8.4

1. Sep 24, 2011
    The movie still has its adventurous spirit with a bad ass performance by Harrison Ford. However, the movie may be boring for some of those who already have watched its prequels due to the extreme similarity. Overall if you like adventures, a great movie to watch.
  2. Mar 15, 2011
    The best opus of the Saga. Great acting, specially from Ford and Connery. This movie is a perfect mix of humour, action and good scenario . No doubt it's a cult movie !
    "Pro" critic reviews is just a joke, it deserves, at least a 80 rating !
  3. Feb 6, 2012
    The best of all of the Indiana Jones.
  4. May 5, 2011
    In my opinion the best film in the entire series, The Last Crusade was a huge step up from Temple of Doom and a huge improvement from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Why? The action was better, the plot was more engaging and probably the main highlight is the father and son chemistry between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery that completely made the film so damn enjoyable.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Another good adventure moie with Indiana Jones. However, I really think the search for religious artifacts was becoming tiresome by this point.
  6. Nov 1, 2010
    Harrison Ford saves the day again along with Sean Connery.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    It was good but not that good. I think Sean Connery was a great addition and works well with Harrison Ford. The rest of the cast was fine as well. I would have liked it see it be more original then the previous films but it was still a solid addition to the series.
  8. Apr 4, 2011
    Geared towards 12 year olds. The dialogue is so cheesy, it makes you cringe. Every single scene is so made, it is just way too obvious that there is a camera on the other side. Sean Connery as Indiana's dad is completely and utterly miscast. The rest of the characters are all too cliche. The entire story is so bad, it is just plain boring.
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    Not the best movie in the series but still great fun. And I really liked the chemistry of Ford and Connery. And to everyone who says that nobody was looking for the grail at the time: IT'S NOT REAL! It's just a movie. Other than that, the movie is a blast.
  10. Jul 8, 2012
    It's flabbergasting that this movie has a 66/100 metascore from "critics". not sure what they were smoking back in 89 but this movie is unsurpassable in the Action/Adventure genre.
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    Until the last half hour or so, Last Crusade was a pretty solid film. It's just the ending was so painfully stupid, It sort of ruined the film for me. I mean sitting through it for 2 hours for that ending was sort of disappointing.
  12. Feb 23, 2012
    This was my favorite of the series when I was a child, but Raiders is just a better movie. I love the banter between father and son in this particular installment. Ford and Connery worked well together here. A vast improvement upon Temple of Doom. This is the second best of all four movies.
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    One of the more worthy installments of the franchise, containing a hefty amount of laughs, lots of stunning effects and some great chemistry between Connery and Ford. A great conclusion to a classic franchise.
  14. Mar 28, 2012
    This film is excellent, it really holds up to the first 2 without a doubt and is way better the disappointingly over awful fourth film, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery's on screen chemistry is brilliant, easily one of Sean Connery's best movies. Really entertaining throughout.
  15. Jul 29, 2012
    A great film! I just loved it and its my second fav Indiana Jones film. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 8.9/10
  16. Mar 8, 2014
    The fast-paced third installment is brainy, exciting and it's better than both of its predecessors. It's not as dark as "Temple of Doom", and there are scenes that are just hilarious. This is a thrill ride and it won't leave you disappointed.
  17. Jul 12, 2012
    Not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark, but better than Temple of Doom. The Last Crusade plays it safe by going back to the more successful style of the franchise's first installment, which was welcomed by fans after some didn't approve of Doom's dark tones.
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    Unlike the disappointment that "The Temple Of Doom" was for me, I really enjoyed "The Last Crusade". It was filled with action, comedy, a great musical score, great acting and great directing just like the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark". And unlike The Temple of Doom it has no annoying girl screaming through the whole thing lol.. This is my second favourite Indiana Jones movie, with "Raiders of the Lost Ark" being my favourite. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2012
    I still don't care too much for the opening, which tries to explain some of the back story of the Indiana Jones character (fear of snakes, the whip and fedora, etc.); but the rest of this film mesmerizes me. The addition of Connery to the cast (as Indy's father) is a nice touch, providing further insight into the character development, though it does seem to be pushed a bit past the limit at times. Still, in a film-ic version of old serials, limits were made to be pushed. There is not much time to relax during the entire running time, but I don't see that as a problem. The humor (through both the Marcus Brody and Saliah characters, as well as the interplay between the Fords) is in just about the right proportion (again though, it does push the limits). The storyline harkens back to the "Raiders" style, drawing on religious themes and including everyone's favorite bad guys: Nazis. It's flicks like this which go a long ways to atoning for past mistakes (re: "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"). Expand
  20. Nov 28, 2012
  21. Dec 29, 2012
    "The Last Crusade" is the final film in the original Indiana Jones trilogy - and fittingly, the most entertaining of them all. This time, Indy's dad joins the adventure, played by Sean Connery, and the chemistry between these two gives the movie a fantastic human center quite unique to the series. They find themselves on a quest to prevent the Nazis from acquiring the Holy Grail - and yeah, although this is essentially a rehash of the original, it's just so damn much fun that you simply don't care or even really notice. I'd seen films 1 and 3 several times before I suddenly realized how similar they were, and that's the impressive strength of "Last Crusade" - you get so caught up in everything with Indy and his dad, so swept up in spectacular chase sequences, that they could be after the Ark a second time and you still wouldn't care. "Raiders" may have established this traditional Indy formula, departed from only in the very different "Temple of Doom", but it is perfected and tied with a bow here in "Last Crusade". The music is at its best, the action is at its best, the characters are at their best, and of course Spielberg is at his best. It's a straight-up A-grade thrillride. Expand
  22. May 11, 2013
    Compared to the first two I think the third installment was just a little under, but only by a little as all three films were very good. Indy is back of course but this time joined by his Father, played by Sean Connery. It's a decent addition to the series with enough entertainment similar to the first two films, but I think it's starting to miss the freshness that the original had, and the new twists brought in the sequel. Overall still a good film and a great series of movies from the 80's. Expand
  23. May 12, 2013
    The third Indiana Jones movie is fantastic, and probably the best of the series, because its thematic is fun and good to explore and in the hands of Spielberg, this is perfect, because nothing could be better than Idiana Jones and James Bond, fighting Nazis while discussing the relationship of father and son and the holy graau hunting.
  24. Jul 15, 2013
    This is the BEST Indiana Jones film of the series with a very witty and well written script that makes it feel fresh and new, fantastic performances by Harrison Ford and Sean Connery really make this film hilarious and awesome, the direction and tone (Spielberg does a fantastic job at focusing the film on certain spots), the action is top notch epic, the adventure tone is very well done and is done in a sort of race tone which makes it more fun and enjoyable and the music is wonderful (once again Williams is amazing!). This film packs it all in and tops the others in every way possible and makes one of the greatest adventure films ever made! Expand
  25. Jan 5, 2014
    The third installment to the Indiana Jones trilogy (I do not count the fourth one) is very refreshing and unlike most second sequels, still has a lot of energy and hope. Sean Connery is great as Indy's befuddled father who was never there for his son as a child.
  26. Dec 10, 2013
    A great finale to the Indie Trilogy (Crystal Skull doesn't exist I tell you!). Sean Connery is brilliant as Indie's Dad as the religious archifact adventures of our favourite archaeologist continue.

1. Mechanical, soulless.
  2. More amusing than exciting. [19 June 1989, p.28]
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The relaxed and confident Crusade is the first Jones outing to benefit from actual characterizations. [24 May 1989, Life, p.1D]