7.7

1. Oct 17, 2010
    Brad Pitt doing that accent trying to speak Italian is one of the best scenes I've scene in a long time. Tarantino does a great job as usual, and gives another movie that's worth watching over and over. I'm glad Hitler died this time around as well.
  2. Oct 4, 2010
    Exceptionally gory, even for a Quentin Tarantino film, it is not for the faint hearted. 'Inglourious Basterds' is a feast of humour, suspense, and blood, and is thoroughly entertaining. The acting, especially from Christoph Waltz and Diane Kruger, is superb. The witty, clever dialogue, a trademark of Tarantino films, makes up a wonderful screenplay. You are almost kept on the edge of yourExceptionally gory, even for a Quentin Tarantino film, it is not for the faint hearted. 'Inglourious Basterds' is a feast of humour, suspense, and blood, and is thoroughly entertaining. The acting, especially from Christoph Waltz and Diane Kruger, is superb. The witty, clever dialogue, a trademark of Tarantino films, makes up a wonderful screenplay. You are almost kept on the edge of your seat throughout this film because it is so unpredictable, featuring numerous plot twists and unexpected outcomes. I must admit, I was expecting a little bit more than what I got because there is no denying, it is quite slow, but I was nonetheless impressed by the film overall. Expand
  3. Sep 23, 2010
    Tarantino uses a really great and superb revenge trilogy from World War II, and his violent but entertaining stylistic writing makes this movie fantastic.
  4. Sep 10, 2010
    Fantastic Christoph Waltz ! Brilliant Tarantino! Standing Ovation for Christoph Waltz A.K.A."Hans Landa" in this movie. Best Actor for the "Oscar" in my opinion.
  5. Sep 2, 2010
    Nazi officer assigned to France to kill Jews, group of Jewish American soldiers hunt Nazis, paths cross, Nazi war hero has film made about him, wants premiere in small French town, twists, turns & turmoil.
    An amazing cast executing their roles spectacularly & some very good dialogue (in four languages!) which you'd expect from Tarantino.
    Despite all this it just felt a bit lacking despite
    Despite all this it just felt a bit lacking despite one or two very good scenes (The scene in the bar with German officers the standout).
    Also, Christoph Walz reminded me of a Nazi Rob Brydon which took off his edge a little bit.
  6. Aug 27, 2010
    Quentin Tarantino has once again taken the reins of pop-art cinema and delivers a delicious slice of mayhem a la Nazi-occupied France, Spaghetti Western style (though some viewers may be disappointed if they were looking for a nonstop action fest - it's a talking movie in which the most prevalent languages are French and German). Christopher Waltz is stunning in his role as the "JewQuentin Tarantino has once again taken the reins of pop-art cinema and delivers a delicious slice of mayhem a la Nazi-occupied France, Spaghetti Western style (though some viewers may be disappointed if they were looking for a nonstop action fest - it's a talking movie in which the most prevalent languages are French and German). Christopher Waltz is stunning in his role as the "Jew Hunter" and Brad Pitt is pure entertainment for the small amount of time he is on screen. It's all well done, but I hesitate to rate it any higher because it all felt so familiar coming from Tarantino... Expand
  7. Aug 20, 2010
    brilliant. very funny and great acting. one of the best films to have been made in the last decade. i strongly recommend all readers to see this movie.
  8. Aug 16, 2010
    Delirious fun from ringmaster Tarantino. Unlike any World War II film ever made. Beautiful cinematography to go along with wicked dialogue and some great performances by Waltz and Kruger. The ending has a goofy twist and adds to the continuous fun, though I will say the film is very violent, maybe his most since "Kill Bill".
  9. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've never been a terribly big fan of Tarantino, until now maybe. Seamless acting and considering the language barrier, highly interesting dialogue fill the film throughout. As long as your attention span allows you to read for a few minutes straight your interest should last until the visually striking action scenes. If you find yourself perhaps put off by the subtitles or the occasionally zany Colonel Landa, please watch the climactic finish with a fresh mind. It should stun anyone who will allow it to. I ended up staring blankly with my mouth agape even as the credits began rolling. That might be because I thought the movie would be, in general, historically accurate going in, but afterwards I was extremely glad that it wasn't. I was equally disappointed that this wasn't how World War II actually ended, because Hitler's face being riddled with bullets is a much more fitting way to end such a life. Speaking of fitting ends, the final line reads, "This just might be my masterpiece." Well Tarantino, I think you might just be right. Expand
  10. Aug 13, 2010
    One of the biggest surprises of the year, 'Inglourious Basterds' is definitely a great film, and one of Tarantino's best.
    With one of the best best acting ensembles of recent memory and a (traditionally Tarantino) excellent and interesting story line, it provides for two very important elements of any good film.
    Technically, the film is flawless and everything just works. It is also highly
    Technically, the film is flawless and everything just works. It is also highly entertaining and very funny. My favourite thing were the Italian accents of Brad Pitt and his boys. Amazing. Excellent film!

1. The film is by no means terrible -- its two hours and 32 minutes running time races by -- but those things we think of as being Tarantino-esque, the long stretches of wickedly funny dialogue, the humor in the violence and outsized characters strutting across the screen, are largely missing.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A violent fairy tale, an increasingly entertaining fantasia in which the history of World War II is wildly reimagined so that the cinema can play the decisive role in destroying the Third Reich.
  3. In Tarantino's besotted historical reverie, real-life villains Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels are played as grotesque jokes. The Basterds are played as exaggeratedly tough Jews. The women are femmes fatales.?