8.6

1. Apr 23, 2015
    Undoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not rewardUndoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not reward indolence. If you zone out or make a trip to the snack bar, it will lose you. All it asks of viewers is that they do something rare: engage the intellect. Details may elude even the most attentive viewer, but the big picture will remain in focus. Despite layering dream upon dream and blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, writer/director Christopher Nolan has meticulously established Inception in such a way that getting lost is not an option. Is it a mind **** Maybe, but not one that leads to endless frustration. Nolan has a story to tell and he tells it. His main goal - at least until the end - is not screwing with the viewer's perception. He provides enough clarity that we know where we are and what we're watching and that we don't founder.

In fact, one could make an argument that the straightforward nature of Nolan's approach to such potentially mind-bending material is one of Inception's weaknesses. By pulling his punches, so to speak, and keeping things mostly linear, Nolan disallows the possibility of the screenplay turning into a Mobius Strip. Influences include, most obviously, Dark City and The Matrix. There's also a sense of kinship with Martin Scorsese's recent Shutter Island, not only because that film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, but because both productions toy with narrator perspective and the intersection of illusion with reality. However, the strongest synergy I can think of is with the TV series Caprica (the prequel to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica remake), which uses a similar approach to the one employed in Inception to explore virtual realities.

Inception is a less challenging project than Memento, which brought Nolan to the world's attention. It isn't as convoluted and the payoff, despite toying with our expectations, lacks the boldness of the earlier production. Still, this is a very good film that involves the intellect while at the same time not ignoring the visceral. There are numerous straightforward action scenes, including Matrix-like gravity-free hand-to-hand combat and a car chase, that inject some adrenaline into the proceedings. In fact, the entire second half of the film amounts to one massive, carefully choreographed sequence of escalating suspense as dangerous circumstances unfold across three levels of dreamscapes. Hans Zimmer's pounding score and Nolan's careful cross-cutting tie everything together perfectly.

As intellectually involving as this material is, Nolan wisely does not ignore the need for the viewer to have a strong emotional attachment to the main character. Cobb's backstory unfolds gradually, with the screenplay dropping pieces, like crumbs, in front of the viewer at regular intervals. We learn the truth about his relationship with his wife and children during the course of the narrative and, as one might suspect given Nolan's apparent anti-happiness bias (his movies aren't exactly carefree and joyous), there are tragic elements. Cobb is the only character who experiences significant development - the other members of his team are secondary. They get plenty of screen time but we know little about them beyond their functions within the scheme.

The special effects in Inception serve the story, rather than the other way around - which is a rare occurrence these days, when the emphasis seems to be on providing viewers with visual amusement park rides. In this case, we are presented with cities where streets defy gravity by arching overhead and massive cliffs that collapse into the sea. There is a point to everything, most often to illustrate how dreams distort the commonplace into something that defies the natural laws.

Is Inception cerebral? Yes. Is it too cerebral for mass audiences? I would argue that's not the case. In a sense, one gets out of Inception what one is willing to put in. Those looking for an action/adventure film can identify that, although 148 minutes is a little long for something so simplistic. Those willing to think and puzzle a little more will find that the twists and turns of the narrative aren't as labyrinthine as they initially appear. Inception is more accessible than obtuse. It proves, among other things, that Nolan has been unwilling to bask in the success of The Dark Knight. Looking for new and exciting challenges, he has found one here.
  2. Apr 19, 2015
    Corporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll be trapped forever.

Like The Matrix mated with Synecdoche, New York — or a Charlie Kaufman 007. To paraphrase Casino Royale’s Vesper Lynd, it’s a meaningful pursuit in a summer of disposable entertainments. With physics-defying, thunderous action, heart-wringing emotion and an astonishing performance from DiCaprio, Nolan delivers another true original: welcome to an undiscovered country.
  3. Apr 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Review
    Inception
    Browse more images »
    If you know nothing else about Inception, at least know this: it is not a trick. It is ingenious but not crafty, knotty but not duplicitous. It has neither Memento’s method conceit nor the smoke and mirrors of The Prestige. To contrast it with the latter, in particular (fine film though that is), is to appreciate the difference between stage-magic and a real miracle.

The director-as-magician analogy feels least tired when applied to Christopher Nolan, given his body of work, its formal and mental layers and precisely engineered reveals. At best, this approach can be exhilarating. At worst — as with the narrative drip-feed of Insomnia, his weakest picture — it is obfuscation masquerading as artistry, aka not half as bloody clever as it thinks it is. Given its setting is largely the subconscious, though, Inception can’t work with a rug-pull denouement. Every scene — let alone the movie — could be punctured with that postscript beloved of primary school story scribblers: “And I woke up and it was only a dream...” So, don’t brace for a “ta-dah!” moment — it will impede your enjoyment and waste your time. Instead, marvel at the effrontery of a filmmaker who asks you to emotionally invest in avowed mental constructs — and succeeds. In one sense, admittedly, this is what every filmmaker asks us to do: engross ourselves in their imagination. The movie, then, could be interpreted as being about craft and inspiration — one character even says, of constructing the architecture of dreams, “It’s just... pure creation.” In terms of scale and style it is, as Nolan intended, comparable to Bond’s best excursions — yet filtered through a brain-frying, subconscious-spelunking, time-dilating structure that boldly frames action sequences around each other. So we get an explosive Arctic mountain vault-storming within a zero-gravity scramble within a vehicle-crunching chase. In effect, the set-pieces are simultaneous. Which is insane, but brilliant as, while he at times boggles through the necessarily complex editing, Nolan never corrupts his multiverse’s internal logic. When you’re not basking in the visuals, you can always lean into DiCaprio and appreciate the emotion. He anchors everything. An actor who has long borne the blessing and the burden of being hailed a genius before he was even a man, he has never been less than good, but can appear either callow or try-hard, like a child dressing in daddy’s suit. Not here. He shows a depth of feeling rivalled only by his work in Shutter Island. To deliver two such turns in a career would be impressive. In a year, it’s just showing off. What makes it work, really, though, is how unfussy he is, how unselfish — there’s no showboating. Good as he is in The Departed or Gangs Of New York, you could sometimes feel the Weight of his Acting. Here, paradoxically, he appears effortless, even though he’s the beam on which the whole mighty edifice rests. It’s because you believe his journey, his heart, that you buy into Inception. If he failed, so would the movie. This isn’t the sort of performance that usually wins Oscars — it’s not ostentatious or superficially transformative, but by God it is brilliant. The strength of it is that you remain emotionally engaged, even if you’re not entirely sure what’s going on. The third act makes Memento seem about as complex as Bear In The Big Blue House. And while there is remarkable clarity given the complexity, you are pummelled with information and have to keep up — pay attention, figure it out.

4. Apr 6, 2015
    Easily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like the Wizard of Oz meeting the Matrix and turn it into the number one fantasy heist film that was believed to be impossible to film.

Amazingly

Amazingly photographed, visually edited, and lots of shocking never before seen special effects and an all star cast executing great performances, as well as careful directing, its a mind-blowing science venture of epic proportions that makes it a phenomenon of the ages.

a new technological monument that gives us a trip from reality into the suspenses of our dream world where your mind is the weapon for the perfect crime. its an easy A+ epic not to be missed
  5. Apr 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favourite movie of all time. Great cinematography. Best sound I've ever heard in a movie. The bass really adds to the atmosphere. I loved how the ending is left open for discussion. This movie was awesome at the cinema and a must own on blu ray. Leonardo Di caprio was a great actor in this flick. Expand
  6. Mar 19, 2015
    Inception is a fantastic combination of exciting action, great intrigue, fantastic suspense, a fascinating plot, and its magnificent premise about dreams. It's excellent from start to finish.
  7. Mar 15, 2015
    Without using any spoilers... let me warn you. This movie WILL make you wanna watch it again! I can guarantee you that! I HIGHLY recommend this amazing masterpiece to anyone who loves solving mysteries and watch fantasies! Thank you Christopher Nolan
  8. Jan 29, 2015
    Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,JosephChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
  9. Dec 23, 2014
    Inception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is top entertainment and should not be missed.
  10. Dec 22, 2014
    Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
  11. Dec 16, 2014
    it it amazing move i have't seen before and till.
    after watching movie iknow that director is genius and expecially about O.S.T is very fantastic.
    i love music director hans zimmer too. when i know based music of movie reflect flow of time.
    i'm so scary and incredible. it is best movie in my life .
  12. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  13. Oct 14, 2014
    This is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing these kind of movies Chris...!!
  14. Oct 6, 2014
    That's it. Score says it all.
    Acting. Concept, which is as it is with Nolan, always brilliant.
    The best flick of 2010, or maybe whatever I've watched in the past few years. Period. Christopher Nolan is a magician.
  15. Sep 23, 2014
    I neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready to confront my worst nightmare, or dream.

Inception gives us a very unique plot that does, granted, have elements of other blockbusters, however it's framework is still utterly unique. In a nutshell, Dom Cobb is the most skilled extractor in the world. This means that he is the best as going into people's dreams while they sleep and navigating these dreams in order to steal secrets. However, he and his team are proposed an interesting job that may give Cobb a chance to finally return home to his children. That being, Inception, the act of planting an idea rather than removing one. From there it's up to Cobb and a number of charming or interesting characters to delve into the world of dreams and prevent a new superpower from arising.

First off this films biggest advantage is it's theorizing and presenting new complicated ideas. After seeing this film you will undoubtedly begin scratching your scalp in an effort to figure out what on earth it all meant. The great thing about this film is that you will, at many points, think you get it. You will be certain that you understand, but then something will happen and suddenly, you don't. I had to see this film multiple times in order to even begin to understand it. If you buy this film, don't rent it, buy it on DVD and watch it as many times as you need in order to believe you fully understand. I promise you, it'll be pretty damn difficult.
    In order to go into depth on how confusing this film is, let me tell you what you're in store for. In order for inception to be possible, you must enter the subject's dream. Simple enough. Then someone within the dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream. Then, someone within that dream within a dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream within a dream. Hoo. As you can imagine, the results are quite spectacular.

The next best thing about this film is the special effects and the action. While the gun-play is nothing special, one particular scene involving a hotel corridor and gravity rotating is something that I still cannot process, even after sitting down and taking some Ritalin. While most of the action is good, the special effects are some of the most impressive ones that I've seen as of yet. While they don't exactly scream realistic, they are mind-boggling. I can't describe much, as my vocabulary is only human however this film does contain a large area of Paris suddenly folding over and collapsing on top of itself, creating an enclosed box world where gravity changes based on which surface you stand on. Yeah.

Another excellent thing about Inception is the score. I wouldn't normally praise the soundtrack of a film seeing as how it really is only a thing on the side that merely contributes to a film's feel and mood, but I'm sorry, Hans Zimmer has outdone himself with the soundtrack to Inception so much that I have trouble understanding how he did it. Each and every song is unique, fitting, spine chilling, and most certainly makes the film even better. A really noticeable thing about all of the songs is that they all begin with a tune, which will be added to ten seconds later, then added to again, and again, until the same few notes are bursting with variety and chills. I would highly recommend looking the soundtrack up on youtube, look for "Dream is Collapsing" in particular.

However what almost took the top spot on this movie's excellent diorama of pros is the main character, Cobb. His character itself is nothing special, however throughout the film his past of being affiliated with extraction, inception, and a character called Mal, is hinted at and eventually explained at the end, and the explanation and how the ending plays out is something truly marvellous to behold. It is brilliant watching the story's hints and nudges come together into a delicious ending pudding before the film makes it's brilliant conclusion.

One thing that I must touch on however, is the strength of the final ten seconds of the film. I won't spoil them, however this ending is what gave this film its rating. This ending is what gave everyone that last spot of fuel, that last little ounce of information to finally make the mind collapse in on itself and for you to turn to your film-going companions and go "WHAAAAAAAAAT!?" And this small difference is what makes Inception what it is. Inception is, probably, my new favourite film of all time, and a film like that deserves this. Inceptions scores a 10/10.
  16. Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
  17. Aug 24, 2014
    This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop. The

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
  18. Aug 17, 2014
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Christopher Nolan shows again his talent for making art in a way that will make breathless!
    The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you will understand the film completely. It is that kind of movie that makes you think and the idea is so interesting, that you never get bored! Just a
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Just a great movie and definitely worth watching and buying it!
    Oh and also: Hans Zimmer did another amazing job with the music! Amazing! Goosebumps!
  19. Jul 28, 2014
    Wow. Inception. Enough bends and turns and twists to really make your vision funny. But, all in all, this is the best movie I have seen. Ever.
    The main plot of the film was simple, but when you throw in all the 'other' bits it becomes something a little more... interesting. In a good way.
    Christopher Nolan looked at his other movie 'memento' and just went 'You know what. People liked that. Lets do something similar, but not as backwards (literally) as the previous movie!' (don't get me wrong, that was great to).
    Inception takes everything you know about film and he makes it do a full headstand. He gets some of the most proclaimed actors and offers them to do something they really haven't done before. Like walk up a road vertically, or fall into the water slowly, but in real time (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean), and many other amazing things.
    Yes, the plot is somewhat confusing, but it doesn't not say that it isn't amazing. The twisting plot, the special effects and everything in between.
    I have seen it countless times, and it has not changed my viewing experience. I am still amazing four years on at what it has achieved. Christopher Nolan is probably the greatest director at the moment. Not only because of his countless, infinite ideas. But because of the time and effort he has probably put into this movie. If you have not seen it, then have you been living under a rock? The questions simple. If you haven't, go onto Amazon and get it (probably) quite cheap (unless your wanting it in blu-ray. I'm not stopping you buying it in blu-ray, however).
    This is certainly, the greatest film of all time, in my opinion. You may have yours, but I have mine.
  20. Jul 28, 2014
    Tam anlamıyla bir klasik, üzerinden 50 yıl geçse de seyredilmeye devam edecektir. Her filmi iyi olan Di Caprio'nun belki de en iyi filmi. Mutlaka izlenmeli.
  21. Jul 21, 2014
    Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
  22. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  23. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  24. May 9, 2014
    The best part of the movie Inception is the brilliant direction Nolan gives to this movie other than its acting the visually striking movie gives another amazing movie to the Christopher Nolan canon.
  25. Apr 22, 2014
    this film was dazzling, breathtaking, and electrifying. the story was good enough, the graphic was cool enough, and the acting of the actor was very cool
  26. Apr 20, 2014
    I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
  27. Apr 12, 2014
    Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.

Featuring a stellar cast Inception could have been a complete disaster in the hands of a less capable director. The way in which Nolan utilizes astounding visual effects to continually add deeper and deeper layers to the concept without making everything too difficult to follow is truly masterful however and makes for one of the most spectacular films ever to grace cinema screens. To say anymore would be to spoil the movie for those that haven’t seen and suffice to say you should certainly see it.
  28. Apr 9, 2014
    This movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have ever heard in a movie. 10/10
  29. Mar 31, 2014
    The buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessential puzzling summer blockbuster archetype. Nolan will not co-write and direct something more perfect.
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Christopher Nolan's foray into independent blockbuster territory is a complex, definitely ambitious and more importantly a thought provoking film that might leave you scratching your head at the end but rest assured is a very satisfying metaphysical experience. A standing testimony to why the thinking man's Hollywood blockbuster isn't dead, not as long as we have a Nolan and a Cameron.
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    An amazing film not only to hang out, but I understand the plot cost much at first. Either way is great and lots of action. Christopher Nolan is seen that nothing gets wasted no Inception, and hopefully see it work on other projects as well.
  32. iXF
    Feb 22, 2014
    Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.
  33. Feb 5, 2014
    10/10 one of the best movies ever

first thing i read a post about the music that it drove a person insane? are you insane? hans zimmer one of the best movie music composer around lately, the song time was outstanding. about the movie all positive good story , good acting especially at the end , good music. just a masterpieces. all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is
    10/10 one of the best movies ever

all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is wrong with you
  34. Feb 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 看似难懂其实本片相对于诺兰得早期作品而言可谓相当易懂,电影充满想像力,精彩刺激,特别是三层梦境中的连环剪辑十分出彩,结尾很棒,特效超赞,配乐超级震撼,影片背后的意义则令人深思。 Expand
  35. Feb 3, 2014
    Intseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) asIntseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) as a conductor in charge of the details of the operation. Ariadne (Ellen Page) as orhitektora responsible for the construction of the world of dreams. Eames (Tom Hardy) as imetatora that can create an image of any person. Yusuf (Dileep Rao) to create a special hypnotic immersion in the world of dreams. Expand
  36. Jan 25, 2014
    As good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earning viewer. Perfection.
  37. Jan 24, 2014
    This is one movie that when I walked out I felt I just experienced a rare classic action/thriller. In Nolan's best movie to date Inception is the next Matrix.
  38. Jan 8, 2014
    One of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely theOne of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely the best movie of 2010. All hail Christopher Nolan. Expand
  39. Dec 31, 2013
    After a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of myAfter a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of my family members and friends to watch it. Never once was I bored, my attention always completely on the movie. I would most definitely watch this movie again, I would recommend to anyone no matter what their movie 'type' is because I just loved it so much. The actors chosen played the characters exceptionally well, just over-all the film is a definite must on your 'watched-movies' list. Expand
  40. Dec 31, 2013
    Incepted!

Incepted!

When I first saw Inception it had such an effect on mind that I was driven to keep thinking about this Christopher Nolan's masterpiece for days together. Nolan’s movies make your brains work out and think and think more, his movies need your complete attention while viewing and this one is no different. Inception is not so difficult to interpret as Memento but definitely has more emotional weight than it. For a how-can-one-think-a-story-like-this screenplay by Nolan, Hans Zimmer’s evergreen score, the astonishing concept for the plot, good performances by the cast, stunning cinematography defying the concept of 'reality', the ambiguous nature of the whole film and the way it has been put together and directed it remains my as my favorite movie till date.
  41. Dec 13, 2013
    Inception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the Stanley Kubrick of his time.
  42. Dec 13, 2013
    The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult partsThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
  43. Dec 6, 2013
    Inception have the best original idea i have ever seen and Nolan execute it to the level of perfection, it's a masterpiece in all it's elements.
    the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
    the performances are spectacular and the plot is imaginary.
    i never gave a movie 10 out of 10 before but inception easily deserve it.
  44. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  45. Nov 21, 2013
    This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
  46. Nov 18, 2013
    I'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the filmI'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the film immensely, and that all the people I know who are "disappointed" by Inception are, in my opinion at least, individuals who are very quick to judge, irrational, whimsical, and unoriginal. It's quite a comedy just watching a large percentage of the population explode in tantrums by giving mindless scores below 2/10, just as a toddlers would when they fail to understand something. Expand
  47. Nov 12, 2013
    A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
    **Inception**
    A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
    **Inception**

*This movie is a complete master piece and one of the best movies of all the time It has brilliant architectures of dramatic screenplay amazing visual effects & great direction.The film shown itself to be master of all mind twisting movies of all time The director and screen play writer Christopher Nolan has proved himself to be one best directors of all the time He is extremely brilliant in making movies which are fascinating and unique. This film sparkles as gem stones with amazing visual effects and brilliant screen play This movie has a perfect cast of talented actors and their performance in this movie are absolutely stunning. Each actors has done an outstanding job of perfecting their respective roles in this film.The characters are very well developed they display an amazing performance which stood as a backbone support for the entire movie In category of music the sound tracks and background effects are fantastic it gives the thrill and excitement for the whole movie The action sequence and visual effects has done an outstanding job during screen play its beautifully displayed and inspiring to watch .These major components are one of the factors for this film being hugely successful. This movie is EPIC through out its scale Delivering you the satisfaction of experiencing the excitement and thrill which you would have never expected !.

Inception:**********

(10/10) Stars
  48. Oct 26, 2013
    An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
  49. Oct 26, 2013
    Inception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such anInception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such an incredible thing. Expand
  50. Oct 1, 2013
    Inception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and the production team was keen on the special effects and sound effects. This is truly a sci-fi movie worth watching especially for those who are in love with theInception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and the production team was keen on the special effects and sound effects. This is truly a sci-fi movie worth watching especially for those who are in love with the aspect of the human mind and the dream state. Expand
  51. Sep 19, 2013
    Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing howNolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
  52. Sep 8, 2013
    This is probably one of the best movies in recent years. A perfect science fiction film that is still based in reality but still features a solid plotline. It's not nearly as "deep" as some people make it out to be, but it's still a fantastic film.
  53. Aug 10, 2013
    It was my favourite Movie. Inception is the best Nolan's movie until now and better than The Dark Knight I love Ariadne and Cobb They are like Joel and Ellie :D :D :D :D I watch Inception more than 10x :D :D Sorry if my English is bad :D
  54. Aug 10, 2013
    its a amazing wonderfully film ,
    how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
    its a film that never seen b 4
    Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler stars & so many think that make a great Blockbuster
  55. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  56. Jun 24, 2013
    Yes, I said masterpiece.

Yes, I said masterpiece.

This is going to be difficult, since saying too much here is surely damaging to the movie going experience. This film has been criticized as much as it has been praised, and all for the same thing, the depth of the script. Yes, this film can be hard to grasp IF you aren't paying attention, but it really isn't too complicated to follow if you walk in with the right mindset. My brother hated this film, but he went with a bunch of reckless teenagers who talked throughout the whole movie. This isn't your typical action film; you have to actually `watch' this one. I went with my wife.

We LOVED it.

Simply put, `Inception' is about a man named Cobb who, due to his profession, has been separated from the ones he loves. His wife is dead and he has been charged with her murder. If he returns to the states, he will be incarcerated. So, for the time being, he is not able to see his children. What it is that Cobb does is someone complicated. He uses dreams to steal valuable ideas from influential people. Using technology suited for this task, he enters the mind of the sleeping, builds dreamscapes inside their minds and creates an alternate reality that allows him to extract whatever it is he is paid to find.

It's not as hard to follow as it sounds.

At the films outset we are shown just how this works. After a botched job, Cobb and his partner Arthur are given a proposition; to perform inception. With this job would come the ability to return home and see his children. There is a small problem though. Inception is much different and much more complicated a procedure because it involves implanting an idea, not stealing one. This is harder because it is a much deeper deception; for in order for the idea to take root and grow, Cobb and his team have to make it feel as though the `victim' has come up with this idea all on his own.

It has to feel real.

Christopher Nolan has a huge following, especially after his brilliant `The Dark Knight', which garnered lots of praise, attention and even an Oscar or two. While that film continues to grow on me in ways unprecedented (not really, but you get the picture...it is brilliant), there is no denying that Nolan continues to show the goods. `Inception' is so smart it's scary. Nolan understands that society in general gravitates towards the action film. It is the big Hollywood summer blockbuster. It is a way to make a lot of money. BUT, Nolan also understands that big explosions and million-dollar effects cannot take the place of a smart and involved script. He has continued to build a name for himself by marrying the two components beautifully, and `Inception' is no exception. The film is complex yet free-flowing. The pacing is exceptional. The dramatic overtones are all there in spades, especially since the main characters are fleshed out and given life (Cobb becomes three dimensional, and his back-story is just as entrancing as the films actual plot without ever taking away from it). Some have mentioned that the acting is standard fare, and then some have raved Leonardo DiCaprio and claimed this the best performance of his career. I don't agree with either statement (best of his career...really?) but I came very close to writing this review as a `best in show' piece and somewhat Oscar FYC for Marion Cotillard, who is just plain OUTSTANDING in this film.

Anyways, I decided not to (but a surprise Oscar nomination for her would be AMAZING and totally deserved).

That said, this film is very, very good. I fully expect it to snag a slew of Oscar nominations (including Best Picture and Best Director) and it will be deserved. No, this film is not the best film ever made (come on fanboys, you are giving the film itself a bad name) but it is a truly impressive feat for the genre and it further cements Nolan's name as one of the most impressive and imaginative directors of his generation.
  57. Jun 23, 2013
    Wow, reviewers on IMDb have to lighten up a bit. God forbid a movie makes you think and question something. This is one of my favorite moves. Coming out of the theater and thinking about what you just saw isn't a bad thing, and people have to realize that.
  58. Jun 14, 2013
    I have seen a lot of great movies, but not all of them has that EPIC feel that Christopher Nolan usually delivers in his movies.

Inception is not just EPIC, Inception is EPICNESS itself !!
    A Brilliant plot, a perfect cast, an amazing direction and production, and of course, a powerful and unique soundtrack.

In my Top 3, for sure
  59. Jun 12, 2013
    A mind blowing film. Great acting, directing, cinematography, storyline, etc. A must see.
  60. Jun 10, 2013
    This movie is... awesome. If someone didn't like this film he must be probably too stupid to understand this. Great film,Effects and blabla casting. An expected Nolan's masterpiece
  61. Jun 9, 2013
    I bow before the brilliance of Christopher Nolan. My favorite movie of 2010 and easily one of my favorite movies of the last ten years. An absolutely flawless piece of film making.
  62. Jun 5, 2013
    its almost perfect for me! Inception does whole mind blowing things inside your head, and its not only about mind blowing stuff but it has a great story because Nolan know the best.. this movie deserved more and more applause.. Good job Nolan!
  63. Jun 4, 2013
    Una obra maestra en efectos visuales, buen equipo de actores, la actuación de Cotillard me pareció muy buena e intensa, esta película nos sumerge en ese espectacular mundo de sueños.
  64. May 23, 2013
    Totally Different concept, good direction and DiCaprio, what more could u want
  65. May 13, 2013
    Nolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most original available in Hollywood films. This movie is known to be confusing but if your mindful, you'll realize this movie is one of the best in recent time.Nolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most original available in Hollywood films. This movie is known to be confusing but if your mindful, you'll realize this movie is one of the best in recent time. Definitely worth a watch. In addition, the soundtrack for this movie is just awesome, I even caught myself downloading some of the tracks Expand
  66. May 13, 2013
    Perhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressivePerhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressive cinematography, even if you understood the story. I would give his cinematographer's name, but even though I know it, I know I'd spell it wrong. I've heard the movie Paprika had a great influence on Inception so I don't quite know exactly how original it actually is, but rest assured, it's definitely unique among mega budgeted action films. With it's arthouse sensibilities, huge scale, impressive visual effects, ambiguous ending, and enough (possibly) pseudo intellectuality to give Freud a headache, Inception marks a new era in blockbuster filmmaking, and will permanently cling to the deep recesses of your mind. Expand
  67. May 10, 2013
    This is undoubtedly the best movie of Nolan, its complex plot and theme of the film are extremely catchy, the acting is good especially for DiCaprio, who in my opinion is his best film.
  68. May 4, 2013
    I see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone to enjoy. What Christopher Nolan has accomplished with Inception is not only his masterpiece, but also one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. While thisI see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone to enjoy. What Christopher Nolan has accomplished with Inception is not only his masterpiece, but also one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. While this movie can't quite overshadow The Matrix, it does puts the movie to shame and every other movie that deals with the verge between reality and fantasy. The way they explain the mechanics of how the dream works just makes it feel very real (because, in retrospective, they kind of make sense), and the performances in this movie are all excellent; they feel natural and makes you feel like they have done this for ever. The only negative I can think of is that it really takes a lot of concentration to keep up with, because it's very involve with how dreams work. This movie will surpass (if not meet) your expectations because it goes beyond from were you think it's going. I saw it the day that it was released and for does people who said it wasn't cool I told "Then get your tickets for Transformers 2, G.I JOE, or Clash of the Titans, because this is as good as 2010 is going to get". Expand
  69. Apr 20, 2013
    This movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and theThis movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and the storyline go, they work together excellently. I do admit that the storyline is really confusing, but once you get use to the movies' beauty, it's really an amazing and captivating movie. Christopher Nolan is the only person I know that can make a movie about dreams very interesting. Overall, it's a mind-bending sci-fi movie on dreams. Expand
  70. Apr 8, 2013
    Inception is one of the most complicated and compelling films ever made. Its one of my all time favorite films for many reasons. Its been talked about for years now and it will be talked about for years to come and it truly deserves at least that much.
  71. Apr 7, 2013
    Thought you understood this movie? You're wrongs....
    Watch this: http://youtu.be/ginQNMiRu2w
  72. Apr 5, 2013
    Awesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont really know if he was in the real world or not. There were some nice twist and effects that are rare. Long story short i really like that movie. Best movieAwesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont really know if he was in the real world or not. There were some nice twist and effects that are rare. Long story short i really like that movie. Best movie like 5 years ago. Expand
  73. Mar 26, 2013
    What a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell even Ellen Page was great. The special effects were fantastic. The music my god the music is breath taking. The film approaches a lot of subject matters,What a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell even Ellen Page was great. The special effects were fantastic. The music my god the music is breath taking. The film approaches a lot of subject matters, at 1st glance it seems like a normal sci fi movie with dreams but the film does more it shows how burrying memories can lead to more pain and suffering, or sometimes you just have to let go. Overall Inception isn't only one of the best films of all time it's definately in the top 10 best films ever. Expand
  74. Mar 25, 2013
    Inception is one of those rare blockbuster films which manages to be original and intelligent at the same time. Unlike most Hollywood movies, Christopher Nolan delivers a film which isn't afraid to dare the audience, and wholly expects them to be smart enough to move along with plot, rewarding them when they do so. Epic in scale, majestic in music, the film is complex yet fascinating, withInception is one of those rare blockbuster films which manages to be original and intelligent at the same time. Unlike most Hollywood movies, Christopher Nolan delivers a film which isn't afraid to dare the audience, and wholly expects them to be smart enough to move along with plot, rewarding them when they do so. Epic in scale, majestic in music, the film is complex yet fascinating, with interesting concepts, an engaging storyline, a well-acted cast, and thrilling action set pieces. Inception is definitely one of my favorite films of all time, and could very well be one of yours too. Expand
  75. Mar 24, 2013
    Obviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which time passes.

Christopher Nolan took ten years to make this film conduct comprising the ability of people to enter the world of dreams. No technological explanations such as "Star Trek" as works of such a feat, so there is a script built like a maze where the goal of Dom Cob (Leonardo DiCaprio) is more valuable than money, but the ways to achieve this are as complex as those dreams where the information is.
    In the first hour set the game with the use of visual effects able to keep the mouth open, all depending on the plot demands it and not as mere filler.
    People often compare it with Matrix, but they should do so, which as the minutes pass such thinking is diluted to discover that it is an authentic work that deviates from what we have seen before.
    The performances are absolutely flawless, the story is more than epic and the visuals, without comment.
    Maybe some were disappointed to see the same elements but always served in a maze of ingenious script that the rest will make them feel satisfied.
    My Score: 100 Excellent.
  76. Mar 18, 2013
    Fascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the finalFascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the final minutes it really takes your heart too. Marion Cotillard: damn she´s only in a few minutes and her performance and character are so important. It´s breathtaking, innovative and entertaining. It also makes you think and stays on your mind for days. One can´t ask for more. One more thing that is essential: the score. It´s so breathtaking it stays on your mind. One of my favorite scores of all times. The film is almost perfect. Only few people giving it low ratings are the ones so accustomed to mediocre action films that they went to see this thinking it was about brainless action and their brains could not handle it. Incredible film. One of those you can see again and again. Expand
  77. Mar 4, 2013
    The only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they wantThe only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they want more movies that ate just as we'll made as this masterpiece, and not a sequel to robots bashing each other senselessly. Christopher Nolan has brought new ground to Hollywood and has proven that the lowest common denominators are not as dumb as you think.

Inception is a triumph of cinema, scifi storytelling and just overall realisation of a concept that isn't all that easy to translate on screen. 10/10
  78. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is really one candidate for the best film ever. I recommended everyone to watch this movie, ideally more then once. Its has a complex and deep plot mixed with various mainstream elements. A Blockbuster.
  79. Feb 5, 2013
    I said that The Dark Knight was Christopher Nolan's masterpiece. I WAS WRONG! This is the best movie EVER! It has an amazing storyline and an equally as amazing cast. if you haven't seen this movie, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!
  80. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    This is one movie that will make your head hurt, in a good way, this is Nolan's best film yet, and this is the guy who directed The Dark Knight, the complexity of the movie is what makes it so good, the ending is quite a cliffhanger too. And the visual effects are amazing. This is my favorite movie. Period.
  81. Jan 31, 2013
    A perfect mix of intelligence and originality. Truly a masterpiece.
  82. Jan 27, 2013
    I can honestly say that Inception is an excelent film and that it has one of my favorite directors, Christopher Nolanm doing the best he can and with great visuals and acting
  83. Jan 15, 2013
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    No, not because of its apparently complex storyline and premise, which I find rather simple to follow, as it is clearly explained throughout the film. Rather more its gripping tale of taking a simple idea in our mind, and create pretty much whatever we see fit.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting information from a subjects subconscious. To return to a life of peace with his children, Cobb is asked to commit 'Inception', planting an idea inside a subjects subconscious while they are asleep.
    Christopher Nolan has created not necessarily something to baffle and dumbfound the audience, but a big-budget look at what we can create using something that will never go away...an idea.
    Cobb, with the aid of his associate Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) pull together a team to help infiltrate the mind of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). The team consists of Ellen Page as the architect (creating the dream world) Ariadne, expert forger Eames (Tom Hardy) and Mr Saito (Ken Watanabe), the business man trying to remove the competition of dissolving Fischer's fathers corporation, through Inception. While stunning visuals, epic set pieces and superb storytelling are all a-plenty, its the source which created these excellent moments that is the most wonderous part of the film, the unique, mind-provoking, yet simplistic plot of dreaming. It's all a wonderfully scripted puzzle which we, the viewer, must piece together, make us think and question what we believe to be real.
    It's also the way in which its portrayed onscreen that they are trying to tell as if we should already know that this is all possible, they don't overkill the idea, they simply remind us that it could be a dream.
    Christopher Nolan doesn't try to simplify his film at all, he merely wants the viewer to grasp its concept and think what they will for themselves.
    DiCaprio puts in a stellar performance as Cobb, he brings the sense that his character has been there too long at what he does and portrays this through his avoidance at direct open ended conversations with Ariadne, who suspects the whole operation could be blown due to Cobb's unwillingness to let go of his wife Mal (Marion Cotillard).
    Spectacular set-pieces set up a thrilling finale to this outstanding tale, and what culminates in the story will be seen as a cliff hangar to some, but a sense of closure brought about by excellent storytelling and convincing performances from the ensemble cast , Inception definitely asks the viewer to think about it for a while, and even then you still might not be able to explain what exactly you seen, but that it definitely needs to be planted in your subconscious.
  84. Jan 14, 2013
    An beautiful world of division and similarity that encapsulates the mind to no end. I did'nt like the ending because I thought it was a cop out but a cool psychological action movie that has been the best one in a long time.
  85. Jan 11, 2013
    A slow start, which becomes understandable on second and subsequent viewings, with a brilliant finish. This is a highly original film and the effects are outstanding. The pace is perfect given that there are several streams racing towards the ending. Apart from the overall concept, which is brilliant, the soundtrack of Inception is absolutely first rate - in the final scenes of the filmA slow start, which becomes understandable on second and subsequent viewings, with a brilliant finish. This is a highly original film and the effects are outstanding. The pace is perfect given that there are several streams racing towards the ending. Apart from the overall concept, which is brilliant, the soundtrack of Inception is absolutely first rate - in the final scenes of the film I was on the edge of my seat - this is rare in movies these days. The emotional elements were exactly right and the music helped to deliver a magical movie experience. Expand
  86. Jan 1, 2013
    At first its an idea well filmed, perfect plot, neat. But watch it again and its entirely something else. It leaves you with too many unanswered questions which increase with the number of times you think over it in your head. A take at the untapped creative potential of the human mind.
  87. Dec 23, 2012
    An intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructed mythology presented in a maze of emotional depth, plot sophistication, heart-throbbing action and a score that immerses you in this world. StrikinglyAn intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructed mythology presented in a maze of emotional depth, plot sophistication, heart-throbbing action and a score that immerses you in this world. Strikingly thought-provoking and original, Inception is not only the finest film of the year, but one of the finest films ever crafted.
    BRAAAM BRAAAM, indeed.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    This is my kind of movie. I loved the complexity of the idea presented in the movie: reality, fantasy, memory, deception, dreamscapes, etc. Well crafted storyline & I thought all the actors did a great job playing their characters. Some great visuals in this movie, especially in the "dreamscapes". The way the movie ended seems to suggest there might be another to follow. But who knows?
  89. Dec 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

My mind has been blown by Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and now....Inception. Easily alongside the top films of 2010, this film is truly unbelievable in every way. Basically, if you have not seen this film, you have waited way to long, as I did. You must see this film for yourself! There is so much to be said of it, but so few words that can explain it.

The story is simply brilliant, written by Nolan himself. Dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream......just when you think you got everything sorted out, Nolan dishes an ending that, like the characters, makes the audience rethink everything they just viewed.

AMAZING special effects! I figured that they would be good, but I was blown away. The slow-mo, the rotating rooms, the anti-gravity scenes....awesome!

Also the cast is great! I do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, but has yet to make a movie that I have disliked, so his average at best performances do not bother me. I love Ellen Page. Marion Cotillard is incredible in this film. I also loved seeing Cillian Murphy again in a Nolan film. The role of Michael Caine is cool too.

Great, brilliant, mindblowing movie! Check it out!

I'm still a little unsure about whether this is a 5 Star film. I loved it, BUT....I'm not a big fan of the ending. I get it and understand it, but I don't really like it. When I think of previous Nolan films like Following, Memento, The Prestige, the endings really added to the film. The ending made the film even more perfect than they already were. But here, I didn't feel it. I have only seen it once so I'm going to give it a second viewing before I say more. Still...pretty brilliant!
  90. Nov 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action,Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action, drama, or a mystery - it's that multifaceted. The movie features one of the most well thought out plots I've ever seen, featuring an unforgettable cast of colorful characters that are portrayed excellently by their respective actors. In a technical aspect the film is nothing short of brilliant - "Inception" took home most of the technical achievement Oscars at the Academy Awards this year. Another cool facet of the film (one of my favorite aspects of the movie) is the iconic, emotional, and bombastic soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. This is one of those movies that renews my faith in the movie industry, as a whole. Spectacular. Expand
  91. Nov 25, 2012
    Spectacular! Aesthetically perfect, awesome action scenes, and a story that makes you revisit the film again and again to have different interpretations, perfection is the name of this movie.
  92. Nov 7, 2012
    Inception is one of the best films of the year. It refuses to adapt to our world, but instead sucks us into it's universe. Everything is spectacular about this movie. Bravo.
  93. Nov 3, 2012
    There are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. The characters couldn't have been played better. Christopher Nolan doesn't treat his viewers as if they're stupid, but neither does he pretend he's so cleverThere are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. The characters couldn't have been played better. Christopher Nolan doesn't treat his viewers as if they're stupid, but neither does he pretend he's so clever that he immediately confuses everyone. This is a rare summer film that thrills as well as fascinates, providing not just visual treats, but also intellectual ones. Expand
  94. Nov 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El origen (Inception): reseña en castellano / español.

___«El origen» [en inglés «Inception»] es una de las películas más interesantes que vi hasta ahora. Cristopher Nolan, su director [Memento, El caballero de la noche/Dark Night] es respetuoso con el espectador, no exagera y tampoco ofrece contenido gratuito que desmerezca las capacidades intelectuales de su público. La historia está presentada de manera prácticamente impecable porque no deja cabos sueltos y los que quedan trascienden el argumento volviéndose irrelevantes [cómo funciona la tecnología para invadir sueños, en qué marco temporal transcurre la historia o el pasado de algunos personajes de los que el mismo no es relevante para el argumento]. La trama aborda los procesos oníricos de una manera muy interesante y científicamente «plausible» sin embargo se tomaron algunas licencias para justificar los sucedido en la pantalla y eso está muy bien para la historia y muy bien por parte del director porque nos permite construir con mayor fidelidad y veracidad la fantasía que surge como exposición al contenido del film. Aquellos que estén familiarizados con los procesos oníricos así como la mitología y el psicoanálisis [con fuertes raíces mitológicas] se van a deleitar con las referencias expresas, algunas de ellas tan sutiles como los sueños:

*Ariadne, el personaje de Ellen Page que se encarga de la construcción de los laberintos oníricos, toma su nombre del personaje mitológico griego, la hija del rey Minos, que le da a Teseo una bovina con hilo para que desenrolle y pueda salir del laberinto del minotauro a medida que lo incursiona.

*El uso del agua como conducto entre el mundo de los sueños y el real, al igual que la fuerza de gravedad que suele ser un fenómeno que despierta a la gente con bastante frecuencia.

*El empleo de la canción «Non, je ne regrette rien» de Edith Piaf como alerta que tienen los personajes para salir de los sueños porque Marion Cotillard [Mal, la esposa de Cobb] ganó el oscar como mejor actriz protagónica en 2009 por el rol principal en la adaptación cinematográfica de la vida de dicha cantante «La vie en rose».

*El hecho de que la esposa de Cobb se llame Mal y represente la fuerza destructora del inconsciente de Cobb; fuerza que puede ser comparada al arquetipo de la sombra en la psicología Jungiana.

*La ralentización de la percepción del tiempo en el estado onírico y su factorización exponencial a medida que se incrementan los niveles de profundidad del sueño.

*La preparación anticipada que hace Cobb a Fisher antes de la inmersión en el inconsciente de este último: lo hace recordar a su padre y procesar cierta información respecto del mismo para que sea lo último que recuerde antes de dormirse y lo utilice como material de acceso inmediato en la construcción de su realidad onírica.

*El personaje principal representado por Leonardo Di Caprio se llama «Cobb» [un tipo de araña] y su función es moverse por los laberintos construidos cual telas de araña para confundir a su presa, atraparla y obligarla a que se rinda para que ceda la idea que está buscando.

___Si bien en ciertos puntos se puede comparar esta película con la trilogía «Matrix», sólo puede hacerse si uno se basa el similitud de algunos conceptos como el de las realidades irreales y la presencia de mecanismos de defensa dentro de cada realidad que se manifiestan como proyecciones antropomórficas no obstante «El origen» ofrece una experiencia diferente que está basada en el conflicto interno que surge cuando la realidad que nos rodea es amarga e indeseable y una realidad alternativa es lo que más se añora, la capacidad que se tiene para influir la vida de los demás con una simple idea y las consecuencias catastróficas existenciales que eso puede tener tanto para la víctima como morales para el victimario.

___«El origen» es un film que debe ser visto porque es generoso, respetuoso, delicado y gratificante aun si su final no es lo suficientemente contundente después de todo lo que hay que atevesar como espectadores; toda la experiencia vale sus 146 minutos de duración. La realidad fantástica que nos propone Cristopher Nolan requiere de una módica cuota de voluntad y atención considerable pero retribuye con la sensación de haber visto algo complejo en un lenguaje simple, rico y directo que sin duda alguna gratificará a muchos.

(c) Palfrei. 2010-08-16.

Reseña completa [técnica]: http://palfrei.blogspot.com.ar/2010/08/ooxiii-resena-el-origen-inception-esp.html
  95. Oct 26, 2012
    Inception never fails to deliver its great premise through the stylish narrative, the emotionally captivating characters, and, most of all, the extraordinarily stunning visuals.
  96. Oct 15, 2012
    Despite its two- and a half-hour length, it flies by and just like a great dream you don't want to wake up from, even after the end credits start, you'll desperately crave five more minutes.
  97. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Interesting movie, kinda reminds me of an epic Rage-Comic for some reason. Because it's your real-life problems "epicified" into a movie. And the way you're getting trolled at the end, it's like waking up from a dream. Luckily, I'm intelligent enough to "kind of" understand the movie sequences. Epic movie, go watch it :D Expand
  98. Sep 13, 2012
    Brilliant, genius and original. hard for me to understand the movie the first time i watched it, but i felt this movie was something different, so i watched it again and then i understood it. Full of imagination and the acting was super. love it!
  99. Sep 9, 2012
    'Inception' is one of the most unique films I have ever seen. The concept is complex, well thought out and engaging. The visuals are brilliant and really do display HD at it's greatest. The acting is superb, as is the cast. 'Inception', I think, deserves to be called a masterpeice.
    The ending also has you asking yourself "Was it a dream?" and that is the greatest part about this film, it provides so much backstory and depth to the characters but still has you questioning the entire thing, allowing the audience to create their own interpretation and conclusion.
  100. Sep 8, 2012
    Christoper Nolan has produced two of the greatest films of the modern times with Inception and The dark knight rises both over 2 hours long. I could have spent about a day in the dream world. Well this is an absolute powerhouse with complex ideas that challenge your thinking , ensemble cast of young actors ( Ellen page and JGL) and experienced actors (Michael Caine) and of course theChristoper Nolan has produced two of the greatest films of the modern times with Inception and The dark knight rises both over 2 hours long. I could have spent about a day in the dream world. Well this is an absolute powerhouse with complex ideas that challenge your thinking , ensemble cast of young actors ( Ellen page and JGL) and experienced actors (Michael Caine) and of course the amazing Leo Di Caprio who doesn't seem to make a bad movie, visual effects that when you see it in the big screen the theater offers it feels like you are in the dream world The scenes shot across the world and in complex locations that fit perfectly with the storyline allows you to travel to every destination in your imagination. So many hidden meanings ( sorry no spoilers) and to cap it all of Hans Zimmers music just took it to a new level the best film i have ever seen ( yes multiple times) yet there are probably still things in the movie i am yet to discover. It didn't win the Oscar for best picture but anyone who has enjoyed the same experience with this film i have will understand that it doesn't need to be recognized by anyone else. Inception is Perfection Expand

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.