5.3

1. Dec 27, 2012
    The whole Aliens ending was an awful way to end the film but it was still enjoyable to watch. It was action packed, Had good acting, and it was entertaining. I can see why Indiana Jones fans hate it but it wasn't all that bad.
  2. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not as bad as some people might think, but nevertheless, Indy is not in his prime anymore. The adventure and mystifying elements of the first three movies were all brought down by the use of aliens at the end. really> Aliens? Very unsatisfying. Either way, the rest of the movie wasn't bad. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2011
    "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is a decent movie to add into the Jones Franchise. The movie is way outdated with a 'old' performance by 'old' Harrison Ford. Looks like Spielberg & Lucas is getting older...
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    After 20 years, Indiana Jones returned for a new generation to enjoy. It is simply amazing that at almost 70 years of age, Harrison Ford was able to do this movie, and even perform some of his own stunts. In the film, they introduce Shia LaBeouf as his son, so that the franchise can continue. Indiana Jones has been around since the early 80s. There are hundreds of books and stories theyAfter 20 years, Indiana Jones returned for a new generation to enjoy. It is simply amazing that at almost 70 years of age, Harrison Ford was able to do this movie, and even perform some of his own stunts. In the film, they introduce Shia LaBeouf as his son, so that the franchise can continue. Indiana Jones has been around since the early 80s. There are hundreds of books and stories they could have chosen from, and I suspect most of them would have been better than the Crystal Skull. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't bad, but aliens, Elvis, sword fights on the back of a jeep, cannibalistic ants, and Shia swinging through the Amazon with a family of monkeys? That's not Indiana Jones. I realize they wanted to portray him in perhaps the final years of his career, but the story was not great. The action scenes, effects, stunts, and cast were all great, and what you've come to expect from Indy, but the movie itself wasn't the best. It's enjoyable and worth seeing, but for the most part it doesn't fit with what we know of Indiana Jones. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2011
    This is my favorite Indiana Jones movie of them all. It may have a different story than the others but somehow it stands out further than the others to me. Plus, Harrison Ford is still Indiana Jones.
  6. Jul 24, 2014
    'Kingdom of Crystal Skull's' action scenes are so effortlessly fake I instantly find a dislike for the movie. The action scenes lack the deadpan delivery of Harrison Ford, the CGI was horridly unnecessary, that it destroyed the classic tradition of Indian Jones, and Shia Labeouf was so conceited I wished he had gotten eaten by the ants (By the way, Siafu ants don't live in South America,'Kingdom of Crystal Skull's' action scenes are so effortlessly fake I instantly find a dislike for the movie. The action scenes lack the deadpan delivery of Harrison Ford, the CGI was horridly unnecessary, that it destroyed the classic tradition of Indian Jones, and Shia Labeouf was so conceited I wished he had gotten eaten by the ants (By the way, Siafu ants don't live in South America, George Lucas). This film should have been made in the mid 90's at the most, when this s**t CGI didn't exist. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    At times you feel that it's slightly repeated, this fourth installment does not disappoint. It has a number of great thrills, exciting chases, and it's just good fun.
  8. May 11, 2013
    It's been a while since Indy has been on the big screen and the decision to make a new fresh film might not have paid off. It's a good movie, and certainly entertaining, but too heavy on CGI in my opinion and as well as that Cate Blanchett just can't pull off the villain well. It has its shining moments and there's no denying it's a fun cast, but the new characters like Mutt & Irina simplyIt's been a while since Indy has been on the big screen and the decision to make a new fresh film might not have paid off. It's a good movie, and certainly entertaining, but too heavy on CGI in my opinion and as well as that Cate Blanchett just can't pull off the villain well. It has its shining moments and there's no denying it's a fun cast, but the new characters like Mutt & Irina simply don't compare to those of the originals. Overall fans will probably still like it, and I did too. Expand
  9. Apr 29, 2013
    This movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to say that it has some of the old and the new. For old, it still has its enjoyable swash-buckling action sequences, which truly helps give the movie a boostThis movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to say that it has some of the old and the new. For old, it still has its enjoyable swash-buckling action sequences, which truly helps give the movie a boost (in a sense). For the new, it adds in some new characters and a plot that doesn't live up to the trilogy's expectations. All the characters are pretty average and have some good moments, but there's one big problem that stands in there way. This movie has some of the worst screenplay I've ever heard. When you hear a character say those cheesy on-liners, it just sounds terrible. The reason I gave this movie a 6 is that it has good memorable swash-buckling action and the story (beside getting to the alien part) really tries to bring back a legend. Overall, for some of its major bumps on the road, it's still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. Expand
  10. Mar 28, 2015
    Harrison Ford has still got it in him to return his landmark action hero to the screen and please old fans and new ones alike. To bad that everything else didn't turn out so well. Shia laBeouf was the worst choice for a supporting actor and a lot of the plot elements have been re-hashed. Watching it, it reminded me of the Jaws sequels. Not Jaws number two. Because that was the good one.
  11. Nov 13, 2013
    Crystal Skull has viewers bashing in theirs.
    Indiana Jones makes a very unnecessary sequel to the otherwise spotless series. The acting was okay, but the story was painfully flawed with a mediocre script, and a nearly pointless ending.
  12. Sep 1, 2010
    Indiana Jones returns, but with Russians, skulls, atomic bombs & the 1950s.
    Well it wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be. Being a massive Raiders fan there were some nice returns & references.
    Shia Labeouf plays his part pretty well whilst Cate Blanchett is on Autopilot as the stereotypical baddie. The main problems with it is that it's too far fetched, even for Indiana Jones (fridge &
    Indiana Jones returns, but with Russians, skulls, atomic bombs & the 1950s.
    The main problems with it is that it's too far fetched, even for Indiana Jones (fridge & waterfalls). These make the rubber dingy bit in Temple of Doom look perfectly viable.
    Also, the story is a bit ropey. I believe it was all George Lucas's idea so this explains why. Maybe he'll go back & change it in a few years?
    I also thought with all the CGI used, it didn't have the same charm as the other films.
  13. Jan 1, 2012
    I thought it was good. Yes it did annoy me that it was about aliens but still, Its classic Indiana Jones. This film was really made to introduce a new generation of fans to Jones and I think it works good.
  14. Jun 25, 2014
    Probably the worst film I have ever seen. Not only because of its reliance on incredibly bad CG effect, but also because of the shlock camp value and idiocy of the villains. No one should ever see this film!
  15. Aug 27, 2010
    If there is one thing this movie succeeds at it is entertainment, even if only in the campiest sense of the word. Unfortunately, in this case fans were hoping for so much more.
  16. Mar 14, 2011
    Sheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones weSheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones we all know and love. Expand
  17. Aug 23, 2010
    growing up loving the original trilogy i couldnt wait for this film . though i believed it arrived 15 years to late. its not a bad film but really doesnt capture what the original trilogy was . shilo boof like always is annoying and a insult to fans to think he may become the next indiana jones . some people where upset that they moved away from the reliougous theme towards aliens . igrowing up loving the original trilogy i couldnt wait for this film . though i believed it arrived 15 years to late. its not a bad film but really doesnt capture what the original trilogy was . shilo boof like always is annoying and a insult to fans to think he may become the next indiana jones . some people where upset that they moved away from the reliougous theme towards aliens . i didnt mind it it infact its still following the same lines if you know your history . many archioligists believe that the nascans and other from that area worshiped some thing that resembled aliens . so it looked to me they where still on that theme . the action was good although didnt feel near as good as raiders or last crusade . it was a ok entry to the series but not really the ending i woulda liked the series to go out on. my only last and best hope is they dont bring that moron shilo boof in to replace harrison ford as indiana jones . just let this series stay dead. Expand
  18. Jan 13, 2013
    The spark of action humour and villains has fizzled out and George Lucas has killed another good film series, repeating the disaster of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
  19. Jul 30, 2011
    Great follow up to possibly the greatest movie series ever. Not the best one of the lot though but I completely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a hell of an adventure!
  20. Oct 11, 2010
    Although this film retains all of the Indiana Jones necessities it goes way over the top when introducing the 'extra-dimensional' beings to the equation. This is Indiana Jones and not Star Trek. Apart from this, Ford is as lively and as brilliant as ever and keeps his comic timing but LeBoeuf, well, he just didn't cut it.
  21. Jul 12, 2012
    This movie is very underrated. I thought that, although it wasn't as good as the first three Indiana Jones films, it found Indy back in adventurous shape and recaptured the genuine fun of the originals. Really, guys, see this movie! It was good!
  22. Jan 15, 2015
    Rewatched it recently on BD. After nearly 20 years we see Harrison Ford return as Indiana Jones in this sequel. I thought the movie was pretty good. Indiana Jones series always involved the supernatural and this installment is no different. Its definitely better than Temple of Doom thats for sure.
  23. Feb 23, 2012
    This movie should have never been made. It is a discredit to the original trilogy, and it damages the series as a whole. Aliens should not have been included in an Indiana Jones film. Also, I know that there has always be an element of the ridiculous in the franchise, but seriously, some of the scenes in this film are downright ludicrous. Spielberg and Lucas need to learn that theirThis movie should have never been made. It is a discredit to the original trilogy, and it damages the series as a whole. Aliens should not have been included in an Indiana Jones film. Also, I know that there has always be an element of the ridiculous in the franchise, but seriously, some of the scenes in this film are downright ludicrous. Spielberg and Lucas need to learn that their classics should not be tampered with. A train wreck. Expand
  24. Jul 15, 2013
    I personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone isI personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone is obsessed with Zombies, the 50s had people obsessing with aliens). The film packs in great action sequences, a fun script (with only one disappointing part at the end of the film), great acting by all the cast (Harrison Ford has still got it) and the music once again is awesome. Overall I really enjoyed this film and I look forward to a possible Indiana Jones 5. Expand
  25. Apr 6, 2011
    What is with all of the negative criticism? Sure, the ending could've been better, but the fun action, good acting, and a great score, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a great movie. And people complaining that hte movie is too unrealistic, that is insane. Did you ever see Temple of Doom?
  26. Dec 4, 2012
    Didn't quite live up to the quality of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade". But much better than "The Temple of Doom". A decent movie with decent special effects, an okay story and true to the Indiana Jones franchise (well except "Aliens?" really? Shouldn't it be some kind of Old Testament Religious artifact or Hindu Curse? But whatever... BTW: I wonder if this movie was theDidn't quite live up to the quality of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade". But much better than "The Temple of Doom". A decent movie with decent special effects, an okay story and true to the Indiana Jones franchise (well except "Aliens?" really? Shouldn't it be some kind of Old Testament Religious artifact or Hindu Curse? But whatever... BTW: I wonder if this movie was the inspiration for the over-the-top Ancient Aliens show lol). Expand
  27. May 10, 2013
    He may not be the best, but it has Harrison Ford in the style of the character, and packed with a good plot regularly, makes it worthwhile.And it shows that the union of Spielberg and Lucas still works right.
  28. Dec 29, 2012
    I've never understood the hate for this belated fourth Indy installment. "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is just about everything I expected it to be . . . just another Indiana Jones film. It's a sweet and satisfying nostalgic indulgence that brings back everything you knew and loved about the series. No, of course it's not as memorable as the first three, and yeah, it is tamer and moreI've never understood the hate for this belated fourth Indy installment. "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is just about everything I expected it to be . . . just another Indiana Jones film. It's a sweet and satisfying nostalgic indulgence that brings back everything you knew and loved about the series. No, of course it's not as memorable as the first three, and yeah, it is tamer and more family-friendly than the others. But it's not a bad movie, it's still a lot of fun. Shia is, to great relief, much more bearable here than in "Transformers"; Cate Blanchett is great as the Soviet villain; and the plotline with the crystal skull is very entertaining. And yeah, I don't mind the aliens. I honestly don't. They were still done in the same way as the Ark, the Grail or even the Temple of Doom - it was just aliens this time, and about as plausible as any of the other concepts. The jungle chase sequence is the highlight of the action (and I'll admit, yeah, the monkeys were just a tad silly), the alien discovery scene is fun, there's some fun new music score (listen closely for a brief borrowing from Speilberg's 'War of the Worlds') and overall, it's just . . . fun. Pure popcorn fun. And what the heck's wrong with that? True, the Indy series would have been more than fine as a trilogy, but this last-minute addition is certainly a welcome encore and deserves its place along the other three. Expand
  29. Jan 11, 2015
    It may not be that appealing to longtime Indiana Jones fans, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is still a great adventure with more than enough action and (slightly) funny dialogue. Shia LaBeouf is not a problem. The movie is very underrated.
  30. May 23, 2012
    Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did yourIndiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did your research, if it has crystal skull in the name, it's probably gonna have aliens in it, and anyway, the aliens are cool. What's so bad about sword fights, they're not bad. If it's different from its predecessors, that doesn't mean it's bad, it's a really good film! Expand

1. Harrison Ford? Terrific -- and re-energized.
  2. Director Steven Spielberg seems intent on celebrating his entire early career here. Whatever the story there is, a vague journey to return a spectacular archeological find to its rightful home -- an unusual goal of the old grave-robber, you must admit -- gets swamped in a sea of stunts and CGI that are relentless as the scenes and character relationships are charmless.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    There are scenes in the new movie that seem like stretching exercises at a retirement home; there are garrulous stretches, and even the title seems a few words too long. But once it gets going, Crystal Skull delivers smart, robust, familiar entertainment.