8.6

1. Jan 29, 2015
    Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,JosephChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
  2. Jan 21, 2015
    This is not just Nolan's weakest film to date, I feel it's one of the most overpraised movies of this century. Inception has got to be the most insultingly superficial and unimaginative depiction of the human mind ever put to celluloid. The characterisation is terrible. In fact there is no characterisation. Nothing is revealed about the supporting characters. Their motivations andThis is not just Nolan's weakest film to date, I feel it's one of the most overpraised movies of this century. Inception has got to be the most insultingly superficial and unimaginative depiction of the human mind ever put to celluloid. The characterisation is terrible. In fact there is no characterisation. Nothing is revealed about the supporting characters. Their motivations and intentions are left blank and there's not a shred of humanity in any of them. Half the characters have only one task - to explain the plot to the audience. It almost feels like Nolan distributes the expository dialogue among the unimportant characters and saves the actual bit for the important characters. They're merely subjects to experimentation. And Nolan still doesn't know how to write adult women. Nolan's women tend to be ruled by their lady feelings before ultimately capitulating to the men around them. Mal is, by far, the worst example (so far). Anne Hathaway's Brandt would be second. And this is where Nolan's exposition spins wildly out of control. He spends the first half dictating all the rules of the dreamland and then spends the other half dictating how to break all these rules. And why do all these dreams feel like James Bond movies? I never understood why Inception is soooo action oriented. It almost feels like a video game at times. And there's not a shred of depth to it. I keep asking myself "why did nolan go to such great lengths to make this movie? what is he trying to convey through it?" And the answer is nothing. He's just created a world with no ideas. That's why the movie feels so cold and mechanical. And keep in mind Nolan is often praised for dealing with dark philosophical ideas (especially in Memento and his first 2 batman movies) but Inception doesn't bother with that. It's not just superficial, it's pretentious. This is the perfect example of a film that can fool people into thinking it's profound and deep. It's not. Expand
  3. Dec 23, 2014
    Inception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is top entertainment and should not be missed.
  4. Dec 22, 2014
    Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
  5. Dec 22, 2014
    Using Director Christopher Nolan's slight of hand, he distracts viewers from a convoluted and boring plot with plenty of awesome actions scenes and special effects and Leonardo DiCaprio gives one of his dullest performances of all time. 6/10 (OK)
  6. Dec 16, 2014
    it it amazing move i have't seen before and till.
    after watching movie iknow that director is genius and expecially about O.S.T is very fantastic.
    i love music director hans zimmer too. when i know based music of movie reflect flow of time.
    i'm so scary and incredible. it is best movie in my life .
  7. Dec 14, 2014
    This was such a letdown, really. "Inception" is the rare film that I don't quite agree with the critics. It's got some impressive special effects and an appealing cast, but really that's about it, everything else is way too complex. Probably have to watch more times to fully understand it, but man... wow, what disappointment.

Pros: + Well-chosen cast + Good special effects +

Pros:

+ Well-chosen cast
    + Good special effects
    + Gorgeous cinematography

Cons:

- Convoluted narrative
    - Expository dialogue
    - Uninteresting premise

What a shame.
  8. Nov 26, 2014
    Over rated, over hyped, dull, boring, over the top, ridiculous, confusing, stupid, dumbfounded, silly, special effects, and melodramatic, these are all the words that I would use to describe inception. I can't recommend it.
  9. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  10. Oct 30, 2014
    Often when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’mOften when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’m not thinking to myself that’s Leonardo DiCapprio that’s the Inception character. The score and direction are great. Most of the characters don’t have much too them and the score is a little too much like Dark Knight and is overshadowed by the wakeup music but those are issues that I can easily overlook. It is rare that I can just sitback and enjoy a film without thinking of critiques, the score I’ll give it, etc because Inception has microscopic problems. This film is awesome it blew me away and truly ranks as not just a great film for Nolan to add to his resume but one of the greatest films out there. I loved watching this movie and I can’t wait to see it again. With more and more viewings this could become one of my favorite movies. With Nolan having a film this awesome under his belt I cannot wait for Interstellar because films like this prove how awesome of a filmmaker he is. Then again with Nolan setting the bar so why the question is raised how do you top that. Regardless Inception is amazing brilliant concept, brilliant direction, brilliant acting. See this film if you haven’t already. Expand
  11. Oct 14, 2014
    This is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing these kind of movies Chris...!!
  12. Oct 6, 2014
    That's it. Score says it all.
    Acting. Concept, which is as it is with Nolan, always brilliant.
    The best flick of 2010, or maybe whatever I've watched in the past few years. Period. Christopher Nolan is a magician.
  13. Sep 30, 2014
    One of the most overrated movies of all time. It tries to be a modernized Matrix. But the action was exhilarating and the effects were spectacular which is why Inception gets a 6/10 (decent).
  14. Sep 23, 2014
    I neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready to confront my worst nightmare, or dream.

Inception gives us a very unique plot that does, granted, have elements of other blockbusters, however it's framework is still utterly unique. In a nutshell, Dom Cobb is the most skilled extractor in the world. This means that he is the best as going into people's dreams while they sleep and navigating these dreams in order to steal secrets. However, he and his team are proposed an interesting job that may give Cobb a chance to finally return home to his children. That being, Inception, the act of planting an idea rather than removing one. From there it's up to Cobb and a number of charming or interesting characters to delve into the world of dreams and prevent a new superpower from arising.

First off this films biggest advantage is it's theorizing and presenting new complicated ideas. After seeing this film you will undoubtedly begin scratching your scalp in an effort to figure out what on earth it all meant. The great thing about this film is that you will, at many points, think you get it. You will be certain that you understand, but then something will happen and suddenly, you don't. I had to see this film multiple times in order to even begin to understand it. If you buy this film, don't rent it, buy it on DVD and watch it as many times as you need in order to believe you fully understand. I promise you, it'll be pretty damn difficult.
    In order to go into depth on how confusing this film is, let me tell you what you're in store for. In order for inception to be possible, you must enter the subject's dream. Simple enough. Then someone within the dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream. Then, someone within that dream within a dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream within a dream. Hoo. As you can imagine, the results are quite spectacular.

The next best thing about this film is the special effects and the action. While the gun-play is nothing special, one particular scene involving a hotel corridor and gravity rotating is something that I still cannot process, even after sitting down and taking some Ritalin. While most of the action is good, the special effects are some of the most impressive ones that I've seen as of yet. While they don't exactly scream realistic, they are mind-boggling. I can't describe much, as my vocabulary is only human however this film does contain a large area of Paris suddenly folding over and collapsing on top of itself, creating an enclosed box world where gravity changes based on which surface you stand on. Yeah.

Another excellent thing about Inception is the score. I wouldn't normally praise the soundtrack of a film seeing as how it really is only a thing on the side that merely contributes to a film's feel and mood, but I'm sorry, Hans Zimmer has outdone himself with the soundtrack to Inception so much that I have trouble understanding how he did it. Each and every song is unique, fitting, spine chilling, and most certainly makes the film even better. A really noticeable thing about all of the songs is that they all begin with a tune, which will be added to ten seconds later, then added to again, and again, until the same few notes are bursting with variety and chills. I would highly recommend looking the soundtrack up on youtube, look for "Dream is Collapsing" in particular.

However what almost took the top spot on this movie's excellent diorama of pros is the main character, Cobb. His character itself is nothing special, however throughout the film his past of being affiliated with extraction, inception, and a character called Mal, is hinted at and eventually explained at the end, and the explanation and how the ending plays out is something truly marvellous to behold. It is brilliant watching the story's hints and nudges come together into a delicious ending pudding before the film makes it's brilliant conclusion.

One thing that I must touch on however, is the strength of the final ten seconds of the film. I won't spoil them, however this ending is what gave this film its rating. This ending is what gave everyone that last spot of fuel, that last little ounce of information to finally make the mind collapse in on itself and for you to turn to your film-going companions and go "WHAAAAAAAAAT!?" And this small difference is what makes Inception what it is. Inception is, probably, my new favourite film of all time, and a film like that deserves this. Inceptions scores a 10/10.
  15. Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
  16. Aug 31, 2014
    Meh. A good cast and a good premise wasted. I went and watched this expecting cool action with some psychological twist, what I got was arbitrary mechanics not too far from The Matrix and a movie that doesn't even manage to respect its own set of rules. Once again, Nolan is acclaimed for doing something incredibly average and adorning it with its dark film colors and serious acting to makeMeh. A good cast and a good premise wasted. I went and watched this expecting cool action with some psychological twist, what I got was arbitrary mechanics not too far from The Matrix and a movie that doesn't even manage to respect its own set of rules. Once again, Nolan is acclaimed for doing something incredibly average and adorning it with its dark film colors and serious acting to make it look like it's something more than what it is.

Also, open endings really grind my gears, to me they shout "we want to keep the public guessing so that they'll talk about the movie, even though we didn't put thought at all into this scene, but whatever they'll just think it's intentional and deep and that it stimulates critical thinking!".
  17. Aug 24, 2014
    It's difficult to deny Christopher Nolan the brilliance of his concept. Especially when it is presented as beautifully as it is. An ensemble that will go down in history... but I can't help but wishing it was a tad bit shorter.
  18. Aug 24, 2014
    This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop. The

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
  19. Aug 17, 2014
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Christopher Nolan shows again his talent for making art in a way that will make breathless!
    The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you will understand the film completely. It is that kind of movie that makes you think and the idea is so interesting, that you never get bored! Just a
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Just a great movie and definitely worth watching and buying it!
    Oh and also: Hans Zimmer did another amazing job with the music! Amazing! Goosebumps!
  20. Aug 1, 2014
    Not much to justify all the fuss. "Inception" is, of course, thought-provoking, but does not match genre classics, such as "The Matrix". Perhaps more of an action film that a meaningful sci-fi.
  21. Jul 29, 2014
    Yawn!
    Two and a half hours of personality deprived people talking about dreams while an obnoxious Hans Zimmer horn blares in the background is not my idea of a fun action thriller. 80% of the dialogue is nothing but exposition, so the characters just come off really boring and I end up not caring about them.
  22. Jul 28, 2014
    Wow. Inception. Enough bends and turns and twists to really make your vision funny. But, all in all, this is the best movie I have seen. Ever.
    The main plot of the film was simple, but when you throw in all the 'other' bits it becomes something a little more... interesting. In a good way.
    Christopher Nolan looked at his other movie 'memento' and just went 'You know what. People liked that. Lets do something similar, but not as backwards (literally) as the previous movie!' (don't get me wrong, that was great to).
    Inception takes everything you know about film and he makes it do a full headstand. He gets some of the most proclaimed actors and offers them to do something they really haven't done before. Like walk up a road vertically, or fall into the water slowly, but in real time (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean), and many other amazing things.
    Yes, the plot is somewhat confusing, but it doesn't not say that it isn't amazing. The twisting plot, the special effects and everything in between.
    I have seen it countless times, and it has not changed my viewing experience. I am still amazing four years on at what it has achieved. Christopher Nolan is probably the greatest director at the moment. Not only because of his countless, infinite ideas. But because of the time and effort he has probably put into this movie. If you have not seen it, then have you been living under a rock? The questions simple. If you haven't, go onto Amazon and get it (probably) quite cheap (unless your wanting it in blu-ray. I'm not stopping you buying it in blu-ray, however).
    This is certainly, the greatest film of all time, in my opinion. You may have yours, but I have mine.
  23. Jul 28, 2014
    Tam anlamıyla bir klasik, üzerinden 50 yıl geçse de seyredilmeye devam edecektir. Her filmi iyi olan Di Caprio'nun belki de en iyi filmi. Mutlaka izlenmeli.
  24. Jul 21, 2014
    Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
  25. Jul 21, 2014
    Inception's ending might confuse people but the movie is a well paced sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan, the way that the movie moves and continues is just great, DiCaprio gives one of his best perfromances
  26. Jul 6, 2014
    Another unique movie from the imaginative Christopher Nolan.

Another unique movie from the imaginative Christopher Nolan.

Inception is a masterpiece, because it was a long time ago I saw a such unique and fancy film, and I’m still stunned by how great Nolan makes his movies! The soundtrack was awesome and it really made the film incredible. I’m mostly impressed with the ending, it was both wonderful and mysterious. Inception might not be the best type of movie for me, but it’s still a masterpiece!

It’s not a 9, but it’s close!

Inception gets a 8,8/10
  27. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  28. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  29. May 23, 2014
    Even if you watch 9/11 tapes while reading conspiracy theories on the internet and listening to Silencer, you won't have a more depressing, humorless, dull, pseudo-complex, deadly serious experience than Inception. This movie proves that Chris "Just doin' it for money" Nolan doesn't know what a joke is. His daddy raised him to be a true no-nonsense businessman, and businessmen can neverEven if you watch 9/11 tapes while reading conspiracy theories on the internet and listening to Silencer, you won't have a more depressing, humorless, dull, pseudo-complex, deadly serious experience than Inception. This movie proves that Chris "Just doin' it for money" Nolan doesn't know what a joke is. His daddy raised him to be a true no-nonsense businessman, and businessmen can never lighten up! They also cannot make art, they can make only carefully engineered, emotionally inept, heartless blockbusters. Expand
  30. May 9, 2014
    The best part of the movie Inception is the brilliant direction Nolan gives to this movie other than its acting the visually striking movie gives another amazing movie to the Christopher Nolan canon.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.