Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 16, 2010
Universal acclaim based on 3792 Ratings
3,395
WATCH NOW
EpsilonSigmaMuMay 9, 2017
A script that keeps on giving with its layered and intriguing concept and plot is just one of the numerous elements that make this one of, if not THE best Nolan film. Special effects to make you twist your neck in directions you didn't thinkA script that keeps on giving with its layered and intriguing concept and plot is just one of the numerous elements that make this one of, if not THE best Nolan film. Special effects to make you twist your neck in directions you didn't think possible, a score that'll massage your internal organs, cinematography so razor sharp you should probably wear eye protection, and all this supported by an outstanding ensemble cast make Inception one of the best and most memorable films of the 2000's. Expand
jHanMay 3, 2017
Inception deserves a lot better score than this. I wonder why some people who are even not able to understand the story give such negative reviews. Even though Inception is not that kind or straightforward movie, but being complex is not aInception deserves a lot better score than this. I wonder why some people who are even not able to understand the story give such negative reviews. Even though Inception is not that kind or straightforward movie, but being complex is not a fair reason to get 1 or 2. Expand
BitashApr 6, 2017
Well directed and acted, I think Leo just does an incredible job and a very believable acting. It's entertaining and brilliant writing. Doesn't disappoint
SquaredRenApr 3, 2017
One of my top films, just reviewing it for the sake of doing it because I love how this movie was capable of playing with my mind. I recommend anyone to watch this film multiple times.
MetaRob2209Mar 24, 2017
Incredible movie, a combo between the matrix and strange days and other movies that deal with alternate realities. Replay value is off the charts! Leo and co do a fine job acting and really hit the nail on the head here.
Ali_MarashianMar 13, 2017
This one is actually entertaining. Again so "Nolanish", who Im not a fan of, but the imagination is impressive.The film is again, about a story that, well no surprise, I feel is just for the hours you sit to watch the movie, I dont thinkThis one is actually entertaining. Again so "Nolanish", who Im not a fan of, but the imagination is impressive.The film is again, about a story that, well no surprise, I feel is just for the hours you sit to watch the movie, I dont think about the plot after the movie, it doesnt matter really. But look at Inside Out, which is also very original but the story, coming of age, resonates with all of us. Expand
RhodawgsJan 23, 2017
Incredible thief movie with an unusual story that really sets the mindframe on what an idea really us. Great acting to complement the story and twists and turns to keep the watcher ebguaged throughout. One of the most well done movies everIncredible thief movie with an unusual story that really sets the mindframe on what an idea really us. Great acting to complement the story and twists and turns to keep the watcher ebguaged throughout. One of the most well done movies ever and is a must watch. Expand
HazzaGallaDec 26, 2016
A true game changer in the history of cinema, 'Inception' is absolutely brilliant. The combination of the amazing originality of the story and screenplay, characters, soundtrack, special effects and camerawork blend into an extraordinaryA true game changer in the history of cinema, 'Inception' is absolutely brilliant. The combination of the amazing originality of the story and screenplay, characters, soundtrack, special effects and camerawork blend into an extraordinary film. A rare film that gets better and better upon more viewings, one discovering more and more. It's films like 'Inception' that need to be worshipped and help encourage more originality in the movie industry. Expand
FreedomFightersNov 26, 2016
I don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking aI don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking a nonlinear approach to storytelling. It's certainly not for everybody, and there are bound to be a number of people that completely hate it, but all in all, "Inception" is a fantastic film that you should definitely see at least once. Expand
gOct 22, 2016
Groundbreaking practical FX and set buildings. Inception is a well-done American remake from Satoshi Kon's Paprika. Both Paprika and Inception do work well from original to remake.
JaredPalmgrenSep 7, 2016
This is simply one of the best movies ever made. It's rare when I can come back to a movie as many times as I have with this one and still be blown away by the sheer amount of thought and beauty that goes into it! Nolan absolutely hit it outThis is simply one of the best movies ever made. It's rare when I can come back to a movie as many times as I have with this one and still be blown away by the sheer amount of thought and beauty that goes into it! Nolan absolutely hit it out of the park with this one! Expand
MasterRileyJul 22, 2016
Inception is inception, in other words its damn confusing. While with most movies a confusing plot would piss me off, surprisingly with this one it doesn't. Maybe its because Inception is just so damn awesome. From the writing, to directingInception is inception, in other words its damn confusing. While with most movies a confusing plot would piss me off, surprisingly with this one it doesn't. Maybe its because Inception is just so damn awesome. From the writing, to directing (Nolan), to casting, to performances, to action, to pacing, to music the film succeeds time and time again. Definitely watch it if you haven't already. Expand
UNARMED_JORDJul 19, 2016
this film is a unique one to say the least,which is what contributes to the fact its such a good film very few flaws to be found in this movie so overall inception is almost destined to go down as one of the best summer blockbusters ever
haasoniwalaJul 11, 2016
Inception is a mind-bending sci-fi thriller that exceeded beyond my expectations, the screenplay to Mr. Nolan 10 years to write! The score is beautiful and has marvelous acting. I give it a 10 out of 10
ATsushiMay 30, 2016
With a complex script, agreed design decisions and strong soundtrack, Inception is one of the best action movies of the decade and brings a lot of fun on many displays.
choomtabi31May 24, 2016
Perhaps my favorite movie of all time. Maybe tied with a few others, but I love this film.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-351296-Inception
Jack97May 5, 2016
Inception is complex and requires a lot of brain power and attention to keep up with, and I love it. Just listening to the characters talk about how dreams work had me interested. Then you get to see the dream sequences and they'reInception is complex and requires a lot of brain power and attention to keep up with, and I love it. Just listening to the characters talk about how dreams work had me interested. Then you get to see the dream sequences and they're incredible. The premise of this film is just genius and it's really well plotted and structured, as well as being thrilling and occasionally exciting. It's definitely one of the smartest blockbusters of the decade so far. Expand
WhatdoyouthinkApr 20, 2016
Inception is a science fiction puzzle that is enjoyable to solve but hurts your head in the
process.
It is tense and thrilling, and intriguing to take a ride into people's dreams. The goal of the story is sometimes lost inside all the
process.
goal of the story is sometimes lost inside all the action scenes and simultaneous events and for
a time felt like watching a video game where bad guys and traps continuously spawn. I stopped
worrying for the characters for about a half hour, because all the jumping around of scenes
melted my brain. The good part of the movie is that it recovered from the craziness and did a
good job of bringing the story home. There were some flaws in how Leonardo's character treated
others, which made his character a little unbelievable. But I really enjoyed Ellen Page's
character as the observant newbie who asked all the great questions about the dream world, and
Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon Leveitt were cool soldiers who have your back. I may enjoy this
more with a second watching since I think this is the type of movie that has enough depth and rewatchability even if you know what is happening from the beginning.
aadityamudharApr 6, 2016
Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.

Judging by the ridiculous success of Transformers 1 and 2, that notion has evidently taken hold, even as it sets its rock 'em-sock 'em robots to maul accepted standards of good storytelling.

But here in 2010, a Transformers off-year, writer-director Christopher Nolan's big-budget summer movie Inception is a cogent renunciation of big stupid cinema.

Utilizing a plot device that simultaneously invokes Wes (Nightmare on Elm Street) Craven and Andrei (Solaris) Tarkovsky, Nolan says we can have our grand spectacle and chew it over, too.

Inception posits a few interesting ideas along the way. Indeed, ideas are the stock in trade for the film's haunted hero Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio). Having learned how to install himself and his cohorts into the dreams of others, Cobb sells his services as a thief of ideas, able to access the most valuable information via the unconscious slumber of his targets.

The gig can make Dom money, but it can't reunite him with his children in the U.S. (He lives in exile due to legal troubles that are, sorry, not revealed until the third act.) So Dom is susceptible when the powerful Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) offers him a payoff that will allow him to return to his kids.

But the assignment is a radical one, even for a man of Dom's talents. Instead of stealing an idea from his mark, Dom must implant an idea that it would be a smart move for the scion (Cillian Murphy) of a recently deceased industrialist to break up and sell off components of the family-owned corporation.

Dom takes the job at a considerable risk. He must hire on a new unproven "architect" (Ellen Page) to design the necessary dreamscapes, alongside his regulars: Point man Arthur (a cool, understated Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is the can-do agent and Eames (Tom Hardy) is a "forger" capable of disguising himself as friends and /or loved ones of the designated victim.

Compounding the challenge is Mal (Marion Cotillard), a femme fatale "dream girl" who shows up uninvited in the dream scenarios via Dom's own subconscious to throw a wrench into his elaborate plans.

Nolan's film delivers massive visual effects, including one amazing sequence set in dream-reality where the world is turned on its side and Arthur is obliged to stay on task, even if that means running on walls and ceilings or grappling with bad guys in virtual freefall.

But that sequence is hardly gratuitous. Nolan stages action on four separate levels of consciousness where each deeper level is more unstable than the last. Let's just say that's a little more challenging than trying to pick out which Transformer is good and which is bad.

But it's not all fun and surreal spectacle. DiCaprio and Cotillard provide a layer of emotional gravity at the film's core as Dom must contend with Mal, the demoness within.

In short, Nolan does here for the heist film what he did for the comic book movie in his 2008 hit The Dark Knight. He layers a fantasy premise with provocative ideas and serious intent.

Enjoy the ride. But keep the brain turned on.
AaronWasserman1Mar 27, 2016
Christopher Nolan is easily one of hollywood's most skilled directors. The plot of this movie is very interesting as is its cast. Nolan lays the story through each parts of the film that gradually connect to a whole.
MovieMasterEdMar 22, 2016
There are only a handful of filmmakers capable of infusing spectacle with ideas, and among those, director Christopher Nolan feels uniquely tapped into the anxieties of the day. Two separate but related millennial fears drive Nolan’sThere are only a handful of filmmakers capable of infusing spectacle with ideas, and among those, director Christopher Nolan feels uniquely tapped into the anxieties of the day. Two separate but related millennial fears drive Nolan’s ambitious, mostly dazzling new opus Inception: We have no control over our lives, and reality as we used to understand it no longer exists—or at least has been fundamentally destabilized. Squaring the beautifully engineered puzzles of Memento and The Prestige with the chaos and anarchy brought by the Joker in The Dark Knight, Inception takes place largely in a dreamscape where thieves of the mind fend off attacks from rebellious agents that clutter the subconscious. It’s a metaphysical heist picture, staged in worlds on top of worlds like nothing since Synecdoche, New York, and executed with a minimum of hand-holding.

Without so much as a title to orient the audience, Nolan dives into the multiple realities of Leonardo DiCaprio, a master thief who’s made a business out of extracting secrets from people’s minds while they’re in a vulnerable dream state. His latest assignment offers a much greater challenge than usual: Instead of retrieving information, DiCaprio and his team are asked to plant an idea in someone’s head, which involves fooling the brain into believing it generated and nurtured the idea itself. (Hence the title.) In order to pull it off, DiCaprio recruits Ellen Page, an architect of sorts who can build dreamscapes densely layered enough for DiCaprio, his partner (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), a forger (Tom Hardy), and other co-conspirators to commit the ultimate in corporate sabotage. However, the ghosts in DiCaprio’s own subconscious wreak havoc on the operation.

Nolan sets up a uniquely difficult challenge for himself: In order for Inception to work, it has to reconcile the rational and predictable (represented by Page and her maze-like constructs) with dangerously fluid, irrational impulses (represented by DiCaprio and his fevered psyche). The Nolan of The Prestige and Memento is more naturally suited to the former than the latter; the vast cryptogram of Inception has a core of real emotion, but it isn’t always matched by an abundance of visual imagination. Nonetheless, the film is an imposing, prismatic achievement, and strongly resistant to an insta-reaction; when it’s over, Nolan still seems a few steps ahead of us.
CashburnerMar 15, 2016
Perfect movie. Full of action and agony. Unique story and perfect cast! For action, adventure and fantasy lovers.
Probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is very well directed, played and recorded and it is one of the (less than 10) movies I have watched that keeps you all the time excited and awake. Its main story surprised me because it was really clever and unique (not like other movies who always use the same main idea).

The cast played their roles as they were in real life. The scenes were fantastic, which means that you will remember them for a long long time, cause they will surprise you! Costumes, makeup, effects etc. were perfect.

Personally, I will suggest this movie as a "MUST WATCH" movie to anyone who likes action, adventure and fantasy movies and has not watched it yet.

Unfortunately, there will be guys who won't like the movie, because it contains somehow metaphysics. My personal opinion is that this makes the whole movie unique and one of my favorite movies...

Have fun watching this movie. Cause it deserves it!

Cashburner - 9.3/10
CinemassacreMar 13, 2016
If movies are shared dreams, then Christopher Nolan is surely one of Hollywood’s most inventive dreamers, given the evidence of his commandingly clever “Inception.” Applying a vivid sense of procedural detail to a fiendishly intricate yarnIf movies are shared dreams, then Christopher Nolan is surely one of Hollywood’s most inventive dreamers, given the evidence of his commandingly clever “Inception.” Applying a vivid sense of procedural detail to a fiendishly intricate yarn set in the labyrinth of the subconscious, the writer-director has devised a heist thriller for surrealists, a Jungian’s “Rififi,” that challenges viewers to sift through multiple layers of (un)reality. As such, it’s a conceptual tour de force unlikely to rank with Batman at the B.O., though post-“Dark Knight” anticipation and Leonardo DiCaprio should still position it as one of the summer’s hottest, classiest tickets.

As a non-franchise follow-up to the enormous success of “The Dark Knight,” this long-gestating project reps something of a gamble for Warner Bros. at a time when sophisticated original entertainments are neither as common nor as bankable as they once were. Availing himself of the resources that come with a studio’s confidence, Nolan places mind-bending visual effects and a top-flight cast in service of a boldly cerebral vision that demands, and rewards, the utmost attention. Even when its ambition occasionally outstrips its execution, “Inception” tosses off more ideas and fires on more cylinders than most blockbusters would have the nerve to attempt.

Our guide to this world of high-stakes corporate espionage is Dom Cobb (DiCaprio), an “extractor” paid to invade the dreams of various titans of industry and steal their top-secret ideas. Cobb plunders the psyche with practiced skill, though he’s increasingly haunted by the memory of his late wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), who has a nasty habit of showing up in his subconscious and wreaking havoc on his missions.

That’s what happens during a dream-raid on wealthy businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe), who is in fact merely auditioning Cobb for a far riskier job. The target is Saito’s future rival, billionaire heir Robert Fischer Jr. (Cillian Murphy), and the goal is not to steal an idea but to plant one — the “inception” of the title — that will lead to the dissolution of Fischer’s empire.

In Nolan’s hands, this ingenious conceit becomes no more implausible than that of a caped crimefighter, as the writer-director grounds his flight of fancy with precise methodology and an architect’s attention to detail. Indeed, Cobb retains an actual architect, Ariadne (Ellen Page), and teaches her how to mentally construct every street, building and room in the artificial world (essential if the dreamer is to be deceived) in a series of visually playful scenes whose trompe l’oeil quality brings Magritte and M.C. Escher to mind.

n classic heist-movie tradition, various brainiac specialists round out Cobb’s dream team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his longtime organizer; Eames (“Bronson’s” Tom Hardy), a “forger” who can shapeshift at will; and Yusuf (Dileep Rao), who supplies the powerful sedative that pulls Fischer and Cobb’s gang into a collective stupor.

As the motley crew comes together, so does our understanding of this strange, mercurial world (which owes something to the virtual-reality dystopia of “The Matrix”) and the rules by which it operates: the consequences of dying in a dream; the nature of dream time vs. real time; and the perils of layering ever more elaborate dreams within dreams. Numerous laws and paradoxes come into play once Cobb and Co. plunge down the rabbit-hole, at which point “Inception” takes on dizzying levels of complexity as the characters navigate the chambers and antechambers of Fischer’s mind.

It’s heady, brain-tickling stuff, and like the spinning top that serves as a key plot device, it seems forever on the brink of toppling over, especially toward the end of the nearly 2 1/2-hour running time (editor Lee Smith has his hands full, at one point cutting feverishly among four parallel lines of action). The sheer outlandishness of the premise may open it up to some narrative nitpicking why do these dreams, for instance, so closely resemble action movies? and attentive viewers will have a grand time “aha! ing at certain points and poking holes in others.

Hans Zimmer’s surging score trumpets danger and excitement with near-operatic fervor, at times suggesting the world’s most portentous foghorn, while Edith Piaf’s recording of “Non, je ne regrette rien” serves as an ironic motif (and sets up a nice inside joke with “La Vie en rose” star Cotillard).

If “Inception” is a metaphysical puzzle, it’s also a metaphorical one: It’s hard not to draw connections between Cobb’s dream-weaving and Nolan’s filmmaking — an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.
Termin8terMar 4, 2016
Inception is one of the best movies I have seen in years. The story revolves around Dom Cobb, an expert in dream espionage. He must do one last job in order to see his family again. As the story progresses, you see how Cobb evolves as aInception is one of the best movies I have seen in years. The story revolves around Dom Cobb, an expert in dream espionage. He must do one last job in order to see his family again. As the story progresses, you see how Cobb evolves as a character. The story is excellent, the acting is spot on, and the soundtrack is damn amazing. My only problem is the infuriating cliffhanger at the end of the movie. Otherwise, you should see Inception ASAP Expand
sashaCZ1Feb 18, 2016
This is the true masterpiece. The movie describes dreams and it hell does great. Such awesome and complicated story, well-known actors as DiCaprio, Page and more, the soundtrack is on the highest quality. I was shocked and both sad afterThis is the true masterpiece. The movie describes dreams and it hell does great. Such awesome and complicated story, well-known actors as DiCaprio, Page and more, the soundtrack is on the highest quality. I was shocked and both sad after exiting the cinema. It was such a good experience. I can't believe this movie doesn't have at least a 9.5 from users. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. 10/10. Expand
gloriouspotatoFeb 7, 2016
Inception is a well crafted movie that has a very interesting premise behind it. Not only that, but Zimmer's score really accentuates the grandiose nature of the subject material, and tugs the emotional strings when needed. The characters ofInception is a well crafted movie that has a very interesting premise behind it. Not only that, but Zimmer's score really accentuates the grandiose nature of the subject material, and tugs the emotional strings when needed. The characters of Dom and Mal are developed well and the overall narrative comes to a satisfying conclusion, however Dom's companions are given little background and their motivations seem questionable. There are also a few glaring plot holes within the film that seem to contradict the 'rules' of the Dreamworld. Expand
EpicLadySpongeFeb 2, 2016
Inception is no other than a runner-up for best movie of 2010. Inception did what it took to become the most popular movie of 2010 and it's a good one alright.
TheMovieDoctorJan 7, 2016
Undoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines byUndoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not reward indolence. If you zone out or make a trip to the snack bar, it will lose you. All it asks of viewers is that they do something rare: engage the intellect. Details may elude even the most attentive viewer, but the big picture will remain in focus. Despite layering dream upon dream and blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, writer/director Christopher Nolan has meticulously established Inception in such a way that getting lost is not an option. Is it a mind **** Maybe, but not one that leads to endless frustration. Nolan has a story to tell and he tells it. His main goal - at least until the end - is not screwing with the viewer's perception. He provides enough clarity that we know where we are and what we're watching and that we don't founder.

In fact, one could make an argument that the straightforward nature of Nolan's approach to such potentially mind-bending material is one of Inception's weaknesses. By pulling his punches, so to speak, and keeping things mostly linear, Nolan disallows the possibility of the screenplay turning into a Mobius Strip. Influences include, most obviously, Dark City and The Matrix. There's also a sense of kinship with Martin Scorsese's recent Shutter Island, not only because that film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, but because both productions toy with narrator perspective and the intersection of illusion with reality. However, the strongest synergy I can think of is with the TV series Caprica (the prequel to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica remake), which uses a similar approach to the one employed in Inception to explore virtual realities.

Inception is a less challenging project than Memento, which brought Nolan to the world's attention. It isn't as convoluted and the payoff, despite toying with our expectations, lacks the boldness of the earlier production. Still, this is a very good film that involves the intellect while at the same time not ignoring the visceral. There are numerous straightforward action scenes, including Matrix-like gravity-free hand-to-hand combat and a car chase, that inject some adrenaline into the proceedings. In fact, the entire second half of the film amounts to one massive, carefully choreographed sequence of escalating suspense as dangerous circumstances unfold across three levels of dreamscapes. Hans Zimmer's pounding score and Nolan's careful cross-cutting tie everything together perfectly.

As intellectually involving as this material is, Nolan wisely does not ignore the need for the viewer to have a strong emotional attachment to the main character. Cobb's backstory unfolds gradually, with the screenplay dropping pieces, like crumbs, in front of the viewer at regular intervals. We learn the truth about his relationship with his wife and children during the course of the narrative and, as one might suspect given Nolan's apparent anti-happiness bias (his movies aren't exactly carefree and joyous), there are tragic elements. Cobb is the only character who experiences significant development - the other members of his team are secondary. They get plenty of screen time but we know little about them beyond their functions within the scheme.

The special effects in Inception serve the story, rather than the other way around - which is a rare occurrence these days, when the emphasis seems to be on providing viewers with visual amusement park rides. In this case, we are presented with cities where streets defy gravity by arching overhead and massive cliffs that collapse into the sea. There is a point to everything, most often to illustrate how dreams distort the commonplace into something that defies the natural laws.

Is Inception cerebral? Yes. Is it too cerebral for mass audiences? I would argue that's not the case. In a sense, one gets out of Inception what one is willing to put in. Those looking for an action/adventure film can identify that, although 148 minutes is a little long for something so simplistic. Those willing to think and puzzle a little more will find that the twists and turns of the narrative aren't as labyrinthine as they initially appear. Inception is more accessible than obtuse. It proves, among other things, that Nolan has been unwilling to bask in the success of The Dark Knight. Looking for new and exciting challenges, he has found one here.
ThenewoneJan 6, 2016
196 Rex Reed (The Negative Reviews) in other words allergic to complexity and intelligence,Christopher Nolan is a genius, INCEPTION is one of best sci-fi since The Matrix 1999
JumpmanJan 4, 2016
An interesting movie which could be a lot better without the disappointing acting and the weak action. The partial complexity did confuse at some points but overall the plot was ok.
stnovkovJan 1, 2016
In love with this movie. In love with the characters, in love with the music score, in love with the plot. Highly recommended. Christopher Nolan just proved that makes deep movies, not a bullcrap.
TrackerDeviceNov 2, 2015
In my opinion, this is most definitely Christopher Nolan's best movie and personally my favorite movie of all time. This movie had a great theme, great plot, uses realism effectively, and it is exciting movie to watch.
TheApplegnomeOct 6, 2015
Another masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never failsAnother masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never fails to deliver excitement from both from the tempo and the flawless characters. A stunning, ambitious mind-bending movie of art, that might not work all the way due to its over-complexity and a perhaps too ambitious plot, so the dialogs can be a bit too informational. But that's not something everyone will notice, and not something you should harken too. Because it's a classic sequel of the Nolan-franchise.

Personal rating: 88/100
Critical rating: 93/100
Th3GreenHorne7Aug 1, 2015
All I can say is wow, Inception was incredible. The entire time I couldn't believe what I was watching. Inception is one of those movies you just can't keep your eyes off of. What kept me watching was the very interesting plot of people usingAll I can say is wow, Inception was incredible. The entire time I couldn't believe what I was watching. Inception is one of those movies you just can't keep your eyes off of. What kept me watching was the very interesting plot of people using machines that can put you in the mind of another person to retrieve information that is very important to them, and it is done so by trained specialists called "Extractors" who go into the subject's mind and retrieve the information that they want. For me, the whole dream within a dream idea confuses the living **** out of me, besides, that was the only thing I didn't like this movie. One of the things I like about this film is the all-star cast, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, and Micheal Caine were unbelievably perfect at nailing their roles. The other thing I really like about this film is the choice of the director for the film, Christopher Nolan, the man who directed the entire Dark Knight Trilogy which was amazing which made me like the choice of director.
Inception is a amazing movie with a great cast and a great director, but it would be nice if they made the plot a little bit easier to understand, then I would know what is going on half the time.
hanneguacamoleJun 9, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whenever I think of Inception, I remember just random conversations and people saying this word. I, not having seen this movie, have no idea what they're talking about and continue on. How has someone not seen Inception? Good question to ask myself. I think this is easily a classic–perhaps not the best movie on the face of the earth, but certainly worth watching and a movie that can relate to many audiences.

The characters were all intriguing and their goals and ambitions throughout were fairly clear. Finding family, planting ideas and the like. I felt like Cobb's relationship with Mal was very ordinary, the way she was torn apart by his ideas and how he now has to be the responsible adult because she can't. Ariadne's role int he movie very much felt like an easy way out on how to explain first the way Inception works and second the struggles that Cobb goes through. Don't get me wrong, it's important to know what's going on, but she almost has no personality in the way of finding Mal in his mind. The only true character development we got was from Cobb and I really think that was a missed opportunity. Despite some of the lacking aspects of these characters, the story was deeply entertaining and went beyond just the first level of thinking. It had many layers and was quite impressive.

I think as a whole, the different pieces of the movie fit together very nicely with the levels of dreams and the time variations. I was able to get a real sense of anticipation during the kicks and always wanted their mission to turn out alright so they could truly plant this seed in Fischer's mind that he believes in himself. The only thing I didn't truly understand was how completing this mission would let him come back home. Was Saito the lawyer who had Mal's papers? Really that whole part was unclear to me but nonetheless we saw the desire for him to get back to his children.

I really think the most impressive part of this movie was the visual effects. With the gravity and the elaborate and abstract dream worlds, this must have been no easy task and they really pulled it off in a way that made it seem so real and so realistic, despite being in someone's mind. Totally breathtaking and absolutely understandable in its visual effects and cinematography Oscar wins.
CinemaBlendMay 6, 2015

MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015

EddyGregsApr 19, 2015
Corporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll beCorporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll be trapped forever.

Like The Matrix mated with Synecdoche, New York — or a Charlie Kaufman 007. To paraphrase Casino Royale’s Vesper Lynd, it’s a meaningful pursuit in a summer of disposable entertainments. With physics-defying, thunderous action, heart-wringing emotion and an astonishing performance from DiCaprio, Nolan delivers another true original: welcome to an undiscovered country.
EdwardGregoryApr 19, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Review
Inception
Browse more images »
If you know nothing else about Inception, at least know this: it is not a trick. It is ingenious but not crafty, knotty but not duplicitous. It has neither Memento’s method conceit nor the smoke and mirrors of The Prestige. To contrast it with the latter, in particular (fine film though that is), is to appreciate the difference between stage-magic and a real miracle.

The director-as-magician analogy feels least tired when applied to Christopher Nolan, given his body of work, its formal and mental layers and precisely engineered reveals. At best, this approach can be exhilarating. At worst — as with the narrative drip-feed of Insomnia, his weakest picture — it is obfuscation masquerading as artistry, aka not half as bloody clever as it thinks it is. Given its setting is largely the subconscious, though, Inception can’t work with a rug-pull denouement. Every scene — let alone the movie — could be punctured with that postscript beloved of primary school story scribblers: “And I woke up and it was only a dream...” So, don’t brace for a “ta-dah!” moment — it will impede your enjoyment and waste your time. Instead, marvel at the effrontery of a filmmaker who asks you to emotionally invest in avowed mental constructs — and succeeds. In one sense, admittedly, this is what every filmmaker asks us to do: engross ourselves in their imagination. The movie, then, could be interpreted as being about craft and inspiration — one character even says, of constructing the architecture of dreams, “It’s just... pure creation.” In terms of scale and style it is, as Nolan intended, comparable to Bond’s best excursions — yet filtered through a brain-frying, subconscious-spelunking, time-dilating structure that boldly frames action sequences around each other. So we get an explosive Arctic mountain vault-storming within a zero-gravity scramble within a vehicle-crunching chase. In effect, the set-pieces are simultaneous. Which is insane, but brilliant as, while he at times boggles through the necessarily complex editing, Nolan never corrupts his multiverse’s internal logic. When you’re not basking in the visuals, you can always lean into DiCaprio and appreciate the emotion. He anchors everything. An actor who has long borne the blessing and the burden of being hailed a genius before he was even a man, he has never been less than good, but can appear either callow or try-hard, like a child dressing in daddy’s suit. Not here. He shows a depth of feeling rivalled only by his work in Shutter Island. To deliver two such turns in a career would be impressive. In a year, it’s just showing off. What makes it work, really, though, is how unfussy he is, how unselfish — there’s no showboating. Good as he is in The Departed or Gangs Of New York, you could sometimes feel the Weight of his Acting. Here, paradoxically, he appears effortless, even though he’s the beam on which the whole mighty edifice rests. It’s because you believe his journey, his heart, that you buy into Inception. If he failed, so would the movie. This isn’t the sort of performance that usually wins Oscars — it’s not ostentatious or superficially transformative, but by God it is brilliant. The strength of it is that you remain emotionally engaged, even if you’re not entirely sure what’s going on. The third act makes Memento seem about as complex as Bear In The Big Blue House. And while there is remarkable clarity given the complexity, you are pummelled with information and have to keep up — pay attention, figure it out.

solomsApr 17, 2015
This is the only realy good movie from Christopher Nolan. Everybady look for CN like a god of cinema , and I think that his movies are boring . But not this one. It has an incredible conception and the visual effects are the mostThis is the only realy good movie from Christopher Nolan. Everybady look for CN like a god of cinema , and I think that his movies are boring . But not this one. It has an incredible conception and the visual effects are the most crazyiest thing in the world. Well done sir! Expand
MarickApr 9, 2015
Inception is a film very interesting and a Sci Fi as you do not see to many movies. Di Caprio plays his role very well, and manages to make a very good movie.
VinceRocks123Apr 6, 2015
Easily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like theEasily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like the Wizard of Oz meeting the Matrix and turn it into the number one fantasy heist film that was believed to be impossible to film.

Amazingly photographed, visually edited, and lots of shocking never before seen special effects and an all star cast executing great performances, as well as careful directing, its a mind-blowing science venture of epic proportions that makes it a phenomenon of the ages.

a new technological monument that gives us a trip from reality into the suspenses of our dream world where your mind is the weapon for the perfect crime. its an easy A+ epic not to be missed
Watty9923Apr 5, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favourite movie of all time. Great cinematography. Best sound I've ever heard in a movie. The bass really adds to the atmosphere. I loved how the ending is left open for discussion. This movie was awesome at the cinema and a must own on blu ray. Leonardo Di caprio was a great actor in this flick. Expand
PfenderStrat621Mar 27, 2015
Good movie with some interesting aspects that makes you think about them, but the movie is not as intelligent as everyone thinks it is. With some inconsistent elements that doesn't respect some of it's rules, the movie's world falls apartGood movie with some interesting aspects that makes you think about them, but the movie is not as intelligent as everyone thinks it is. With some inconsistent elements that doesn't respect some of it's rules, the movie's world falls apart sometimes. The script could have been better, there were parts of the film were some sub-plots didn't make sense (like the murderer of Cobb's wife), and at the time the characters were explaining the dream world, they sounded like they were speaking to the audience. But overall, great movie that could have been better If it wasn't a little pretentious. Even with some issues i had with the movie, i admire the effort that was put on it, Christopher Nolan is a talented director. I recommend this film. Expand
WheelzFourReelzMar 19, 2015
Inception is a fantastic combination of exciting action, great intrigue, fantastic suspense, a fascinating plot, and its magnificent premise about dreams. It's excellent from start to finish.
SEROJMar 15, 2015
Without using any spoilers... let me warn you. This movie WILL make you wanna watch it again! I can guarantee you that! I HIGHLY recommend this amazing masterpiece to anyone who loves solving mysteries and watch fantasies! Thank you Christopher Nolan
LoRevisorJan 29, 2015
Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. EChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
TokyochuchuDec 23, 2014
Inception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is topInception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is top entertainment and should not be missed. Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
kito1356Dec 16, 2014
it it amazing move i have't seen before and till.
after watching movie iknow that director is genius and expecially about O.S.T is very fantastic.
it it amazing move i have't seen before and till.
i love music director hans zimmer too. when i know based music of movie reflect flow of time.
i'm so scary and incredible. it is best movie in my life .
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
JacobOct 30, 2014
Often when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an originalOften when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’m not thinking to myself that’s Leonardo DiCapprio that’s the Inception character. The score and direction are great. Most of the characters don’t have much too them and the score is a little too much like Dark Knight and is overshadowed by the wakeup music but those are issues that I can easily overlook. It is rare that I can just sitback and enjoy a film without thinking of critiques, the score I’ll give it, etc because Inception has microscopic problems. This film is awesome it blew me away and truly ranks as not just a great film for Nolan to add to his resume but one of the greatest films out there. I loved watching this movie and I can’t wait to see it again. With more and more viewings this could become one of my favorite movies. With Nolan having a film this awesome under his belt I cannot wait for Interstellar because films like this prove how awesome of a filmmaker he is. Then again with Nolan setting the bar so why the question is raised how do you top that. Regardless Inception is amazing brilliant concept, brilliant direction, brilliant acting. See this film if you haven’t already. Expand
shivamt25Oct 14, 2014
This is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing theseThis is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing these kind of movies Chris...!! Expand
Another_NerdOct 6, 2014
That's it. Score says it all.
Acting. Concept, which is as it is with Nolan, always brilliant.
The best flick of 2010, or maybe whatever I've watched in the past few years. Period. Christopher Nolan is a magician.
MemburgSep 23, 2014
I neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready toI neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready to confront my worst nightmare, or dream.

Inception gives us a very unique plot that does, granted, have elements of other blockbusters, however it's framework is still utterly unique. In a nutshell, Dom Cobb is the most skilled extractor in the world. This means that he is the best as going into people's dreams while they sleep and navigating these dreams in order to steal secrets. However, he and his team are proposed an interesting job that may give Cobb a chance to finally return home to his children. That being, Inception, the act of planting an idea rather than removing one. From there it's up to Cobb and a number of charming or interesting characters to delve into the world of dreams and prevent a new superpower from arising.

First off this films biggest advantage is it's theorizing and presenting new complicated ideas. After seeing this film you will undoubtedly begin scratching your scalp in an effort to figure out what on earth it all meant. The great thing about this film is that you will, at many points, think you get it. You will be certain that you understand, but then something will happen and suddenly, you don't. I had to see this film multiple times in order to even begin to understand it. If you buy this film, don't rent it, buy it on DVD and watch it as many times as you need in order to believe you fully understand. I promise you, it'll be pretty damn difficult.
In order to go into depth on how confusing this film is, let me tell you what you're in store for. In order for inception to be possible, you must enter the subject's dream. Simple enough. Then someone within the dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream. Then, someone within that dream within a dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream within a dream. Hoo. As you can imagine, the results are quite spectacular.

The next best thing about this film is the special effects and the action. While the gun-play is nothing special, one particular scene involving a hotel corridor and gravity rotating is something that I still cannot process, even after sitting down and taking some Ritalin. While most of the action is good, the special effects are some of the most impressive ones that I've seen as of yet. While they don't exactly scream realistic, they are mind-boggling. I can't describe much, as my vocabulary is only human however this film does contain a large area of Paris suddenly folding over and collapsing on top of itself, creating an enclosed box world where gravity changes based on which surface you stand on. Yeah.

Another excellent thing about Inception is the score. I wouldn't normally praise the soundtrack of a film seeing as how it really is only a thing on the side that merely contributes to a film's feel and mood, but I'm sorry, Hans Zimmer has outdone himself with the soundtrack to Inception so much that I have trouble understanding how he did it. Each and every song is unique, fitting, spine chilling, and most certainly makes the film even better. A really noticeable thing about all of the songs is that they all begin with a tune, which will be added to ten seconds later, then added to again, and again, until the same few notes are bursting with variety and chills. I would highly recommend looking the soundtrack up on youtube, look for "Dream is Collapsing" in particular.

However what almost took the top spot on this movie's excellent diorama of pros is the main character, Cobb. His character itself is nothing special, however throughout the film his past of being affiliated with extraction, inception, and a character called Mal, is hinted at and eventually explained at the end, and the explanation and how the ending plays out is something truly marvellous to behold. It is brilliant watching the story's hints and nudges come together into a delicious ending pudding before the film makes it's brilliant conclusion.

One thing that I must touch on however, is the strength of the final ten seconds of the film. I won't spoil them, however this ending is what gave this film its rating. This ending is what gave everyone that last spot of fuel, that last little ounce of information to finally make the mind collapse in on itself and for you to turn to your film-going companions and go "WHAAAAAAAAAT!?" And this small difference is what makes Inception what it is. Inception is, probably, my new favourite film of all time, and a film like that deserves this. Inceptions scores a 10/10.
ViolettSep 2, 2014
Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
beingryanjudeAug 24, 2014
It's difficult to deny Christopher Nolan the brilliance of his concept. Especially when it is presented as beautifully as it is. An ensemble that will go down in history... but I can't help but wishing it was a tad bit shorter.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop.

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
TheRoyalMelonAug 17, 2014
This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
Christopher Nolan shows again his talent for making art in a way that will make breathless!
The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you
This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you will understand the film completely. It is that kind of movie that makes you think and the idea is so interesting, that you never get bored!
Just a great movie and definitely worth watching and buying it!
Oh and also: Hans Zimmer did another amazing job with the music! Amazing! Goosebumps!
DatMovieThoJul 28, 2014
Wow. Inception. Enough bends and turns and twists to really make your vision funny. But, all in all, this is the best movie I have seen. Ever.
The main plot of the film was simple, but when you throw in all the 'other' bits it becomes something a little more... interesting. In a good way.
Christopher Nolan looked at his other movie 'memento' and just went 'You know what. People liked that. Lets do something similar, but not as backwards (literally) as the previous movie!' (don't get me wrong, that was great to).
Inception takes everything you know about film and he makes it do a full headstand. He gets some of the most proclaimed actors and offers them to do something they really haven't done before. Like walk up a road vertically, or fall into the water slowly, but in real time (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean), and many other amazing things.
Yes, the plot is somewhat confusing, but it doesn't not say that it isn't amazing. The twisting plot, the special effects and everything in between.
I have seen it countless times, and it has not changed my viewing experience. I am still amazing four years on at what it has achieved. Christopher Nolan is probably the greatest director at the moment. Not only because of his countless, infinite ideas. But because of the time and effort he has probably put into this movie. If you have not seen it, then have you been living under a rock? The questions simple. If you haven't, go onto Amazon and get it (probably) quite cheap (unless your wanting it in blu-ray. I'm not stopping you buying it in blu-ray, however).
This is certainly, the greatest film of all time, in my opinion. You may have yours, but I have mine.
MrBlackTronJul 28, 2014
Tam anlamıyla bir klasik, üzerinden 50 yıl geçse de seyredilmeye devam edecektir. Her filmi iyi olan Di Caprio'nun belki de en iyi filmi. Mutlaka izlenmeli.
jacob4Jul 21, 2014
Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
heeldavidJul 21, 2014
Inception's ending might confuse people but the movie is a well paced sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan, the way that the movie moves and continues is just great, DiCaprio gives one of his best perfromances
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notchInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
JhanzaibMay 23, 2014
First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worthFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
MrWhiteBrBaMay 9, 2014
The best part of the movie Inception is the brilliant direction Nolan gives to this movie other than its acting the visually striking movie gives another amazing movie to the Christopher Nolan canon.
rafi_haha18Apr 22, 2014
this film was dazzling, breathtaking, and electrifying. the story was good enough, the graphic was cool enough, and the acting of the actor was very cool
Meth-dudeApr 20, 2014
I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
drlowdonApr 12, 2014
Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given anWriter/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.

Featuring a stellar cast Inception could have been a complete disaster in the hands of a less capable director. The way in which Nolan utilizes astounding visual effects to continually add deeper and deeper layers to the concept without making everything too difficult to follow is truly masterful however and makes for one of the most spectacular films ever to grace cinema screens. To say anymore would be to spoil the movie for those that haven’t seen and suffice to say you should certainly see it.
TheSwagMasterApr 9, 2014
This movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have everThis movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have ever heard in a movie. 10/10 Expand
ernstApr 4, 2014
This movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact thatThis movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact that my mind would coast and just go somewhere else, it was a really complex movie and confusing to understand. The thing about this movie is it makes you think, a lot. Even the little things in this movie confused for example the names in it were so unheard of and complex I couldn't tell who was who. The only character I knew by name was the one Leonardo DiCaprio played because he played a character with a really simple name. Another thing that really bothered me was the sound, it was so bad I had to turn my TV up all the way for various parts of the movie, then the sound would get really loud and I'd have to turn my TV back down and that's just something that really annoyed me when watching this movie. Overall I didn't like this movie because it was really hard to concentrate on it and understand what exactly is going on. When I did know what was going on it was an amazing movie. The movie had a spectacular ending it made my heart tingle. Expand
DrewtheDude85Apr 2, 2014
A very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely aA very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely a film that doesn't mess around in terms of story and I think that it's a smart film that you will enjoy; in fact this film has a pretty crazy ending that will probably even drive you a bit crazy. But overall, Inception is a very good movie, I'd recommend it. Expand
usherd369Mar 31, 2014
The buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessentialThe buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessential puzzling summer blockbuster archetype. Nolan will not co-write and direct something more perfect. Expand
jack977Mar 13, 2014
Christopher Nolan's foray into independent blockbuster territory is a complex, definitely ambitious and more importantly a thought provoking film that might leave you scratching your head at the end but rest assured is a very satisfyingChristopher Nolan's foray into independent blockbuster territory is a complex, definitely ambitious and more importantly a thought provoking film that might leave you scratching your head at the end but rest assured is a very satisfying metaphysical experience. A standing testimony to why the thinking man's Hollywood blockbuster isn't dead, not as long as we have a Nolan and a Cameron. Expand
Mordovan89Mar 8, 2014
An amazing film not only to hang out, but I understand the plot cost much at first. Either way is great and lots of action. Christopher Nolan is seen that nothing gets wasted no Inception, and hopefully see it work on other projects as well.
iXFFeb 22, 2014
Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.
nicholasvanhFeb 5, 2014
10/10 one of the best movies ever

first thing i read a post about the music that it drove a person insane? are you insane? hans zimmer one of the best movie music composer around lately, the song time was outstanding. about the movie
10/10 one of the best movies ever

about the movie all positive good story , good acting especially at the end , good music. just a masterpieces.

all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is wrong with you
TerenceYiboFeb 3, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 看似难懂其实本片相对于诺兰得早期作品而言可谓相当易懂,电影充满想像力,精彩刺激,特别是三层梦境中的连环剪辑十分出彩,结尾很棒,特效超赞,配乐超级震撼,影片背后的意义则令人深思。 Expand
MortimerFeb 3, 2014
Intseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (KenIntseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) as a conductor in charge of the details of the operation. Ariadne (Ellen Page) as orhitektora responsible for the construction of the world of dreams. Eames (Tom Hardy) as imetatora that can create an image of any person. Yusuf (Dileep Rao) to create a special hypnotic immersion in the world of dreams. Expand
1nsiderJan 25, 2014
As good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earningAs good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earning viewer. Perfection. Expand
devo-ncJan 24, 2014
This is one movie that when I walked out I felt I just experienced a rare classic action/thriller. In Nolan's best movie to date Inception is the next Matrix.
guitarguy001Jan 8, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is soOne of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely the best movie of 2010. All hail Christopher Nolan. Expand
samsusDec 31, 2013
After a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple ofAfter a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of my family members and friends to watch it. Never once was I bored, my attention always completely on the movie. I would most definitely watch this movie again, I would recommend to anyone no matter what their movie 'type' is because I just loved it so much. The actors chosen played the characters exceptionally well, just over-all the film is a definite must on your 'watched-movies' list. Expand
Akshay7Dec 31, 2013
Incepted!

Incepted!

When I first saw Inception it had such an effect on mind that I was driven to keep thinking about this Christopher Nolan's masterpiece for days together. Nolan’s movies make your brains work out and think and think more, his movies need your complete attention while viewing and this one is no different. Inception is not so difficult to interpret as Memento but definitely has more emotional weight than it. For a how-can-one-think-a-story-like-this screenplay by Nolan, Hans Zimmer’s evergreen score, the astonishing concept for the plot, good performances by the cast, stunning cinematography defying the concept of 'reality', the ambiguous nature of the whole film and the way it has been put together and directed it remains my as my favorite movie till date.
Scamp4553Dec 13, 2013
Inception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the StanleyInception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the Stanley Kubrick of his time. Expand
SwatiDec 13, 2013
The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers toThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
ExKingDec 6, 2013
Inception have the best original idea i have ever seen and Nolan execute it to the level of perfection, it's a masterpiece in all it's elements.
the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
the performances are spectacular and the plot
the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
the performances are spectacular and the plot is imaginary.
i never gave a movie 10 out of 10 before but inception easily deserve it.
eagleeyevikingNov 28, 2013
Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceralInception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic. Expand
cag11Nov 21, 2013
This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
JasonSomethiNgNov 18, 2013
I'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about itI'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the film immensely, and that all the people I know who are "disappointed" by Inception are, in my opinion at least, individuals who are very quick to judge, irrational, whimsical, and unoriginal. It's quite a comedy just watching a large percentage of the population explode in tantrums by giving mindless scores below 2/10, just as a toddlers would when they fail to understand something. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 17, 2013
Inception is exceptional.
Inception is exceptional.
The movie is incredible with great special effects and an impressive script. Nolan once again puts on one of his famous ending twists making the film extremely entertaining in and out. The acting is good and the idea is genius.
AssassinationNov 12, 2013
A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
**Inception**
A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
**Inception**

*This movie is a complete master piece and one of the best movies of all the time It has brilliant architectures of dramatic screenplay amazing visual effects & great direction.The film shown itself to be master of all mind twisting movies of all time The director and screen play writer Christopher Nolan has proved himself to be one best directors of all the time He is extremely brilliant in making movies which are fascinating and unique. This film sparkles as gem stones with amazing visual effects and brilliant screen play This movie has a perfect cast of talented actors and their performance in this movie are absolutely stunning. Each actors has done an outstanding job of perfecting their respective roles in this film.The characters are very well developed they display an amazing performance which stood as a backbone support for the entire movie In category of music the sound tracks and background effects are fantastic it gives the thrill and excitement for the whole movie The action sequence and visual effects has done an outstanding job during screen play its beautifully displayed and inspiring to watch .These major components are one of the factors for this film being hugely successful. This movie is EPIC through out its scale Delivering you the satisfaction of experiencing the excitement and thrill which you would have never expected !.

Inception:**********

(10/10) Stars
JohnBodineOct 26, 2013
An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
Uri19Oct 26, 2013
Inception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzleInception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such an incredible thing. Expand
BasilZeroOct 1, 2013
Inception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and theInception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and the production team was keen on the special effects and sound effects. This is truly a sci-fi movie worth watching especially for those who are in love with the aspect of the human mind and the dream state. Expand
NBAluke579Sep 26, 2013
Inception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this filmInception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this film a masterpiece or something extremely original? Not at all. I do like Christopher Nolan's films, but him being hailed as a "genius" is hilarious. There are countless directors much better than him, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of films much better than this one. The more I think about this movie, the more I realize that it's nothing more than a solid summer blockbuster. The film is full of stock characters, the film has a lack of any philosophical ambitions or heavy complex themes to truly make it a work of art that can be analyzed for decades to come. What Nolan did do is create a smart summer blockbuster. In this day and age, that's gotta count for something. My Rating:7.8 Expand
MovieGuysSep 19, 2013
Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram,Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
sloppyjoesSep 8, 2013
This is probably one of the best movies in recent years. A perfect science fiction film that is still based in reality but still features a solid plotline. It's not nearly as "deep" as some people make it out to be, but it's still a fantastic film.
DeikuzanCrysisAug 10, 2013
It was my favourite Movie. Inception is the best Nolan's movie until now and better than The Dark Knight I love Ariadne and Cobb They are like Joel and Ellie :D :D :D :D I watch Inception more than 10x :D :D Sorry if my English is bad :D
ArminAfsharAug 10, 2013
its a amazing wonderfully film ,
how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
its a film that never seen b 4 Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler
its a amazing wonderfully film ,
how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
its a film that never seen b 4
Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler stars & so many think that make a great Blockbuster