8.6

1. Dec 16, 2014
    it it amazing move i have't seen before and till.
    after watching movie iknow that director is genius and expecially about O.S.T is very fantastic.
    i love music director hans zimmer too. when i know based music of movie reflect flow of time.
    i'm so scary and incredible. it is best movie in my life .
  2. Dec 14, 2014
    This was such a letdown, really. "Inception" is the rare film that I don't quite agree with the critics. It's got some impressive special effects and an appealing cast, but really that's about it, everything else is way too complex. Probably have to watch more times to fully understand it, but man... wow, what disappointment.

Pros: + Well-chosen cast + Good special effects +

Pros:

+ Well-chosen cast
    + Good special effects
    + Gorgeous cinematography

Cons:

- Convoluted narrative
    - Expository dialogue
    - Uninteresting premise

What a shame.
  3. Nov 26, 2014
    Over rated, over hyped, dull, boring, over the top, ridiculous, confusing, stupid, dumbfounded, silly, special effects, and melodramatic, these are all the words that I would use to describe inception. I can't recommend it.
  4. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  5. Oct 30, 2014
    Often when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’mOften when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’m not thinking to myself that’s Leonardo DiCapprio that’s the Inception character. The score and direction are great. Most of the characters don’t have much too them and the score is a little too much like Dark Knight and is overshadowed by the wakeup music but those are issues that I can easily overlook. It is rare that I can just sitback and enjoy a film without thinking of critiques, the score I’ll give it, etc because Inception has microscopic problems. This film is awesome it blew me away and truly ranks as not just a great film for Nolan to add to his resume but one of the greatest films out there. I loved watching this movie and I can’t wait to see it again. With more and more viewings this could become one of my favorite movies. With Nolan having a film this awesome under his belt I cannot wait for Interstellar because films like this prove how awesome of a filmmaker he is. Then again with Nolan setting the bar so why the question is raised how do you top that. Regardless Inception is amazing brilliant concept, brilliant direction, brilliant acting. See this film if you haven’t already. Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2014
    This is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing these kind of movies Chris...!!
  7. Oct 6, 2014
    That's it. Score says it all.
    Acting. Concept, which is as it is with Nolan, always brilliant.
    The best flick of 2010, or maybe whatever I've watched in the past few years. Period. Christopher Nolan is a magician.
  8. Sep 30, 2014
    One of the most overrated movies of all time. It tries to be a modernized Matrix. But the action was exhilarating and the effects were spectacular which is why Inception gets a 6/10 (decent).
  9. Sep 23, 2014
    I neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready to confront my worst nightmare, or dream.

Inception gives us a very unique plot that does, granted, have elements of other blockbusters, however it's framework is still utterly unique. In a nutshell, Dom Cobb is the most skilled extractor in the world. This means that he is the best as going into people's dreams while they sleep and navigating these dreams in order to steal secrets. However, he and his team are proposed an interesting job that may give Cobb a chance to finally return home to his children. That being, Inception, the act of planting an idea rather than removing one. From there it's up to Cobb and a number of charming or interesting characters to delve into the world of dreams and prevent a new superpower from arising.

First off this films biggest advantage is it's theorizing and presenting new complicated ideas. After seeing this film you will undoubtedly begin scratching your scalp in an effort to figure out what on earth it all meant. The great thing about this film is that you will, at many points, think you get it. You will be certain that you understand, but then something will happen and suddenly, you don't. I had to see this film multiple times in order to even begin to understand it. If you buy this film, don't rent it, buy it on DVD and watch it as many times as you need in order to believe you fully understand. I promise you, it'll be pretty damn difficult.
    In order to go into depth on how confusing this film is, let me tell you what you're in store for. In order for inception to be possible, you must enter the subject's dream. Simple enough. Then someone within the dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream. Then, someone within that dream within a dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream within a dream. Hoo. As you can imagine, the results are quite spectacular.

The next best thing about this film is the special effects and the action. While the gun-play is nothing special, one particular scene involving a hotel corridor and gravity rotating is something that I still cannot process, even after sitting down and taking some Ritalin. While most of the action is good, the special effects are some of the most impressive ones that I've seen as of yet. While they don't exactly scream realistic, they are mind-boggling. I can't describe much, as my vocabulary is only human however this film does contain a large area of Paris suddenly folding over and collapsing on top of itself, creating an enclosed box world where gravity changes based on which surface you stand on. Yeah.

Another excellent thing about Inception is the score. I wouldn't normally praise the soundtrack of a film seeing as how it really is only a thing on the side that merely contributes to a film's feel and mood, but I'm sorry, Hans Zimmer has outdone himself with the soundtrack to Inception so much that I have trouble understanding how he did it. Each and every song is unique, fitting, spine chilling, and most certainly makes the film even better. A really noticeable thing about all of the songs is that they all begin with a tune, which will be added to ten seconds later, then added to again, and again, until the same few notes are bursting with variety and chills. I would highly recommend looking the soundtrack up on youtube, look for "Dream is Collapsing" in particular.

However what almost took the top spot on this movie's excellent diorama of pros is the main character, Cobb. His character itself is nothing special, however throughout the film his past of being affiliated with extraction, inception, and a character called Mal, is hinted at and eventually explained at the end, and the explanation and how the ending plays out is something truly marvellous to behold. It is brilliant watching the story's hints and nudges come together into a delicious ending pudding before the film makes it's brilliant conclusion.

One thing that I must touch on however, is the strength of the final ten seconds of the film. I won't spoil them, however this ending is what gave this film its rating. This ending is what gave everyone that last spot of fuel, that last little ounce of information to finally make the mind collapse in on itself and for you to turn to your film-going companions and go "WHAAAAAAAAAT!?" And this small difference is what makes Inception what it is. Inception is, probably, my new favourite film of all time, and a film like that deserves this. Inceptions scores a 10/10.
  10. Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
  11. Aug 31, 2014
    Meh. A good cast and a good premise wasted. I went and watched this expecting cool action with some psychological twist, what I got was arbitrary mechanics not too far from The Matrix and a movie that doesn't even manage to respect its own set of rules. Once again, Nolan is acclaimed for doing something incredibly average and adorning it with its dark film colors and serious acting to makeMeh. A good cast and a good premise wasted. I went and watched this expecting cool action with some psychological twist, what I got was arbitrary mechanics not too far from The Matrix and a movie that doesn't even manage to respect its own set of rules. Once again, Nolan is acclaimed for doing something incredibly average and adorning it with its dark film colors and serious acting to make it look like it's something more than what it is.

Also, open endings really grind my gears, to me they shout "we want to keep the public guessing so that they'll talk about the movie, even though we didn't put thought at all into this scene, but whatever they'll just think it's intentional and deep and that it stimulates critical thinking!".
  12. Aug 24, 2014
    It's difficult to deny Christopher Nolan the brilliance of his concept. Especially when it is presented as beautifully as it is. An ensemble that will go down in history... but I can't help but wishing it was a tad bit shorter.
  13. Aug 24, 2014
    This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop. The

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
  14. Aug 17, 2014
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Christopher Nolan shows again his talent for making art in a way that will make breathless!
    The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you will understand the film completely. It is that kind of movie that makes you think and the idea is so interesting, that you never get bored! Just a
    This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
    Just a great movie and definitely worth watching and buying it!
    Oh and also: Hans Zimmer did another amazing job with the music! Amazing! Goosebumps!
  15. Aug 1, 2014
    Not much to justify all the fuss. "Inception" is, of course, thought-provoking, but does not match genre classics, such as "The Matrix". Perhaps more of an action film that a meaningful sci-fi.
  16. Jul 29, 2014
    Yawn!
    Two and a half hours of personality deprived people talking about dreams while an obnoxious Hans Zimmer horn blares in the background is not my idea of a fun action thriller. 80% of the dialogue is nothing but exposition, so the characters just come off really boring and I end up not caring about them.
  17. Jul 28, 2014
    Wow. Inception. Enough bends and turns and twists to really make your vision funny. But, all in all, this is the best movie I have seen. Ever.
    The main plot of the film was simple, but when you throw in all the 'other' bits it becomes something a little more... interesting. In a good way.
    Christopher Nolan looked at his other movie 'memento' and just went 'You know what. People liked that. Lets do something similar, but not as backwards (literally) as the previous movie!' (don't get me wrong, that was great to).
    Inception takes everything you know about film and he makes it do a full headstand. He gets some of the most proclaimed actors and offers them to do something they really haven't done before. Like walk up a road vertically, or fall into the water slowly, but in real time (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean), and many other amazing things.
    Yes, the plot is somewhat confusing, but it doesn't not say that it isn't amazing. The twisting plot, the special effects and everything in between.
    I have seen it countless times, and it has not changed my viewing experience. I am still amazing four years on at what it has achieved. Christopher Nolan is probably the greatest director at the moment. Not only because of his countless, infinite ideas. But because of the time and effort he has probably put into this movie. If you have not seen it, then have you been living under a rock? The questions simple. If you haven't, go onto Amazon and get it (probably) quite cheap (unless your wanting it in blu-ray. I'm not stopping you buying it in blu-ray, however).
    This is certainly, the greatest film of all time, in my opinion. You may have yours, but I have mine.
  18. Jul 28, 2014
    Tam anlamıyla bir klasik, üzerinden 50 yıl geçse de seyredilmeye devam edecektir. Her filmi iyi olan Di Caprio'nun belki de en iyi filmi. Mutlaka izlenmeli.
  19. Jul 21, 2014
    Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
  20. Jul 21, 2014
    Inception's ending might confuse people but the movie is a well paced sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan, the way that the movie moves and continues is just great, DiCaprio gives one of his best perfromances
  21. Jul 6, 2014
    Another unique movie from the imaginative Christopher Nolan.

Another unique movie from the imaginative Christopher Nolan.

Inception is a masterpiece, because it was a long time ago I saw a such unique and fancy film, and I’m still stunned by how great Nolan makes his movies! The soundtrack was awesome and it really made the film incredible. I’m mostly impressed with the ending, it was both wonderful and mysterious. Inception might not be the best type of movie for me, but it’s still a masterpiece!

It’s not a 9, but it’s close!

Inception gets a 8,8/10
  22. Jun 22, 2014
    Inception' tries very hard to be ground-breaking but surprisingly I would call it below average. Inception fails in achieving everything that Nolan usually does brilliantly. Inception is one of Nolan's weakest screenplays. The people who think that Inception is a very clever and smart film are the one's who are being fooled by Nolan. The entire Act 1 was dragged and stretched and was allInception' tries very hard to be ground-breaking but surprisingly I would call it below average. Inception fails in achieving everything that Nolan usually does brilliantly. Inception is one of Nolan's weakest screenplays. The people who think that Inception is a very clever and smart film are the one's who are being fooled by Nolan. The entire Act 1 was dragged and stretched and was all about about establishing rules most of which seemed to broken towards the end. In fact the rules just started to become random towards the end. The character development was very very poor. They're wooden, heartless and almost seem as though they exist as mere subjects of experimentation. The only 2 characters portrayed well were Cobb and Mal. The entire idea of "The Kick" doesn't make much sense. They started off saying that it was the effect of Gravity, the sense of falling that wakes you up. But then how is it that no one woke up when the Van was rotating and fell to a lower ground? How is it that no one woke up during the period when the Van was falling from the bridge? Why did the kick, kick in only when the Van touched the water? The introduction of Limbo is completely pointless. So if you're highly sedated, and you kill yourself in a dream, you wake up in Limbo, but if you kill yourself in Limbo you wake up? Why didn't they just think of doing that when Saito was shot. (And for some reason Saito had men working for him in Limbo as well.) The entire plot of taking over Fischer's company seems a bit too McGuffin-y. Inception took all it's ideas from an animated film called Paprika and unlike Inception, Paprika treated it's characters as humans rather than machines. This has always been Nolan's problem. The characters (in Inception, The Prestige, Insomnia and even Memento to an extent ) are so emotionless that you don't even care about most of them. That's what he got right in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. You don't feel emotionally detached in them. There's always a risk that these types of films may outsmart themselves, I'm not sure if that's what happened with Inception but of the back of a couple of extraordinary films, one would expect better. Expand
  23. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  24. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  25. May 23, 2014
    Even if you watch 9/11 tapes while reading conspiracy theories on the internet and listening to Silencer, you won't have a more depressing, humorless, dull, pseudo-complex, deadly serious experience than Inception. This movie proves that Chris "Just doin' it for money" Nolan doesn't know what a joke is. His daddy raised him to be a true no-nonsense businessman, and businessmen can neverEven if you watch 9/11 tapes while reading conspiracy theories on the internet and listening to Silencer, you won't have a more depressing, humorless, dull, pseudo-complex, deadly serious experience than Inception. This movie proves that Chris "Just doin' it for money" Nolan doesn't know what a joke is. His daddy raised him to be a true no-nonsense businessman, and businessmen can never lighten up! They also cannot make art, they can make only carefully engineered, emotionally inept, heartless blockbusters. Expand
  26. May 9, 2014
    The best part of the movie Inception is the brilliant direction Nolan gives to this movie other than its acting the visually striking movie gives another amazing movie to the Christopher Nolan canon.
  27. Apr 22, 2014
    this film was dazzling, breathtaking, and electrifying. the story was good enough, the graphic was cool enough, and the acting of the actor was very cool
  28. Apr 20, 2014
    I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
  29. Apr 12, 2014
    Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.

Featuring a stellar cast Inception could have been a complete disaster in the hands of a less capable director. The way in which Nolan utilizes astounding visual effects to continually add deeper and deeper layers to the concept without making everything too difficult to follow is truly masterful however and makes for one of the most spectacular films ever to grace cinema screens. To say anymore would be to spoil the movie for those that haven’t seen and suffice to say you should certainly see it.
  30. Apr 9, 2014
    This movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have ever heard in a movie. 10/10
  31. Apr 4, 2014
    This movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact that my mind would coast and just go somewhere else, it was a really complex movie and confusing to understand. The thing about this movie is it makes youThis movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact that my mind would coast and just go somewhere else, it was a really complex movie and confusing to understand. The thing about this movie is it makes you think, a lot. Even the little things in this movie confused for example the names in it were so unheard of and complex I couldn't tell who was who. The only character I knew by name was the one Leonardo DiCaprio played because he played a character with a really simple name. Another thing that really bothered me was the sound, it was so bad I had to turn my TV up all the way for various parts of the movie, then the sound would get really loud and I'd have to turn my TV back down and that's just something that really annoyed me when watching this movie. Overall I didn't like this movie because it was really hard to concentrate on it and understand what exactly is going on. When I did know what was going on it was an amazing movie. The movie had a spectacular ending it made my heart tingle. Expand
  32. Apr 2, 2014
    A very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely a film that doesn't mess around in terms of story and I think that it's a smart film that you will enjoy; in fact this film has a pretty crazy ending thatA very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely a film that doesn't mess around in terms of story and I think that it's a smart film that you will enjoy; in fact this film has a pretty crazy ending that will probably even drive you a bit crazy. But overall, Inception is a very good movie, I'd recommend it. Expand
  33. Mar 31, 2014
    The buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessential puzzling summer blockbuster archetype. Nolan will not co-write and direct something more perfect.
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    Christopher Nolan's foray into independent blockbuster territory is a complex, definitely ambitious and more importantly a thought provoking film that might leave you scratching your head at the end but rest assured is a very satisfying metaphysical experience. A standing testimony to why the thinking man's Hollywood blockbuster isn't dead, not as long as we have a Nolan and a Cameron.
  35. Mar 8, 2014
    An amazing film not only to hang out, but I understand the plot cost much at first. Either way is great and lots of action. Christopher Nolan is seen that nothing gets wasted no Inception, and hopefully see it work on other projects as well.
  36. iXF
    Feb 22, 2014
    Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.
  37. Feb 5, 2014
    10/10 one of the best movies ever

first thing i read a post about the music that it drove a person insane? are you insane? hans zimmer one of the best movie music composer around lately, the song time was outstanding. about the movie all positive good story , good acting especially at the end , good music. just a masterpieces. all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is
    10/10 one of the best movies ever

all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is wrong with you
  38. Feb 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 看似难懂其实本片相对于诺兰得早期作品而言可谓相当易懂,电影充满想像力,精彩刺激,特别是三层梦境中的连环剪辑十分出彩,结尾很棒,特效超赞,配乐超级震撼,影片背后的意义则令人深思。 Expand
  39. Feb 3, 2014
    Intseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) asIntseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) as a conductor in charge of the details of the operation. Ariadne (Ellen Page) as orhitektora responsible for the construction of the world of dreams. Eames (Tom Hardy) as imetatora that can create an image of any person. Yusuf (Dileep Rao) to create a special hypnotic immersion in the world of dreams. Expand
  40. Jan 25, 2014
    As good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earning viewer. Perfection.
  41. Jan 24, 2014
    This is one movie that when I walked out I felt I just experienced a rare classic action/thriller. In Nolan's best movie to date Inception is the next Matrix.
  42. Jan 8, 2014
    One of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely theOne of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely the best movie of 2010. All hail Christopher Nolan. Expand
  43. Jan 2, 2014
    Inception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film because everyone kept raving about how good it was, but I should know better. The films that tend to be overrated are the films I hate the most, such as SkyfallInception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film because everyone kept raving about how good it was, but I should know better. The films that tend to be overrated are the films I hate the most, such as Skyfall and Avatar. I found Inception confusing to follow and there was too much going on at once and too many characters kept on being introduced. I just found this film boring and there was too much action to much up for the crap storyline. I am really disappointed in this film.

Grade: D-
  44. Dec 31, 2013
    After a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of myAfter a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of my family members and friends to watch it. Never once was I bored, my attention always completely on the movie. I would most definitely watch this movie again, I would recommend to anyone no matter what their movie 'type' is because I just loved it so much. The actors chosen played the characters exceptionally well, just over-all the film is a definite must on your 'watched-movies' list. Expand
  45. Dec 31, 2013
    Incepted!

Incepted!

When I first saw Inception it had such an effect on mind that I was driven to keep thinking about this Christopher Nolan's masterpiece for days together. Nolan’s movies make your brains work out and think and think more, his movies need your complete attention while viewing and this one is no different. Inception is not so difficult to interpret as Memento but definitely has more emotional weight than it. For a how-can-one-think-a-story-like-this screenplay by Nolan, Hans Zimmer’s evergreen score, the astonishing concept for the plot, good performances by the cast, stunning cinematography defying the concept of 'reality', the ambiguous nature of the whole film and the way it has been put together and directed it remains my as my favorite movie till date.
  46. Dec 13, 2013
    Inception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the Stanley Kubrick of his time.
  47. Dec 13, 2013
    The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult partsThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
  48. Dec 6, 2013
    Inception have the best original idea i have ever seen and Nolan execute it to the level of perfection, it's a masterpiece in all it's elements.
    the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
    the performances are spectacular and the plot is imaginary.
    i never gave a movie 10 out of 10 before but inception easily deserve it.
  49. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  50. Nov 21, 2013
    This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
  51. Nov 18, 2013
    I'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the filmI'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the film immensely, and that all the people I know who are "disappointed" by Inception are, in my opinion at least, individuals who are very quick to judge, irrational, whimsical, and unoriginal. It's quite a comedy just watching a large percentage of the population explode in tantrums by giving mindless scores below 2/10, just as a toddlers would when they fail to understand something. Expand
  52. Nov 17, 2013
    Inception is exceptional.
    The movie is incredible with great special effects and an impressive script. Nolan once again puts on one of his famous ending twists making the film extremely entertaining in and out. The acting is good and the idea is genius.
  53. Nov 12, 2013
    A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
    **Inception**
    A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
    **Inception**

*This movie is a complete master piece and one of the best movies of all the time It has brilliant architectures of dramatic screenplay amazing visual effects & great direction.The film shown itself to be master of all mind twisting movies of all time The director and screen play writer Christopher Nolan has proved himself to be one best directors of all the time He is extremely brilliant in making movies which are fascinating and unique. This film sparkles as gem stones with amazing visual effects and brilliant screen play This movie has a perfect cast of talented actors and their performance in this movie are absolutely stunning. Each actors has done an outstanding job of perfecting their respective roles in this film.The characters are very well developed they display an amazing performance which stood as a backbone support for the entire movie In category of music the sound tracks and background effects are fantastic it gives the thrill and excitement for the whole movie The action sequence and visual effects has done an outstanding job during screen play its beautifully displayed and inspiring to watch .These major components are one of the factors for this film being hugely successful. This movie is EPIC through out its scale Delivering you the satisfaction of experiencing the excitement and thrill which you would have never expected !.

Inception:**********

(10/10) Stars
  54. Oct 29, 2013
    Just a heap of excruciatingly long and dull action sequences that drag on and on, and in between them there's pseudo-intellectual explanatory dialogue that has no life or feeling to it. That's the whole movie.
    It's amazing what this generation views as a "masterpiece", a movie with no real plot or story, no character development, depth, or emotional engagement; just boring scenes that play out like a video game, "Complete this dream level... now on to the next dream level..." It has no soul, it's a borefest from start to finish.

True as some say, it has awesome special effects, but so do cologne commercials. When will people understand that special effects don't make a movie?

And to anyone saying it's a "smart" movie; that understanding it makes you more intelligent than people who don't; trust me on this, you're an idiot. There was huge hype surrounding this film, you were told how it's targeted at the intellectuals, how "it's not a movie for everyone", and the goal of this was to convince simpletons like you that understanding the plot makes you intelligent, and that anyone who didn't like it was because he's too stupid to understand it. That couldn't be further from the truth, you are a complete idiot as you are unable to see when people are playing mind tricks on you. I can't help but to think how they laughed at all the people who bought into the hype they created, how they made people overlook what a boring piece of trash they made with simple psychological marketing.

tl;dr: This movie was made to make stupid people feel smart.
  55. Oct 26, 2013
    An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
  56. Oct 26, 2013
    Inception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such anInception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such an incredible thing. Expand
  57. Oct 1, 2013
    Inception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and the production team was keen on the special effects and sound effects. This is truly a sci-fi movie worth watching especially for those who are in love with theInception is amazing movie with a quite well thought out plot. Originality shines upon the script and the storyline in this movie and it is like no other you have watched. The actors have done a fantastic job with the acting and the production team was keen on the special effects and sound effects. This is truly a sci-fi movie worth watching especially for those who are in love with the aspect of the human mind and the dream state. Expand
  58. Sep 26, 2013
    Inception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this film a masterpiece or something extremely original? Not at all. I do like Christopher Nolan's films, but him being hailed as a "genius" is hilarious.Inception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this film a masterpiece or something extremely original? Not at all. I do like Christopher Nolan's films, but him being hailed as a "genius" is hilarious. There are countless directors much better than him, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of films much better than this one. The more I think about this movie, the more I realize that it's nothing more than a solid summer blockbuster. The film is full of stock characters, the film has a lack of any philosophical ambitions or heavy complex themes to truly make it a work of art that can be analyzed for decades to come. What Nolan did do is create a smart summer blockbuster. In this day and age, that's gotta count for something. My Rating:7.8 Expand
  59. Sep 22, 2013
    Have you ever had a dream that you woke up from than found out you was still dreaming? In the movie
    "Inception," they get real deep inside the dreams. This movie is worth watching for the imagination, and all the crazy things you see, but I found myself wishing it would just end. I just did not care what happened to the characters.
  60. Sep 19, 2013
    Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing howNolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
  61. Sep 8, 2013
    This is probably one of the best movies in recent years. A perfect science fiction film that is still based in reality but still features a solid plotline. It's not nearly as "deep" as some people make it out to be, but it's still a fantastic film.
  62. Aug 10, 2013
    It was my favourite Movie. Inception is the best Nolan's movie until now and better than The Dark Knight I love Ariadne and Cobb They are like Joel and Ellie :D :D :D :D I watch Inception more than 10x :D :D Sorry if my English is bad :D
  63. Aug 10, 2013
    its a amazing wonderfully film ,
    how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
    its a film that never seen b 4
    Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler stars & so many think that make a great Blockbuster
  64. Jul 30, 2013
    I tried to watch this movie hew times, and it just doesn't work! Part about dreams is really incredible, but I was immediately turned off after first fifteen minutes of pointless lies about dreams and dreaming. Film is so boring for me and has no magic to keep my eyes and mind concentrated. Respect for Nolan, but this one and The Dark Knight are greatly overrated movies, and I leave noI tried to watch this movie hew times, and it just doesn't work! Part about dreams is really incredible, but I was immediately turned off after first fifteen minutes of pointless lies about dreams and dreaming. Film is so boring for me and has no magic to keep my eyes and mind concentrated. Respect for Nolan, but this one and The Dark Knight are greatly overrated movies, and I leave no chance to tell everyone about it. Expand
  65. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  66. Jun 24, 2013
    Yes, I said masterpiece.

Yes, I said masterpiece.

This is going to be difficult, since saying too much here is surely damaging to the movie going experience. This film has been criticized as much as it has been praised, and all for the same thing, the depth of the script. Yes, this film can be hard to grasp IF you aren't paying attention, but it really isn't too complicated to follow if you walk in with the right mindset. My brother hated this film, but he went with a bunch of reckless teenagers who talked throughout the whole movie. This isn't your typical action film; you have to actually `watch' this one. I went with my wife.

We LOVED it.

Simply put, `Inception' is about a man named Cobb who, due to his profession, has been separated from the ones he loves. His wife is dead and he has been charged with her murder. If he returns to the states, he will be incarcerated. So, for the time being, he is not able to see his children. What it is that Cobb does is someone complicated. He uses dreams to steal valuable ideas from influential people. Using technology suited for this task, he enters the mind of the sleeping, builds dreamscapes inside their minds and creates an alternate reality that allows him to extract whatever it is he is paid to find.

It's not as hard to follow as it sounds.

At the films outset we are shown just how this works. After a botched job, Cobb and his partner Arthur are given a proposition; to perform inception. With this job would come the ability to return home and see his children. There is a small problem though. Inception is much different and much more complicated a procedure because it involves implanting an idea, not stealing one. This is harder because it is a much deeper deception; for in order for the idea to take root and grow, Cobb and his team have to make it feel as though the `victim' has come up with this idea all on his own.

It has to feel real.

Christopher Nolan has a huge following, especially after his brilliant `The Dark Knight', which garnered lots of praise, attention and even an Oscar or two. While that film continues to grow on me in ways unprecedented (not really, but you get the picture...it is brilliant), there is no denying that Nolan continues to show the goods. `Inception' is so smart it's scary. Nolan understands that society in general gravitates towards the action film. It is the big Hollywood summer blockbuster. It is a way to make a lot of money. BUT, Nolan also understands that big explosions and million-dollar effects cannot take the place of a smart and involved script. He has continued to build a name for himself by marrying the two components beautifully, and `Inception' is no exception. The film is complex yet free-flowing. The pacing is exceptional. The dramatic overtones are all there in spades, especially since the main characters are fleshed out and given life (Cobb becomes three dimensional, and his back-story is just as entrancing as the films actual plot without ever taking away from it). Some have mentioned that the acting is standard fare, and then some have raved Leonardo DiCaprio and claimed this the best performance of his career. I don't agree with either statement (best of his career...really?) but I came very close to writing this review as a `best in show' piece and somewhat Oscar FYC for Marion Cotillard, who is just plain OUTSTANDING in this film.

Anyways, I decided not to (but a surprise Oscar nomination for her would be AMAZING and totally deserved).

That said, this film is very, very good. I fully expect it to snag a slew of Oscar nominations (including Best Picture and Best Director) and it will be deserved. No, this film is not the best film ever made (come on fanboys, you are giving the film itself a bad name) but it is a truly impressive feat for the genre and it further cements Nolan's name as one of the most impressive and imaginative directors of his generation.
  67. Jun 23, 2013
    Wow, reviewers on IMDb have to lighten up a bit. God forbid a movie makes you think and question something. This is one of my favorite moves. Coming out of the theater and thinking about what you just saw isn't a bad thing, and people have to realize that.
  68. Jun 14, 2013
    I have seen a lot of great movies, but not all of them has that EPIC feel that Christopher Nolan usually delivers in his movies.

Inception is not just EPIC, Inception is EPICNESS itself !!
    A Brilliant plot, a perfect cast, an amazing direction and production, and of course, a powerful and unique soundtrack.

In my Top 3, for sure
  69. Jun 12, 2013
    A mind blowing film. Great acting, directing, cinematography, storyline, etc. A must see.
  70. Jun 10, 2013
    This movie is... awesome. If someone didn't like this film he must be probably too stupid to understand this. Great film,Effects and blabla casting. An expected Nolan's masterpiece
  71. Jun 9, 2013
    I bow before the brilliance of Christopher Nolan. My favorite movie of 2010 and easily one of my favorite movies of the last ten years. An absolutely flawless piece of film making.
  72. Jun 5, 2013
    its almost perfect for me! Inception does whole mind blowing things inside your head, and its not only about mind blowing stuff but it has a great story because Nolan know the best.. this movie deserved more and more applause.. Good job Nolan!
  73. Jun 4, 2013
    Una obra maestra en efectos visuales, buen equipo de actores, la actuación de Cotillard me pareció muy buena e intensa, esta película nos sumerge en ese espectacular mundo de sueños.
  74. May 23, 2013
    Totally Different concept, good direction and DiCaprio, what more could u want
  75. May 13, 2013
    Nolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most original available in Hollywood films. This movie is known to be confusing but if your mindful, you'll realize this movie is one of the best in recent time.Nolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most original available in Hollywood films. This movie is known to be confusing but if your mindful, you'll realize this movie is one of the best in recent time. Definitely worth a watch. In addition, the soundtrack for this movie is just awesome, I even caught myself downloading some of the tracks Expand
  76. May 13, 2013
    Perhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressivePerhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressive cinematography, even if you understood the story. I would give his cinematographer's name, but even though I know it, I know I'd spell it wrong. I've heard the movie Paprika had a great influence on Inception so I don't quite know exactly how original it actually is, but rest assured, it's definitely unique among mega budgeted action films. With it's arthouse sensibilities, huge scale, impressive visual effects, ambiguous ending, and enough (possibly) pseudo intellectuality to give Freud a headache, Inception marks a new era in blockbuster filmmaking, and will permanently cling to the deep recesses of your mind. Expand
  77. May 10, 2013
    This is undoubtedly the best movie of Nolan, its complex plot and theme of the film are extremely catchy, the acting is good especially for DiCaprio, who in my opinion is his best film.
  78. May 4, 2013
    I see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone to enjoy. What Christopher Nolan has accomplished with Inception is not only his masterpiece, but also one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. While thisI see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone to enjoy. What Christopher Nolan has accomplished with Inception is not only his masterpiece, but also one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. While this movie can't quite overshadow The Matrix, it does puts the movie to shame and every other movie that deals with the verge between reality and fantasy. The way they explain the mechanics of how the dream works just makes it feel very real (because, in retrospective, they kind of make sense), and the performances in this movie are all excellent; they feel natural and makes you feel like they have done this for ever. The only negative I can think of is that it really takes a lot of concentration to keep up with, because it's very involve with how dreams work. This movie will surpass (if not meet) your expectations because it goes beyond from were you think it's going. I saw it the day that it was released and for does people who said it wasn't cool I told "Then get your tickets for Transformers 2, G.I JOE, or Clash of the Titans, because this is as good as 2010 is going to get". Expand
  79. Apr 20, 2013
    This movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and theThis movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and the storyline go, they work together excellently. I do admit that the storyline is really confusing, but once you get use to the movies' beauty, it's really an amazing and captivating movie. Christopher Nolan is the only person I know that can make a movie about dreams very interesting. Overall, it's a mind-bending sci-fi movie on dreams. Expand
  80. Apr 8, 2013
    Inception is one of the most complicated and compelling films ever made. Its one of my all time favorite films for many reasons. Its been talked about for years now and it will be talked about for years to come and it truly deserves at least that much.
  81. Apr 7, 2013
    Thought you understood this movie? You're wrongs....
    Watch this: http://youtu.be/ginQNMiRu2w
  82. Apr 5, 2013
    Awesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont really know if he was in the real world or not. There were some nice twist and effects that are rare. Long story short i really like that movie. Best movieAwesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont really know if he was in the real world or not. There were some nice twist and effects that are rare. Long story short i really like that movie. Best movie like 5 years ago. Expand
  83. Mar 26, 2013
    What a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell even Ellen Page was great. The special effects were fantastic. The music my god the music is breath taking. The film approaches a lot of subject matters,What a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell even Ellen Page was great. The special effects were fantastic. The music my god the music is breath taking. The film approaches a lot of subject matters, at 1st glance it seems like a normal sci fi movie with dreams but the film does more it shows how burrying memories can lead to more pain and suffering, or sometimes you just have to let go. Overall Inception isn't only one of the best films of all time it's definately in the top 10 best films ever. Expand
  84. Mar 25, 2013
    Inception is one of those rare blockbuster films which manages to be original and intelligent at the same time. Unlike most Hollywood movies, Christopher Nolan delivers a film which isn't afraid to dare the audience, and wholly expects them to be smart enough to move along with plot, rewarding them when they do so. Epic in scale, majestic in music, the film is complex yet fascinating, withInception is one of those rare blockbuster films which manages to be original and intelligent at the same time. Unlike most Hollywood movies, Christopher Nolan delivers a film which isn't afraid to dare the audience, and wholly expects them to be smart enough to move along with plot, rewarding them when they do so. Epic in scale, majestic in music, the film is complex yet fascinating, with interesting concepts, an engaging storyline, a well-acted cast, and thrilling action set pieces. Inception is definitely one of my favorite films of all time, and could very well be one of yours too. Expand
  85. Mar 24, 2013
    Obviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which time passes.

Christopher Nolan took ten years to make this film conduct comprising the ability of people to enter the world of dreams. No technological explanations such as "Star Trek" as works of such a feat, so there is a script built like a maze where the goal of Dom Cob (Leonardo DiCaprio) is more valuable than money, but the ways to achieve this are as complex as those dreams where the information is.
    In the first hour set the game with the use of visual effects able to keep the mouth open, all depending on the plot demands it and not as mere filler.
    People often compare it with Matrix, but they should do so, which as the minutes pass such thinking is diluted to discover that it is an authentic work that deviates from what we have seen before.
    The performances are absolutely flawless, the story is more than epic and the visuals, without comment.
    Maybe some were disappointed to see the same elements but always served in a maze of ingenious script that the rest will make them feel satisfied.
    My Score: 100 Excellent.
  86. Mar 24, 2013
    A complicated mix of a twisted drama.
  87. Mar 24, 2013
    A confusing, complex thriller with tons of action and suspense sure to entertain all kinds of viewers. Inception gets you thinking, and that's a good thing, even if it's sometimes hard to understand. It shows you the power of the mind and dreams, which I thought was very interesting, unlike any movie I've seen before.
  88. Mar 20, 2013
    Hell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would say this is one of the top 10 films in 2010. The CGI like for instense ("The city folding over ontop of itself") was pretty good and creative. I say watchHell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would say this is one of the top 10 films in 2010. The CGI like for instense ("The city folding over ontop of itself") was pretty good and creative. I say watch it for something different. Expand
  89. Mar 18, 2013
    Fascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the finalFascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the final minutes it really takes your heart too. Marion Cotillard: damn she´s only in a few minutes and her performance and character are so important. It´s breathtaking, innovative and entertaining. It also makes you think and stays on your mind for days. One can´t ask for more. One more thing that is essential: the score. It´s so breathtaking it stays on your mind. One of my favorite scores of all times. The film is almost perfect. Only few people giving it low ratings are the ones so accustomed to mediocre action films that they went to see this thinking it was about brainless action and their brains could not handle it. Incredible film. One of those you can see again and again. Expand
  90. Mar 13, 2013
    Inception will keep you thinking, keep you confused, and keep you hooked. This science-fiction film will leave you thinking even after the last shocking scene. And Christopher Nolan wants us to, for this is his most imaginative film since The Prestige and Memento. Good luck ever dreaming the same way again.
  91. Mar 10, 2013
    An extremely entertaining and exciting movie. It as a creative plot that makes you think at least a little while you watch the movie. The entire cast does a good job in this film and the special effects are spectacular. It mixes action and a sci-fi like plot. Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone that wants to view a fantastic action filled film. It keeps you entertained theAn extremely entertaining and exciting movie. It as a creative plot that makes you think at least a little while you watch the movie. The entire cast does a good job in this film and the special effects are spectacular. It mixes action and a sci-fi like plot. Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone that wants to view a fantastic action filled film. It keeps you entertained the entire time and is in no way disappointing! It's definitely worth a view! Expand
  92. Mar 4, 2013
    The only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they wantThe only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they want more movies that ate just as we'll made as this masterpiece, and not a sequel to robots bashing each other senselessly. Christopher Nolan has brought new ground to Hollywood and has proven that the lowest common denominators are not as dumb as you think.

Inception is a triumph of cinema, scifi storytelling and just overall realisation of a concept that isn't all that easy to translate on screen. 10/10
  93. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is really one candidate for the best film ever. I recommended everyone to watch this movie, ideally more then once. Its has a complex and deep plot mixed with various mainstream elements. A Blockbuster.
  94. Feb 5, 2013
    I said that The Dark Knight was Christopher Nolan's masterpiece. I WAS WRONG! This is the best movie EVER! It has an amazing storyline and an equally as amazing cast. if you haven't seen this movie, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!
  95. Feb 4, 2013
    This movie is enjoyable with a very interesting premise and the fact it takes place within dreams lets the movie do some really cool stuff. The plot is pretty confusing and many of the characters motives were lost on me. But after watching it for a second time I can forgive the confusing plot and focus on the great characters, fantastic action and great special effects.
  96. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    This is one movie that will make your head hurt, in a good way, this is Nolan's best film yet, and this is the guy who directed The Dark Knight, the complexity of the movie is what makes it so good, the ending is quite a cliffhanger too. And the visual effects are amazing. This is my favorite movie. Period.
  97. Jan 31, 2013
    A perfect mix of intelligence and originality. Truly a masterpiece.
  98. Jan 27, 2013
    I can honestly say that Inception is an excelent film and that it has one of my favorite directors, Christopher Nolanm doing the best he can and with great visuals and acting
  99. Jan 15, 2013
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    No, not because of its apparently complex storyline and premise, which I find rather simple to follow, as it is clearly explained throughout the film. Rather more its gripping tale of taking a simple idea in our mind, and create pretty much whatever we see fit.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting information from a subjects subconscious. To return to a life of peace with his children, Cobb is asked to commit 'Inception', planting an idea inside a subjects subconscious while they are asleep.
    Christopher Nolan has created not necessarily something to baffle and dumbfound the audience, but a big-budget look at what we can create using something that will never go away...an idea.
    Cobb, with the aid of his associate Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) pull together a team to help infiltrate the mind of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). The team consists of Ellen Page as the architect (creating the dream world) Ariadne, expert forger Eames (Tom Hardy) and Mr Saito (Ken Watanabe), the business man trying to remove the competition of dissolving Fischer's fathers corporation, through Inception. While stunning visuals, epic set pieces and superb storytelling are all a-plenty, its the source which created these excellent moments that is the most wonderous part of the film, the unique, mind-provoking, yet simplistic plot of dreaming. It's all a wonderfully scripted puzzle which we, the viewer, must piece together, make us think and question what we believe to be real.
    It's also the way in which its portrayed onscreen that they are trying to tell as if we should already know that this is all possible, they don't overkill the idea, they simply remind us that it could be a dream.
    Christopher Nolan doesn't try to simplify his film at all, he merely wants the viewer to grasp its concept and think what they will for themselves.
    DiCaprio puts in a stellar performance as Cobb, he brings the sense that his character has been there too long at what he does and portrays this through his avoidance at direct open ended conversations with Ariadne, who suspects the whole operation could be blown due to Cobb's unwillingness to let go of his wife Mal (Marion Cotillard).
    Spectacular set-pieces set up a thrilling finale to this outstanding tale, and what culminates in the story will be seen as a cliff hangar to some, but a sense of closure brought about by excellent storytelling and convincing performances from the ensemble cast , Inception definitely asks the viewer to think about it for a while, and even then you still might not be able to explain what exactly you seen, but that it definitely needs to be planted in your subconscious.
  100. Jan 14, 2013
    An beautiful world of division and similarity that encapsulates the mind to no end. I did'nt like the ending because I thought it was a cop out but a cool psychological action movie that has been the best one in a long time.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.