something totally new and awesome. Yes, Inception takes from the best movies of recent history, but does so in an artful and thoughtful way. Nolan is building, not An incredible movie in the best tradition of Hollywood. This movie demonstrates the great success that filmmakers can have when they dare to step outside the established ideas and ancient rehashed storylines and create something totally new and awesome. Yes, Inception takes from the best movies of recent history, but does so in an artful and thoughtful way. Nolan is building, not copying. The critics can say whatever gives them their jollies, but I loves the effects, I loved the storyline, I loved the characters and emotion, and I loved the ending. Hollywood, take note: This is how movies are made. Expand
  74. JimS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Thoughtful, with a great ensemble cast, carried without a misstep by Leonardo. A fantastic story with locations, action, and effects worthy of any Bond or Matrix offering. Not a dead minute in the entire 2+ hours. Film making on a grand and wonderful scale. Daring, confident, and beautiful. A must see. 9.5
  75. Sep 13, 2010
    What makes "Inception" a summer blockbuster hit. One, the cast was amazing. Two, Christopher Nolan (The Director of "The Dark Knight) wrote a fantasic screenplay. Three, the scenes in this film were "Mind-Blowing!" Inception is a fantasic, action/sci-fi thriller for anyone. I can't wait to purchase this on DvD.
  76. CharlieLawson
    Jul 18, 2010
    Best movie I have seen since The Return of the King. Don't understand how someone can not like this movie. Has everything you want in a movie.
  77. EvinC.
    Jul 17, 2010
    A film that can't be explained in words but only by Nolan's fantastic vision. That ending is overwhelmingly amazing,
  78. JayL.
    Jul 18, 2010
    Refreshing.... at the end of the movie people seemed mesmerized and gave it an honest, spontaneous standing ovation.
  79. CalebM.
    Jul 24, 2010
    Great movie that keeps the mind moving the whole time.
  80. CalebR.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A classic in the making... This is a film that will go down as one of the greatest films ever! I am not going to waste my time trying to explain the film to you guys as it is a film you just need to see! 10 Stars and one of the greatest films ever!
  81. ChrisF.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Man there are a lot of simpletons on here that seem to want to bash the movie only because it is a bit too complex for their liking. The movie was absolutely brilliant! The storyline was so intricate and well-woven only made better by the great cast that portrayed it. I saw it last night and I am still thinking about it. Sure there were a lot of gunfights and explosions and such, but the Man there are a lot of simpletons on here that seem to want to bash the movie only because it is a bit too complex for their liking. The movie was absolutely brilliant! The storyline was so intricate and well-woven only made better by the great cast that portrayed it. I saw it last night and I am still thinking about it. Sure there were a lot of gunfights and explosions and such, but the difference here was that I actually CARED about the people in the fights, and they were effectively used to tell the story. Don't let these haters sway you from seeing this movie, it's probably the smartest bit of entertainment that will be pumped out of hollywood in quite some time. Expand
  82. PeggyH.
    Jul 19, 2010
    These people are so wrong about this being just like every other movie. this is so much different than the matrix and other things, but it still is another great movie to put into that catagory. this movie is a scifi action movie that is centered around a heist. The people that don't like this are afraid of change. go see this movie!
  83. PatW
    Jul 19, 2010
    For a movie goer who enjoys creativity and originality this may be one of the greatest films you will ever see. Best Picture Worthy.
  84. ErikD
    Jul 19, 2010
    Great film. Intelligent enough that I admit to getting lost a few times, but in the end I didn't doubt the filmmakers so much as myself.
  85. AlexP.
    Jul 17, 2010
    This movie was incredible. Best movie I've seen in years. Better than the Matrix. Chris Nolan really pulled off an unbelievable piece of directing and the story is absolutely amazing. Don't miss it!
  86. Jan 23, 2011
    "Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality - which is the theme that goes across the whole film.
    With an amazingly original screenplay by director Christopher Nolan, it is hard for "Inception" to leave you without thinking. It is actually a rather engaging film, and I cannot imagine many people walking out from the film thinking that it did not offer food for thought, if nothing else.
    The visual effects are stunning, and in the same class as were the ones from "The Matrix" back in the day. Surely, it is not as breathtaking as "Avatar" was, but that was not it's intention in the first place. It is just visually a great film.
    The cast was also rather superb, especially DiCardo, Gordon-Levitt and Cottilard. Not really amazing performances, but definitely good and not over the top, which would have brought the quality of the film down.
    Christopher Nolan's direction and imagination are at it's peak - he has definitely surpassed "The Dark Knight" by far, with this film. Definitely a new masterpiece of cinema, that will leave no one apathetic.
  87. Oct 13, 2010
    A very good movie that makes you think about dreams in a new way. I have talked to friends about dreams and the idea of controlling them, AND the idea of inception itself, and that's the kind of stuff that helps you know it's a good movie.
  88. Oct 2, 2010
    Pros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond andPros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond and Shutter Island. Joseph Gordon Levitte isnt just a goofy love-sick guy like in 500 Days of Summer. And Hans Zimmer, I loved the films soundtrack. May we all bow in worship to Christopher Nolan Expand
  89. Oct 4, 2010
    Great movie. It's definitely a mind blower. The whole story is fascinating. You can't leave the movie for popcorn though (you'll miss some interesting stuff).
  90. Oct 12, 2010
    A film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered come Oscar time.
  91. QA
    Sep 2, 2010
    Not only was this movie worth the 15 dollars in IMAX, but it was worth the 2 1/2 hours at midnight. Christopher Nolan found a way to make this movie both inherently believable and suspenseful. The subtle humor was extremely tasteful, and Leo's acting was impeccable. On the note of acting, Ellen Page's performance was incredible and very worthy of Best Supporting Actress. The rest of ...
  92. Aug 12, 2010
    I think i was expecting too much from this movie. Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio just sounded so awesome. The storyline was A LOT less confusing then i had hoped, but the average joe might have a bit of trouble with it. I would say this is his 4th best film and it's one of the best movies to come out this year.
  93. Aug 20, 2010
    As with other Nolan movies there's a lot of sleight-of-hand in blinding you to the big plot holes. In the case of this movie, I found those holes genuinely bothersome. See this, there's lots to like, but so far, his masterpiece is still the Dark Knight.
  94. Aug 16, 2010
    This movie was interesting from the beginning to the end, It had everything I look for in a movie deep characters interesting plot and deep enough story. The effects were amazing and it was just a damn good movie go see it!
  95. Aug 17, 2010
    Best movie ive seen since the Dark knight! Amazing and original plot, amzing action sequences, and likeable characters! Its a must see movie! a masterpiece!
  96. Nov 10, 2010
    Overrated?
    Overrated?
    Almost certainly, but still an exceptional movie, if only for the concept and presentation. This is certainly worth at least one viewing, but i'd say to really get the plot you'd need to see it a few times, this won't effect your enjoyment of the movie though. The effects are very well done and at times breath taking. Characters were mostly pretty shallow, although i thought DiCaprio's character was surprisingly and intriguingly complex.
    Definitely recommend, will be buying on blu-ray for certain.
  97. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  98. Sep 5, 2010
    Best film of the year. The architecture is just fabulous. The concept of entering another person's dream to plant an idea is remarkably creative. It may be science fiction now, but maybe it isn't.

DeCaprio has been making a living as a mercenary, entering othe people's dreams and extracting ideas, information wanted by his employers. He is challenged to plant an idea by a businessman who wants the heir to a conglomerate to diverse his company, when he inherits. Leo's character has to assemble a team of experts to accomplish this task. Does he do it?

The viewer must be ready to concentrate and engross themselves for over two hours, otherwise, like a bathroom break, and you come back completely confused.

This is one of the best films I've seen in over 60 years.
  99. Sep 8, 2010
    An amazing movie showcasing an interesting plot that immerses you right until the end, it's theme - arguably the strongest Inception has going for it - is dreams and i was left satisfied with how said subject matter was treated without dumbing it down in typical Hollywood style. The pacing is outstanding and will always lead you into that next scene at just the right time, my only qualmAn amazing movie showcasing an interesting plot that immerses you right until the end, it's theme - arguably the strongest Inception has going for it - is dreams and i was left satisfied with how said subject matter was treated without dumbing it down in typical Hollywood style. The pacing is outstanding and will always lead you into that next scene at just the right time, my only qualm with this movie was the choice to ratchet it into action country during the back end. Expand
  100. Mar 22, 2011
    I know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TV and really enjoyed it.

To my shocking surprise, this movie is in my Top 14 favorite movies of 2010 with a creative atmosphere about dreaming in reality, excellent acting, Top-Notch action scenes, a magnificent all-star casting including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and more, and the most important thing about this movie: the superb visuals throughout the whole movie.

At my highest hopes, this movie deserves a 9/10.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.