5.3

1. KarthikP.
    May 30, 2008
    Fun, entertaining, and made With an abundance of what appears to be honest genuinely amusing, Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is a worthy addition to one of the great movie franchises. Im happy that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas set out to make one for the fans and delivered it.
  2. RhodyT.
    Oct 15, 2008
    I can't be the only one who doesn't live in a dream world where aliens are less ridiculous than a box that melts faces, right?
  3. BillS.
    May 19, 2008
    True to tradition. Just have expectation of CGI like in previews, and you will enjoy it more.
  4. SimonC.
    May 22, 2008
    If you liked the others you'll like this one. Even Shia Labouf (or whatever) did a surprisingly good job. My only gripe (if I must have one) is that try though they did it still looked like a current style movie with CG and what not, but hey, no big deal. I hope they do another!
  5. AndrewG.
    May 23, 2008
    Good clean fun, never dull, and good to see him back. The story is a bit bizarre, Blanchette could have been a little more sympathetic - but it's simple to follow. Better than Temple of Doom, which at least serves to elevate this new offering. Rated 10 to increase the average to what this film deserves! (about 7-8).
  6. EvanT
    May 24, 2008
    This movie stays defiantly true to the previous films. There was only one problem that I myself had with this film, but I still rated it a ten becuase it is just my tastes. With the expanded tech in recent years, most of the effects are digital, which is a dissapointment, but my good sir do not fret, this is as genuine an Indy experience as you will get. 10/10
  7. MikeQ.
    May 27, 2008
    Very fun movie. Don't listen to all these fanboys complaining about aliens. This is no more far fetched than the other 3. I really enjoyed this movie and cant wait for the next.
  8. DaveL
    May 31, 2008
    Been a big fan of the Indy movies. Was a bit worried about this one, but it did not disappoint! Harrison Ford is a great as ever! He's still got that wit and charisma about him thats so suited to the character. Top performance by both Ford and LaBeouf. Plenty of action, fun and humor which is what makes the Indy films so great! A+
  9. RichardC.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Lazy, lazy viewers. Can't even just sit back and enjoy something breathtaking, new, overwhelming and beautiful if it isn't in accordance with what your depressingly limited expectations laid out for you. What a tremendous hulking mess of a movie. Not fresh material? Storyline too much to handle? You poor limited souls. Go back and eat some more McDonalds. Haters are being Lazy, lazy viewers. Can't even just sit back and enjoy something breathtaking, new, overwhelming and beautiful if it isn't in accordance with what your depressingly limited expectations laid out for you. What a tremendous hulking mess of a movie. Not fresh material? Storyline too much to handle? You poor limited souls. Go back and eat some more McDonalds. Haters are being virulent these days... Expand
  10. JaredK.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This is an underated gem. I'm not surprised so many complain. Some won't give anything a chance. Still, it's great.
  11. JohnC.
    May 18, 2008
    Indiana Jones 4 has been a 15 year wait. and its worth it.
  12. TysonF.
    May 21, 2008
    One of the best movie's ive seen in years!!!!
  13. IndyFan
    May 22, 2008
    Not perfect, but a great ride!!! Well worth the visit to the theater, and I will see it again and again. Skull needed to look a little more like crystal, and a little less like a halloween trinket. Beyond that, awesome movie!
  14. JoshN
    May 22, 2008
    This movie is classic. hahaha, I loved how cheesy it was, yet still very intelligent
  15. NickD
    May 22, 2008
    It's An Indy Film! But how does it stack up against the classics? Crystal Skull is most definitely a true blue Indiana Jones film. That being said, it is the worst of the Indiana Jones films. Not that that is all bad. I'd still take Crystal Skull over any modern action film (Spider-Man, Pirates, Casino Royale, and Iron Man included) hence the perfect score. Anyone and everyone It's An Indy Film! But how does it stack up against the classics? Crystal Skull is most definitely a true blue Indiana Jones film. That being said, it is the worst of the Indiana Jones films. Not that that is all bad. I'd still take Crystal Skull over any modern action film (Spider-Man, Pirates, Casino Royale, and Iron Man included) hence the perfect score. Anyone and everyone should see Crystal Skull, Indy fan or not, as it is the best movie is a long, long time. Still, when stacked up against the classics, it does fall short (just barely). From here on out, expect many SPOILERS: First off, Harrison Ford is NOT too old. I never once thought, "gee, he's sixty-five." And the movie is very tasteful at making fun of his age where appropriate, but not overdoing it. From the minute it starts, Skull will blow you away with how it looks. It is shot like an old Indy film. I thought I was in a theater in the 80s (which is impressive, cause I would have have to have been an infant to pull off such a feat). The opening at Area 51 is great! Jones at its best. I'd stack up the opening action sequences with all my favorites from the classic films. We see Indy fight in the warehouse, we get a glimpse of the Ark, and we see our hero survive a nuclear bomb. I'll admit, I was worried about the bomb part, having heard about it going in, but it was executed brilliantly, and fit in well with classic Jones. The 50s vibe of the film is great. It really takes advantage of the Red Scare, and Greasers, and aliens, really everything that makes the 50s the 50s. We see Jones deal with CIA and FBI and KGB in a way that would make Bond jealous. There is a great bit with Greasers and a 50s style brawl in a 50s diner which Mutt fits into perfectly. Really, the first half of the film is top notch. Almost classic Indiana Jones. The second half is not quite as good. A lot of clue following broken up by some respectable action scenes, but nothing that comes close to Raiders, Doom, or Crusade. The dialogue is always so on the nose! Even when the audience has already figured something out, Mutt or Indiana will repeat an earlier clue and then tell them again what it means. The River Boat action scene was not as good as I had heard. I actually like the opening one at Area 51 better. It really seemed that Mutt was doing much more action than Indy, which bothered me a bit. Also, The only part of the movie I truly hated came in this action scene. Mutt is taught to swing by Monkeys? Come on. Lame! Plus, this is the most CGIy part of the film. Everywhere else is seems tasteful and unnecessary, here it is a little over done. Ah, Mutt (Shia's character). What can I say about Mutt? He starts off fine. His greaser character aspects work surprisingly well and he is a fine character. But, as the film gets into its weaker half, he begins to pick up more and more of Indiana's slack until he's doing more in the River Boat chase than Indiana is! Is Mutt destined to replace Jones? (God, when he almost put on the hat at the end I was about to leave the theater. Thank you, Spielberg, for having Indy take what was rightfully his). let's hope not. I was open to the idea going in, and he was an alright character, but he is NO Indiana Jones and after seeing the film, a Mutt spin off is a horrible idea! Lots of other good secondary character here that fit the Jones films. Mac is great, Irina Spalko is a fine baddie (though she pales in comparison to Donavin or Belloq), and Marion is a welcome return to the series. The Macguffin is fine with me too. I have seen the power of God before, and now I have no problems with aliens and psychics. Some Jones fans may be turned off by aliens, but are they any more ridiculous than the power of God melting people's faces? To Sum It All Up: Good action, looks and feels like the classics (90% of the time), good wit, and lots of Indiana Jones! The best action film you can get in this millennium. Still, Mutt and Monkeys, a wee bit too much CGI in the River Boat scenes, some weak dialoge, the kinda lame wedding ending, and the fact this film was made 20 years after the others keeps it from beings as good as Raiders, Doom, or Crusade. So go see it for God's sake. And Lucas, if you are listening, I'd be fine with a 5th true Indy film, but NO MUTT MOVIE! Expand
  16. Wargamer
    May 23, 2008
    This film was everything I hoped it would be. It felt every bit as thrilling as the old trilogy, and it is going to take some beating. Indy 4 is lining up to be my Film of The Year!
  17. JuanC.
    May 24, 2008
    I dont see why people say so much trash about this movie? are they dumb? what did they expect? you have to be dumbt to expect a lot from this movie and let yourself be dissapointed... if you expect a good and fun movie, you'll love it.
  18. Gustavo²
    May 25, 2008
    It has all the magic and adventurous elements that made Spielberg the King of Hollywood. Already an underrated masterpiece.
  19. EmmaG.
    May 25, 2008
    The world is different but Indy is the same.
  20. RichS
    May 25, 2008
    I liked it. It wasn't as good as the first or third one but it's definitely a good movie. I would highly recommend this as it's a lot better than 99% of the crap that's out there.
  21. ThomasC.
    May 25, 2008
    A complete re-invention of a classic hero ! Indy 4 is a great 1950's sci-fi movie.
  22. GeorgeP.
    May 25, 2008
    Indy is back and quite frankly - it had better not be for the last time - I want more Indiana Jones! I'll be seeing it at least three times this week, and likely once more after that. Guys - bring us more Indy! George, Steven, Harrison - I want at te very least two more. Harrison proved he not only isn't to old, but that he was once again born to wear the hat and carry the whip! Indy is back and quite frankly - it had better not be for the last time - I want more Indiana Jones! I'll be seeing it at least three times this week, and likely once more after that. Guys - bring us more Indy! George, Steven, Harrison - I want at te very least two more. Harrison proved he not only isn't to old, but that he was once again born to wear the hat and carry the whip! Don't say goodbye - give us a new Trilogy! Expand
  23. DerekT.
    May 26, 2008
    Dr. Jones is back! For all the little cry babies out there saying this movie sucks and the ending is ridiculous, go watch the first three movies and tell me that this is any more ridiculous than the others. It is the same. Which means it is awesome!
  24. DarthDead
    May 29, 2008
    Indiana Jones 4 is like the other Indy Movies. It is genius especially the dialogs.
  25. Zack
    May 29, 2008
    This movie was exactly what I expected: another indiana jones movie. This movie is getting trashed in the exact same way Speed Racer got trashed. The critics and audience seemed to have expected some deep philisophical dialogue, but they forgot what Indy is all about. This movie is packed full of adventure, and the humorous dialogue is still just as funny as the original movies. So what This movie was exactly what I expected: another indiana jones movie. This movie is getting trashed in the exact same way Speed Racer got trashed. The critics and audience seemed to have expected some deep philisophical dialogue, but they forgot what Indy is all about. This movie is packed full of adventure, and the humorous dialogue is still just as funny as the original movies. So what if it's unbelievable? Spirits coming out of the ark are just as unrealistic. In my opinion, Lucas and Spielberg did a fantastic job at making another Indy thrill ride. Expand
  26. LucaM.
    Jun 17, 2008
    A true master piece! Everyones needs at least to 2 view to be capable of fully appreciate all its potential !!! Better than Raider to me!
  27. Luke
    Jun 2, 2008
    A great movie, one of the best in the Indy Franchise and well worth the price of admission. Probably the best movie I have seen this year.
  28. ZaneA.
    Jun 20, 2008
    To all how didn't like the film I say you all have no imagination! This was the best film I've seen in a long time.
  29. KieranS
    Feb 26, 2009
    As another user has said, Indiana Jones hasn't always been realistic, nor does it have to be. Maybe it has some scenes where any ordinary human would die, but he is Indiana Jones after all! Just like James Bond, he cannot be killed. You may say "This movie is terrible because it has CGI in it" well: A) So does every-other movie today B) When Raiders, Temple and Crusade were released As another user has said, Indiana Jones hasn't always been realistic, nor does it have to be. Maybe it has some scenes where any ordinary human would die, but he is Indiana Jones after all! Just like James Bond, he cannot be killed. You may say "This movie is terrible because it has CGI in it" well: A) So does every-other movie today B) When Raiders, Temple and Crusade were released back in the 80s, they used Matte-Paints, CGI is the "Matte-Paints" of today. If you say it has terrible CGI, well, I would like to see YOU try and do CGI, CGI is if not, one of the hardest parts in movie as it is extremely complex to achieve something that is realistic, Indy IV DID achieve that. You could go "Why did Mutt swing on the vines with those monkeys??!? That was totally stupid and unrealistic" Well, how else would he have reached the vehicle in time? Well? Exactly. There was no other way (except for Running, even then would he encounter animals and not be able to reach it in time) Well, it does make perfect sense. In the 50s Aliens were a popular topic, the government were apparently hiding Aliens from the public, all the UFO "Sightings", not to mention the Roswell incident. It was the perfect topic because Aliens were associated heavily with the 1950s. Of Course the ending would be Alien because what creature has a skull like that? Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, and nothing is better seeing a classic hero come back after 19 years and kick ass! Expand
  30. EmilyH.
    Dec 19, 2008
    Oh come on, Indiana Jones was never realistic - did you miss the shrieking woman and the Voodoo dolls in the second one? This film was great! It had Indiana Jones, as.....Indiana Jones and a load of other people you have accidentally already met in the other films, wound in the plot in a somewhat cunning, if cheesy way. Indiana Jones 4, made when Harrison Ford is what.............66? was Oh come on, Indiana Jones was never realistic - did you miss the shrieking woman and the Voodoo dolls in the second one? This film was great! It had Indiana Jones, as.....Indiana Jones and a load of other people you have accidentally already met in the other films, wound in the plot in a somewhat cunning, if cheesy way. Indiana Jones 4, made when Harrison Ford is what.............66? was never going to be the same as the others and the filmakers have emphasized this to their credit. I particularly like the tip-offs to the other films, it feels like a well-deserved 'good-bye' to the franchise. The nods to comparitative archaeology are well woven in and you get a brief sense of what Indiana Jones might do in his time off adventures. Overall - amazing!!!! Expand
  31. DavidJ
    May 15, 2008
    The most amazing movie of the year so far, IJ:atKotCS is a masterpiece. Fantastic story, special effects, writing, and acting combine fruitfully to entertain anyone who lays eyes on it.
  32. PistolP.
    Best adventure film ever since Lastu Crusade
  33. ErinL.
    May 18, 2008
    This is classic Indiana Jones! It's superb in every way, from the storyline and action sequences to the characters and humor. Kudos to all involved!
  34. Guerrer
    May 22, 2008
    It's extremely better than "Temple of Doom" and as spectacular as the other two. It has the truth Indiana Jones essence, combined well with the unknown powers of old myths and legends. ( ET ) I can not wait for the next film! Fate of Atlantis perhaps?
  35. Bob
    May 22, 2008
    Excellent fun. If you rate it as a film in itself and not against 20+ years of familiarity and dribbling expectation you've got to love it. If you don't leave the theatre wanting to run and jump around on things like Indy then your inner 10 year old has gone AWOL.
  36. JaclynK.
    May 24, 2008
    Rated 10 to increase reader average to what this film deserves - its a thoroughly enjoyable comeback, if a little silly.
  37. MarilynZ
    May 25, 2008
    Wonderfully entertaining. Great fun. The only movie we have seen in years where we went on the first day and paid full price instead of waiting for it drop to half price in two weeks. I can't wait until I get this on DVD.
  38. NormanH.
    May 28, 2008
    The best part was that Indiana Jones did not take himself to serious nor did the movie makers. It was a fun movie to see.
  39. cb
    May 28, 2008
    Great movie for Indy fans and who are still a kid at heart and haven't become dark and jaded.
  40. DamienF.
    May 29, 2008
    I loved this movie. The actors were perfect. The story was good but I must admit that the end was a little strange. But Spielberg did well and I hope another movie.
  41. Mar 6, 2011
    What the heck is with all the negative critisism? This movie is awesome! It feels exactly like an old fashioned Indy movie! Granted, its not as good as those movies, but who would expect it to be? The acting is great, the action is intense and lots of fun, and the same adventurous atmosphere that made the others so much fun is back full throttle! Yes, it's very unrealistic, but what IndyWhat the heck is with all the negative critisism? This movie is awesome! It feels exactly like an old fashioned Indy movie! Granted, its not as good as those movies, but who would expect it to be? The acting is great, the action is intense and lots of fun, and the same adventurous atmosphere that made the others so much fun is back full throttle! Yes, it's very unrealistic, but what Indy movie is? Yes, I didn't really like the whole alien thing, but that's the only thing I didn't like about it. Overall, KOTCS is a great installment in the amazing franchise. Expand
  42. Oct 4, 2011
    The best of all the four films, interesting, impressive images and effects, funny, and entertaining, a good film after 19 years that we saw for the last time Indiana Jones, the new score is good, a good job made by Steven Spielberg.
  43. Nov 27, 2011
    This is my favorite Indiana Jones movie of them all. It may have a different story than the others but somehow it stands out further than the others to me. Plus, Harrison Ford is still Indiana Jones.
  44. Jul 11, 2012
    Great film. I'm still happy with it and most everyone I know thought it was good back when it came out. I liked it alot when it came out but it's grown alot on me moreso than I had expected. It's not my second favorite of the series! :) Raiders is still always the best, though. But in all seriousness, this is a great film and while not worth 20 years of waiting, it's still awesome as canGreat film. I'm still happy with it and most everyone I know thought it was good back when it came out. I liked it alot when it came out but it's grown alot on me moreso than I had expected. It's not my second favorite of the series! :) Raiders is still always the best, though. But in all seriousness, this is a great film and while not worth 20 years of waiting, it's still awesome as can be. Indy will always be the very best. Check it out, it's a good sequel! :) Expand
  45. Jul 15, 2013
    I personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone isI personally really enjoyed this film, it was full of fun action/adventure sequences and had a rather interesting story or script. It felt amazing to have Indy back in action, while this is the worst film of the series, it still is a great film! The style of the 50s is present and perfectly set, along with its Crystal Skull which matched the times (just like now a days everyone is obsessed with Zombies, the 50s had people obsessing with aliens). The film packs in great action sequences, a fun script (with only one disappointing part at the end of the film), great acting by all the cast (Harrison Ford has still got it) and the music once again is awesome. Overall I really enjoyed this film and I look forward to a possible Indiana Jones 5. Expand
  46. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everybody thinks that Indiana Jones & the Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull is a bad movie, but c'mon people, it's been 19 years since the last movie! They had to change the storyline to update it with the times! By 1957, the Americans have defeated the Nazis & engaged in a space race with the Russians! This was the Cold War, not World War II! And besides, Harrison Ford & Karen Allen are still really good actors! Expand
  47. DarrenZ.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Are you a fan of Indiana Jones and his particular brand of over-the-top action films? Then you will love "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Are you one of those bitter and jaded movie goers who insists that everything was done better yesterday? Then you will hate "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". That's pretty much all you need to know to decide if seeing this movie will be worth your Are you a fan of Indiana Jones and his particular brand of over-the-top action films? Then you will love "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Are you one of those bitter and jaded movie goers who insists that everything was done better yesterday? Then you will hate "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". That's pretty much all you need to know to decide if seeing this movie will be worth your time. In my case, I loved it. It's everything I expect and want from an Indiana Jones movie; nothing more, and nothing less. Expand
  48. MI
    May 23, 2008
    HE"S BACK!!!! Indy is still great. This is a movie to just enjoy and not to take serious. Don't analyze it, just have fun with it.
  49. AustinB.
    May 23, 2008
    Not as good as the old ones, but a helluva lot better than the star wars prequels. Besides, after seeing Iron Man, every movie from now on is superfluous.
  50. BrandonS.
    Oct 16, 2008
    Impossible to fulfill my hopes, but it totally exceeded my expectations. An excellent movie, and a fine sequel.
  51. NateH
    May 23, 2008
    I thought this movie was very good. The action is great, the story is well thought out and really cool, and there are a lot of hidden easter eggs for indy fans. My only complaint is that this should have been done sooner.
  52. DanR.
    May 23, 2008
    This is classic Indiana Jones. The formula has not been modernized to appeal to the more jaded theater audience of today. Those unaccustomed to watching fun, adult-oriented action movies may not get it. For those of us that remember and loved them, however, it is an absolute blast. They don't make them like this anymore, and that's a shame.
  53. JeffA.
    May 28, 2008
    Loved the movie - great action set pieces, great humor, great finale! Bring on Indy V!
  54. MelmanD
    Jun 1, 2008
    Relally good. Scereenplay supurb.Indylooked old sometimes, but, ith was cool
  55. TedK.
    Jun 20, 2008
    This film had me grinning like a small child. It totally entranced me. I love how the filmmakers went WAY WAY over the top. Its unabashed silliness is what makes this movie great.
  56. KonradB
    Jun 30, 2008
    Excellent film, and charmingly naive for the Internet age. The story was a brilliant pastiche of materials from the '50s pop bin, South American mythology, and Von Donnegan's aliens-built-mayan-civilization schtick (which fits better into a movie than a term-paper essay). Good female characters, too, and the decision to present the Soviets as less menacing than the Nazis was a Excellent film, and charmingly naive for the Internet age. The story was a brilliant pastiche of materials from the '50s pop bin, South American mythology, and Von Donnegan's aliens-built-mayan-civilization schtick (which fits better into a movie than a term-paper essay). Good female characters, too, and the decision to present the Soviets as less menacing than the Nazis was a tasteful one. Expand
  57. JesseS.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Well, aside from the other previous reviews, I liked the movie. Yes, it was generally cheesy, and yes, the "alien" plot wasn't really Indiana Jones material, but I liked it, and it's just what I expected. Of course, anyone that didn't like it has to remember: it's been ninteen years since the last film. Ford, Spielburg, and Lucas have been involved in countless other Well, aside from the other previous reviews, I liked the movie. Yes, it was generally cheesy, and yes, the "alien" plot wasn't really Indiana Jones material, but I liked it, and it's just what I expected. Of course, anyone that didn't like it has to remember: it's been ninteen years since the last film. Ford, Spielburg, and Lucas have been involved in countless other projects since then. They're not going to be true-to-form after all these years, and they did what they could to give us a good movie without it being another B-Movie. Expand
  58. Ethan
    Oct 16, 2008
    Its got that movie magic
  59. MackM.
    May 22, 2008
    I don't know why everyone is voting this one down for. It's still the same Indy we know and love and although there are supernatural elements in the movie, that in no way ruins the movie. It's very good.
  60. sorenu.
    May 22, 2008
    I was expecting a mediocore action flick but man this movie blew me away! I was on the edge of my seat for the entire time. It was non-stop with some great allusions to the old films and its back with one line zingers. Sure its not as funny as the originals but do not let this deter you from an amazing movie going experience
  61. GuenterO.
    May 24, 2008
    Movie gives this magic Spielberg feeling. But Indy 3 is still the best.
  62. KieferH.
    May 26, 2008
    It was great, all but the guy swinging from the trees.
  63. Benjyx
    May 30, 2008
    I dont know what everyones problem with this was. Spoiler* the aliens reflected the time and if you thought they were ridiculous what about the melting faces and invisible paths that have graced over jone's films. It was a very good film that didn't take itself seriously and was fun what more can you want from it?
  64. PamelaD.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Welcome back Indie! You still got it!
  65. CliffB
    Jun 15, 2008
    I swear by the Ark of The Covenant, some people need to lighten up. I went to this movie expecting the worst and came away pleasantly surprised. It's an Indiana Jones movie! Many of the criticisms are valid, however, so I will say it once again: It's an Indiana Jones movie! What are people expecting? Personally I was happy that they weren't fighting ex-nazis or some rehash I swear by the Ark of The Covenant, some people need to lighten up. I went to this movie expecting the worst and came away pleasantly surprised. It's an Indiana Jones movie! Many of the criticisms are valid, however, so I will say it once again: It's an Indiana Jones movie! What are people expecting? Personally I was happy that they weren't fighting ex-nazis or some rehash of the old films. It was good to see something new. Expand
  66. ClydeK.
    Jun 9, 2008
    I'm happy to say that unlike the new "Star Wars" movies, Indy 4 does not try to be anything that the previous Indy movies were not. It's still just pure, cheesy, thrilling old-fashioned fun, evoking old movie serials and sci-fi b-movies from the 50s. After 19 years, even the distinct 80s charm that the movie has feels retro and completely welcome among all this year's other I'm happy to say that unlike the new "Star Wars" movies, Indy 4 does not try to be anything that the previous Indy movies were not. It's still just pure, cheesy, thrilling old-fashioned fun, evoking old movie serials and sci-fi b-movies from the 50s. After 19 years, even the distinct 80s charm that the movie has feels retro and completely welcome among all this year's other summer blockbusters. The actors and actresses totally ham it up and they all look like they are having an absolute blast (especially Karen Allen who returns to the series after a 27 year abscence). Any worries I had that the series' concept would not survive the transition into the Cold War era were cleared up for me the moment Blanchett's KGB character, Irina Spalko, utters her first lines in that completely ridiculous Russian accent. The script makes constant reference to Indy's age, but Ford is better-than-ever (and still quite handsome, I must add) as the bull-whipping adventurer and part-time professor of archeology. Thanks so much to everyone involved in getting this movie made (finally!) and here's hoping they'll bring Indy back for at least one more film before he hangs up that fedora for good... and that we won't have to wait another 19 years. Expand
  67. BrianF
    Jun 9, 2008
    I went to this movie rather apprehensive, and I came away impressed by the film. Of course it will never be as good as the first movie, but it's definitely the first film I've seen in a long time that had me smiling and wishing that it would never end. Well done.
  68. EricS
    Jul 7, 2008
    I found the new installment offering a fresh, augmented feeling to the world of indy, and at the same time, enough familiarity to feel connected to the prior movies. This new chapter, though not as unsullied as Raiders, certainly has a lot to offer the audience. Perhaps its biggest affection is the place where it transfers the viewer - an experience that feels fun, adventurous, and I found the new installment offering a fresh, augmented feeling to the world of indy, and at the same time, enough familiarity to feel connected to the prior movies. This new chapter, though not as unsullied as Raiders, certainly has a lot to offer the audience. Perhaps its biggest affection is the place where it transfers the viewer - an experience that feels fun, adventurous, and separate from the many monotonous, disconcerting movies that Hollywood attempts to push down our throats. I have read many personal reviews that claim to have been extremely disappointed by the movie - I simply don't understand how. The many claims that the movie was too far fetched or unbelievable seem precarious - when exactly did any of the prior movies root themselves in the statistical modeling or pure, painstaking methodologies required of archeological investigation? Quite simply, they did not. Kingdom is another Indy movie that is entertaining and fun. It works on so many different levels and offers new territories for Indy to explore... and new territories for our imaginations. Expand
  69. ZackaryS.
    Sep 29, 2008
    I didn't really like the other indiana jones movies but this one i really liked. BUY THIS MOVIE!
  70. JimboJ.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fantastic Indy movie. It might not be the best in the series - it may even be the worst - but all the same, it's a damn fun movie to watch and make no mistake, this is an Indiana Jones movie. So I say drop the expectations, let go of the comparisons, and just sit back and enjoy the ride.
  71. ChrisT.
    May 19, 2008
    Excellent film that manages to capture the spirit of the franchise while providing an era-appropriate context.
  72. CraigH.
    May 23, 2008
    Everything it should have been and more.
  73. NickT
    May 24, 2008
    Not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but a very good entry in the series.
  74. ThomasB.
    May 26, 2008
    OK, so it is not the best Indiana Jones movie of the whole series. Ok, Harrison Ford is older. SO WHAT?!?!?!?! It is supposed to be a fun action-adventure movie, not an exercise in archaeology of history. Though it had some flaws, it was a great time at the movies. I loved it, and the motifs of aliens and sommunist spies worked great for the 50s just like Nazis and religious artifacts OK, so it is not the best Indiana Jones movie of the whole series. Ok, Harrison Ford is older. SO WHAT?!?!?!?! It is supposed to be a fun action-adventure movie, not an exercise in archaeology of history. Though it had some flaws, it was a great time at the movies. I loved it, and the motifs of aliens and sommunist spies worked great for the 50s just like Nazis and religious artifacts worked for the 30s. It was fun, and that's what movies are supposed to be. Expand
  75. ColeJ
    May 27, 2008
    I knew this movie was going to get mixed reviews, but I liked it a lot. I hear lots of people bashing it cause of the whole alien plotline, but I honestly found it more believable than some of the other ones, like The Last Crusade. In fact, I liked most of the aspects that others didn't, even the high profile stunts. Sure, they were ridiculous, but they were ridiculously fun. I knew this movie was going to get mixed reviews, but I liked it a lot. I hear lots of people bashing it cause of the whole alien plotline, but I honestly found it more believable than some of the other ones, like The Last Crusade. In fact, I liked most of the aspects that others didn't, even the high profile stunts. Sure, they were ridiculous, but they were ridiculously fun. I'll admit, it's no oscar-winning Fall season movie, but it's not supposed to be. Indiana Jones movies have always been very Hollywood-style, and I still appreciate that. So when I stand this movie up to the other 3, I gotta say, I was pleased with it. Expand
  76. MikeM.
    May 28, 2008
    Great fun. Not without faults of course. If you want to pick it apart you certainly would be able to, but it is more fun to sit back and enjoy the ride.
  77. ScottD.
    May 28, 2008
    Classic Indiana Jones style and im sure nobody would want it any other way. brilliant combat sequences and of course the unbelievability of it just keeps it in the true style Fantastic
  78. JC
    May 29, 2008
    It was awesome and great. I loved it other than the guy swinging from trees and the aliens. Those parts were a farfetched.
  79. mikey
    May 29, 2008
    Campy, corny, and fun. I don't know why so many people are griping about this movie. "Unbelieveable?" It's Indiana Jones, for pete's sake people, what were you expecting? The overuse of CGI rankled a bit, but on the whole I loved this movie. And Cate Blanchett was utterly badass.
  80. RichardG.
    May 31, 2008
    Face it. Harrison Ford is in it, written by George Lucas, and directed by Steven Spielberg. Eventually, it will be on network and cable 24/7 and we will all have seen it fifty or more times even if we don't want to ever see it again. Version 4 still has all the elements of the originals and it will always be part of cultural experience no matter how lacking the plot might have been.
  81. FletchB
    Jun 16, 2008
    I loved it. Great fun, should be more heroes like indy. Can't wait for a few more hopefully with shia. I hated some parts, but then those who complain have no imagination!
  82. LiamPM
    Jun 21, 2008
    Who goes to see an indiana jones movie, and expects it to be meaningful and serious? Honestly, I would've been disappointed if it wasn't so corny. When i see Harrison Ford, I expect him to say 'I have a bad feeling about this'. its not meant to be a meaningful, serious movie, but a FUN one! To be fair, i think shia la douche is a crap actor, and ruined it a little, but Who goes to see an indiana jones movie, and expects it to be meaningful and serious? Honestly, I would've been disappointed if it wasn't so corny. When i see Harrison Ford, I expect him to say 'I have a bad feeling about this'. its not meant to be a meaningful, serious movie, but a FUN one! To be fair, i think shia la douche is a crap actor, and ruined it a little, but overall this movie was awesome! Really, if you were expecting a deep, daring masterpiece, then i'd like to know which indiana jones movies you saw prior to this one, because they're not the one's i saw. Expand
  83. May 4, 2011
    Very, very underrated. Hating this movie because of small instances is unfair and unreasonable. I found this movie just as fun as the last three Indiana Jones films. Yes, it's not as good as the other three by a mile but the story is still interesting, the Indiana Jones character is still the same charismatic adventurer we all know and love and the handful helping of nostalgia actuallyVery, very underrated. Hating this movie because of small instances is unfair and unreasonable. I found this movie just as fun as the last three Indiana Jones films. Yes, it's not as good as the other three by a mile but the story is still interesting, the Indiana Jones character is still the same charismatic adventurer we all know and love and the handful helping of nostalgia actually makes the film all the fun it can be plus the "Nuke the Fridge" scene was the highlight in my opinion. Expand
  84. Mar 14, 2011
    Sheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones weSheesh, what's with all the negativity? If you ask me, I think this was the best Indiana Jones movie since the original one. Not saying the last two sequels were bad, but they were kinda going left and right between what the true religion in the Jones universe is. I for one was glad they departed from looking for religious artifacts, and Harrison Ford is still the same old Indiana Jones we all know and love. Expand
  85. Jul 30, 2011
    Great follow up to possibly the greatest movie series ever. Not the best one of the lot though but I completely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a hell of an adventure!
  86. Apr 6, 2011
    What is with all of the negative criticism? Sure, the ending could've been better, but the fun action, good acting, and a great score, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a great movie. And people complaining that hte movie is too unrealistic, that is insane. Did you ever see Temple of Doom?
  87. May 23, 2012
    Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did yourIndiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a very good action movie. It's underrated. Why do people dislike it so much, it's a genuinely good film, its got great action scenes, tense and kinda spooky moments, a great dialogue/script, an interesting plot with good twists and quite good acting. I do admit the film has bad moments: like the monkeys and stuff. If you did your research, if it has crystal skull in the name, it's probably gonna have aliens in it, and anyway, the aliens are cool. What's so bad about sword fights, they're not bad. If it's different from its predecessors, that doesn't mean it's bad, it's a really good film! Expand
  88. Jan 15, 2015
    Rewatched it recently on BD. After nearly 20 years we see Harrison Ford return as Indiana Jones in this sequel. I thought the movie was pretty good. Indiana Jones series always involved the supernatural and this installment is no different. Its definitely better than Temple of Doom thats for sure.
  89. May 3, 2014
    Though it isn't better than the first three films (then again, what could?), The Crystal Skull never does any real damage and is worth its weight in the popcorn.
  90. May 12, 2014
    Another Indy flick arrives, and is as good as ever, a entertaining action adventure film Indiana Jones is my most beloved movies and this ads to the great adventure trilogy, hopefully the cast Harrison Ford and crew will return for a fifth outing. I rate this a nine out of ten
  91. Jan 11, 2015
    It may not be that appealing to longtime Indiana Jones fans, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is still a great adventure with more than enough action and (slightly) funny dialogue. Shia LaBeouf is not a problem. The movie is very underrated.
  92. SusanL.
    May 28, 2008
    Hey, this is an Indiana Jones movie -- period sets, world travel, secret kingdoms buried treasure and a story line straight from a British Boys' Adventure book from the 50's. It is not a movie about Iraq. There is no deep thought here. Thank God. Last fall there was nothing but deep thought and Iraq and nobody went to the movies. Indiana Jones is a franchise people go to the movies for.
  93. AndrewD
    May 22, 2008
    This movie I think brought Indiana Jones to the new era, keeping all of its core elements and modernising them. The humour was fantastic but I thinnk there wasn't enough of it. The aamount of action was brilliant despite being a little over the top at times, I wonder if this old Indie can actually do some of the things in this movie, and walk away. The plot is a little farfetched but This movie I think brought Indiana Jones to the new era, keeping all of its core elements and modernising them. The humour was fantastic but I thinnk there wasn't enough of it. The aamount of action was brilliant despite being a little over the top at times, I wonder if this old Indie can actually do some of the things in this movie, and walk away. The plot is a little farfetched but compelling, and fast moving. It was a little shallow but entertaining throughout. Great choice of actors too. I would like to have given it 8.5 not just 8. Expand
  94. DaveR.
    May 30, 2008
    A great fun movie that never disappointed in spite of the silly ending which itself was inline with the previous movies, especially Temple of Doom.
  95. SteveF.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Very enjoyable movie well worth the price of a theater ticket. No Raiders but way better than temple! I liked the first half of the movie better than the second half. Some of the action sequences were a bit far fetched
  96. JoeM.
    Aug 10, 2008
    What's all the fuss? Preposterous yes, but also highly entertaining. And as I recall, that's what all the Indiana Jones films have been, I mean come on, Temple of Doom is one of the silliest films I've ever seen, but it's still a great thrill ride and so is this. A worthy entry in the series. Haters, GET OVER IT.
  97. LaurenS.
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indiana Jones yet again takes the thrilling attempt of adventure, CGI and action sequences make it a great movie. But it's better than the 1st (raiders of the lost ark) and the 3rd (The last crusade), the 2nd one was not good at all. Indiana Jones, good movie, but not spielberg's best.
  98. ThomasW.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Enjoyable film, couldn't see much wrong with it, I guess some people expected way too much and thought it was going to best the originals, which is kinda unreasonable and unrealistic to be honest. Had everything an Indy film needs, action, chases, fist fights, and a sense of awe and discovery.
  99. JoshS.
    May 22, 2008
    Good, campy, dumb fun. I had a great time. It's probably as good or slightly better than Temple of Doom. I could have done without some of the CGI. The CGI animals, CGI refrigerator bouncing wildly and cartoonishly around the desert, some of the CGI backgrounds, etc. just do not sit well with me. That being said, there were some great one-liners, lots of over-the-top chase scenes, Good, campy, dumb fun. I had a great time. It's probably as good or slightly better than Temple of Doom. I could have done without some of the CGI. The CGI animals, CGI refrigerator bouncing wildly and cartoonishly around the desert, some of the CGI backgrounds, etc. just do not sit well with me. That being said, there were some great one-liners, lots of over-the-top chase scenes, fun stunts, and the characteristic goofiness that we've all come to love. I can't wait to see it, and the rest of the series, again. Expand
  100. PriyanthT
    May 22, 2008
    Its full of adventure and Harrison Ford has done the impossible stunt for his age. And Steven Spielberg has been very inventive and didn't let the hope down of the fans and he has made the audience to enjoy it. Some scenes are really funny and this has raised the name again.

1. Harrison Ford? Terrific -- and re-energized.
  2. Director Steven Spielberg seems intent on celebrating his entire early career here. Whatever the story there is, a vague journey to return a spectacular archeological find to its rightful home -- an unusual goal of the old grave-robber, you must admit -- gets swamped in a sea of stunts and CGI that are relentless as the scenes and character relationships are charmless.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    There are scenes in the new movie that seem like stretching exercises at a retirement home; there are garrulous stretches, and even the title seems a few words too long. But once it gets going, Crystal Skull delivers smart, robust, familiar entertainment.