5.3

1. Jul 5, 2016
    Whats Wrong With This Movie Everything This Movie Is A Disgrace To The Indiana Jones Trademark And Should Be Wiped Off This Planet ... Why The Hell Would You Put Shia lebuff as "JR" like WTF Were There Smoking 40kg Of Weed When Makeing This Movie... Nuff Said I Gotta Go Watch The Original 3 Movies Just To Compensate The Pain Of Reviewing This **** Pile Of ****
  2. Jun 1, 2016
    Goddamn it guys, you ruined a classic and great trilogy, which can no longer remain one of the best trilogies because now it has 4 parts and the 4th part is awful. Why would you bring in Shia Labeuof?
  3. Apr 28, 2016
    This movie made me lose faith in humanity. Immediately after watching it, I sank into a deep depression and almost tried to end my life.

To this day, I refuse to acknowledge that this is an Indiana Jones movie.
  4. Apr 19, 2016
    I get why ppl hate this movie, I do. I was expecting that there was gonna be a big red bar full of "negative" votes. But here's my opinion about the movie, I thought it was okay. It's definitely not a masterpiece or as goos as Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade, but does it mean it's bad? Of course not! I want to review the 2 main rants that people nitpick all the time.

1. Aliens

1. Aliens don't belong in an Indiana Jones movie. It's like Indie meets Mars Attack.

- I wouldn't put it that way. Did anyone even know that the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are known to be Extra-Teresstrial? Also, why don't aliens belong in an Indie movie? Did anyone even watch the other Indie movies? What about the Ghost that killed ppl in RotLA, the 700 year old knight protecting the holy grail from Last Crusade, or the voodoo stuff from Temple of Doom? Why not have science fictional experience?

2. The refrigerator scene was ridiculous and unrealistic.

-No Sh*t! I know this isn't realistic, many movies do that all the time but nobody complains about them. Again, did you watch the other movies? The unexpected and unseen tank escape from Last Crusade, falling off a helicopter with a inflatable boat and making it off a cliff without a scratch or a broken bone from Temple of Doom. I haven't heard anyone argue about that.

In my opinion, I thought the movie was okay. I found it like a great comeback to Indiana Jones and the other 80's and 90's icons. We got the comeback of Die Hard, Terminator, Scream, Mission Impossible, Rambo, and Rocky Balboa and coming soon Men in Black. I liked that Indie came back as well. I would like to see Lethal Weapon 5 or Ghostbusters 3. Anyways, Indiana Jones 4 wasn't as bad as a lot of people put it. I liked it, my friends liked it, my family liked it, basically many people liked it, and others hated it. But I honestly find it to be a decent adventure movie.
  5. Apr 11, 2016
    So poor, failed attempt to recapture the classic trilogy. Harrison Ford is awesome once again as Indiana Jones, but... that's the only positive I can really say about this movie. Why Shia Labeoff????
  6. Mar 27, 2016
    Although it's not my favourite Indiana Jones, Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull provides a lot of fun and real Indy feeling. There are some flaws I can ignore and some I can't. The diner fight though remains one of the most hilarious moments of the entire series.
  7. Mar 20, 2016
    I never thought Indiana Jones would be disappointing, but Spielberg has made it like it should have never been. While Harrison Ford still remains the star of the show as jones, shia loubof made it feel like he didn't care, that monkey swinging scene with shia, and losing its humor, this is not what I expected.
  8. Feb 26, 2016
    It was okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy6666y666
  9. Jan 18, 2016
    Pretty cool movie. The concept is interesting, the camera work is as always for a Spielberg film amazing, it is great to see Ford back as Indy and he is still great in the role, there some good to great moments here and there. Where it goes bad is its use of a **** of pretty bad CGI, ridiculous sequences like Shia swinging with some monkeys and a ludicrous CGI crapfest ending that makesPretty cool movie. The concept is interesting, the camera work is as always for a Spielberg film amazing, it is great to see Ford back as Indy and he is still great in the role, there some good to great moments here and there. Where it goes bad is its use of a **** of pretty bad CGI, ridiculous sequences like Shia swinging with some monkeys and a ludicrous CGI crapfest ending that makes all the attempt of making this movie a bit serious worthless. Expand
  10. Jan 16, 2016
    If aliens, Shia LaBeouf, and nuking the fridge aren't what you're complaining about, then yes; Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be as enjoyable as the first three movies.
  11. Dec 24, 2015
    I didn't use to get it but this movie made me understand why people hate CGI on movies soo much.
    The amount (and quality) of CGI scenes really takes most of the magic out of this movie.
    (Don't get my wrong, there are some scenes/details that make CGI the right choice but this movie is a good example of what to avoid.)
  12. Nov 26, 2015
    Oh God...What happened? ! The past Indiana Jones showed actions at the lumit of the human spectrum ability. But this one is made of several consecutive stunts which are totally unrealistic and litterally massacred what could have been a good movie. The characters are more skilled that any navy seals and more lucky than a four leaves...Actors, budget and special effects are misused. WhyOh God...What happened? ! The past Indiana Jones showed actions at the lumit of the human spectrum ability. But this one is made of several consecutive stunts which are totally unrealistic and litterally massacred what could have been a good movie. The characters are more skilled that any navy seals and more lucky than a four leaves...Actors, budget and special effects are misused. Why don't the producers don't ask professional advices about what is humanly possible. This movie has nothing to do wirh the previous ones. It is a huge disappointment. That's the first time I was looking at my watch during an Indiana Jones... Expand
  13. Oct 10, 2015
    Whoever came up with the idea of letting Shia La Puke play the son of Indiana Jones should be handed over in the hands of Mola Ram. Why does Indiana need a son anyway? Was it so the series can continue with his son as the hero? Ridiculous.

Harrison Ford is playing his role perfect as usual, although he's getting too old for this. Marion is back and she gained a few pounds extra. The music is still good and there are some nice parts in the movie. But mostly the cgi is so bad and the movie feels like a parody on the Indiana Jones movies. Shia swinging in the trees with monkeys is the best example of this. Also the giant ants are clearly computer animated, It's like Spielberg and Lucas didn't even try to make it look real.

Also the whole idea about the aliens or beings from another dimension is so over the top. I read somewhere that this was the idea of Lucas, while Spielberg realised that the alien thing had been done plenty. Unfortunately Lucas got what he wanted.

They should have stopped after the original trilogy which was perfect.
  14. Jul 21, 2015
    This is a movie so bad that it tarnished a beloved franchise. The writing is and cinematography is beyond hackneyed; it disgraceful. If they character's name wasn't Indiana, it wouldn't have been made because no one would be willing to fund it. It's not even enjoyable for the it's idiocy like Sharknado because you can sense the serious effort and subconscious contempt for a classic. InThis is a movie so bad that it tarnished a beloved franchise. The writing is and cinematography is beyond hackneyed; it disgraceful. If they character's name wasn't Indiana, it wouldn't have been made because no one would be willing to fund it. It's not even enjoyable for the it's idiocy like Sharknado because you can sense the serious effort and subconscious contempt for a classic. In fact, if the character had not been Indiana Jones and just Harrison Ford screwing around fight communist sterotypes that were tired when the original Indiana Jones came out, it might be worth a laugh a zoning out while it's on in the background on TNT while you're cooking in the kitchen; much like The Postman. It's so terrible, the internet has coined a phrase to note when a series or franchise has destroyed itself. Look up "nuking the fridge" in google. This is literally the only movie I've asked for my money back after a full viewing. The manager, who is required to watch each new movie, actually gave me my money. Crystal Skull is so bad, the UN actually met in 2012 to consider the forced viewing of this movie a war crime. Admittedly, the last one is an exaggeration. The only reason I gave this movie a 1 rather than a zero is that I didn't physically vomit during the screening. This movie is so bad, I repressed the memory of watching it till I saw it in a 99 cent DVD bin and became enraged enough to write this review. Seven years after watching this movie, just seeing the box art for seconds ruined my day. That's how bad this movie is. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2015
    My least favourite of the 4 but still deserves credit for it's decent story but CGI is overused especially with the monkeys scene but this film is not terrible.
  16. Jul 4, 2015
    I am pretty sure now that the effects budget and cross reference check budget was pocketed by LUCASBERG. These are guys that don't go out in public, live behind giant gates and walls on compounds and haven't had to really work from a creators point of reference for a very long time. It's all rehash and touch up. How can these guys be considered the cream of the crop. C'mon, what haveI am pretty sure now that the effects budget and cross reference check budget was pocketed by LUCASBERG. These are guys that don't go out in public, live behind giant gates and walls on compounds and haven't had to really work from a creators point of reference for a very long time. It's all rehash and touch up. How can these guys be considered the cream of the crop. C'mon, what have they done that shows any passion for their craft within nearly twenty years???including all Star Wars movies and Jurassic park with a vengeance. Will anyone say this in a publication with decent circulation? It has to be said. George Lucas doesn't even smile! I don't get it. They were good once. What happened? STOP GIVING THEM HUGE AMOUNTS OF CASH TO CRAP A STINKER WHILE NOT CARING. KNOWING THEY CAN COAST FOREVER ON "STAR WARS"ORIGINAL,AND "ET" JURASSIC "ORIGINAL"fan base will carry them for the duration. They will continue pocket obscene cash for tofu get in cheek turds. Another private beach somewhere away from reality... Bye bye once creative men. Expand
  17. Jun 14, 2015
    This is the less impressive Indiana Jones film in the franchise. It began pretty well, with really good action and it felt superb. But after the first act..well lets just say that it totally hit the ground! The plot became weird and boring. It didn't feel like a Indiana Jones film, more like a bad remake. The adventure is a bit good, but it's still disappointing, especially in the secondThis is the less impressive Indiana Jones film in the franchise. It began pretty well, with really good action and it felt superb. But after the first act..well lets just say that it totally hit the ground! The plot became weird and boring. It didn't feel like a Indiana Jones film, more like a bad remake. The adventure is a bit good, but it's still disappointing, especially in the second and the third act. The dialogs are at the same time very strange; there's no thrilling feeling in it! There are at the same time unnecessary subplots, and the plot is overall uninteresting and just awful at some places. The ending was okay, but not as good as what I expected to see.

But it's still an Indiana Jones movie, and it got its moments of adventure and humor, but not as much as the old movies. Those had a bigger feeling to it.

6.5/10
  18. Mar 28, 2015
    Harrison Ford has still got it in him to return his landmark action hero to the screen and please old fans and new ones alike. To bad that everything else didn't turn out so well. Shia laBeouf was the worst choice for a supporting actor and a lot of the plot elements have been re-hashed. Watching it, it reminded me of the Jaws sequels. Not Jaws number two. Because that was the good one.
  19. Jan 20, 2015
    Not a classic, but still fun entertainment, only worth seeing once though. This might be my least favourite Indy film but it's not as bad as everyone says. For people to believe ripping someone's heart out of their chest or ghosts melting people or an old 2000 year old man waiting in a tomb then aliens shouldn't be too much for you. The star of this movie is Shia, who comes in as a greatNot a classic, but still fun entertainment, only worth seeing once though. This might be my least favourite Indy film but it's not as bad as everyone says. For people to believe ripping someone's heart out of their chest or ghosts melting people or an old 2000 year old man waiting in a tomb then aliens shouldn't be too much for you. The star of this movie is Shia, who comes in as a great sidekick to Indy. The movie at times does feel a little derivative as an action piece ocassionally. Expand
  20. Jan 15, 2015
    Rewatched it recently on BD. After nearly 20 years we see Harrison Ford return as Indiana Jones in this sequel. I thought the movie was pretty good. Indiana Jones series always involved the supernatural and this installment is no different. Its definitely better than Temple of Doom thats for sure.
  21. Jan 11, 2015
    It may not be that appealing to longtime Indiana Jones fans, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is still a great adventure with more than enough action and (slightly) funny dialogue. Shia LaBeouf is not a problem. The movie is very underrated.
  22. Dec 7, 2014
    This movie wasn't so good. AND I MEAN It WASN'T! How does aliens have anything to do with Indiana Jones! This is not Halo or Star Wars or Star Trek! What the hell? Hmph. Sorry. The movie is definitely GOOD but the Alien thing and the refrigerator part were kinda cool and dumb.
  23. Sep 10, 2014
    Okay, fail. Just fail. I heard they were gonna do another Indiana Jones and I was really excited. It's hard to argue with the consistency of the other three films and their delivery. But what happened? Why??? There had to be hundreds of ideas they could have considered for the plot, but they had to pick one about aliens. And personally I am incredibly tired of alien movies. Of course theyOkay, fail. Just fail. I heard they were gonna do another Indiana Jones and I was really excited. It's hard to argue with the consistency of the other three films and their delivery. But what happened? Why??? There had to be hundreds of ideas they could have considered for the plot, but they had to pick one about aliens. And personally I am incredibly tired of alien movies. Of course they try to make it not seem like its about aliens by trying to twist the plot into seeming like it's about "alternate-dimensional beings" and not aliens. Even though they look just like aliens and travel in flying saucers. George Lucas...stop guy, just stop. You've already proven all you can do is make movies about space and milk it for all it's worth. Steven shouldn't have listened to you. I loved seeing Harrison Ford back in action but they threw him in an environment that made his character seem off-step and on the cheesier side. They had good elements and solid plot points to work with like Indy having a long lost son, but Shia was not a good cast for it, watering down any good momentum they had. The CGI seemed out of place and labored as well. I wanted to like this. But I just can't. Crystal Skull mortally wounded the Indiana Jones series. Expand
  24. Jul 24, 2014
    'Kingdom of Crystal Skull's' action scenes are so effortlessly fake I instantly find a dislike for the movie. The action scenes lack the deadpan delivery of Harrison Ford, the CGI was horridly unnecessary, that it destroyed the classic tradition of Indian Jones, and Shia Labeouf was so conceited I wished he had gotten eaten by the ants (By the way, Siafu ants don't live in South America,'Kingdom of Crystal Skull's' action scenes are so effortlessly fake I instantly find a dislike for the movie. The action scenes lack the deadpan delivery of Harrison Ford, the CGI was horridly unnecessary, that it destroyed the classic tradition of Indian Jones, and Shia Labeouf was so conceited I wished he had gotten eaten by the ants (By the way, Siafu ants don't live in South America, George Lucas). This film should have been made in the mid 90's at the most, when this s**t CGI didn't exist. Expand
  25. Jun 25, 2014
    Probably the worst film I have ever seen. Not only because of its reliance on incredibly bad CG effect, but also because of the shlock camp value and idiocy of the villains. No one should ever see this film!
  26. May 12, 2014
    Another Indy flick arrives, and is as good as ever, a entertaining action adventure film Indiana Jones is my most beloved movies and this ads to the great adventure trilogy, hopefully the cast Harrison Ford and crew will return for a fifth outing. I rate this a nine out of ten
  27. May 5, 2014
    Uhhh guys...what happened here? i kinda expected this frm Lucas after the prequels but speilberg? really? this was thebest you could do? you couldnt have just left Indy to be a trilogy ?
  28. May 3, 2014
    Though it isn't better than the first three films (then again, what could?), The Crystal Skull never does any real damage and is worth its weight in the popcorn.
  29. Mar 8, 2014
    At times you feel that it's slightly repeated, this fourth installment does not disappoint. It has a number of great thrills, exciting chases, and it's just good fun.
  30. Feb 8, 2014
    I'm so disappointed! The first three parts were excellent! And this part had some good actions because of the new technology compared to the technology of the previous ones. But when I saw that kid jumping with monkeys and many other stupid scene, I was very disappointed!
  31. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had to create an account just so I could review this atrocity! I honestly can't find one thing positive to say (It took me two attempts to even get through it!). Harrison Ford is as grouchy as ever and has no chemistry with anyone on screen. Karen Allen still can't act and Shia LeBeouf brings nothing to his role. Even Cate Blanchett seems to have nothing to do with her stereotypical role beyond her accent and atrocious wig. The plot is moronic and the third act may have actually cost me IQ points! Every chatty scene (and there are A LOT of them!) looks like it takes place on an indoor set and every action scene looks like it takes place in front of a green screen. Which may be on purpose but it's far more obtrusive than in previous installments. I could write full paragraphs on the stupidity of the refrigerator, Oxley, the monkeys, the quicksand/snake scene, the ants, the waterfalls, the aliens, the well as deus ex machina OR the fact that Mutt's real name is Henry Jones III, yet he somehow believes it's Henry Williams. OR a tenured professor who cannot pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly. Ugh. Expand
  32. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not as bad as some people might think, but nevertheless, Indy is not in his prime anymore. The adventure and mystifying elements of the first three movies were all brought down by the use of aliens at the end. really> Aliens? Very unsatisfying. Either way, the rest of the movie wasn't bad. Expand
  33. Dec 21, 2013
    There is a moment watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when I realized that maybe seeing this film was a bad idea. That moment occurred less than 3 minutes in when way too much time and effort was spent focusing on a CG gopher, that did not look at all real. It added nothing to the plot and just looked bad. Someone, somewhere made a bad choice leaving that in. InThere is a moment watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when I realized that maybe seeing this film was a bad idea. That moment occurred less than 3 minutes in when way too much time and effort was spent focusing on a CG gopher, that did not look at all real. It added nothing to the plot and just looked bad. Someone, somewhere made a bad choice leaving that in. In effect choosing cheap thrills over trying to make a good movie. There were a lot of things like that because it was the start of a long disappointing ride.
    My favorite moment in this film is when Indiana Jones rides out that nuclear blast in the lead lined fridge. He comes out the other side alive and in one piece. Sure he gets the awkward scrub-down after. But he`s not cooked hamburger, which is a testament to how ridiculous the film is as a whole.
    I don`t really remember much of the ``plot`` of the middle of the film. Something about not dead-dead people, a crazy friend and indies son played by actor Shia Labeouf. I get they were trying to go for an Indie 2.0 here. Maybe create a character likable enough for a spinoff franchise, or taking up Harrison Ford`s mantle. In this regard they failed badly. His character has all the swagger of Indiana at the end of the original trilogy, without having done anything to earn it. And it makes him extremely un-likable. They should have gone back to basics. Choosing an actor that more reflects Indiana at the start of the first film and show him growing up.
    Throw in all the extremely unlikely chase sequences (I know how ridiculous the original trilogy is in that regard, but the setup was better), the intermittent magnetism of the crystal skull, Harrison Ford being ``too old for this sh*t`` and capping it all off with that bizarre out of left field ending. And what you are left with is something so awful it does not deserve acknowledgement as an Indiana Jones film. This is a bad B movie with A list actors, an A list director, and a huge budget.

If one good thing came of this film it is this. Scientists went back and examined the crystal skull`s in the museums, and found them all to be fraudulently passed off as historical relics, when they are more simply modern art.
  34. Nov 13, 2013
    Crystal Skull has viewers bashing in theirs.
    Indiana Jones makes a very unnecessary sequel to the otherwise spotless series. The acting was okay, but the story was painfully flawed with a mediocre script, and a nearly pointless ending.
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    I don't know why, but I somehow liked this movie. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. It's not the best of the Indiana Jones Movies, but it is certainly not the worst. Then again, none of them are bad to me.
  36. Oct 8, 2013
    They should've thought about this idea 10-15 years earlier, when Harrison Ford wasn't a senior citizen. Also, it should've stuck true to the original trilogy (Go away Shia LaBeouf) Second really big flaw is they gave us more of a 50s groove then a 30s charm. In Raiders of the Losr Ark, It was clear the villain was Belloq. In the Temple of Doom, Mola Ram and the Last Crusade was Donovan andThey should've thought about this idea 10-15 years earlier, when Harrison Ford wasn't a senior citizen. Also, it should've stuck true to the original trilogy (Go away Shia LaBeouf) Second really big flaw is they gave us more of a 50s groove then a 30s charm. In Raiders of the Losr Ark, It was clear the villain was Belloq. In the Temple of Doom, Mola Ram and the Last Crusade was Donovan and Schneider. Here, the only villains I see are Spielberg and Lucas Expand
  37. Sep 4, 2013
    [5.9] This is an adventure movie, and that's all. It surprised me, and was much better than I expected, but it's still an adventure movie that is almost self-consciously unimpressive. Making a good movie doesn't always involve dedicating it to nostalgia. It was fun, but it was horribly shallow.
  38. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everybody thinks that Indiana Jones & the Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull is a bad movie, but c'mon people, it's been 19 years since the last movie! They had to change the storyline to update it with the times! By 1957, the Americans have defeated the Nazis & engaged in a space race with the Russians! This was the Cold War, not World War II! And besides, Harrison Ford & Karen Allen are still really good actors! Expand
  39. Jul 15, 2013
    I personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone isI personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone is obsessed with Zombies, the 50s had people obsessing with aliens). The film packs in great action sequences, a fun script (with only one disappointing part at the end of the film), great acting by all the cast (Harrison Ford has still got it) and the music once again is awesome. Overall I really enjoyed this film and I look forward to a possible Indiana Jones 5. Expand
  40. Jul 7, 2013
    As the credits rolled, I turned to my brother and said, "It's official: Temple of Doom is no longer the worst Indiana Jones film."

Crystal Suck is one of the few movies I've ever seen that actually managed to insult me. South Park's parody of the film's reception where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg repeatedly rape Indy was just... well... to use a cliche'd term, it "resonated".

It's the most cynical cash-in I've ever seen. I mean, even Blues Brothers 2000, train wreck through it was, believed in itself. Crystal Skull feels like George Lucas going "nyah nyah! You didn't like my Star Wars prequels so thanks for the ten bucks and screw you, jack!"

p.s. Shia Lebeouf needs a serious beating.
  41. May 11, 2013
    It's been a while since Indy has been on the big screen and the decision to make a new fresh film might not have paid off. It's a good movie, and certainly entertaining, but too heavy on CGI in my opinion and as well as that Cate Blanchett just can't pull off the villain well. It has its shining moments and there's no denying it's a fun cast, but the new characters like Mutt & Irina simplyIt's been a while since Indy has been on the big screen and the decision to make a new fresh film might not have paid off. It's a good movie, and certainly entertaining, but too heavy on CGI in my opinion and as well as that Cate Blanchett just can't pull off the villain well. It has its shining moments and there's no denying it's a fun cast, but the new characters like Mutt & Irina simply don't compare to those of the originals. Overall fans will probably still like it, and I did too. Expand
  42. May 10, 2013
    He may not be the best, but it has Harrison Ford in the style of the character, and packed with a good plot regularly, makes it worthwhile.And it shows that the union of Spielberg and Lucas still works right.
  43. Apr 29, 2013
    This movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to say that it has some of the old and the new. For old, it still has its enjoyable swash-buckling action sequences, which truly helps give the movie a boostThis movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to say that it has some of the old and the new. For old, it still has its enjoyable swash-buckling action sequences, which truly helps give the movie a boost (in a sense). For the new, it adds in some new characters and a plot that doesn't live up to the trilogy's expectations. All the characters are pretty average and have some good moments, but there's one big problem that stands in there way. This movie has some of the worst screenplay I've ever heard. When you hear a character say those cheesy on-liners, it just sounds terrible. The reason I gave this movie a 6 is that it has good memorable swash-buckling action and the story (beside getting to the alien part) really tries to bring back a legend. Overall, for some of its major bumps on the road, it's still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. Collapse
  44. Feb 23, 2013
    After 20 years, Indiana Jones returned for a new generation to enjoy. It is simply amazing that at almost 70 years of age, Harrison Ford was able to do this movie, and even perform some of his own stunts. In the film, they introduce Shia LaBeouf as his son, so that the franchise can continue. Indiana Jones has been around since the early 80s. There are hundreds of books and stories theyAfter 20 years, Indiana Jones returned for a new generation to enjoy. It is simply amazing that at almost 70 years of age, Harrison Ford was able to do this movie, and even perform some of his own stunts. In the film, they introduce Shia LaBeouf as his son, so that the franchise can continue. Indiana Jones has been around since the early 80s. There are hundreds of books and stories they could have chosen from, and I suspect most of them would have been better than the Crystal Skull. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't bad, but aliens, Elvis, sword fights on the back of a jeep, cannibalistic ants, and Shia swinging through the Amazon with a family of monkeys? That's not Indiana Jones. I realize they wanted to portray him in perhaps the final years of his career, but the story was not great. The action scenes, effects, stunts, and cast were all great, and what you've come to expect from Indy, but the movie itself wasn't the best. It's enjoyable and worth seeing, but for the most part it doesn't fit with what we know of Indiana Jones. Expand
  45. Jan 13, 2013
    The spark of action humour and villains has fizzled out and George Lucas has killed another good film series, repeating the disaster of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
  46. Dec 31, 2012
    The saddest thing about this movie.. is if it weren't for just a few really terrible scenes (that could leave some viewers insulted by suggesting they are so gullible and easy to please that they will buy into ridiculously outlandish and stupid scenes)... it could have fit nicely with part's 1 and 3. Unfortunately, this film was somewhere near the temple of doom (although I would sayThe saddest thing about this movie.. is if it weren't for just a few really terrible scenes (that could leave some viewers insulted by suggesting they are so gullible and easy to please that they will buy into ridiculously outlandish and stupid scenes)... it could have fit nicely with part's 1 and 3. Unfortunately, this film was somewhere near the temple of doom (although I would say Temple of Doom was still worse).

The main scene that comes to mind is the part where Indy's son and the Russian are sword fighting on two jeeps... this is where I really made up my mind that this film was totally blown, even though it was already heading in that direction fast. The beauty of Indy 1 and 3 and many other good adventure classics, are that although very fantastical, they still have an element of believability within the world created by the movie.

Indy and the Crystal Skulls completely lost sight of trying to stay believable, and I think that's why so many hardcore fans were really turned off almost feeling that their intelligence had been insulted (Although I know this certainly wasn't the intent of the makers, but just the reality of how many viewers felt).
  47. Dec 29, 2012
    I've never understood the hate for this belated fourth Indy installment. "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is just about everything I expected it to be . . . just another Indiana Jones film. It's a sweet and satisfying nostalgic indulgence that brings back everything you knew and loved about the series. No, of course it's not as memorable as the first three, and yeah, it is tamer and moreI've never understood the hate for this belated fourth Indy installment. "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is just about everything I expected it to be . . . just another Indiana Jones film. It's a sweet and satisfying nostalgic indulgence that brings back everything you knew and loved about the series. No, of course it's not as memorable as the first three, and yeah, it is tamer and more family-friendly than the others. But it's not a bad movie, it's still a lot of fun. Shia is, to great relief, much more bearable here than in "Transformers"; Cate Blanchett is great as the Soviet villain; and the plotline with the crystal skull is very entertaining. And yeah, I don't mind the aliens. I honestly don't. They were still done in the same way as the Ark, the Grail or even the Temple of Doom - it was just aliens this time, and about as plausible as any of the other concepts. The jungle chase sequence is the highlight of the action (and I'll admit, yeah, the monkeys were just a tad silly), the alien discovery scene is fun, there's some fun new music score (listen closely for a brief borrowing from Speilberg's 'War of the Worlds') and overall, it's just . . . fun. Pure popcorn fun. And what the heck's wrong with that? True, the Indy series would have been more than fine as a trilogy, but this last-minute addition is certainly a welcome encore and deserves its place along the other three. Expand
  48. Dec 27, 2012
    The whole Aliens ending was an awful way to end the film but it was still enjoyable to watch. It was action packed, Had good acting, and it was entertaining. I can see why Indiana Jones fans hate it but it wasn't all that bad.
  49. Dec 4, 2012
    Didn't quite live up to the quality of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade". But much better than "The Temple of Doom". A decent movie with decent special effects, an okay story and true to the Indiana Jones franchise (well except "Aliens?" really? Shouldn't it be some kind of Old Testament Religious artifact or Hindu Curse? But whatever... BTW: I wonder if this movie was theDidn't quite live up to the quality of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade". But much better than "The Temple of Doom". A decent movie with decent special effects, an okay story and true to the Indiana Jones franchise (well except "Aliens?" really? Shouldn't it be some kind of Old Testament Religious artifact or Hindu Curse? But whatever... BTW: I wonder if this movie was the inspiration for the over-the-top Ancient Aliens show lol). Expand
  50. Jul 12, 2012
    This movie is very underrated. I thought that, although it wasn't as good as the first three Indiana Jones films, it found Indy back in adventurous shape and recaptured the genuine fun of the originals. Really, guys, see this movie! It was good!
  51. Jul 11, 2012
    Great film. I'm still happy with it and most everyone I know thought it was good back when it came out. I liked it alot when it came out but it's grown alot on me moreso than I had expected. It's not my second favorite of the series! :) Raiders is still always the best, though. But in all seriousness, this is a great film and while not worth 20 years of waiting, it's still awesome as canGreat film. I'm still happy with it and most everyone I know thought it was good back when it came out. I liked it alot when it came out but it's grown alot on me moreso than I had expected. It's not my second favorite of the series! :) Raiders is still always the best, though. But in all seriousness, this is a great film and while not worth 20 years of waiting, it's still awesome as can be. Indy will always be the very best. Check it out, it's a good sequel! :) Expand
  52. May 23, 2012
    Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did yourIndiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did your research, if it has crystal skull in the name, it's probably gonna have aliens in it, and anyway, the aliens are cool. What's so bad about sword fights, they're not bad. If it's different from its predecessors, that doesn't mean it's bad, it's a really good film! Expand
  53. Mar 27, 2012
    Was really looking forward to seeing this movie, unfortunately, it was dreadful, the first 3 are excellent films, this one is just the polar opposite, Ray Winstone is dreadful in it, so is Shia Lebeouf and Cate Blanchett is even worse! Harrison Fords comic timing and some strategically place Gophers make the opening 20 minutes enjoyable but after that it really is awful!
  54. Mar 15, 2012

1. Aliens

2. The refrigerator scene was ridiculous and unrealistic.

55. Feb 23, 2012
    This movie should have never been made. It is a discredit to the original trilogy, and it damages the series as a whole. Aliens should not have been included in an Indiana Jones film. Also, I know that there has always be an element of the ridiculous in the franchise, but seriously, some of the scenes in this film are downright ludicrous. Spielberg and Lucas need to learn that theirThis movie should have never been made. It is a discredit to the original trilogy, and it damages the series as a whole. Aliens should not have been included in an Indiana Jones film. Also, I know that there has always be an element of the ridiculous in the franchise, but seriously, some of the scenes in this film are downright ludicrous. Spielberg and Lucas need to learn that their classics should not be tampered with. A train wreck. Expand
  56. Feb 5, 2012
    A movie of complexity that doesn't pay off. The story is so compounded, it seems like it was a combination of 20 different ideas. But it was one of those movies that was popular with the public, mainly because they can't tell a good movie from a bad movie.
  57. Jan 1, 2012
    I thought it was good. Yes it did annoy me that it was about aliens but still, Its classic Indiana Jones. This film was really made to introduce a new generation of fans to Jones and I think it works good.
  58. Nov 27, 2011
    This is my favorite Indiana Jones movie of them all. It may have a different story than the others but somehow it stands out further than the others to me. Plus, Harrison Ford is still Indiana Jones.
  59. Nov 25, 2011
    Steven Spielberg went full retard on this one. Sure, the other ones weren't believable either...but this one? Dr. Jones survives atomic bomb test in a refridgerator, survives thousand foot drop from waterfall, and then he brings in the aliens.
  60. Oct 4, 2011
    The best of all the four films, interesting, impressive images and effects, funny, and entertaining, a good film after 19 years that we saw for the last time Indiana Jones, the new score is good, a good job made by Steven Spielberg.
  61. Oct 2, 2011
    i don't really get where all the negative buzz of this movie comes from. to me, it is as good as any other indiana jones movie.
  62. Sep 24, 2011
    "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is a decent movie to add into the Jones Franchise. The movie is way outdated with a 'old' performance by 'old' Harrison Ford. Looks like Spielberg & Lucas is getting older...
  63. Sep 4, 2011
    For years there were rumors of the new Indiana Jones movie. Finally it was confirmed and we eagerly awaited the 4th love child of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Harrison Ford. There were a lot of naysayers out there who thought Ford was too old, that Lucas/Spielberg ought to leave well enough alone, but they saw past all that and went for it. The result: Unbelievable Crap. LucasFor years there were rumors of the new Indiana Jones movie. Finally it was confirmed and we eagerly awaited the 4th love child of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Harrison Ford. There were a lot of naysayers out there who thought Ford was too old, that Lucas/Spielberg ought to leave well enough alone, but they saw past all that and went for it. The result: Unbelievable Crap. Lucas explains to the AP: â Expand
  64. Jul 30, 2011
    Great follow up to possibly the greatest movie series ever. Not the best one of the lot though but I completely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a hell of an adventure!
  65. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rather than me sit and whinge about how it wasn't as good as the others I will just give you the below...

Blah blah blah, explosions, blah blah, I am your son, blah blah I am an enemy, blah blah I am your friend really, blah blah it was aliens, blah blah marriage, blah blah give me my hat.
  66. May 10, 2011
    This episode of Indiana Jones takes place several years after the TV series ended, but to my mind is the best episode to date. The fact that they decided to not use Sean Patrick Flanery and instead Shiabelouff as the Young Indy is a fatal mistake, but doesn't stop the episode from being highly original and very, very entertaining. The story sees an bloated ageing Indiana Jones save theThis episode of Indiana Jones takes place several years after the TV series ended, but to my mind is the best episode to date. The fact that they decided to not use Sean Patrick Flanery and instead Shiabelouff as the Young Indy is a fatal mistake, but doesn't stop the episode from being highly original and very, very entertaining. The story sees an bloated ageing Indiana Jones save the world from Russian Nazi's by climbing inside a refrigerator and time traveling back to the 1930's where he meets his younger self, but now bizarrely modelled as James Dean in a gay hat for some reason. The use of monkeys and rubber snakes really works here though, as does the over-crowding of old people. Karen Allen's brilliantly observed portrait of senile dementia is right on the money, even though she looks about as attractive as your dead grandmother sucking off a horse. And John Hurt is brilliantly miscast as Sean Connery's incontient jibbering brother. Although not as good as Flanery (or Jaquin Phoenix for that matter) Shialeboufddff does prove a welcome asset to offet the stench of decay as the Young Indy to the gang of coffin dodgers, but at times is jarring considering the amount of dust falling off the old folks and filling the stale putrid air. I also don't know why at the end they had to have not one, but about twelve old farts running around the Aztec temple trying to save the world when Indiana Jones and his younger self would have sufficed. Oh well the stunts are as always well above anything else on TV and the high production values at times make it seem as though your watching an actual movie and not just some unnecessary bloated distraction to an otherwise perfect series of old school adventures. Expand
  67. May 4, 2011
    Very, very underrated. Hating this movie because of small instances is unfair and unreasonable. I found this movie just as fun as the last three Indiana Jones films. Yes, it's not as good as the other three by a mile but the story is still interesting, the Indiana Jones character is still the same charismatic adventurer we all know and love and the handful helping of nostalgia actuallyVery, very underrated. Hating this movie because of small instances is unfair and unreasonable. I found this movie just as fun as the last three Indiana Jones films. Yes, it's not as good as the other three by a mile but the story is still interesting, the Indiana Jones character is still the same charismatic adventurer we all know and love and the handful helping of nostalgia actually makes the film all the fun it can be plus the "Nuke the Fridge" scene was the highlight in my opinion. Expand
  68. Apr 6, 2011
    What is with all of the negative criticism? Sure, the ending could've been better, but the fun action, good acting, and a great score, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a great movie. And people complaining that hte movie is too unrealistic, that is insane. Did you ever see Temple of Doom?
  69. Mar 14, 2011
    Sheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones weSheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones we all know and love. Expand
  70. Mar 6, 2011
    What the heck is with all the negative critisism? This movie is awesome! It feels exactly like an old fashioned Indy movie! Granted, its not as good as those movies, but who would expect it to be? The acting is great, the action is intense and lots of fun, and the same adventurous atmosphere that made the others so much fun is back full throttle! Yes, it's very unrealistic, but what IndyWhat the heck is with all the negative critisism? This movie is awesome! It feels exactly like an old fashioned Indy movie! Granted, its not as good as those movies, but who would expect it to be? The acting is great, the action is intense and lots of fun, and the same adventurous atmosphere that made the others so much fun is back full throttle! Yes, it's very unrealistic, but what Indy movie is? Yes, I didn't really like the whole alien thing, but that's the only thing I didn't like about it. Overall, KOTCS is a great installment in the amazing franchise. Expand
  71. Oct 11, 2010
    Although this film retains all of the Indiana Jones necessities it goes way over the top when introducing the 'extra-dimensional' beings to the equation. This is Indiana Jones and not Star Trek. Apart from this, Ford is as lively and as brilliant as ever and keeps his comic timing but LeBoeuf, well, he just didn't cut it.
  72. Sep 18, 2010
    19 years to wait for the 4th movie of Indiana Jones and it a half disappointing
  73. Sep 1, 2010
    Indiana Jones returns, but with Russians, skulls, atomic bombs & the 1950s.
    Well it wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be. Being a massive Raiders fan there were some nice returns & references.
    Shia Labeouf plays his part pretty well whilst Cate Blanchett is on Autopilot as the stereotypical baddie. The main problems with it is that it's too far fetched, even for Indiana Jones (fridge &
    Indiana Jones returns, but with Russians, skulls, atomic bombs & the 1950s.
    The main problems with it is that it's too far fetched, even for Indiana Jones (fridge & waterfalls). These make the rubber dingy bit in Temple of Doom look perfectly viable.
    Also, the story is a bit ropey. I believe it was all George Lucas's idea so this explains why. Maybe he'll go back & change it in a few years?
    I also thought with all the CGI used, it didn't have the same charm as the other films.
  74. Aug 27, 2010
    If there is one thing this movie succeeds at it is entertainment, even if only in the campiest sense of the word. Unfortunately, in this case fans were hoping for so much more.
  75. Aug 23, 2010
    growing up loving the original trilogy i couldnt wait for this film . though i believed it arrived 15 years to late. its not a bad film but really doesnt capture what the original trilogy was . shilo boof like always is annoying and a insult to fans to think he may become the next indiana jones . some people where upset that they moved away from the reliougous theme towards aliens . igrowing up loving the original trilogy i couldnt wait for this film . though i believed it arrived 15 years to late. its not a bad film but really doesnt capture what the original trilogy was . shilo boof like always is annoying and a insult to fans to think he may become the next indiana jones . some people where upset that they moved away from the reliougous theme towards aliens . i didnt mind it it infact its still following the same lines if you know your history . many archioligists believe that the nascans and other from that area worshiped some thing that resembled aliens . so it looked to me they where still on that theme . the action was good although didnt feel near as good as raiders or last crusade . it was a ok entry to the series but not really the ending i woulda liked the series to go out on. my only last and best hope is they dont bring that moron shilo boof in to replace harrison ford as indiana jones . just let this series stay dead. Expand
  76. AaronG
    Aug 28, 2009
    Honestly now, this movie gets beat up for a lot more than it deserves. It's one of those fun summer films which set expectations impossibly high, and of course couldn't meet them. A lot of people complain about the CG, and they have the right to. In many scenes it can look out of place, or just fake altogether. However, Speilberg and Lucas use it to their advantage with some Honestly now, this movie gets beat up for a lot more than it deserves. It's one of those fun summer films which set expectations impossibly high, and of course couldn't meet them. A lot of people complain about the CG, and they have the right to. In many scenes it can look out of place, or just fake altogether. However, Speilberg and Lucas use it to their advantage with some truly jaw-dropping images that look beautiful or just amazing. The Plot....was pretty iffy this time around. Really disappointing. But the movie makes up for this with some very well shot action sequences and some great dialogue. If you enjoyed the original trilogy, there's no doubt you'll at least like to see another Indiana Jones movie. If you've never seen any of the movies, then what are you doing? Go rent "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for what I consider to be one of the best movies ever made. Expand
  77. LeventeS
    Jun 27, 2009
    Aside from some forced interactions between the occasionally poorly-written character and a painfully cheesy ending, The Crystal Skull is completely competent and adequate member of the Indiana Jones series. The plot is a bit insane, but that's what the series is all about, putting human ingenuity against ancient freaky magic. It's not nearly as bad as that awful middle-child Aside from some forced interactions between the occasionally poorly-written character and a painfully cheesy ending, The Crystal Skull is completely competent and adequate member of the Indiana Jones series. The plot is a bit insane, but that's what the series is all about, putting human ingenuity against ancient freaky magic. It's not nearly as bad as that awful middle-child Temple of Doom. Expand
  78. RussellJ
    Jun 27, 2009
    This is dire. Saw it at the pictures and it was like having my childlike self ripped apart. The equivalent of finding Santa on xmas morning wanking onto your mince pies you left him. The story was shit. There was no suspense or mystery. The action was laughable and full of cgi. The acting was atrocious even Harrison Ford couldn't pull it off he's too old for the role. To be fair This is dire. Saw it at the pictures and it was like having my childlike self ripped apart. The equivalent of finding Santa on xmas morning wanking onto your mince pies you left him. The story was shit. There was no suspense or mystery. The action was laughable and full of cgi. The acting was atrocious even Harrison Ford couldn't pull it off he's too old for the role. To be fair it maintained itself with a certain sense of disbelief all the way to the Amazon scenes and the film just gave up. So many bad scenes in a row. Mutt swinging from vine to vine like Tarzan. The giant (cgi) ants. Three waterfalls. Kill me now. The worst is left to the end of the movie. Spielberg do you really think we'll buy this shit with the aliens as lightheated fun. Raiders worked because it was mythological but aliens shouldn't be in this type of movie. Especially in a close encounters style. Oh Indy I still like you in the trilogy without jowls. Expand
  79. Sam
    Jun 19, 2009
    This movie was a dissapointment but it wasn't a complete failure. I found myself enjoying the first half of the movie but the 2nd half was awful. The CGI looked incredibly out of place and some of the later scenes were just stupid. The old Indie movies had scenes that were unbelieveable to be sure but at least they were fun and enjoyable to watch. The scene with Mutt swinging through This movie was a dissapointment but it wasn't a complete failure. I found myself enjoying the first half of the movie but the 2nd half was awful. The CGI looked incredibly out of place and some of the later scenes were just stupid. The old Indie movies had scenes that were unbelieveable to be sure but at least they were fun and enjoyable to watch. The scene with Mutt swinging through the trees with the monkeys was incredibly lame. The acting was decent but it couldn't save the movie from its awful plot. Expand
  80. KeenanS
    Jun 15, 2009
    This film was such a disappointment, I will probably not be able to watch the old trilogy again for years after what this film left me with. It was one of the biggest disappointments ever and was a huge letdown. This film was ridiculous for all the wrong reasons and failed miserably. Why George Lucas? Do you insist on ruining every classic franchise you helped create? Bad CGI, bad acting, This film was such a disappointment, I will probably not be able to watch the old trilogy again for years after what this film left me with. It was one of the biggest disappointments ever and was a huge letdown. This film was ridiculous for all the wrong reasons and failed miserably. Why George Lucas? Do you insist on ruining every classic franchise you helped create? Bad CGI, bad acting, bad music, bad action scenes, this film screwed up in all the areas Indy should be succeeding in. Don't ever watch it. Expand
  81. AL
    May 3, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Unbelievably bad. Startlingly implausible at every turn, Wildly illogical and improbable occurrences in almost every scene. Embarrassing dialog throughout, as if it were written by a child. And this is the first ILM film (assuming they did the FX) I've seen with anything other than impressive and innovative visual effects... in One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Unbelievably bad. Startlingly implausible at every turn, Wildly illogical and improbable occurrences in almost every scene. Embarrassing dialog throughout, as if it were written by a child. And this is the first ILM film (assuming they did the FX) I've seen with anything other than impressive and innovative visual effects... in fact, they were shockingly substandard. The CGI on this film looked about like the quality of what you'd see on a, say, a Sci Fi channel original film... which is to say not very good. It seems as if they decided to rush a new Indy flick to the theaters; it seems to be cobbled together hastily with no attention to even the most basic points of physics and logic, maybe to meet some contractual obligation... or maybe just to squeeze one last drop out of the Indiana Jones series before Harrison Ford gets too old to be believable in the role. Expand
  82. KM
    Mar 23, 2009
    It's a decent enough sequel in the series, I don't think it deserves the harsh criticism the users are giving it, maybe it's just out-dated.
  83. KieranS
    Feb 26, 2009
    As another user has said, Indiana Jones hasn't always been realistic, nor does it have to be. Maybe it has some scenes where any ordinary human would die, but he is Indiana Jones after all! Just like James Bond, he cannot be killed. You may say "This movie is terrible because it has CGI in it" well: A) So does every-other movie today B) When Raiders, Temple and Crusade were released As another user has said, Indiana Jones hasn't always been realistic, nor does it have to be. Maybe it has some scenes where any ordinary human would die, but he is Indiana Jones after all! Just like James Bond, he cannot be killed. You may say "This movie is terrible because it has CGI in it" well: A) So does every-other movie today B) When Raiders, Temple and Crusade were released back in the 80s, they used Matte-Paints, CGI is the "Matte-Paints" of today. If you say it has terrible CGI, well, I would like to see YOU try and do CGI, CGI is if not, one of the hardest parts in movie as it is extremely complex to achieve something that is realistic, Indy IV DID achieve that. You could go "Why did Mutt swing on the vines with those monkeys??!? That was totally stupid and unrealistic" Well, how else would he have reached the vehicle in time? Well? Exactly. There was no other way (except for Running, even then would he encounter animals and not be able to reach it in time) Well, it does make perfect sense. In the 50s Aliens were a popular topic, the government were apparently hiding Aliens from the public, all the UFO "Sightings", not to mention the Roswell incident. It was the perfect topic because Aliens were associated heavily with the 1950s. Of Course the ending would be Alien because what creature has a skull like that? Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, and nothing is better seeing a classic hero come back after 19 years and kick ass! Expand
  84. Antonyk.
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lucas lured us into thinking that they can be trusted again, and we, unfortunately, believed him. While the first moments of the movie rang with all the epic ardor of the original trilogy, the film turned for worse the second Cate Blanchett showed up in an annoying hairstyle and plummeted to depths we all worried the franchise could fall years from now at the hands of a know-nothing Lucas lured us into thinking that they can be trusted again, and we, unfortunately, believed him. While the first moments of the movie rang with all the epic ardor of the original trilogy, the film turned for worse the second Cate Blanchett showed up in an annoying hairstyle and plummeted to depths we all worried the franchise could fall years from now at the hands of a know-nothing filmmaker banking on money coming in for an old favorite, now we know that Lucas himself, once again, who has the wrongs hands. Expand
  85. LaurenS.
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indiana Jones yet again takes the thrilling attempt of adventure, CGI and action sequences make it a great movie. But it's better than the 1st (raiders of the lost ark) and the 3rd (The last crusade), the 2nd one was not good at all. Indiana Jones, good movie, but not spielberg's best.
  86. nige
    Jan 4, 2009
    What i really don't get is why have CGI gophers, monkeys, scorpions and ants, but then use a rubber snake for Indy's biggest phobia? Silly, silly film. Some unintentionally funny lines though 'Not space.......the space between space' ??!?? John Hurt must have cringed all the way to the bank.
  87. RonaldB.
    Jan 4, 2009
    Replete with anachronisms ("same-old, same-old" which could be used as an overall comment) and acting on-the-cob, "Crystal Skull" was one of the few Spielberg efforts that found its way back to the slipcase ere the ending.
  88. WaltS.
    Dec 19, 2008
    Well, I'm not a die-hard Indiana Jones fan, nor a jaded hater off big motion pictures. All I wanted was a popcorn movie that could give me 2 hours of entertainment. The good news: the first 60-80 minutes of this movie are enjoyable. No, it's not on the level of Raiders of the Lost Ark by any means, but it gets the job done. The bad news: the last 40 minutes are absolutely Well, I'm not a die-hard Indiana Jones fan, nor a jaded hater off big motion pictures. All I wanted was a popcorn movie that could give me 2 hours of entertainment. The good news: the first 60-80 minutes of this movie are enjoyable. No, it's not on the level of Raiders of the Lost Ark by any means, but it gets the job done. The bad news: the last 40 minutes are absolutely horrible. The script is the real zero here: unquestionably wretched. The special effects make you want to do a double-take because they are so ridiculous. Literally, the last 40 or so minutes look like the product of Spielberg, Lucas, and whoever else throwing together patch-work ideas and other scenes borrowed from previous Indiana Jones movies and trying to make them stick. It is a little depressing that this movie is ranked in the Top 25 highest grossing movies of all time. Customers came looking for a great time and were cheated. Shame on everyone involved in the creation of this mess. Expand
  89. EmilyH.
    Dec 19, 2008
    Oh come on, Indiana Jones was never realistic - did you miss the shrieking woman and the Voodoo dolls in the second one? This film was great! It had Indiana Jones, as.....Indiana Jones and a load of other people you have accidentally already met in the other films, wound in the plot in a somewhat cunning, if cheesy way. Indiana Jones 4, made when Harrison Ford is what.............66? was Oh come on, Indiana Jones was never realistic - did you miss the shrieking woman and the Voodoo dolls in the second one? This film was great! It had Indiana Jones, as.....Indiana Jones and a load of other people you have accidentally already met in the other films, wound in the plot in a somewhat cunning, if cheesy way. Indiana Jones 4, made when Harrison Ford is what.............66? was never going to be the same as the others and the filmakers have emphasized this to their credit. I particularly like the tip-offs to the other films, it feels like a well-deserved 'good-bye' to the franchise. The nods to comparitative archaeology are well woven in and you get a brief sense of what Indiana Jones might do in his time off adventures. Overall - amazing!!!! Expand
  90. Jimbob
    Dec 14, 2008
    Beautiful cinematography and some wonderful moments in this (hopefully) last of the Indiana Jones series of films. Unfortunately, suffers from poor plot mechanics and diarrhoeal pacing. And the extraterrestrial theme to the "revelatory" ending was just cringeworthy. Still an Indiana Jones film is an Indiana Jones film, and the film is replete with the sense of mystery, exploration and Beautiful cinematography and some wonderful moments in this (hopefully) last of the Indiana Jones series of films. Unfortunately, suffers from poor plot mechanics and diarrhoeal pacing. And the extraterrestrial theme to the "revelatory" ending was just cringeworthy. Still an Indiana Jones film is an Indiana Jones film, and the film is replete with the sense of mystery, exploration and excitement that is the hallmark of its predecessores. Expand
  91. Anonymous
    Dec 11, 2008
    Simply wretched from beginning to end ... and the middle kinda sucks too.
  92. BC
    Dec 11, 2008
    this movie was completely cartoonish. I haven't seen this much randomly sprayed automatic weapons fire since the A-Team. The CGI quality of the chase scene thru the Jungle was laughably bad. Don't waste your time, please, you'll thank me.
  93. Daniel
    Dec 8, 2008
    This movie was a horrible experience, and for people who appreciated the good movies of the series (1st and 3rd), it is also an insult. 10 minutes into it i was already trying to figure out what the hell spielberg and lucas were thinking when they made this. The movie barely makes any sense on it's own terms, let alone ours. I mean god, i gotta ask this, can you really survive a This movie was a horrible experience, and for people who appreciated the good movies of the series (1st and 3rd), it is also an insult. 10 minutes into it i was already trying to figure out what the hell spielberg and lucas were thinking when they made this. The movie barely makes any sense on it's own terms, let alone ours. I mean god, i gotta ask this, can you really survive a nuclear blast by HIDING IN A FRIDGE? Questions like these are the ones you'll find yourselves asking throughout this movie. And it's such a boring experience, whereas in previous movies, you felt excited and some emotion as to the things that we're being discussed and found (ark or the cup of christ), here they don't even bother with any of that, it's just a 200 mile per second experience where nothing is really analized or explored, and nothing makes sense. Avoid this movie at all costs, it is not indiana jones by any means, it's a waste of money and time. Expand
  94. CraigG
    Nov 27, 2008
    Worst movie in the entire film industry. What a piece of S**t. Horrible acting, direction, screenplay, writing, etc. Shia is a terrible actor. Ford looked like he didn't want to be there. I would rather take a dump in my hand than watch this one again. Spielberg should be ashamed of himself. My pet turtle could have made a better movie than this c**p. He was my favorite movie maker, Worst movie in the entire film industry. What a piece of S**t. Horrible acting, direction, screenplay, writing, etc. Shia is a terrible actor. Ford looked like he didn't want to be there. I would rather take a dump in my hand than watch this one again. Spielberg should be ashamed of himself. My pet turtle could have made a better movie than this c**p. He was my favorite movie maker, but now the worst. Expand
  95. EvanS.
    Nov 23, 2008
    What starts out as a worthy successor quickly turns into ridiculous silliness about the time Karen Allen shows up on the scene. It's a mess.
  96. ChristopherJ.
    Nov 22, 2008
    After reading the reviews here I decided I should put my 2 cents in. If you didn't like it that's fine, but to blame it on the effects...is sort of ridiculous. The originals are known for amazing effects, why wouldn't they do the same here. I felt the plot and script were good. The story was great. The idea was fun and interesting. I felt it was a fine piece of cinema.
  97. JackS.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have to say...this did make me a little disappointed, it is really random, some of the time I didn't get it. I love Lucas and Spielberg's films, like I loved the Jurassic Park. But, this was just a little to fast, it did turn out to be a decent ending and still have some good action and humor.
  98. meso
    Nov 20, 2008
    Dull, hollywood cheese. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  99. NC.
    Nov 12, 2008
    From it's opening green screen madness (it's everywhere, but totally replicable by set and just done by choice by mr lazy bum himself)... it is clear, and eventually undeniable, that this film has been savaged by the now soulless wonder who made one of my all-time favourite childhood gems. I speak of George Lucas, who, allowed to go near the charcters and, oh dear God no, the From it's opening green screen madness (it's everywhere, but totally replicable by set and just done by choice by mr lazy bum himself)... it is clear, and eventually undeniable, that this film has been savaged by the now soulless wonder who made one of my all-time favourite childhood gems. I speak of George Lucas, who, allowed to go near the charcters and, oh dear God no, the STORY, has made the most blasphemous, ridiculous, endless yawnfest of unreailstic set-pieces (No, NO, NO! That is NOT what the series is based on and NOT what it has traditionally espoused at all Roger Ebert... I LOVED the other films, especially Raiders of the Lost Ark (But I HATED this dredge))... Back to film school Roger you hack. It's full of unconvincing acting or acting hammed up to the eyeballs (cos they knew it was crap, it's written all over the more astute actors' visages). It is childish, uses poor cgi to make animals that are cute but totally beside the point - totally (except to george, the retarded kidult), has balls been hit repeatedly etc (oh, hahahahahahaha, yeah, aweeeesome bro...)... and I would definitely rate this as the MOST disappointing movie I have seen since the turn of the century.... and I have watched PLENTY.... I have passed stools smarter than this film. Shame on you Geroge, get out of the game buddy, stop 'revisiting' (ie., ruining) classics and trying to make new ones when you have 100% lost it - artistically and intellectually... you are too old, let go... and as for you Mr two thumbs up Ebert, unless you want me to take your job and give it to one of the chimps from the film, learn to respect the difference between timeless classics with daring stunts as compared with mashed-up, hodge-podge, technically-obsessed (this film is full of machines and lasers and aliens, even though it is the 50s, nice one George, you f'ing iiiiiiiiiiidddiot) garbage with ridiculous transporter part 29 stunts that don't rase a heartbeat because they are George Lucas' yawny, dreamy, boring wet dreams about s*** that never happens and no one gets off on unless they are idiots or are 4 years old or both. The movie was total, utter, unmitigated GARBAGE. Go back to the ranch George, and FO. U ruined a classic series, ruined it. I am simply not counting it. It never happened. It's like a Crow sequel... WHAT crow sequels? That's what I say, and now I say, "What Indy 4? Stop talking nonsense." Hang your head in shame buddy.... and you Steven, how'd you let him do it!? Appalling..... Need an example? Girl drives car off cliff with everyone on board and onto a tree that bends over all the way to the bottom of the canyon (pefectly, with not a bump, hundreds of metres below) and they drive gently off.... cos who wouldn't? It's totally unrelaistic and also uncool.... wow!! Idiots....... I should give it 1/10, but it was the first blu-ray I watched on my new system and so I give it 1 more for looking awesome (and, I might add, awesome enough to see they barely used one set in the WHOLE film..... lazy scum). Expand
  100. ManuelB.
    Nov 8, 2008
    There is no depth to this movie. It is definitely not the continuation of a legend. Its boring and the plot is downright ridiculous. I don't understand how an actor with the backgroud of H. Ford agree to do this retarded show.

1. Harrison Ford? Terrific -- and re-energized.
  2. Director Steven Spielberg seems intent on celebrating his entire early career here. Whatever the story there is, a vague journey to return a spectacular archeological find to its rightful home -- an unusual goal of the old grave-robber, you must admit -- gets swamped in a sea of stunts and CGI that are relentless as the scenes and character relationships are charmless.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    There are scenes in the new movie that seem like stretching exercises at a retirement home; there are garrulous stretches, and even the title seems a few words too long. But once it gets going, Crystal Skull delivers smart, robust, familiar entertainment.