5.3

1. DarrenZ.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Are you a fan of Indiana Jones and his particular brand of over-the-top action films? Then you will love "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Are you one of those bitter and jaded movie goers who insists that everything was done better yesterday? Then you will hate "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". That's pretty much all you need to know to decide if seeing this movie will be worth your Are you a fan of Indiana Jones and his particular brand of over-the-top action films? Then you will love "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Are you one of those bitter and jaded movie goers who insists that everything was done better yesterday? Then you will hate "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". That's pretty much all you need to know to decide if seeing this movie will be worth your time. In my case, I loved it. It's everything I expect and want from an Indiana Jones movie; nothing more, and nothing less. Expand
  2. MI
    May 23, 2008
    HE"S BACK!!!! Indy is still great. This is a movie to just enjoy and not to take serious. Don't analyze it, just have fun with it.
  3. SusanL.
    May 28, 2008
    Hey, this is an Indiana Jones movie -- period sets, world travel, secret kingdoms buried treasure and a story line straight from a British Boys' Adventure book from the 50's. It is not a movie about Iraq. There is no deep thought here. Thank God. Last fall there was nothing but deep thought and Iraq and nobody went to the movies. Indiana Jones is a franchise people go to the movies for.
  4. WaltG
    May 22, 2008
    Clearly the 4th best in the series, but in such a wonderful series that's not a bad thing. It's a whole lot of fun and that's all it needed to be.
  5. AndrewD
    May 22, 2008
    This movie I think brought Indiana Jones to the new era, keeping all of its core elements and modernising them. The humour was fantastic but I thinnk there wasn't enough of it. The aamount of action was brilliant despite being a little over the top at times, I wonder if this old Indie can actually do some of the things in this movie, and walk away. The plot is a little farfetched but This movie I think brought Indiana Jones to the new era, keeping all of its core elements and modernising them. The humour was fantastic but I thinnk there wasn't enough of it. The aamount of action was brilliant despite being a little over the top at times, I wonder if this old Indie can actually do some of the things in this movie, and walk away. The plot is a little farfetched but compelling, and fast moving. It was a little shallow but entertaining throughout. Great choice of actors too. I would like to have given it 8.5 not just 8. Expand
  6. AustinB.
    May 23, 2008
    Not as good as the old ones, but a helluva lot better than the star wars prequels. Besides, after seeing Iron Man, every movie from now on is superfluous.
  7. FredG.
    May 23, 2008
    I was expecting more. It was fun and went by quickly, but contained no new material. Thought the crystal skull looked like it was made of plastic and tin foil.
  8. ManRaySky
    May 27, 2008
    I was half dreading and half looking forward to this, and I was surprised how good a film it is. Whereas Lucas completely trashed Star Wars, I think this is a pretty decent addition to the Indiana ouvre. It was a canny idea to move it forward 20 years to the 1950's amd there are some wonderfully detailed moments which still prove Speilberg to be a great action director. Don't I was half dreading and half looking forward to this, and I was surprised how good a film it is. Whereas Lucas completely trashed Star Wars, I think this is a pretty decent addition to the Indiana ouvre. It was a canny idea to move it forward 20 years to the 1950's amd there are some wonderfully detailed moments which still prove Speilberg to be a great action director. Don't see the problem with having Aliens as the main plotline (fits in well with the 1950's B Movie idea). Just don't mention the swinging through the vines scene. Expand
  9. DaveR.
    May 30, 2008
    A great fun movie that never disappointed in spite of the silly ending which itself was inline with the previous movies, especially Temple of Doom.
  10. KarthikP.
    May 30, 2008
    Fun, entertaining, and made With an abundance of what appears to be honest genuinely amusing, Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is a worthy addition to one of the great movie franchises. Im happy that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas set out to make one for the fans and delivered it.
  11. SteveF.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Very enjoyable movie well worth the price of a theater ticket. No Raiders but way better than temple! I liked the first half of the movie better than the second half. Some of the action sequences were a bit far fetched
  12. JoeM.
    Aug 10, 2008
    What's all the fuss? Preposterous yes, but also highly entertaining. And as I recall, that's what all the Indiana Jones films have been, I mean come on, Temple of Doom is one of the silliest films I've ever seen, but it's still a great thrill ride and so is this. A worthy entry in the series. Haters, GET OVER IT.
  13. LaurenS.
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indiana Jones yet again takes the thrilling attempt of adventure, CGI and action sequences make it a great movie. But it's better than the 1st (raiders of the lost ark) and the 3rd (The last crusade), the 2nd one was not good at all. Indiana Jones, good movie, but not spielberg's best.
  14. JackS.
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have to say...this did make me a little disappointed, it is really random, some of the time I didn't get it. I love Lucas and Spielberg's films, like I loved the Jurassic Park. But, this was just a little to fast, it did turn out to be a decent ending and still have some good action and humor.
  15. RhodyT.
    Oct 15, 2008
    I can't be the only one who doesn't live in a dream world where aliens are less ridiculous than a box that melts faces, right?
  16. BrandonS.
    Oct 16, 2008
    Impossible to fulfill my hopes, but it totally exceeded my expectations. An excellent movie, and a fine sequel.
  17. DavidF
    Oct 17, 2008
    The first 100 minutes of this movie is classic Indiana Jones and worth a 9 or 10. The last 20 minutes were rediculous. If voting for that alone this movie would get a 2 from me.
  18. ThomasW.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Enjoyable film, couldn't see much wrong with it, I guess some people expected way too much and thought it was going to best the originals, which is kinda unreasonable and unrealistic to be honest. Had everything an Indy film needs, action, chases, fist fights, and a sense of awe and discovery.
  19. BillS.
    May 19, 2008
    True to tradition. Just have expectation of CGI like in previews, and you will enjoy it more.
  20. MattA
    May 22, 2008
    Indiana Jones proves that Harrison Ford can still portray a believeable action Hero, 19 years later in his life. The art direction and cinematography was pretty, as well as the special effects. However, the movie is plagued by campy plot twists and some cheesy action sequences that almost feel like George Lucas said, "I want to play too." It's hard for me to hate an Indiana Jones Indiana Jones proves that Harrison Ford can still portray a believeable action Hero, 19 years later in his life. The art direction and cinematography was pretty, as well as the special effects. However, the movie is plagued by campy plot twists and some cheesy action sequences that almost feel like George Lucas said, "I want to play too." It's hard for me to hate an Indiana Jones movie, and i can't possibly say that i didn't find it at least entertaining to see one of my favorite characters back on screen. If it wasn't Indiana Jones, it'd probably be a 5 or 6, but Indy gives it that extra bump. Expand
  21. SimonC.
    May 22, 2008
    If you liked the others you'll like this one. Even Shia Labouf (or whatever) did a surprisingly good job. My only gripe (if I must have one) is that try though they did it still looked like a current style movie with CG and what not, but hey, no big deal. I hope they do another!
  22. JoshS.
    May 22, 2008
    Good, campy, dumb fun. I had a great time. It's probably as good or slightly better than Temple of Doom. I could have done without some of the CGI. The CGI animals, CGI refrigerator bouncing wildly and cartoonishly around the desert, some of the CGI backgrounds, etc. just do not sit well with me. That being said, there were some great one-liners, lots of over-the-top chase scenes, Good, campy, dumb fun. I had a great time. It's probably as good or slightly better than Temple of Doom. I could have done without some of the CGI. The CGI animals, CGI refrigerator bouncing wildly and cartoonishly around the desert, some of the CGI backgrounds, etc. just do not sit well with me. That being said, there were some great one-liners, lots of over-the-top chase scenes, fun stunts, and the characteristic goofiness that we've all come to love. I can't wait to see it, and the rest of the series, again. Expand
  23. PriyanthT
    May 22, 2008
    Its full of adventure and Harrison Ford has done the impossible stunt for his age. And Steven Spielberg has been very inventive and didn't let the hope down of the fans and he has made the audience to enjoy it. Some scenes are really funny and this has raised the name again.
  24. PaulM.
    May 23, 2008
    I have to say this movie doesn't disappoint, however it doesn't really impress either. With better than just average performances from Kidder, Ford and LaBeouf, I was surprised to discover the terrible "russian" accent delivered was by none other than Cate Blanchett. Terribly cheesy. Like Gorgonzola. The special effects are, as expected from George, fairly spectacular. Sadly the I have to say this movie doesn't disappoint, however it doesn't really impress either. With better than just average performances from Kidder, Ford and LaBeouf, I was surprised to discover the terrible "russian" accent delivered was by none other than Cate Blanchett. Terribly cheesy. Like Gorgonzola. The special effects are, as expected from George, fairly spectacular. Sadly the scenes of showing me a ground hog's reaction to a nuclear explosion are reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks. The cinematography, editing and stunts are all fine, but to wrap it all up, the story is far too thin to let you walk away saying "Wow I wish it was longer". It's more like " Wow I wish I had waited to rent this." Expand
  25. NateH
    May 23, 2008
    I thought this movie was very good. The action is great, the story is well thought out and really cool, and there are a lot of hidden easter eggs for indy fans. My only complaint is that this should have been done sooner.
  26. DanR.
    May 23, 2008
    This is classic Indiana Jones. The formula has not been modernized to appeal to the more jaded theater audience of today. Those unaccustomed to watching fun, adult-oriented action movies may not get it. For those of us that remember and loved them, however, it is an absolute blast. They don't make them like this anymore, and that's a shame.
  27. AndrewG.
    May 23, 2008
    Good clean fun, never dull, and good to see him back. The story is a bit bizarre, Blanchette could have been a little more sympathetic - but it's simple to follow. Better than Temple of Doom, which at least serves to elevate this new offering. Rated 10 to increase the average to what this film deserves! (about 7-8).
  28. EvanT
    May 24, 2008
    This movie stays defiantly true to the previous films. There was only one problem that I myself had with this film, but I still rated it a ten becuase it is just my tastes. With the expanded tech in recent years, most of the effects are digital, which is a dissapointment, but my good sir do not fret, this is as genuine an Indy experience as you will get. 10/10
  29. Brandon
    May 26, 2008
    Great film, although no where close to the older Indy's. It could have done without a few of the scenes.. some of which just seemed like last minute thoughts and others were just cheesed out (Shia swinging from branches, WTF was that?
  30. KentC
    May 26, 2008
    You all need to relax and stop giving this movie such harsh reviews. This was an incredible action movie, much better than other summer blockbusters like iron man or speed racer, and that jungle chase scene was one of the most exciting chase scenes in any movie I've seen. The parts that did bring the movie down was that stupid monkey rope swinging scene, and the plot got silly at the You all need to relax and stop giving this movie such harsh reviews. This was an incredible action movie, much better than other summer blockbusters like iron man or speed racer, and that jungle chase scene was one of the most exciting chase scenes in any movie I've seen. The parts that did bring the movie down was that stupid monkey rope swinging scene, and the plot got silly at the end, but the main thing was that the film was dark. It was a bit hard to see in the beginning until you got used to it, but they could have brightened the film up. Kind of hurt the eyes a bit. Expand
  31. MikeQ.
    May 27, 2008
    Very fun movie. Don't listen to all these fanboys complaining about aliens. This is no more far fetched than the other 3. I really enjoyed this movie and cant wait for the next.
  32. SamC.
    May 27, 2008
    Indiana Jones has always been unbelievable. Are Aliens any more preposterous than killer angels or an immortal crusader? The start is a bit meh, Blanchett is useless as the villain but this sticks faithfully to the Indie formula and I really enjoyed it.
  33. JeffA.
    May 28, 2008
    Loved the movie - great action set pieces, great humor, great finale! Bring on Indy V!
  34. GeoffG
    May 28, 2008
    Not the Best Indy but still very entertaining and fun. I left the theartre with a satisfied grin. Agree that Tarzan moment just took me out of the movie and cringe like everyone else. Did not fit at all George and Steve.
  35. GeoffreyF.
    May 29, 2008
    People are freaking out way too much about the alien plot device. They do not make it a big deal about the actual ALIENS, There is no emphasis on meeting the visitors from another world. The important thing is the crystal skull artifact, and getting it to its final resting place. That makes it a classic Indy film through and through. I think they did a spectacular job, but I was a bit People are freaking out way too much about the alien plot device. They do not make it a big deal about the actual ALIENS, There is no emphasis on meeting the visitors from another world. The important thing is the crystal skull artifact, and getting it to its final resting place. That makes it a classic Indy film through and through. I think they did a spectacular job, but I was a bit disappointed with some overly done CGI in the film, balancing between two cars at high speeds? :-/ thats all minor stuff, I would have given the score as 8.5 but i can only choose 8 or 9. Harrison Ford has still got it, nuff said. Summary: Great new Indy film, a bit rough around the edges, but authentic Indy fun! People just need to stop freaking out about the plot device. Expand
  36. DaveL
    May 31, 2008
    Been a big fan of the Indy movies. Was a bit worried about this one, but it did not disappoint! Harrison Ford is a great as ever! He's still got that wit and charisma about him thats so suited to the character. Top performance by both Ford and LaBeouf. Plenty of action, fun and humor which is what makes the Indy films so great! A+
  37. BradleyD.
    Jun 13, 2008
    It was an good, if a little bizarre, action film but it simply was not a good Indy film. The film, whilst generally enjoyable, featured too many odd twists and lacked the traditional relic-hunting that ifred Indy to greatness
  38. JakeA.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Personally, I really enjoyed it! Sucked me in to another world for 2 hours which is what I want from a movie.
  39. MelmanD
    Jun 1, 2008
    Relally good. Scereenplay supurb.Indylooked old sometimes, but, ith was cool
  40. RobertoM.
    Jun 1, 2008
    Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford keep the Indiana touch and LaBeouf is a good surprise. There´s no sense in compairing it with the predecessors, you´d better enjoy it as a satisfactory adventure movie!
  41. TedK.
    Jun 20, 2008
    This film had me grinning like a small child. It totally entranced me. I love how the filmmakers went WAY WAY over the top. Its unabashed silliness is what makes this movie great.
  42. saml
    Jun 20, 2008
    Now, keep in mind, I'm incredibly pretentious. I could bore you to death talking about Bergman and I loved My Dinner With Andre. And yet, I enjoyed the hell out of this. The second he survives a nuke in a fridge all bets are off in ridiculousness.
  43. RichardC.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Lazy, lazy viewers. Can't even just sit back and enjoy something breathtaking, new, overwhelming and beautiful if it isn't in accordance with what your depressingly limited expectations laid out for you. What a tremendous hulking mess of a movie. Not fresh material? Storyline too much to handle? You poor limited souls. Go back and eat some more McDonalds. Haters are being Lazy, lazy viewers. Can't even just sit back and enjoy something breathtaking, new, overwhelming and beautiful if it isn't in accordance with what your depressingly limited expectations laid out for you. What a tremendous hulking mess of a movie. Not fresh material? Storyline too much to handle? You poor limited souls. Go back and eat some more McDonalds. Haters are being virulent these days... Expand
  44. KonradB
    Jun 30, 2008
    Excellent film, and charmingly naive for the Internet age. The story was a brilliant pastiche of materials from the '50s pop bin, South American mythology, and Von Donnegan's aliens-built-mayan-civilization schtick (which fits better into a movie than a term-paper essay). Good female characters, too, and the decision to present the Soviets as less menacing than the Nazis was a Excellent film, and charmingly naive for the Internet age. The story was a brilliant pastiche of materials from the '50s pop bin, South American mythology, and Von Donnegan's aliens-built-mayan-civilization schtick (which fits better into a movie than a term-paper essay). Good female characters, too, and the decision to present the Soviets as less menacing than the Nazis was a tasteful one. Expand
  45. ChrisH.
    Jun 4, 2008
    Not as good as the first movie, but definitely as good as the second and third. Vine swinging was a bit of a reach, but I enjoyed the movie overall.
  46. JesseS.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Well, aside from the other previous reviews, I liked the movie. Yes, it was generally cheesy, and yes, the "alien" plot wasn't really Indiana Jones material, but I liked it, and it's just what I expected. Of course, anyone that didn't like it has to remember: it's been ninteen years since the last film. Ford, Spielburg, and Lucas have been involved in countless other Well, aside from the other previous reviews, I liked the movie. Yes, it was generally cheesy, and yes, the "alien" plot wasn't really Indiana Jones material, but I liked it, and it's just what I expected. Of course, anyone that didn't like it has to remember: it's been ninteen years since the last film. Ford, Spielburg, and Lucas have been involved in countless other projects since then. They're not going to be true-to-form after all these years, and they did what they could to give us a good movie without it being another B-Movie. Expand
  47. DavidV
    Jun 7, 2008
    Pretty much what I was expecting from the next Indiana Jones movie. Still fun, with great stunts and a charismatic Harrison Ford. There were some ridiculous scenes, but as I said before, I went in expecting them.
  48. AlexT.
    Jun 8, 2008
    This movie was fun, far-fetched, action-packed and great to watch on the big screen. For those of you who were expecting something other than that, you were wasting your time watching this movie. A great film for the cinema, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it on my own TV screen.
  49. JonathanL.
    Jul 7, 2008
    Despite the hype, the new Indiana Jones proves to be a solid mixture of story, character and adventure. Not many movies have been able to give you a glimpse into the excitement of adventuring new areas. Meanwhile, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has great action sequences, great editing, but a slightly ridiculous ending.
  50. Ethan
    Oct 16, 2008
    Its got that movie magic
  51. JaredK.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is an underated gem. I'm not surprised so many complain. Some won't give anything a chance. Still, it's great.
  52. JohnC.
    May 18, 2008
    Indiana Jones 4 has been a 15 year wait. and its worth it.
  53. TysonF.
    May 21, 2008
    One of the best movie's ive seen in years!!!!
    May 22, 2008
    The only reason people aren't scoring this higher is because they are comparing it to raiders, and crudsade. Which is hardly fair. I don't think anyone thought this would be the best of the series, and its not. But it is definitely a worthy and welcomed addition. This is a solid sequel and a hell of a lot of fun. If you liked the first three then you'll like this.
  55. Albert
    May 22, 2008
    For God's sake! Did the Village Voice guy even watched to movie at all? I feared what could happen with one of my favorite movie characters but Indy is back in full form here! Forget what critics might say. Just enjoy!
  56. IndyFan
    May 22, 2008
    Not perfect, but a great ride!!! Well worth the visit to the theater, and I will see it again and again. Skull needed to look a little more like crystal, and a little less like a halloween trinket. Beyond that, awesome movie!
  57. AaronB
    May 22, 2008
    Apart from the action scenes in the jungle which are way way way too over the top (Lucas have you not learned!) I really enjoyed most of the movie. There are some new classic lines in there, and is a fitting tribute to Tin Tins 'Flight 714' adventure. Gotta suspend your disbelief on this one.
  58. JamesS
    May 22, 2008
    Sometimes the CGI and the plot get a bit cringeworthy, but the cast and non-stop action more than hold it together and it's quite frankly excellent. Proper Indiana Jones.
  59. JoshN
    May 22, 2008
    This movie is classic. hahaha, I loved how cheesy it was, yet still very intelligent
  60. MackM.
    May 22, 2008
    I don't know why everyone is voting this one down for. It's still the same Indy we know and love and although there are supernatural elements in the movie, that in no way ruins the movie. It's very good.
  61. NickD
    May 22, 2008
    It's An Indy Film! But how does it stack up against the classics? Crystal Skull is most definitely a true blue Indiana Jones film. That being said, it is the worst of the Indiana Jones films. Not that that is all bad. I'd still take Crystal Skull over any modern action film (Spider-Man, Pirates, Casino Royale, and Iron Man included) hence the perfect score. Anyone and everyone It's An Indy Film! But how does it stack up against the classics? Crystal Skull is most definitely a true blue Indiana Jones film. That being said, it is the worst of the Indiana Jones films. Not that that is all bad. I'd still take Crystal Skull over any modern action film (Spider-Man, Pirates, Casino Royale, and Iron Man included) hence the perfect score. Anyone and everyone should see Crystal Skull, Indy fan or not, as it is the best movie is a long, long time. Still, when stacked up against the classics, it does fall short (just barely). From here on out, expect many SPOILERS: First off, Harrison Ford is NOT too old. I never once thought, "gee, he's sixty-five." And the movie is very tasteful at making fun of his age where appropriate, but not overdoing it. From the minute it starts, Skull will blow you away with how it looks. It is shot like an old Indy film. I thought I was in a theater in the 80s (which is impressive, cause I would have have to have been an infant to pull off such a feat). The opening at Area 51 is great! Jones at its best. I'd stack up the opening action sequences with all my favorites from the classic films. We see Indy fight in the warehouse, we get a glimpse of the Ark, and we see our hero survive a nuclear bomb. I'll admit, I was worried about the bomb part, having heard about it going in, but it was executed brilliantly, and fit in well with classic Jones. The 50s vibe of the film is great. It really takes advantage of the Red Scare, and Greasers, and aliens, really everything that makes the 50s the 50s. We see Jones deal with CIA and FBI and KGB in a way that would make Bond jealous. There is a great bit with Greasers and a 50s style brawl in a 50s diner which Mutt fits into perfectly. Really, the first half of the film is top notch. Almost classic Indiana Jones. The second half is not quite as good. A lot of clue following broken up by some respectable action scenes, but nothing that comes close to Raiders, Doom, or Crusade. The dialogue is always so on the nose! Even when the audience has already figured something out, Mutt or Indiana will repeat an earlier clue and then tell them again what it means. The River Boat action scene was not as good as I had heard. I actually like the opening one at Area 51 better. It really seemed that Mutt was doing much more action than Indy, which bothered me a bit. Also, The only part of the movie I truly hated came in this action scene. Mutt is taught to swing by Monkeys? Come on. Lame! Plus, this is the most CGIy part of the film. Everywhere else is seems tasteful and unnecessary, here it is a little over done. Ah, Mutt (Shia's character). What can I say about Mutt? He starts off fine. His greaser character aspects work surprisingly well and he is a fine character. But, as the film gets into its weaker half, he begins to pick up more and more of Indiana's slack until he's doing more in the River Boat chase than Indiana is! Is Mutt destined to replace Jones? (God, when he almost put on the hat at the end I was about to leave the theater. Thank you, Spielberg, for having Indy take what was rightfully his). let's hope not. I was open to the idea going in, and he was an alright character, but he is NO Indiana Jones and after seeing the film, a Mutt spin off is a horrible idea! Lots of other good secondary character here that fit the Jones films. Mac is great, Irina Spalko is a fine baddie (though she pales in comparison to Donavin or Belloq), and Marion is a welcome return to the series. The Macguffin is fine with me too. I have seen the power of God before, and now I have no problems with aliens and psychics. Some Jones fans may be turned off by aliens, but are they any more ridiculous than the power of God melting people's faces? To Sum It All Up: Good action, looks and feels like the classics (90% of the time), good wit, and lots of Indiana Jones! The best action film you can get in this millennium. Still, Mutt and Monkeys, a wee bit too much CGI in the River Boat scenes, some weak dialoge, the kinda lame wedding ending, and the fact this film was made 20 years after the others keeps it from beings as good as Raiders, Doom, or Crusade. So go see it for God's sake. And Lucas, if you are listening, I'd be fine with a 5th true Indy film, but NO MUTT MOVIE! Expand
  62. sorenu.
    May 22, 2008
    I was expecting a mediocore action flick but man this movie blew me away! I was on the edge of my seat for the entire time. It was non-stop with some great allusions to the old films and its back with one line zingers. Sure its not as funny as the originals but do not let this deter you from an amazing movie going experience
  63. DaynziC.
    May 23, 2008
    Pretty damn awesome, except for the stupid CGI animals. Totally could've gone without those. It was a good addition to the series. But did it bother anyone else that they almost NEVER CALLED HIM INDY?!?
  64. GaryB.
    May 23, 2008
    This should be spoiler free, so here goes: The good bits are really, really good
  65. JosephAccetta
    May 23, 2008
    Just as much fun as the others. I don't see what all the fuss is about. At first I had difficulty with it but frankly it quickly swept me up in an extremely fun adventure.
  66. Wargamer
    May 23, 2008
    This film was everything I hoped it would be. It felt every bit as thrilling as the old trilogy, and it is going to take some beating. Indy 4 is lining up to be my Film of The Year!
  67. WillC.
    May 23, 2008
    Not a Masterwork, but good clean Indie fun the way you remembered it. A tad too much popcorn for the kids, but plenty of adult level plotting to keep you engaged during the entire "ride".
  68. TMo
    May 23, 2008
    This movie rocks. Ya'll are haters... what'd you expect, 2001: A Space Odyssey? C'mon, cut 'em some slack.
  69. RMM
    May 24, 2008
    Looking forward to the next installment, where Harrison plays to Shia, as Sean did to Harrison. Pls don't make us wait until 19 years!
  70. SlyF.
    May 24, 2008
    I was not hyped and thus not dissatisfied at all. Indy 4 is a fun 148 min of escapism.
  71. CharlesG.
    May 24, 2008
    Goes where no Indiana Jones movie has gone before. The territory this movie covers is completely unexpected - at least if you avoid spoilers. The action was fantastic just like the other Jones movies. Shia and Ford are great together. This movie was worthy of resurrecting the Indiana Jones franchise.
  72. GuenterO.
    May 24, 2008
    Movie gives this magic Spielberg feeling. But Indy 3 is still the best.
  73. RobH.
    May 24, 2008
    This one seems to have divided people. All I know is that I loved it... all of it... apart from the monkys.
  74. IanB.
    May 24, 2008
    Sure, it isn't perfect - but it's a load of goofy fun with a ton of nostalgia heaped on. Ford is fabulous as ever as Indy, and it's great to see him in the role again. Go see it and just enjoy it, and leave the overanalysis to the cynics who've forgotten how to just have fun.
  75. JuanC.
    May 24, 2008
    I dont see why people say so much trash about this movie? are they dumb? what did they expect? you have to be dumbt to expect a lot from this movie and let yourself be dissapointed... if you expect a good and fun movie, you'll love it.
  76. TonyT.
    May 24, 2008
    This is not the best Indy movie, but it is a damn good one. I would say it is better than Temple for sure. The action is tight, Harrison still delivers and Shia is surprisingly good in his role. The chase scenes in this one are some of the best in the Indy series. While the film doesn't hold a candle to Raiders, I would say that it still a good movie overall and a great Indy film.
  77. Gustavo²
    May 25, 2008
    It has all the magic and adventurous elements that made Spielberg the King of Hollywood. Already an underrated masterpiece.
  78. EmmaG.
    May 25, 2008
    The world is different but Indy is the same.
  79. RichS
    May 25, 2008
    I liked it. It wasn't as good as the first or third one but it's definitely a good movie. I would highly recommend this as it's a lot better than 99% of the crap that's out there.
  80. ThomasC.
    May 25, 2008
    A complete re-invention of a classic hero ! Indy 4 is a great 1950's sci-fi movie.
  81. GeorgeP.
    May 25, 2008
    Indy is back and quite frankly - it had better not be for the last time - I want more Indiana Jones! I'll be seeing it at least three times this week, and likely once more after that. Guys - bring us more Indy! George, Steven, Harrison - I want at te very least two more. Harrison proved he not only isn't to old, but that he was once again born to wear the hat and carry the whip! Indy is back and quite frankly - it had better not be for the last time - I want more Indiana Jones! I'll be seeing it at least three times this week, and likely once more after that. Guys - bring us more Indy! George, Steven, Harrison - I want at te very least two more. Harrison proved he not only isn't to old, but that he was once again born to wear the hat and carry the whip! Don't say goodbye - give us a new Trilogy! Expand
  82. ColinP
    May 26, 2008
    Not perfect but very enjoyable Indiana Jones film. Many people hate the script but I think it suits the older Jones better, can't have him in the same frame of mind as before. This film is brilliantly crafted, great acting, directing, special effects. Better for having been a different sort of film than being a crowd-pleasing rehash of past formula's.
  83. DerekT.
    May 26, 2008
    Dr. Jones is back! For all the little cry babies out there saying this movie sucks and the ending is ridiculous, go watch the first three movies and tell me that this is any more ridiculous than the others. It is the same. Which means it is awesome!
  84. KieferH.
    May 26, 2008
    It was great, all but the guy swinging from the trees.
  85. vidman
    May 26, 2008
    The cast does a great job, but the story is very predictable and ridiculous at times, and the entire movie uses too many special effects. It is missing the raw feel of the originals.
  86. NelB.
    May 27, 2008
    It was on par with Temple of Doom. Not as good as the 1st or 3rd movie. Maybe Lucas needs to stop writing.
  87. RobertS.
    May 27, 2008
    The movie delivered exactly what you should expect from an Indiana Jones movie. Some over the top action with some supernatural elements. It was a fun two hours.
  88. TylerG.
    May 27, 2008
    Something about this was uninspired to me. It seemed like they went through the normal motions of a sequel. I found the whole experience to be pretty disappointing.
  89. DarthDead
    May 29, 2008
    Indiana Jones 4 is like the other Indy Movies. It is genius especially the dialogs.
  90. Zack
    May 29, 2008
    This movie was exactly what I expected: another indiana jones movie. This movie is getting trashed in the exact same way Speed Racer got trashed. The critics and audience seemed to have expected some deep philisophical dialogue, but they forgot what Indy is all about. This movie is packed full of adventure, and the humorous dialogue is still just as funny as the original movies. So what This movie was exactly what I expected: another indiana jones movie. This movie is getting trashed in the exact same way Speed Racer got trashed. The critics and audience seemed to have expected some deep philisophical dialogue, but they forgot what Indy is all about. This movie is packed full of adventure, and the humorous dialogue is still just as funny as the original movies. So what if it's unbelievable? Spirits coming out of the ark are just as unrealistic. In my opinion, Lucas and Spielberg did a fantastic job at making another Indy thrill ride. Expand
  91. JohnS.
    May 29, 2008
    Sure one finds many flaws if one wants to. I don't. Indy 4 is alltogether a nice piece of entertainment and pure escapism. Everybody who expected more might be dissappointet. To those I say: Better a bad Indy than no Indy at all ;)
  92. JonathanH
    May 30, 2008
    After reading all of the horrible reviews I thought this was going to be a real stinker. Turns out it was an enjoyable experience. Not great by any means, but certainly not the disaster a lot of people have made it out to be. A fun ride, and gets a solid grade B from me.
  93. Benjyx
    May 30, 2008
    I dont know what everyones problem with this was. Spoiler* the aliens reflected the time and if you thought they were ridiculous what about the melting faces and invisible paths that have graced over jone's films. It was a very good film that didn't take itself seriously and was fun what more can you want from it?
  94. DanL
    Jun 10, 2008
    I really have to laugh at all of the people below who rated this movie a zero. Please ignore those reviews and realize that those people are being incredibly dramatic. This is not the Indiana Jones we remember from the 80's, but it's not a complete failure either. If you're expecting to see another masterpiece like Raiders of the Lost Ark, yeah... you'll most likely be I really have to laugh at all of the people below who rated this movie a zero. Please ignore those reviews and realize that those people are being incredibly dramatic. This is not the Indiana Jones we remember from the 80's, but it's not a complete failure either. If you're expecting to see another masterpiece like Raiders of the Lost Ark, yeah... you'll most likely be VERY disappointed. If you're expecting a summer blockbuster with huge production values and fun action scenes, you'll leave the theater satisfied. Sure, some of the CGI is unconvincing and the movie's theme is far too Sci Fi for the Indy franchise, but it's all very entertaining if you can see past those shortcomings. Don't pay any attention to the people below... this is not the disaster that the second Star Wars trilogy was. Expand
  95. ZekeB.
    Jun 11, 2008
    I thought it was as good as expected. I enjoy these kind of plot lines.
  96. MartinH
    Jun 1, 2008
    First, as with any movie, try to not read or watch too much about it before you see it. It's always best to let the story reveal itself to you as the director intended. This is definitely a fun movie to see and I highly recommend it. Lots of action. Fun lines. Old, and new, friends. A little romance. Now onto the [***SPOILER***] part of my review: It is interesting to read how other First, as with any movie, try to not read or watch too much about it before you see it. It's always best to let the story reveal itself to you as the director intended. This is definitely a fun movie to see and I highly recommend it. Lots of action. Fun lines. Old, and new, friends. A little romance. Now onto the [***SPOILER***] part of my review: It is interesting to read how other people are complaining that the plot seemed silly or how in real life something like that could never happen. So, an ark with the power to level armies is real? Or a knight can live eternal guarding the cup of Christ? Or an evil high-priest can grab the beating heart out of a living man? All of the Indy movies are unbelievable and a bit silly (they are, after all, an homage to the 1930 Expand
  97. JimmyW.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Entertaining, Ox was hilarious.
  98. PamelaD.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Welcome back Indie! You still got it!
  99. CliffB
    Jun 15, 2008
    I swear by the Ark of The Covenant, some people need to lighten up. I went to this movie expecting the worst and came away pleasantly surprised. It's an Indiana Jones movie! Many of the criticisms are valid, however, so I will say it once again: It's an Indiana Jones movie! What are people expecting? Personally I was happy that they weren't fighting ex-nazis or some rehash I swear by the Ark of The Covenant, some people need to lighten up. I went to this movie expecting the worst and came away pleasantly surprised. It's an Indiana Jones movie! Many of the criticisms are valid, however, so I will say it once again: It's an Indiana Jones movie! What are people expecting? Personally I was happy that they weren't fighting ex-nazis or some rehash of the old films. It was good to see something new. Expand
  100. LucaM.
    Jun 17, 2008
    A true master piece! Everyones needs at least to 2 view to be capable of fully appreciate all its potential !!! Better than Raider to me!

1. Harrison Ford? Terrific -- and re-energized.
  2. Director Steven Spielberg seems intent on celebrating his entire early career here. Whatever the story there is, a vague journey to return a spectacular archeological find to its rightful home -- an unusual goal of the old grave-robber, you must admit -- gets swamped in a sea of stunts and CGI that are relentless as the scenes and character relationships are charmless.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    There are scenes in the new movie that seem like stretching exercises at a retirement home; there are garrulous stretches, and even the title seems a few words too long. But once it gets going, Crystal Skull delivers smart, robust, familiar entertainment.