8.6

1. Nov 23, 2010
    for me, the best movie this year so far.....10 out of 10...i really loved the plot..it was kinda confusing but it was well done..a well written script and a great director...A+
  2. Feb 22, 2012
    Inception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice inInception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland and Rabbit Hole.
    Inception treats a dark and interesting topic, the dreams and the power of the subconscious; and because of that the plot is so tangled, complex and even timeless. The barrier between reality and fiction is broken; so who can tell which thing is which? Or what is the difference between those? Even if you discover the true reality, can you be sure? There is only one or there are more realities? No one can tell for sure. This film also has some enjoyable concepts: Carpe Diem, the Leap of Faith, the bad remember dream and the unconditional love. The quotes that represent these concepts the most are: -An old man fill with regret waiting to die alone- and -You are waiting for a train...
    Besides the amazing topic, the screenplay, direction and performances are very good. But the most outstanding thing of Inception is the visual effects: the explosions in the cafe, the bend of the city, the free fall of the van, the fight in the hotel and all the things that happen in the limbo. What better way than a cliffhanger ending.
  3. Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah, Incepiton is complex. Is that a bad thing? No. If you look past the craziness the first time through, and the fact that Ellen Paige's character is only there to be an "exposition shovel", the movie has a lot of treats for people who go to see it more than once. Also, there's a twist ending. Watch it.
  4. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies,Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies, however, it examines crime as part of the human condition endemic to even our dreams. Expand
  5. Aug 25, 2010
    This is one of the finest and most intriguing movies that I have ever seen. It has been years since a Hollywood movie kept my attention from start to finish. My hats off to Chris Nolan for restoring some of my faith in film.

I am trying to pinpoint what really drew me into the story but am unable to even come close. Sure the plot and sense of dream vs reality but it was more of the whole package. Just about every aspect (including the film score, acting, and effects) was right on. The movie was so intense for me that I literally said WOW at the end each time. This is a movie that gets better with a 2nd viewing. This film should be shining light to all the Hollywood establishment that they have the power to make great films.
  6. Oct 11, 2010
    Probably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, IProbably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, I was confused my first time watching this movie (maybe it had one too many layers), but it was much more clear the second time around fyi. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2010
    Like it's Idea of dream within a dream Inception is masterpiece within a masterpiece.
    Christopher Nolan's idea is unique and brilliant.
    The Director is in top form :).
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    Inception doesn't need to be told by every review that it's new and fresh or (the opposite) stupid and "puzzles me as to why people like this crap." I understand that. It needs to be told it's a classic.
  9. Aug 10, 2010
    Not since The Matrix have I been this enthralled by a movie that happens inside the subconscious. Very cool film, smart, detailed but not confusing, and a great ending.
  10. Aug 17, 2010
    Definitely the most innovative and original movie of the year with an amazing and metaphorical storyline along with sophisticated visuals that will keep you intrigued throughout the whole two and a half hours.
  11. Sep 4, 2010
    Easiest 10 I've ever given. Unique story that really wrinkles the brain. Leo was great, Ellen Page was great. Saw it a second time to answer some questions I had but ended up leaving the theatre with a few more. In my opinion that's a great movie. Christopher Nolan does it again.
  12. Sep 5, 2010
    watched it twice and loved the mental challenge induced, the great visuals, the performances! one of the best films of any genre for 2010! hope we see some Oscar noms for it soon!
    I loved the way Marion Cotillard gave so much depth to her haunting Mal and the understated yet key performance of Michael Caine's Miles.
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if not longer. And an imposing yet 'enveloping' music score.
  13. Sep 5, 2010
    Its a crime that this only got a 74 metascore, so many people are trashing the special effects in this movie even though Christopher Nolan tried not to use CGI at all...
  14. Sep 14, 2010
    What Nolan accomplishes is amazing, a film where the framework is so complex, the premise can stun the idle brain. I was blown away through the whole ride, from the performances, to the breathtaking visual effects. It really boils down to the strange and wonderful plot, a plot that stays with you long after the credits roll, and implications still haunt me.
  15. Sep 13, 2010
    What makes "Inception" a summer blockbuster hit. One, the cast was amazing. Two, Christopher Nolan (The Director of "The Dark Knight) wrote a fantasic screenplay. Three, the scenes in this film were "Mind-Blowing!" Inception is a fantasic, action/sci-fi thriller for anyone. I can't wait to purchase this on DvD.
  16. Sep 22, 2010
    i loved this movie!!! the graphics were trippy, all throughout the movie i was on edge then BAM! a cafe is obliterated and they all wake up back in reality. I love how at times its vague story line keeps you thinking with their fast faced action. christopher nolan obviously had a hell of a lot of time on his hands as his imagination ran wild!
  17. Sep 26, 2010
    The best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recentThe best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recent years.
    The easiest way to describe Inception is to say that it deals with dreams, and people who enter other's dreams to find, or implant, information. As we soon learn, gaining information from dreams is difficult enough, but to implant information (a process called, you guessed it, inception), is a different story entirely. If you must know the plot, Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) are hired by Saito (Ken Watanabe) to perform inception on Robert Fischer, Jr. (Cillian Murphy) in an effort to convince him to divide his father's (Maurice Fischer [Pete Postlethwaite]) company (this, as Alfred **** would say, is the MacGuffin). After consulting his old teacher, Miles (Michael Caine), Cobb picks up Ariadne (Ellen Page), Eames (Tom Hardy), and Yusuf (Dileep Rao), to assist him and Arthur on their mission of inception. There is also a side story involving Cobb's wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), and their two children. My plot synopsis ends here, as saying more would detract from the amazing moments you'll witness on-screen.
    Those who have seen director Christopher Nolan's 2000 effort, Memento, will not be surprised by Inception's requirement of the viewer to take each scene as it comes. Viewers and critics have called the film confusing. It's not confusing, it's complex. The film itself is explained in detail, and without the usual boring dialog that screams "Did everybody get that?". There's even well-timed comedic moments that serve to break the tension. The difficult complexities of the film come from what is not seen, the bigger picture, happening outside the parameters of the movie. This is why Inception has been the subject of debate on forums, blogs, and even around dinner tables. It's as though Nolan puts the viewer in the middle of his maze, gives them the map, then turns them loose; but, there's a catch, the edges of the map are burned and faded.
    The technical side of the film is near perfect. I can't recall another film where the special effects and cinematography were better matched to create a visual buffet that simultaneously feeds our hungry eyes and mind. Nolan's long-time cinematographer, Wally Pfister, has done a great work here that tells the story as well as the actors and their dialog. All the while, Hans Zimmer's score flows throughout the film, taking us where we need to go. While Nolan and his crew juggle the technical side of the film, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his cohorts, are in full-form as we journey alongside them through dreams inside of dreams.
    Inception is that rare treat that comes down the line when a studio (in this case Warner Bros.) is smart, and brave, enough, to take a chance on something great and original. If you see one film in the theater this summer, make it Inception.
  18. dgr
    Sep 26, 2010
    A Great Achievement - The Effects are brilliant and there are strong performances especially from Marion Cotillard - The Dark Knight is better but it has competition with this film.
  19. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first watched the film, I didn't see why it deserved so much praise. I saw that the acting was awesome, the plot, cinematography and score was great but something just didn't click. However, I decided to watch it again and find out a little bit more about the film. That is when I found out it was perfection and unique. No one really knows what the ending is supposed to mean and whether he's still in a dream and what is and isn't a dream. That's the beauty of it. You decide. There are so many different concept and every time you watch the film you can think of a new one. No film has ever left such a lasting impression on me. Many people love it but many people hate it because it is too complex for them or they didn't understand a concept. It is interesting and I was talking about it for weeks. Masterpiece. Expand
  20. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  21. Jan 23, 2011
    "Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality - which is the theme that goes across the whole film.
    With an amazingly original screenplay by director Christopher Nolan, it is hard for "Inception" to leave you without thinking. It is actually a rather engaging film, and I cannot imagine many people walking out from the film thinking that it did not offer food for thought, if nothing else.
    The visual effects are stunning, and in the same class as were the ones from "The Matrix" back in the day. Surely, it is not as breathtaking as "Avatar" was, but that was not it's intention in the first place. It is just visually a great film.
    The cast was also rather superb, especially DiCardo, Gordon-Levitt and Cottilard. Not really amazing performances, but definitely good and not over the top, which would have brought the quality of the film down.
    Christopher Nolan's direction and imagination are at it's peak - he has definitely surpassed "The Dark Knight" by far, with this film. Definitely a new masterpiece of cinema, that will leave no one apathetic.
  22. Aug 13, 2010
    It was a masterpiece. One of the best films I've ever seen, and quite possibly, the best. It has everything you can possibly ask for. Smart, original, emotional, and utterly ambitious, Inception is the best film of 2010, and yes, it is better than The Dark Knight. Anyways, take a "leap of faith" and go experience the unforgettable masterpiece that is Inception. A 10/10.
  23. Oct 13, 2010
    A very good movie that makes you think about dreams in a new way. I have talked to friends about dreams and the idea of controlling them, AND the idea of inception itself, and that's the kind of stuff that helps you know it's a good movie.
  24. Aug 18, 2010
    Fantastic movie. DiCaprio goes from strength to strength. A wonderful blend of sci-fi and mind-bending physic with a simple driving core message. Love. Blended perfectly. Well worth the effort to understand.
  25. Aug 19, 2010
    Whoever thinks this movie is boring is because they are stupid. YOU HAVE TO THINK FOR ONCE IN A MOVIE! The hallway scenes with Joe are the best scenes i've seen in a while. I thought everything was perfect and Christopher Nolan is the Alfred Hitchcock of this generation.
  26. Aug 26, 2010
    Christopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterfulChristopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterful editing, Nolan turns his psychotic idea into a smooth, polished vision that is enjoyable on every level it aims for. Expand
  27. Oct 2, 2010
    Pros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond andPros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond and Shutter Island. Joseph Gordon Levitte isnt just a goofy love-sick guy like in 500 Days of Summer. And Hans Zimmer, I loved the films soundtrack. May we all bow in worship to Christopher Nolan Expand
  28. Oct 4, 2010
    Great movie. It's definitely a mind blower. The whole story is fascinating. You can't leave the movie for popcorn though (you'll miss some interesting stuff).
  29. Oct 12, 2010
    A film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered come Oscar time.
  30. Nov 3, 2010
    What I loved about this film is not just the original concept but the thrill factor. It was easy to understand the concept within 5 minutes into the film but the thrill had me going until the final moments. This was another brilliant film from the genius of Christopher Nolan. Great performances by all the actors as I thought it was a pretty decent cast.
  31. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  32. Aug 17, 2010
    Best movie ive seen since the Dark knight! Amazing and original plot, amzing action sequences, and likeable characters! Its a must see movie! a masterpiece!
  33. Nov 10, 2010
    Overrated?
    Overrated?
    Almost certainly, but still an exceptional movie, if only for the concept and presentation. This is certainly worth at least one viewing, but i'd say to really get the plot you'd need to see it a few times, this won't effect your enjoyment of the movie though. The effects are very well done and at times breath taking. Characters were mostly pretty shallow, although i thought DiCaprio's character was surprisingly and intriguingly complex.
    Definitely recommend, will be buying on blu-ray for certain.
  34. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  35. Sep 1, 2010
    An amazing film. If you love puzzles and are not offendend at that fact that you may not understand everything that you see (the first viewing); then this film is for you.
  36. Sep 10, 2010
    Really great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie thatReally great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie that wants you to think about after watching it. I think some people are trying to view this movie as an action movie, or an exploration of psychology and dreams, but it's neither of those. Those are all great things, but this is a heist movie. This is the kind of movie that Ocean's 11 would be if Ocean's 11 was far more original, intelligent, and had a greater respect for its audience. Expand
  37. Mar 22, 2011
    I know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TV and really enjoyed it.

To my shocking surprise, this movie is in my Top 14 favorite movies of 2010 with a creative atmosphere about dreaming in reality, excellent acting, Top-Notch action scenes, a magnificent all-star casting including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and more, and the most important thing about this movie: the superb visuals throughout the whole movie.

At my highest hopes, this movie deserves a 9/10.
  38. Jun 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a film, this is an experience. Stunning visual effects and an intelligent script make Inception your classic summer blockbuster with a twist: it is actually intelligent. The score is beautiful, and Nolan does his usually fantastic job directing. By the end of the film, you will be questioning reality, and most importantly, you will be wondering if it stopped spinning. Expand
  39. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great movie, an action/science fiction movie with an intelligent plot that will have you talking about it way after the credits finish. Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor in the business today period.
  40. Jul 21, 2011
    The best movie this year! Christopher Nolan has made one of his finest movies of all time! Expect this having a lot of Oscar nominations! This movie will blow your mind! Christopher Nolan this movie that extracts great film making, art and mind dreaming. If you had to choose the movie of the year, this would be the one you were looking for!
  41. Aug 10, 2011
    Yep. I fell for it. The whole idea really sucks me in. How can you not be interested in such an original and mind-bending idea? It's also supported by incredible visuals and some unsung strong acting by the cast, especially Ellen Page
  42. Sep 28, 2011
    It's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within it and then the film starts. Must watch.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely amazing film. Amazing soundtrack, special effects and writing. Would watch it again at least a 100 times. Should have won more awards in my opinion.
  44. Dec 5, 2011
    I seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces myI seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces my hand on to give it a 10. Expand
  45. Jul 21, 2012
    What makes Inception so great is how much thought has gone into it. You need to see it twice to fully understand it. It's brilliantly directed by Nolan and the acting was even better. This is going to stay in my top 5 movies for a very very long time.
  46. Sep 13, 2012
    Brilliant, genius and original. hard for me to understand the movie the first time i watched it, but i felt this movie was something different, so i watched it again and then i understood it. Full of imagination and the acting was super. love it!
  47. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  48. Oct 26, 2013
    An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
  49. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  50. Aug 18, 2010
    Let's hope Hollywood takes notice and realizes that there is more potential for success for a complicated movie done well vs. a "comfort-food" movie done poorly.
  51. Aug 12, 2010
    Phenomenal film from top to bottom, one I'm sure will merit a perfect 10 on second viewing. Only a 9 at the moment due to the huge expectations and hype i placed on the movie which in fairness it just couldn't reach, I felt the length, and slight predictability took something away from it. But really that is not the point, this film can't be judged on the same merits as other big budgetPhenomenal film from top to bottom, one I'm sure will merit a perfect 10 on second viewing. Only a 9 at the moment due to the huge expectations and hype i placed on the movie which in fairness it just couldn't reach, I felt the length, and slight predictability took something away from it. But really that is not the point, this film can't be judged on the same merits as other big budget blockbusters because it is so darn original and clever. The ideas in this film would have been so extraordinary on paper and in Nolan's head but to apply them in such a stunning fashion and (more the most part just about) in a way that makes sense was at times draw dropping. The man knows how to build tension like no other major film director today,much like he did with the 'boat dilemma' in The Dark Knight he created another 'ticking clock' function which drove the film forward perfectly. The visuals in this picture are draw dropping and at no point look like a 'special effect', they are so natural in the film and make the dream sequences all the more immersive. One final note on Di Caprio, he just gets better and better and better, gives depth to the character that in turn increases the depth of the film, awesome! Expand
  52. Aug 10, 2010
    My favorite movie on first viewing since The Matrix. I love the ambition and the originality. As I walked out of the movie theater the first thing than came to mind was "how the hell did he come up with that". If you haven't seen this movie you should go now.
  53. Aug 11, 2010
    Inception managed to shatter every expectation that I had placed upon it. It is an exciting, challenging, wholly original film that is, at this point, the year's very best.
  54. QA
    Sep 2, 2010
    Not only was this movie worth the 15 dollars in IMAX, but it was worth the 2 1/2 hours at midnight. Christopher Nolan found a way to make this movie both inherently believable and suspenseful. The subtle humor was extremely tasteful, and Leo's acting was impeccable. On the note of acting, Ellen Page's performance was incredible and very worthy of Best Supporting Actress. The rest of ...
  55. Aug 11, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has done it again. Dazzling, mindbending, and utterly exciting, "Inception" delivers in almost every conceivable way. I saw it twice during it's opening weekend, and I have every intention of seeing it again. Nolan's film blows every other Summer film out of the water. Hands down.
  56. Aug 11, 2010
    What is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream andWhat is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream and others will say that we dream because it is how our minds are constructed to keep us active even when we sleep, (at least that is how I see it). The truth is that we as an advanced race will never truly know the reasons for dreams. The Human mind is the most complex and powerful thing we as humans posses and our ability to dream gives us something much more than just to keep our minds active it is a way for us to draw inspiration and to recover memories that we thought were long gone. Christopher Nolan(director of Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) gives us a glimpse at the power of the mind the wonders of dream and a story that is as complex as the dream world it weaves a crime that does not take place someplace a place where the mind is the scene of the crime. Over the course of 11 years, Christopher Nolan has become one of modern cinemas greatest directors delivering one amazing film after another after another after another, Nolan has achieved a certain level of success at such a young age that is only matched by one other legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg. Nolan's films are as complex as the next he never strays from focusing on the events of the story or the characters as they shift through theses dark and at sometimes lurid sequences of events that befall them. That is his style and that is the reasons I love his movies there is so much to them not just what is on the surfaces but what is beneath the surfaces the deep rooted anxiety of theses characters. There dark painful pasts, the non linear story telling that is almost ever present in all of his films his latest endeavor, "Inception" is no exception. "inception" is a twist a minute, mind bending brain teaser it is the rare kind of summer blockbuster that thrills you while at the same time making you think about the boundless possibilities that the dream world that our minds create. The only other movie, actually I should say movies, I have ever seen that posses such powerful questions are "The Matrix"(1999) and "Vanilla Sky"(2001) although "Vanilla Sky" is far more like "Inception than "The Matrix" they both are up there as two of the most mind bending Science Fiction films I have ever seen. Both films using the ideas of reality to further along there sometimes-confusing plot and "Inception" has one hell of a perplexing plot. This kind of movie is a thinking persons movie someone who has the attention span to keep there focus pinned on Nolan's bleak and stark vision of a dark visually stunning dream world that is amazingly not to different from our own. I know there will be people walking into this movie expecting a run of the mill action thriller that is just covered up by a premise that takes place in the dream world, they will sadly walk out upset that they did not get the mindless action that they expected or even wanted. A more perceptive experienced moviegoer will know what to expect from this twisty Nolan film and if you know that, you can never predict how it will end or what will happen then you have all they need to watch this brilliant piece of filmmaking. "Inception" took me by surprise I expected this film to be something similar to "The Matrix" and yet I got something far more complex and daring a wholly original and jarring Sci-Fi Noir that boldly puts itself out there and challenges the horrendous summer blockbusters by doing what they failed to do. Deliver a solid and thrilling piece of entertainment that surpasses anything that mainstream Hollywood has put out in the recent months. Nolan not only blows away the competition he crushes it leaving nothing but rubble of the films that should have been winner but instead were failures. "Inception" is one of the best if not the best film of the summer and one of the films of the year. Expand
  57. Aug 12, 2010
    This film blew my mind. I went to see it with a friend and both of us were speechless, in awe at the sheer brilliance of the film for 20 minutes afterwards. If you enjoyed The Dark Knight you will love this film. In fact, you'll probably love it even if you didn't.
  58. Aug 11, 2010
    Utterly fantastic movie. Better than any of Nolan's former movies, best movie of the year (bar Toy Story 3). The effects are amazing, the cast is perfect, it's one of the most original things I've ever seen and it's just a perfect package. I loved it because it's not the average summer action movie - it actually makes you think for a change, unlike, say, Transformers or Star Trek.

Go in

Go in expecting to think. If you go in expecting it to be another Dark Knight, you're not only stupid, you're expecting the wrong movie. Without trying to sound elitest, the only reason I can't see someone liking this movie is if they're either stupid, impatient or refuses to listen to something without explosions every five seconds. Those are good, but Inception isn't one of them. It's just clever action, and I can't think of anything else like it. 10/10, see it now.
  59. Aug 11, 2010
    Inception, is an amazingly smart flick, that could have only been given from an outstanding director, and superior actors. they all come together to bring you a film that grabs hold of you and shakes you dry, and even when the movie finishes. you're left with a sense of confusion, and wonder.
  60. Oct 31, 2010
    Although painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bondAlthough painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bond movie structure and the this-worldliness of the dreamscapes is familiar enough as not to drive away the non-SF and non-surrealist crowds... It would really not be fair to ask for much more in a movie. Expand
  61. Aug 12, 2010
    wow, this movie was really good, i am serriously thinking about going to see it again, it left me with so many doubt about what went on and what did´t happen, well thats how crasy the movie was. so go see it and be careful , u have to pay atention to all of the details.
  62. Aug 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a fantastic film with a fantastic actor how leonardo dicaprio and with a fantastic director how cristhoper nolan.
    very very very advisable.
    In fact, i'm sure that this film comes to make a revolution in the oscars.....
  63. Aug 24, 2010
    Overall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and someOverall this film has great emotional debt, a phenomenal cast, mind-bending action sequences, and one of the most original screenplays i have seen in recent years. However, it is not the greatest movie of our time, groundbreaking maybe, but not best. While Nolan's direction and screenplay are flawless, as are the effects and editing, it offers up too many similar characters and some implausible plot developments. The acting of some does redeem the characters being similar (those being Dicaprio, Cotillard, Page, and pleasant surprise Murphy) and the movie is saved with its head warping action sequences and the perfection of CHristopher Nolan. Expand
  64. Aug 12, 2010
    Great flick. Could be a perfect 10, but the story has a few holes that bothered me. Cast was great. Leo was Leo, always great, but sometimes i feel like I'm watching the same character in every movie he does.
  65. Aug 12, 2010
    Liked the concept and way the film developed. Although easy to work out in the end as to the overall finality of it all have to say I enjoyed it and will watch it again.
  66. Aug 12, 2010
    I had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causesI had high hopes for this movie, as I'm sure many others did. I loved Christopher Nolan's other work and was hoping this was as good as his other movies. I was very satisfied with the end result. This movie is very complex and hard to follow, so if you're looking for more of an action movie with a more simple plot, I wouldn't recommend this movie to you. But if you want a film that causes you to really think, than this movie is certainly for you. Nolan has really come up with an ingenious film concept and has thought through this plot. By the end of the movie, I was blown away. It was quite amazing. Expand
  67. Aug 13, 2010
    Not as good as Matrix but very well done and well worth the time and money. You definitely had to pay attention but that is part of its appeal--you had to think.
  68. Aug 13, 2010
    This is the kind of movie Iâ
  69. Aug 13, 2010
    Inception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginosoInception é um pequeno passo à frente para Nolan, um diretor frio e ambicioso, tendente a priorizar o andamento mecânico das histórias com as quais lida, volta e meia desenoveladas através de uma seriedade agudíssima de mãos dadas com narrativas estrutural e temporalmente quebradas. Este vertiginoso combo de ficção high concept e heist thriller mantém os pesados traços que definem seu criador, vitalizados, contudo, por um elemento essencial desabrochado desde o díptico Batman: coração, empatia para com o fator humano, uma representação mais direta de sentimentos dos personagens (construídos com zelo, defendidos com garra por cada membro do elenco), o que não só facilita mas também torna merecido o investimento emocional da plateia. Ninguém traduz o mundo dos sonhos para o cinema com a mesma habilidade de David Lynch, embora Nolan se mantenha na dianteira quando o assunto é, de alguma forma, a obsessão. Expand
  70. Aug 13, 2010
    Excellent Experience almost perfect, one of the best movies I've seen in years. I can´t wait for the Blu Ray. The Dream is Real
  71. Aug 13, 2010
    Wow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has everyWow um, ok. One, or THE best movie i have ever seen. Love the music, never truly slow, had deep meaning, awesome acting, and plot that makes you feel proud to understand (which a majority do after a while) . Seeing it twice was also awesome because now you know what you are looking for and you also see more. I took my friend the second time and it was the 2nd best movie he has every seen..he watches a lot of movies. But ya, just open your mind and see it. Just dont get incepted. Expand
  72. Aug 17, 2010
    I would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you couldI would like to hint that this is an intellectual film, therefore it's going to lessen the 'popcorn experience'. Again, throughout the entire film you'll be working your mind to connect everything, and this might not be something you find entertaining. If you're still not sure whether or not to see it, I'll recommend you see it with a friend, or wait till it's on DVD, therefore you could watch it at your own pace. Expand
  73. BKL
    Aug 13, 2010
    Best Leonardo DiCaprio Movie EVER! This is way better than Titanic, and The Aviator. The Plot makes sense, and Little CGI was used to make this movie.
  74. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A must see, Inception is confusing at the beginning but it really captures you. I must say this is my favorite movie of all times. A marvelous film with good performances and a great director. Expand
  75. Aug 13, 2010
    Liked the progression of the story as well as the "stacking" of plot lies to create a long segment of action. Very matrix-like but more clear and easier to understand.
  76. Aug 13, 2010
    A mind-expanding film that will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the all-time greats. Incredible special effects, an ideal score from Hans Zimmer and, most pleasingly; outstanding performances from some of the finest actors of today.
  77. Aug 14, 2010
    Very great movie!! I like especially the time pressure and the open end.
    The first half hour you don't get anything but then the story gets clearer and clearer but in the end you don't know what happened...again...
  78. Aug 14, 2010
    Christopher Nolan is well known for his recent revamp of the popular Batman film series. The Dark Night was one his most critically acclaimed pieces, resulting in a huge boost to the saga but also raising the expectations of his future films. He now steps back into the limelight after two years to deliver his mind twisting thriller; Inception. Costing over $150 million to make, itâ
  79. Aug 14, 2010
    This is the best movie I have ever seen. But not even loving it, not even seeing it twice in theaters, can I know who that man is near the end. I'll need to watch it a third time to find out, which will not be a chore, but a treat.
  80. Aug 18, 2010
    A perfect film. Filled with nolan's original concepts and filmmaking mastery. I find the most amazing part of this film is his ability to convey thoroughly his dreamscape storyline. My only complaint was the excessive gunfighting, which spoiled the overall feel of the movie somewhat.
  81. Aug 14, 2010
    THe hype was huge, the idea behind the movie was incredible, and it mostly lived up to both of those things. The movie is not perfect, and there will be detractors, but it is a unique movie that will make you think.
  82. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is a rare blend of of both the visceral and the intellectual elements of film -a true cinema experience- My best since Fight Club. I was really surprised I loved this movie as much as I did-since usually a highly hyped movie usually leaves disappointed - I'm looking at you Avatar.
  83. Aug 14, 2010
    I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, and Inception ranks as one of his best, if not the best. Highly original, a rarity these days, the story is dense but richly rewarding.
  84. Aug 15, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has a catalogue of previous works that is undoubtedly envied by professional and amateur directors and writers alike, featuring the blistering talent of The Dark Knightand Memento amongst others. Does the hugely anticipated Inception live up to the standard set by Nolanâ
  85. Aug 15, 2010
    With an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentratedWith an original, mind-blowing and philosophical movie, Inception brings me the masterpiece I wish I had seen when I was born. It's the kind of movie most people needs to see at least twice to fully understand how the dreams really works. But already after the first time most people notice how deep the story really is. But of course, to fully understand the movie you must be concentrated for 150 minutes. En if you drop your concentration for a single minute, you won't understand a thing.

If I could, I would've given it more than score 10.
  86. Aug 17, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Period. Those who gave it negative reviews didn't understand it. I guess they should waste their time reviewing other movies which they might try to comprehend with their pitiful, secluded minds while the rest of us enjoy one of the best movies on the planet.
  87. Aug 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love it! Is a movie that makes you think about a lot of things. Visually stunning, Superb soundtrack and exciting plot. After seeing the movie you get the feeling that you see everything in a different and exciting way. Expand
  88. Aug 15, 2010
    What "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well inWhat "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well in the first act that we almost always know what's going on later in the film, though it is rarely explained distinctly. The visuals are dazzling and the action can be intense, but ultimately this is a film of philosophy and theologies, rather than the usual summer blockbuster. One of 2010's best films. Expand
  89. Sep 13, 2010
    Anyone who didn't enjoy this movie should stick with Twilight, Clash of the Titans, Sex & The City 2 and other such Hollywood drivel. What or who were you expecting to see? I suspect if Cobb's character was called Jack, the dreams sequences were filmed on a sinking boat and the deceased heroine were Kate Winslet you'd all be wetting your pants with excitement.
  90. Aug 16, 2010
    If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together,If Freud had written Bond this would have been the movie he made. Clearly a Nolan film because of the sheer balls this film has. Inception entertains and boggles all at once, not only because Nolan credits the audience with intelligence in presenting a complex narrative and concepts, but also because Nolan knows how to direct action bloody well. The ensemble cast work very well together, and a noteable performance from Tom Hardy was a delight to watch. A highly recommended film to see right now before you run the risk of any spoilers, and once youâ Expand
  91. Aug 16, 2010
    There is no arguing the grandiose nature of Inception, in its presentation, its ambition and its cinematic soul. The latest product of master craftsman Christopher Nolan, this Leo DiCaprio-starring heist thriller looks to go further down the rabbit hole than any film that's come before it... and then to press on even further. A kaleidoscopic tale of dreamscapes and nightmares, InceptionThere is no arguing the grandiose nature of Inception, in its presentation, its ambition and its cinematic soul. The latest product of master craftsman Christopher Nolan, this Leo DiCaprio-starring heist thriller looks to go further down the rabbit hole than any film that's come before it... and then to press on even further. A kaleidoscopic tale of dreamscapes and nightmares, Inception sucks you in with its familiarity - luring you into the umpteenth film about dreams and mind exploration - then carries you away into uncharted realms of fantasy and science, smacking you in the face with rules and understandings with a casual banality, only in the very next moment to smack you again and tell you all that was only half true. Indeed, watching Inception is very much akin to dreaming itself, with all the wonders of introspection, complication and sloppiness with which dreams may come. More: http://cinewise.blogspot.com/2010/07/inception-2010.html Expand
  92. Aug 16, 2010
    I must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularlyI must say I really didn't have a clue what to expect with this. I certainly like Nolan, but I feel I didn't get quite as caught up in the hype over some of his films as a lot of people did. However, I was blown away by this. I've seen it twice in the cinema and I'll most likely buy the DVD as well. Really exceptional performances across the board from a terrific cast, particularly Cotillard (who knew she could be so scary?) and the ever-excellent DiCaprio. I did feel that Ariadne was maybe slightly miscast, and as good as I think Ellen Page is, I felt her role could have been played by pretty much anyone. That's a minor niggle though, and probably a result of my not being able to find much else to constructively criticise. A marvellous thriller in every sense of the word - in scope, imagination and execution. Expand
  93. Aug 16, 2010
    A totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level areA totally new, totally involving film, radical in its concept, perfect in its combination of live action and computer generation, and acted with authenticity and intensity. Do not go to it tired, or expecting to sit back and relax as if it were some light musical -- or even an easily followed blockbuster such as Avatar. Pay attention, get involved, the nuances from level to level are exquisite -- and take a few minutes after leaving the theater to re-enter reality. I drove very carefully for the first five minutes going home from this. Expand
  94. Oct 6, 2010
    This is a Amazing movie with so many good actors. I really liked this movie. It's seriously mind blowing. Christopher Nolan is really a true genius. I really hope that this movie will get nominated for best picture(which it probably will).
  95. Jan 8, 2011
    Firstly, The MetaScore SHOULD be 78 after I have Calculated the average 5 times and getting the same results.

Another phenomenal film by the great Christopher Nolan! It is VERY original for the film industry and it is just thrilling and unpredictable all the way This film deserves SEVERAL Academy Award nominations and Nolan deserves to FINALLY winning one after not winning on for Memento

This film deserves SEVERAL Academy Award nominations and Nolan deserves to FINALLY winning one after not winning on for Memento and not even being nominated for The Dark Knight (this had really disappointed me that year). This is probably one of the best films of the decade!
  96. Aug 17, 2010
    Inception. One of the best films you will ever see. (probably the best). From writer/director Chris Nolan (who made the terrific Dark Knight) throws audiences into this world of awesome fight scenes, genuine emotion and white knuckle excitement. From Hans Zimmers beautiful score to the excellent performances by the cast (particularly Joseph Gordon-Levitt) quality shines out fromInception. One of the best films you will ever see. (probably the best). From writer/director Chris Nolan (who made the terrific Dark Knight) throws audiences into this world of awesome fight scenes, genuine emotion and white knuckle excitement. From Hans Zimmers beautiful score to the excellent performances by the cast (particularly Joseph Gordon-Levitt) quality shines out from everywhere. Its a film that does not degrade its audience. Its a film that assumes it's audiences intelligence; it has an amazing story, unlike most other blockbusters which just rely on visuals whilst disregarding the story (Avatar).
    In short; it's an action packed, tear jerking, exciting, funny, smart, adrenaline ride of a film, one that will forever be remembered as a modern classic. A masterclass in film making.You simply MUST see this film.
  97. Aug 17, 2010
    This movie was THE BEST I've seen in the past few years. I liked it way more than Avatar, better everything in my opinion. The story was completely original, I've heard nothing of it before. I will totally buy this movie once it releases on DVD and Blu-Ray. You must go watch it, don't miss it in theaters.
  98. Aug 17, 2010
    The most entertaining movie I have seen in a long time.
  99. Aug 18, 2010
    GREAT GREAT SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.Although iam a big fan of Nolan movies i watched dark night some 30 times . But talking about this flick i think it was OUT OF THE BOX a great relief from those nonsense summer flick i think the problem came for the most of the people that watched this flick is that it took time to click or understand the overall concept but i understood it very well it wasGREAT GREAT SIMPLY OUTSTANDING.Although iam a big fan of Nolan movies i watched dark night some 30 times . But talking about this flick i think it was OUT OF THE BOX a great relief from those nonsense summer flick i think the problem came for the most of the people that watched this flick is that it took time to click or understand the overall concept but i understood it very well it was a masterpiece. by the i should confess that the movie was very fast paced .Next time Nolan should take effort in explaining and making the plot simple. Doing this will go very well with casual moviegoers his movies will earn well. Expand
  100. Jan 11, 2011
    Since, The Dark Knight I was amazed by Christopher Nolan's work. Then some of the films of 2010 were either stupid or a waste. Then Inception came, and blew our minds with mindbending strategies that were absolutly amazing. THE PERFECT AND BEST FILM OF 2010! I say that is better than The Dark Knight. The story was great, the director did very well, the effects were amazing, and the filmSince, The Dark Knight I was amazed by Christopher Nolan's work. Then some of the films of 2010 were either stupid or a waste. Then Inception came, and blew our minds with mindbending strategies that were absolutly amazing. THE PERFECT AND BEST FILM OF 2010! I say that is better than The Dark Knight. The story was great, the director did very well, the effects were amazing, and the film was just--Really, really amazing! 10/10! Expand

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.