Innocent Voices

8.3

1. AnaP
    Oct 20, 2005
    I loooooved the movie... Now, maybe it was weird to see them talking in mexican but it is understandable. I loved the movie... I cried so much... Still.... five stars.
  2. SureshB.
    Jul 30, 2008
    No words, Its a superb film, The best movie I ever seen.
  3. Tony
    Oct 17, 2005
    A story focused on the preservation of the humanity of a family unit despite the absence of it around. subtle and appropriate political statements.
  4. AidaC.
    Oct 30, 2005
    This is a film dedicated to those
  5. KevinyPaz
    Jan 31, 2009
    This was a great Movie, The Child actors were some of the best I have ever seen. Carlos Padilla did a great job in the lead roll, as did the rest of the cast.
  6. TaraS.
    Jan 5, 2009
    This movie is so powerful. We watched it in spanish class and it pretty much made my year.
  7. JGarcia
    Nov 3, 2005
    This movie deserves an Oscar! A powerful movie that masterfully combines humor with history. I enjoyed every minute of it. All of the actors were great especially the lead little boy -- amazing. Definitely a must see film.
  8. AndreaM.
    Nov 9, 2005
    [***SPOILERS***] Great movie, it's conforting to know that even at such difficult times, family and friendship ties cannot be destroyed. For me it was specially touching the friendship between Ancha and Chava so the scene where Ancha is killed for helping him escape from soldiers wasreally heart breaking.
  9. sjs
    Oct 30, 2005
    I thought this film was powerful & moving and I am so glad to see it's finally in release, I want to tell everyone to go see it!
  10. DedeS.
    May 30, 2006
    The best movie I ever seen. I like it so much! The first movie of my grade.
  11. RenéS.
    Oct 24, 2005
    The innocent voice and spirit of survival is strongly portrayed by Carlos Padilla (Chava), an 11-year-old boy who becomes the
  12. SindyG.
    Apr 24, 2008
    Movie was very sad , made my husband remember what it was like when he was there and how u suffer.
  13. CarlosR
    Dec 13, 2005
    One of the best films I've seen in years.
  14. CharlizeW.
    Dec 13, 2005
    This film is the most ovelooked film of the year. It is an amazing film that should've won an oscar last year. This has been the only movie that has made an emotional impact in my life, it made me cry, laugh, but mostly realize the all the INNOCENT VOICES there are in the kids during wars. Since we are currently in one, this film is very especial to me. I'm glad to see that this This film is the most ovelooked film of the year. It is an amazing film that should've won an oscar last year. This has been the only movie that has made an emotional impact in my life, it made me cry, laugh, but mostly realize the all the INNOCENT VOICES there are in the kids during wars. Since we are currently in one, this film is very especial to me. I'm glad to see that this year it has been recognized by the National Board Of Review, Washington Film Critics, San Franciso Film Festival and the Satellite Awards. I first saw it at the Toronto Film Festival, where the whole audience was crying and at the end of the film stood up clapping. THIS IS A MUST SEE! Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2010
    I am surprised that having witnessed a true story about a boy losing his innocence during the civil war in El Salvador with grueling pictures of the atrocities of war and the things a 11 year old goes through, I did not quite feel overwhelmed.

1. A riveting tale of survival and how even war cannot diminish a child's indomitable spirit.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    While the respectable result is a more meaningful film than just about anything Mandoki worked on during his 17 years in Hollywood ("Angel Eyes," "Message in a Bottle"), pic suffers from an overindulgence of triumph-over-adversity cliches and a meandering narrative.
    It's only human to feel gripped, enraged, and even moved by the events depicted in Innocent Voices, a true account of one boy's experience in the crossfire of El Salvador's long, bloody civil war.